GGT 278 Is Only Going To End One Way; Either You Get Banned or It Gets Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the guy who only plays one handheld system.
I have a 3DS but it seems to be a better doorstop than a gaming system. I know I know Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, blah blah blah all games I give a rats ass about. VITA 4 life!

Honestly though I've only finished Arkham Asylum and the only reason was because I brought my laptop to work, hooked up my 360 controller, and closed my office door. So in a sense I was paid to play it. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
City was better.

You should play it.

Free roaming in that game reminded me of the Spider-Man 2 game. The free roaming in that game was fantastic.

Can you not read gunm dawg played arkham asylum for like 2 mins 4 years ago dawg he might get back into the swing of things if you would stop spoilering shit for him

Also joker is like batman's true side kick not this robin asshole.
I only say what I do because I care for him.

And his dislike of the Joker which I agree with.

Asylum > City

Persona is not grindy at all. It's only grindy if you make it (kinda like Animal Crossing)

If you guys like being a Bat that can't fly, sure, Asylum is better.

If you want to be a Bat that can fly? City is ze besterz.

Persona is not grindy at all. It's only grindy if you make it
It just feels that way, it's like those cheap flash RPGs where you go around inching up your stats. Super addicting off the bat, but P3 takes about 15-20 hours before you reach any sort of conflict in the story and it just wasn't enough to keep me going for another 40.

And all the female characters are annoying as fuck.

The story in City is what killed it for me. The second half of the game is also pretty bad
Asylum was a tighter more controlled experience...

The "freedom" of the sandbox kind of compromised some of the stuff they did with the story...

Add in the Catwoman swaps to try to make it interesting and the crazy ridiculous amount of challenge stuff they did (tooooo much!)

I didn't want a sandbox game in a sequel... I'd have been happy with another 3D Metroidvania style romp.

City was still good though.

--

I also agree that Persona is not grindy unless you want it to be.

But you made it through FF13...
Walking through corridors is not grindy. :rofl:

The demon fusing never stops being addicting to me in Persona.

---

As for Akham Asylum vs City, I like them both pretty much equally, but in different ways.  I like the Metroidvania aspects of Asylum, and I think the riddles were more consistently fun in that game.  But in City, flying around the city just gives me an unexplainable joy.

JRPGs are grindy.

I ended up playing City because I got it as a gift on Steam and I found I liked it better than Asylum (story notwithstanding).  From a gameplay and feature standpoint, I think City is more enjoyable.

Of course, I am nowhere near finishing either.  It had it's limits.  I may play it again later doe.  Well, for sure doe.

I'm in the Asylum camp, I felt like the setting and atmosphere was a little bit stronger in that game, plus I'm a huge fan of Metroidvania games.

I also think that City suffered a bit from having too many villains contending for the key role in the story and then that fell a bit flat when you hit the climax of the story, the final scene was interesting for sure though. Also, City gave me a bit of an Assassin's Creed vibe to how they laid out activities around the rather large map which I'm not a huge fan of.

I'll also say that I was kind of miffed with City since you never see Poison Ivy except during the Catwoman missions, whereas she got a much more prominent role in Asylum, and well she's one of my favorite villains.

It could be if they were stacked on top of each other and every one was the exact same and you had some 13 year old girl screaming "HUUUUHH IT'S THE ENEMY AKIHIKO SENPAIIII!" with each random encounter.
I like both games and don't have a problem with either.

I was just pointing out to J-Cart that there wasn't really any grinding in FF13 (not that I think you need to grind in P4G either).

I think the last JRPG I remember playing that required some grinding was DQ8.

Before that, the one that always sticks out was Legend of Dragoon.

I may have ground a few levels in FF12 too.... or at least tried to level up the 3 useless bodies collecting dust.

The Last Story literally had grind circles you could step on to spawn more enemy groups, and it advised that you use them. Laziest game design I've ever seen.

The Last Story literally had grind circles you could step on to spawn more enemy groups, and it advised that you use them. Laziest game design I've ever seen.
Easier than running in circles for random encounters or leaving a screen and going back so the enemies respawn.

What an enjoyable game that was.

I love Ivy, but I'm totally fine with never seeing their version of her again.

So you don't really love her then.

whoknows actually has point about the stepping stone versus random encounters. Of course, he is usually right when he is not playing bad games. So actually not usually right. But whatevs.

BXbZ68bCIAAOPDc.jpg

Speaking of Bleach, this final arc is pretty awesome, dawg. He's brought out his best writing and penciling for it. Gotta love mai waifu kicking some ass. 

Speaking of Bleach, this final arc is pretty awesome, dawg. He's brought out his best writing and penciling for it. Gotta love mai waifu kicking some ass.
Soi fong is doing work? I must have missed that chapter this is just gonna be the same shit like winter arc tite kubo is too afraid to kill off good guys in this manga. I love bleach and all but damn really that little shit boy captain was on the verge of deah but gets his bankai back at the last second?

I'm just waiting for ichigo and his dual bow quincy zanpacktao bankai soul reaver ass to come by and end this

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back