GGT 271 Saved gunnmdawg last minute from making a terrible thread title

Make new thread pls.

I got a 32GB Vita card from WorstBuy since it was on sale.  $40-ish after gamer discount and sale price and lil RZ cert.

15 hours is ridiculous, unless it's counting "beating the game" as doing everything and both campaigns.

I did everything short of fury mode, including getting all 3 endings for each, getting all 108 blades, beating all the caves, etc. It took me about 30 hours total.

You can speed run Kisuke's section in under 3 hours. In fact, there's a trophy for doing it. I clocked in at 3.30 on my first attempt at a speed run and then cut it down to like 2:35.

And it depends on what you mean by pick up.

If you don't like the story and you don't like the combat and getting new weapons, then no.

If you get decent at the combat and don't have it set on easy, then yeah, it can be a good time.

Completely disagree. They're pretty much the same outside of the story told and the bosses encountered.

Momohime's bosses are more difficult in many cases though.

The world does feel kind of static. Part of that is because most of the running from a to b is the same with a change in backgrounds. The real draw of the game should be the combat. While it's not super deep, there's enough variation between the different special techniques and learning to block/dodge properly that it's a good time overall.
I got that figure (15 hours) from this site: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11718

They tend to have a lot of data. I guess as with most things gaming related it's probably not 100% accurate.

I guess overall it's not pulling me in the way I thought it would. It's a little jarring after fighting enemies it brings up a menu each time like an rpg with what you've obtained, not sure it works in this otherwise action setting. I also am not crazy you can't swing your sword unless you are in "fight" mode. The stopping and talking to characters is extremely bland. I almost feel like I'm talking to a cardboard cutout. I'm not crazy about the repeating backdrops either.

With all that said I'm prepared to give it a real shot before putting it down. I don't think an hour is enough.

I got that figure (15 hours) from this site: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11718

They tend to have a lot of data. I guess as with most things gaming related it's probably not 100% accurate.

I guess overall it's not pulling me in the way I thought it would. It's a little jarring after fighting enemies it brings up a menu each time like an rpg with what you've obtained, not sure it works in this otherwise action setting. I also am not crazy you can't swing your sword unless you are in "fight" mode. The stopping and talking to characters is extremely bland. I almost feel like I'm talking to a cardboard cutout. I'm not crazy about the repeating backdrops either.

With all that said I'm prepared to give it a real shot before putting it down. I don't think an hour is enough.
I really liked the stories... talking to NPCs is kind of unnecessary.

Also, a lot of action type games bring up a scorecard after you finish a battle. See: MGR:R, Bayonetta, etc.

Not that Muramasa is the same type of action game, but it's got that in mind when it comes to the core gameplay.

I did wish I could use my sword outside of fights just so I could practice moves and check out what the special techniques are.

How far did you get in Momohime's story?

bread's done
Back