GGT 347 Will Still Be Around When Batman v Superman Comes Out

Avengers 2 was good.

They did a lot of things I didn't expect, like making Ultron funny. Seriously, he had some really, really funny lines. The stuff with Thor's hammer was well done and while most questions I had going in were answered as the movie went on, I did have more questions after the movie was finished. Questions such as:

After introducing Mockingbird in Agents of Shield, why did you use Hawkeye's Ultimate series family? Is this foreshadowing that they're all going to be murdered and he becomes a super emo dark hero version of Bullseye?

There's more Ultimate undertones running through this, especially with Wanda and Pietro. Does that mean they're in an incestuous relationship like in the Ultimate U?

War Machine has been punked in two movies now, is he a part of the Avengers now to redeem him or is this just so that they can have someone that is clearly a weak link in the team?

After teasing Baron Wolfgang von Strucker at the end of Winter Soldier, why the hell did you kill him off screen in Avengers 2? Captain America is in relatively short supply of memorable enemies and killing off one of them just seems like a really curious thing to do.

Why were the parts shot with Winter Soldier and Loki cut out of the final film? They never said what Loki's part was so it could have been a part of Thor's vision, but Winter Soldier's part was actually supposed to be happening in reality so I want to know what we missed out on.

Quicksilver's sacrifice felt odd because they didn't explain exactly the reason that he wasn't fast enough. From everything else they showed in the movie he should have easily been fast enough to dodge the QuinJet rounds, but he didn't. Is he not fast enough? Was he just too tired after spending so much time constantly using his powers?

Why did you not take three seconds to explain Vision's powers? There were so many people in the theater asking how he was killing the Ultron drones and I think I only heard two or three people explain that he had phase powers "like that chick from X-Men."

Did the Vision not actually kill Ultron and instead send his consciousness into space? Are we moving towards an Annihilation Conquest set of movies since Marvel can't use Annihilus?

Why did we get the really halfhearted bit with Thanos deciding to go after the Infinity gems himself? His delivery sounded like he was in the middle of the laziest Sunday of all.

Was Hawkeye, Widow, and Hulk only focused on because they won't have their own movies at all/anymore?

Why did Tony stop using J.A.R.V.I.S. when Vision pointed out that he was a totally different being than JARVIS? Just don't feel like hearing a similar voice, Tony?

Why the fuck did Tony go from an OS with a super clean and understandable British accent to one with a semi hard to understand Irish one? There were parts where she was very easily understood, but there were other parts where F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s accent was too thick and people around me asking what she was saying.

Why were Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver constantly going in and out of their accents? I realize that they're both not really fake German, but why did they continually segue in and out of them randomly? Scarlet Witch especially got really bad towards the end of the movie.

Why did Marvel not bother calling Pietro Quicksilver? Fox tried extending good will towards Marvel by not calling him Quicksilver in their movie and using the Americanized Peter instead of Pietro, so it just seems like a slap in the face that he's not called Quicksilver in this at all. It can't be that they didn't want him to be that connected to the character, because they could have gone all the way and just not had his last name be Maximoff.

How did the Avengers work so well together in that opening fight sequence? They mention in everyone's movie that they haven't seen each other since the Invasion (except for Thor 2 where an extended scene says that Thor and Cap hang out). Has everyone just been thinking really hard about how they can do really cool stuff when they see each other again if they get into a fight?

That stuff with Tony causing a ton of destruction to the world/killing the Avengers and how Steve was against him was super parallel to the stuff that is happening with Time Runs Out in the comics right now. I know that they're teasing Iron Man and Cap fighting for Civil War, but I also am beginning to think that  they're actually teasing something bigger happening later... Like a major world crisis like Time Runs Out where reality gets rewritten so they can reboot and make an easier to use movie universe. Then again, I could easily be wrong. I did read Avengers #44 right before watching it.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I have other things that I can nitpick. The Hulkbuster scene was better than I expected. The suit showed a lot of design quirks of Banner and I didn't really expect that going in. It worked. I liked the Invaders/Avengers thing, btw. I really, really liked it. I really loved the movie.

I didn't really care for it. It really felt like they took the first one and just added more mind control and more avengers arguing and getting along again. 

Some of the CGI was really bad when they were fighting, especially at the beginning it was really obvious no one was actually on screen.

Soundtrack was awful too.

Weird scene at the end where
Thor fell into the water after the city exploded and then nothing really happened with that. Also felt like they killed Quicksilver for no reason

Yeah, the soundtrack really wasn't something I liked. I could tell this was one of those things where Joss Whedon didn't like doing it as much..

Also, I think that
they're using Quicksilver's death as something that will make Wanda nuts in the fourth movie.

I don't think it's lacking in ideas as much as all of Joss Whedon's ideas are the same. I love the guy, but he's like Edgar Wright in that you can really see his fingerprints on the things he is involved in.

Well he reused all of his ideas from the first Avengers. I can't think of anything that's really different from the first one. They're pretty much follow the exact same structure.

Also the romance between Black Widow and Hulk was really bad. Really really bad.

She's such a rebel getting those piercings and hiding them for so long.

If only her mom knew what kind of shenanigans she was into.

More like "My mom wouldn't give me attention over my nipple piercings so I hope my twitter followers will"
She was probably surprised she was just randomly telling her stuff, like did it come up in regular conversation?

"Oh Leda did you want to go to a movie tonight ?"

"MY NIPPLES ARE PIERCED!!!"

"So... is that yes or a no?"

Glad Joss Whedon is out. He seemed to be lacking in ideas.
I don't think it's lacking in ideas as much as all of Joss Whedon's ideas are the same. I love the guy, but he's like Edgar Wright in that you can really see his fingerprints on the things he is involved in.
Joss Whedon is just so overrated, period. His dialog is great, but his stories are pretty crap. Sort of the opposite of JJ Abrams, who is also overrated. The two of them should work on a movie together and maybe it would be the best thing ever.
But probably not.

Going to see Avengers 2 tonight. Already bought the candy I'm gonna sneak in...

She was probably surprised she was just randomly telling her stuff, like did it come up in regular conversation?

"Oh Leda did you want to go to a movie tonight ?"

"MY NIPPLES ARE PIERCED!!!"

"So... is that yes or a no?"
I like to think it came across while Leda was trying really hard to seduce her mom into an incestuous relationship.

I really enjoyed avengers

it seemed different enough than the first movie with the multiple enemies

It was wierd how everyone in Black widows fear spoke Russian and she spoke perfect english?

The romance between bruce and Natasha was very strange considering how they made it seem her and clint were in love with each other?

Clints family made me think they were going to kill him or something at the end.

Like Joel said Ultron had a lot of comedic moments which was unexpected especially since Tony is the joking one and ultron hated Tony. If that makes sense.

I like to think it came across while Leda was trying really hard to seduce her mom into an incestuous relationship.
Who is going to write this fan fiction?

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck I so want to buy shovel knight but I bought both resident evils and have yet to finish them hell I haven't even started revelations 2

ugh work sucks

Hahaha... I watched a video of it after having completed the Kratos level on my Vita and I gotta say, I'm much happier with what I got.
Just watched the Kratos one, I definitely prefer the battletoads, it's like 2 mini levels + a pure boss fight and you can replay the tunnel/race part whenever you want, plus having armor that lets you run and bash is awesome. The Kratos one just seems like a multi-part boss fight (albeit a good fight), the Battletoads also is more fitting to this type of game I feel and makes me excited for the return of the toads

Someone is just upset they didn't play it on Vita aka the superior platform.
Hahaha.

That race section just looked like equal parts boring and annoying... I mean, I get what they were going for, cause everyone had problems with that race stage in the original NES game, but it just seems uninspired... at least that's the impression I got from watching it.

The Kratos "Chaos" Armor isn't so great because it changes your downward stab attack so it's a fiery drop that doesn't have the ability to adjust... I'm not sure how you'd play certain stages with it, to be honest. The 3 hit combo is cool tho.

Hahaha.

That race section just looked like equal parts boring and annoying... I mean, I get what they were going for, cause everyone had problems with that race stage in the original NES game, but it just seems uninspired... at least that's the impression I got from watching it.

The Kratos "Chaos" Armor isn't so great because it changes your downward stab attack so it's a fiery drop that doesn't have the ability to adjust... I'm not sure how you'd play certain stages with it, to be honest. The 3 hit combo is cool tho.
Honestly that's what I like about it, it's like a whole stage from Battletoads instead of just a fight. You start on the going down on a rope section, then the speeder, and then end with the boss fight. And you can replay the speeder area for 200 gold and it gets way harder the second time through, like it was originally.

The Battletoads armor does the same thing with the downward stab where it is automatically charged, and then it lets you use melee attacks that are in the style of the toads, the big thing for it is the ability to sprint/rush attack since this lets you go faster and the attack has some invincibility frames so you can just ram right through certain enemies now. That combo attack for the Kratos armor does look pretty cool though, watched a part of a stage played with it on.

Oh man, just found a secret in the Battletoads area, this pun

"Face to face with the Battletoads! What a RARE opportunity! "

There were a few more as well :D 

It's TMNT with the difficulty cranked up due to bad design.

I'm bad at a lot of things, but I'm not bad at spotting shit games.

Ehhh I'd disagree, it has some pretty good aspects to it as well, and it's still beatable so it's not a bad level of difficulty. Plus it has an amazing OST

Non-Swollen-Feet-Atlanta-Podiatry.jpg

WHAT

there's a new Refused album coming out in June?

Indignate, I rely on you to keep me up to date on this shit. You dropped the fucking ball, dawg.

Ended up landing a gig for the summer after only a day of looking for jobs, so that's cool

I smoked hella weed today and went to the beach and ended up blowing a shit of cash on Japanese food, so today was cool

Also had one of my friends from school ask me if I'm renting out my spare bedroom, so I'm currently tiding up my place, so I could have a roommate starting tomorrow (and more cash to save up and blow on the stock market someday)

bread's done
Back