Ggt #25

I could get Split/Second this very second on Amazon for $6.XX with 2nd day shipping after giftcards but the rubber-banding AI scares me .... should i ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I could get Split/Second this very second on Amazon for $6.XX with 2nd day shipping after giftcards but the rubber-banding AI scares me .... should i ?[/QUOTE]

it's the only racing game with rubber banding that I think is better because of it.

back to 3d dot heroes... i've been neglecting it and i want to get near done with it before going to berlin. anyone want german stuff next week? I'll be going to some euro night clubs just to see the women and how different they are to the ones in miami.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Previously on Alan Wake...[/QUOTE]

I need a 360.

Before I get one though I need to think of at least 5 games I'm dying to play that are exclusive to it though...so I don't end up selling it like last time :p

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What does " GGT " mean ?

gunk gets toasty
games go tornado
go go techy

?[/QUOTE]
General Gaming Thread.

[quote name='dallow']fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I was browsing craigslist, saw someone selling a vintage Marantz reciever that I wanted for only $60, easily sells for a few hundred online. Ad posted today!
Sent my email, went back to the ad, refreshed, and he updated it with "SOLD". Ugh...

http://www.audioscope.net/images/marantz2285b1.jpg

So beautiful....[/QUOTE]

Dude, I love vintage audio equipment. That Marantz is :drool:, but you didn't get it. :cry:

Was planning on pre-ordering Starcraft 2 today with my left over GS credit. Went through the whole checkout process and everything, but couldn't pull the trigger.

I've never been this conflicted over a game before. Starcraft Brood War is one of my favorite games of all time and I've played it regularly for the past 11 years. After all this waiting, hype and excitement -- I can't even justify spending $35 on its sequel.

I don't know what's wrong with me, it's a great game. It's just that after 11 years this is perhaps the most anti-climatic sequel I've ever played. Blizzard isn't known to revolutionize, they just make extremely polished games -- which is all I want from them. But SC2 has honestly bored the living hell out of me for the past few months.

I'm not a nostalgic type of gamer so it's not some trivial reason like the visuals or anything, but damn it's been 11 years and this is it. It's just everything about SC2 is just a bit dull compared to Brood War. It's fundamentally identical, but it seems they just kept the original game and degraded everything that gave it flare.

Most competitive game ever played and the new Battle net is turning out to be a downgrade from what WC3 introduced.

I'm going to wait and see how the game evolves past release. It's very much like Brood War so in that regard its already a very fine RTS, and it's balance is even better than the original SC was at release. But color me as one very sad gamer.

I only want to play for the single player, so I need to wait and hear how long it lasts considering it's Terran only.

I still need to order SC2. I enjoyed the beta, and I know I'll get my moneys worth since it's a game I will keep going back to.

Finished RDR last night. Liked the ending.

Bayonetta is awesome since it hasn't started whupping my ass yet. I can see the cutscenes pick up where DMC3's left off.

[quote name='seanr1221']No one wants to see that kind of stuff :|

---

Ninja Dog, how does Chaos Rings look on an iPad?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it on the ipad, but there are some pics in the gaf thread. Looks more like a ps1 game-- more jaggy than on the phone. They're making a pad-specific version though.

[quote name='Dallow']So, it was pushed back online?
But still instore is the same?
[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a second shipment online. Instore, i imagine you can still pre-order, but I haven't checked.

Played a half hour of Mario Galaxy 2. Game is so good. But I've been watching animu and that's been taking time away from gaming. Only 23 episodes left till I finish this series! So like... 2 days worth.

Wow, so I finally tried out getting the sand man achievement in AC2 and it was super easy! Like, half a million times easier than I thought it'd be. Same with No-hitter.

[quote name='dallow']I only want to play for the single player, so I need to wait and hear how long it lasts considering it's Terran only.[/QUOTE]
Same here, but I've already preordered the CE. Also, it's long been known that each race's campaign in SC2 is roughly three times the size as any of those in SC or Brood War, which is why the game was split up like it was, so I never had any qualms about that.

Didn't play a whole lot of the beta myself, but really looking forward to the Southerners in Space Wings of Liberty storyline.

[quote name='Chacrana']Played a half hour of Mario Galaxy 2. Game is so good. But I've been watching animu and that's been taking time away from gaming. Only 23 episodes left till I finish this series! So like... 2 days worth.[/QUOTE]

what series?

I randomly decided to watch some the other day. Hellsing 5 and 6 (saving 7 for later.) That shit is incredible. Hope they'll be able to finish it, but I guess the manga is going to keep going. Also watched half of the Angel Cop ova, which is awesomely bad.

[quote name='blueshinra']Same here, but I've already preordered the CE. Also, it's long been known that each race's campaign in SC2 is roughly three times the size as any of those in SC or Brood War, which is why the game was split up like it was, so I never had any qualms about that.

Didn't play a whole lot of the beta myself, but really looking forward to the Southerners in Space Wings of Liberty storyline.[/QUOTE]
Oooh, that's reassuring then.

Yeah, I don't really play online since there's no way I can match up to people who play so quickly.
When my friends and I play it's like, "Ok, truce for 45 minutes! :lol:"
I build clean, efficient societies whereas serious players build unit factories, haha.

[quote name='ninja dog']I randomly decided to watch some the other day. Hellsing 5 and 6 (saving 7 for later.) That shit is incredible. Hope they'll be able to finish it, but I guess the manga is going to keep going.[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm mistaken the manga is done(at least in Japan). That reminds me that I need to catch up on Hellsing and Black Lagoon.

How did dying lose you hours of time? I just played it again, dying did NOTHING save for costing you your body armor and some cash. I beat the game in 15 hours. Some of the missions still suck and can be finnicky, but the lack of checkpoints wasn't bad at all. GTA4 is still a very very solid game. So unless you mean "hours of time in the game", which are essentially meaningless, I'm failing to understand.
Some of the missions felt like hours... just driving across town got so tedious and it felt so restrictive. I much prefer the open roads in RDR.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Was planning on pre-ordering Starcraft 2 today with my left over GS credit. Went through the whole checkout process and everything, but couldn't pull the trigger.

I've never been this conflicted over a game before. Starcraft Brood War is one of my favorite games of all time and I've played it regularly for the past 11 years. After all this waiting, hype and excitement -- I can't even justify spending $35 on its sequel.

I don't know what's wrong with me, it's a great game. It's just that after 11 years this is perhaps the most anti-climatic sequel I've ever played. Blizzard isn't known to revolutionize, they just make extremely polished games -- which is all I want from them. But SC2 has honestly bored the living hell out of me for the past few months.

I'm not a nostalgic type of gamer so it's not some trivial reason like the visuals or anything, but damn it's been 11 years and this is it. It's just everything about SC2 is just a bit dull compared to Brood War. It's fundamentally identical, but it seems they just kept the original game and degraded everything that gave it flare.

Most competitive game ever played and the new Battle net is turning out to be a downgrade from what WC3 introduced.

I'm going to wait and see how the game evolves past release. It's very much like Brood War so in that regard its already a very fine RTS, and it's balance is even better than the original SC was at release. But color me as one very sad gamer.

Well you have to look at it like a Beta. Nothing in the Beta is persistent and things are constantly being moved around/changing. Also only about 50% of the game is in place, there are still a bunch of things that need to be implemented. Add on the fact that there will be amazing UMS games post release. I'm pretty bored of the Multiplayer as well, but that's because that is all there is.

I think Im about halfway done with Prince of Persia and it's still a blast.

Btw, for any of you who tend to order overseas is there a particular website your prefer? I'd like to get some UK exclusive Limited Edition games but some websites don't ship to the US and NCSx doesn't have what I want :(

So how does the new Prince of Persia play? Does it play like the cel-shaded game? Or more like the last gen trilogy? And if the later, it it more like the Sands of Time which I loved, or the latter two with their "extreme!" edge and more focus on combat?

Just curious. I liked Sands of Time a good bit, and LOVED the cel shaded one. Didn't care for the other two last gen (didn't play much of the third though). This new one I'd assumed was more like those latter two and just a quick movie cash in from what I'd seen. But maybe that was the wrong impression?

Cloth map up ins.

vzyqf.jpg

[quote name='DarkNessBear']

Some of the missions felt like hours... just driving across town got so tedious and it felt so restrictive. I much prefer the open roads in RDR.

Well you have to look at it like a Beta. Nothing in the Beta is persistent and things are constantly being moved around/changing. Also only about 50% of the game is in place, there are still a bunch of things that need to be implemented. Add on the fact that there will be amazing UMS games post release. I'm pretty bored of the Multiplayer as well, but that's because that is all there is.[/quote]This is true and the UMS maps of the future are going to make this game well worth the money, but I'm a very competitive player and almost strictly play ladder. More balance changes will come but that's not really my gripe. What's in place is basically the game that's going to be released. It's good, but I'm not a fan.

[quote name='dallow']Cloth map up ins.

vzyqf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

but wait NO PENDANT, NO SALE.

oh xseed, trying what Working Designs tried so many years ago. I can't imagine more people are buying B and C-level Japanese games these days than they were back then.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Some of the missions felt like hours... just driving across town got so tedious and it felt so restrictive. I much prefer the open roads in RDR.
[/QUOTE]

one word.

taxi. :)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh my, Splinter Cell CE for 30 boners? Tempty temptress.[/QUOTE]

srsly dont. I beat in two days without focusing on it much. Plus it's kinda a mess that works against it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If you didn't see the credits roll, you're not done.[/QUOTE]

Alright, now I finished it.

bread's done
Back