GGT #35 vs the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='icebeast']Fixed. Trust me, if you think that stuff was bad fan fiction just imagine some sort of horrible Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon, Star Wars mash-up. For instance something like this.[/QUOTE]

Gross.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I honestly don't get how sooooo many people had problems with that section.[/QUOTE]
Because it was broken... even the developers admitted that.

The star destroyer part was my least favorite part of that game because it was completely broken. It took several tries before I figured out that what the game was telling you to do was different from what you actually had to do.

Hey, no spoilers--I'm still playing TFU.

Well, sort of. I actually played more ACII last night. Along with some SP.

Anybody going or already saw the movie? I'd like to, but I think we're going to see Expendables this weekend instead...

I need to see Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables. Might go see one, theater hop to the other. Like being in high school again. :bouncy:

Funny how movies are so hit or miss for me, yet they put two I want to see out on the same day.

[quote name='gunm']Hey, no spoilers--I'm still playing TFU.

Well, sort of. I actually played more ACII last night. Along with some SP.

Anybody going or already saw the movie? I'd like to, but I think we're going to see Expendables this weekend instead...[/QUOTE]

I plan to see the movie some time since I'm a huge fan of both the Scott Pilgrim comics and Edgar Wright. Sorry you have to see Expendables, that looks pretty terrible to me...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Because it was broken... even the developers admitted that.[/QUOTE]

Then the developers were convinced of bullshit by fans who were coddled and babied by the latest generation of hand-holding and autosaves.

I did that shit on Sith Master, and it wasn't an issue. There was harder sections in the game, for certain.

[quote name='ihadFG']I plan to see the movie some time since I'm a huge fan of both the Scott Pilgrim comics and Edgar Wright. Sorry you have to see Expendables, that looks pretty terrible to me...[/QUOTE]

Did someone already revoke your man card? If they haven't already, hand it in buddy.

Movie with every conceivable action-film star ever with guns and explosions and you DON'T want to see it?! Yup, hand in your man card.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Then the developers were convinced of bullshit by fans who were coddled and babied by the latest generation of hand-holding and autosaves.

I did that shit on Sith Master, and it wasn't an issue. There was harder sections in the game, for certain.[/QUOTE]

It's not hard, it just takes a while to figure out how to position the Star Destroyer correctly because the analog stick prompts are different than where the Star Destroyer is. So you have to get familiar with how you are suppose to point the ship. It's still broken though... if even you are a "badass sith master"

[quote name='ihadFG']The star destroyer part was my least favorite part of that game because it was completely broken. It took several tries before I figured out that what the game was telling you to do was different from what you actually had to do.[/QUOTE]

They told you what to do? I just went by everything visually.

[quote name='distgfx']They told you what to do? I just went by everything visually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, once I decided to ignore the on-screen button prompts and just do it visually I completed it just fine.

Yeah, they did a really poor job with the button prompts in that section.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to do what I'm told by the game.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']It's not hard, it just takes a while to figure out how to position the Star Destroyer correctly because the analog stick prompts are different than where the Star Destroyer is. So you have to get familiar with how you are suppose to point the ship. It's still broken though... if even you are a "badass sith master"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the prompt sucks. But I found it pretty intuitive. If you're using the force for most of the rest of the game, you should have an idea of how the developers probably would've intended you to use it on the star destroyer.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Movie with every conceivable action-film star ever with guns and explosions and you DON'T want to see it?! Yup, hand in your man card.[/QUOTE]

Nail, meet head! Yup, I don't care about story or drama or any of that shit--this movie is just about seeing old school action stars (and some new ones) kick people in the ass and blow their shit up.

I'm surprised there isn't some f-grade video game tie in, actually.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, once I decided to ignore the on-screen button prompts and just do it visually I completed it just fine.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I must of not really been paying attention. All I could concentrate on was killing the tie fighters and ripping that fucker out of the sky. That was the only time I listened, when they told me to tear it out of the sky.

I feel like I've really fucked up Heavy Rain.
I took the Coward door earlier, Ethan is locked up in the police department, Lauren seems to have drowned, Shelby just went on a massive shootout....bad stuff.

I'm not sure how much of that was actually changable, though.

Also, I wanna kick Cahtah Blake in the face.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hope that Monday Night Combat's community lasts longer than other original multiplayer XBLA games that die after a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

It is unfortunately a unique and colorful 3rd person shooter that requires teamwork and offers a good variety of playstyles and objectives.

Which means that the bro' demographic will probably play it for a week, if that. But if TF2 on 360 has shown anything it's that there's a smaller group that does enjoy these deeper multiplayer games. I think it'll be fine.

We're better off without the bros anyway. Let them go play Modern Shooter 2010.

Saw scott pilgrim today, it was pretty funny, but went on about 15 min too long. Could have been snappier near the end.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']glad deus ex (how the hell do you properly pronounce this?) looks good.[/QUOTE]

It's day-us-ex

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']glad deus ex (how the hell do you properly pronounce this?) looks good.[/QUOTE]

Jesus fucking Christ, ReRo. Stop being an artsy girl for ten minutes and take an English class.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I feel like I've really fucked up Heavy Rain.
I took the Coward door earlier, Ethan is locked up in the police department, Lauren seems to have drowned, Shelby just went on a massive shootout....bad stuff.

I'm not sure how much of that was actually changable, though.

Also, I wanna kick Cahtah Blake in the face.[/QUOTE]

All the things you mentioned could have been different except for
The Shelby shootout. Although you still have 2 choices at the end of it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I thought it was pronounced "Day-yoos Ex?"[/QUOTE]

The main thing to note is the word deus is two syllables. For anyone who needs clarification on what it rhymes with, click the link:

Deus Ex (abbreviated DX and pronounced /ˌdeɪ.əs ˈɛks/

[quote name='heavyd853']Its this. Geeze havent you fools ever played xenogears?[/QUOTE]

No. :cool:

But I was kidding when I mentioned my interpretation of its pronunciation at least.

[quote name='distgfx']Deuce X?[/QUOTE]

That's how I always pronounced it, but I knew I was wrong.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Jesus fucking Christ, ReRo. Stop being an artsy girl for ten minutes and take an English class.[/QUOTE]

Is it even an english word?

thx for the clear up though... never felt right about how I said it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']That's how I always pronounced it, but I knew I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

I was just making fun of it to annoy people.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']It's an extremely common phrase (deus ex machina) that you should have heard in high school english.[/QUOTE]

If you knew where I took highschool, they never used that word.

Major Heavy Rain spoilers.

WHAT THE fuck?
Shelby is the Origami Killer? Then why was he investigating in the first place? How did he kill Manfred when he walked in the room and Manfred was dead, but in this flashback he killed him? What did Gordie have to do with anything? What? WHAT?

I just passed the cutscene where Jayden figures out that
the killer is a cop
and then
Shelby
burns his things.

WTF? They better explain all this.

Klei greatly underestimated the demand for free stuff when they set the challenge to get 1500 fans on Facebook to get them to release the Shank soundtrack for free, which was done a week ago and the OST still won't be out until next week.

Okay, just finished Heavy Rain. I'm so confused.

1. So why did Ethan keep waking up with Origami figures in his hand?
2. Why was Shelby investigating at all if he was the killer?
3. WTFTANKS
4. What did Gordi Kramer have to do with anything? Why was his father leaving flowers at John's gave? Why was Scott so obsessed with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 3 Medals on Rumble in the Jungle in Batman. When I exploit the glitch for the Extreme version of this map, I think I'm going to make sure I'm within 5,000 points of the goal instead of 12,000 like I was for this one. It took me roughly 20 minutes to finally reach the 30,000 point threshold. 8/24 Medals overall now. 16 until Platinum, if I dare.

Before last night, I had 2 Medals (Medical Facility). Tonight, I have 8 (3 on MF, 2 on SBE and 3 on Rumble in the Jungle). It's not like I can get all 24 thanks to this glitch, only 6 of them. It's because those 2 rooms are unique to all the other Combat Challenge rooms. It's a rather simple glitch, but a very time consuming one.

Because of Medical Facility, I never tried the other rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back