GGT 285 Has The Best Launch Titles Next Gen

Gears 1 had the better multiplayer. Gears 2 was trash on release and only got SLIGHTLY better. Gears 3 felt better than 2; a 7.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me. Some of those checkpoint stretches get pretty grueling,
I was watching it on a stream and thought the game looked boring. When I played it myself I beat the first level no problem. I thought it was just going to be some kids game. As soon as I entered level 2 I realized just how wrong I was. At least you don't die in a single hit in Dark Souls! Shit, this is just on normal, too.

Oh! YBX, I think I have a digital copy of Gears of War 1 from Judgment still if you want that, I have no use for it.

Gears 1 had the better multiplayer. Gears 2 was trash on release and only got SLIGHTLY better. Gears 3 felt better than 2; a 7.5.
I got all but 1 of the achievements in 2, could not get into 1's multi myself. 3's was alright as well but I think I enjoyed 2 the most personally.

so out of the all the gears of war games, which one is worth playing? do i need to play them in the chronological order from 1-3? any improvements gameplay wise from 1-3?
Skip 2 and judgment. 3 is the best gears 1 is the most fun I've ever had in a MP game but 3 is probably the best overall.

Even Cliffy B disliked 2.
Yeah he hated the vehicles in it. I'm interested to see what epic does with gears of war 4 after that disaster of judgment.

Don't know if you use eBay or not but this listing is up right now for a pretty good price for just the main three games. (Even comes with the steelbook edition for 2)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-of-War-Trilogy-Xbox-360-3-Games-and-5-Disc-/370944196568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565dff3fd8

EDIT: Whoknows wins, 1 and 2 are $3 each at GameStop :p
yeah, that is one of the reason i am thinking about buying , and playing the series because of the cheap price.

Oh! YBX, I think I have a digital copy of Gears of War 1 from Judgment still if you want that, I have no use for it.

I got all but 1 of the achievements in 2, could not get into 1's multi myself. 3's was alright as well but I think I enjoyed 2 the most personally.
thanks for your offer, but i feel kinda like I owe you something, if i take something free from you. i can just get it from gamestop for $2.99. LOL

thanks for your offer, but i feel kinda like I owe you something, if i take something free from you. i can just get it from gamestop for $2.99. LOL
Fair enough, I just completely forgot I had that and since I already own it and as you said it's only worth like $3 bucks so I have no use for it. But that's fine, just figured I would offer it since I have it sitting here!

Fair enough, I just completely forgot I had that and since I already own it and as you said it's only worth like $3 bucks so I have no use for it. But that's fine, just figured I would offer it since I have it sitting here!
o'yeah, did you get your ps4 yet, if so, how does it run? cool, and quiet? did you like leave it on for 10+ hours,

whoknows, what about you?

Hrm if I sell my xbox arcade I'll gave $400 in amazon credit still not enough though for an xbox one...

o'yeah, did you get your ps4 yet, if so, how does it run? cool, and quiet? did you like leave it on for 10+ hours,

whoknows, what about you?
I didn't get a PS4 at launch myself either, only got a controller for now, that things pretty sweet but can't comment on much else. I know Action! and I think Uraizen got a PS4 though, not sure who else did.

Hrm if I sell my xbox arcade I'll gave $400 in amazon credit still not enough though for an xbox one...
That's a good chunk of it though, is that the only 360 you have right now though? There's still so much I want to play on the PS3 and 360 that I wont be getting rid of them, but if there's not much you want to do then it might be worth it if you want to get in on that next-gen

pay close attention to the bestbuy trade in , gamestop trade in thread. some bragger is bound to post about some "flips", and take advantage of that. you will make rest of your $100+ to pay it off including in no time. i will post some of that info here.

I didn't get a PS4 at launch myself either, only got a controller for now, that things pretty sweet but can't comment on much else. I know Action! and I think Uraizen got a PS4 though, not sure who else did.

That's a good chunk of it though, is that the only 360 you have right now though? There's still so much I want to play on the PS3 and 360 that I wont be getting rid of them, but if there's not much you want to do then it might be worth it if you want to get in on that next-gen
Yeah this is my last one but getting a $100 for an arcade is still pretty tempting man.

pay close attention to the bestbuy trade in , gamestop trade in thread. some bragger is bound to post about some "flips", and take advantage of that. you will make rest of your $100+ to pay it off including in no time. i will post some of that info here.
I rarely flip shit until today

I could sell my PS3 I rarely use that thing I played the games I wanted to play MGS 4, demons souls, all of the GOW games. Ah well I got HW to do enough fantasizing

Man, I'm looking over my history online for my 360 before I get into the new systems, and there's just a lot of stuff! It's crazy seeing

All My Activity (591) and stuff like

Quake 4 LAST PLAYED 12/6/2005
Been a loooooooooong gen :p

I still think that Zeki liked it. Probably one of the most pleasured sounding "Oh"s that I've ever heard after getting a picture of my dick.

I'm just going to leave this here as a sort of "Thanks, Hank.":

timewarnerhatesme0hiey.png

My ISP probably now hates us both.

Good thing I copped that 3TB drive.  I'm not even 33% full yet. :rofl:

I decided to do all these old Sega fighters I bought a while back when they were on sale since they all have crazy easy achievements to get, and got to the last one in the new VF, which is play 10 matches online, I've been waiting forever and have gotten in 3 so far, 7 more is gonna take soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long :(

EDIT: 49 minutes later, at 4/10 instead of 3!

EDIT2: I fought that same guy 7 times in a row, got the cheevo. That guy had like over 5000 online matches played and was way better then me, I'm pretty sure he was holding back though since I did win a few rounds and actually won the last match because he switched to a different character (who I'm guessing he wasn't as good with then :p)

That's like my buddies and I drunkenly discovering DBZ Raging Blast and taking it online waaaay after it's prime. There was ONE guy there, just waiting. Super good at everything. I feel like we made his day by showing up and giving him someone to beat on.

I loved all 3 (skipped Judgement), and agree I probably had the most fun with 2. I didn't really play much of the competitive MP in any of them though. Played the shit out of Horde in Gears 2 though. Gears 3 I didn't play Horde nearly as much as I got the game, beat the campaign once, and then had that Xbox live hacking debacle that had me locked out of my account for 3 months. Pretty much all my friends were done with the game by the time I got the account back.

Anyway, where the games really shine IMO is local co-op. My best friend and I had many nights of "Gears and beers" playing through the campaigns in splitscreen. Especially the first two since we did those on Hardcore and Insanity--still the only games I've played through on the highest difficulty. I'd moved away by the time Gears 3 came out, we did play through it when he visited but ended up dropping in down to normal for the last quarter or so of the game as we were running out of time.

I also agree that I had the most fun with Gears 2. Horde in that game was fucking great. One of the best games I played with purple haired girl.

You don't need GAF in your life.

We can make this page a small piece of GAF.

LTTP: 999 (This thread is different from the five others posted this week).

Xbox One I OT I Kinect Do My Laundry

Major Nelson

Sonic 2006 Review Thread

PSA: Video Game Consoles play Games.

bread's done
Back