GGT 285 Has The Best Launch Titles Next Gen

Careful, Scrote. Name dropping that one riles up the casuals.
You mean name dropping Monster Hunter and getting casuals like Whoknows riled up cuz they can't handle any game with any sort of difficulty in it whatsoever or name dropping Rayman Legends and getting casuals like GUNNM Dawg all hawt and bothered cuz they got banned from their 360 for it?

You mean name dropping Monster Hunter and getting casuals like Whoknows riled up cuz they can't handle any game with any sort of difficulty in it whatsoever or name dropping Rayman Legends and getting casuals like GUNNM Dawg all hawt and bothered cuz they got banned from their 360 for it?
Yes.

Untitled.jpg

BZU94K1CQAIWeEq.jpg

I'm super excited for 3D World.  Galaxy 2 was one of my favorite games ever, so I've been waiting for another top-tier Mario game since then.  

Traded in Knack and used the credit to cover Zelda as well as take a chunk off of Mario. Friday can't come soon enough.
I really want to play both, but will have to hold off for a while. Money is tight from a bunch if big expenses the last few months (engagement ring, tires, a couple trips, furniture for new house, moving truck rental in a couple weeks etc).

Oh well. I've also got more than enough to play on PS3, Wii U and 3DS already anyway.

I really want to play both, but will have to hold off for a while. Money is tight from a bunch if big expenses the last few months (engagement ring, tires, a couple trips, furniture for new house, moving truck rental in a couple weeks etc).

Oh well. I've also got more than enough to play on PS3, Wii U and 3DS already anyway.
I feel you on all of those fronts. We're putting away for the wedding next year too. I've been lucky enough to be able to cover most of these games with trades and promos, but I could still be saving a bit more responsibly.

At any rate, I'm convinced 2013 is one of the best years gaming has seen so far. It's the right time to build a backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accidentally responded to this in the prior GGT before realizing I was in the wrong thread. Figured I'd just move it over here. :D

Yeah, I'd add Dreamcast to that list with Soul Calibur, but most launch lineups just seem to be there so you have something to buy with the system. Definitely not something you can use as a basis for whether a system is worth getting in the long run.
Yeah, the DC probably had the best launch line up ever. Of course it had been out in Japan for around a year by the time the US launch happened, so they had a years worth of games they could bring over.

Otherwise console launches tend to be pretty sparse and just generally not worth it IMO. You pay the highest price the console will ever be, usually have to buy games at full price (Target B2G1 helped this time though), and have the highest risk of getting faulty hardware. All to play 1-2 great games and then suffer a drought.

Depends what for. I'm letting my Xbox Live lapse this month, but I'd prolly grab it for PS3 at some point. I miss the shit out of that game.
I'm getting it for PS3. It'll be fun to finally have a use for my stick since I haven't played fighting games in so long.

fuckk that $20 shit. I loved 2 as well its a shame

voldo player fah lyfe
Well, PS+ in the UK got a promo price for it, so I'm hoping we will too. If so, I'll probably grab it sooner rather than later. I'm all about Nightmare and Spawn.

I'm super excited for 3D World. Galaxy 2 was one of my favorite games ever, so I've been waiting for another top-tier Mario game since then.
Me too. I think the kids and I will have a blast with it. We like Luigi Bros, but I think it's too difficult for us to play co-op. In hindsight, I probably should've gone with regular NSMB U, but I couldn't resist the limited edition challenge mode version of the game. :p

I want to pick up SC2 HD, but I'm not sure anyone will play it with me. Anyone else getting it?
Nope. Too expensive for what it is. Besides it will go PS+ eventually.

I used to play this at the arcade it had none of the special characters. I could never beat this girl I think she used ivy. My cousin had the gamecube version with link. I was always envious of that. I'm assuming Link or Heiachi aren't in this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I pick up Far Cry 3 and MGR (yeah, I sold my copy while I could still get a lot for it) for $20 or pick up SC2 HD for the same price tomorrow?

bread's done
Back