GGT 356 is Almost as Bad as Toriyama's Art

It'll make me play it more yeah, but I would have bought season 3 either way, so they would have had my money. This just makes me more excited for it though.
This is logic I can get behind at least. Considering the circumstances, his inclusion shouldn't cause future problems. I trust they'll make him fun to play as like Rash.

Lego Star Wars looks HYPE. Going to blow fuckin' Avengers away.
I have like so many LEGO games in my backlog still, I wont be buying any of these until I are like $5-10 like I have been with the other recent ones. I enjoy them but there are so many and now when I beat one I just don't want to play another for a while since even though they have been adding and changing things, the core gameplay/levels are still essentially the same.

oJiAugP.png

Joel, these bastards have yet to give me a code. They did add Raiden to the beta, though. I was able to react to high-low mixups and anti-air. It's a god damned miracle they've pulled this off. They can just keep reusing and optimizing this for... well... pretty much every future fighter they make.

Either way, we should be able to have games as good as the ones we have in KI now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joel, these bastards have yet to give me a code. They did add Raiden to the beta, though. I was able to react to high-low mixups and anti-air. It's a god damned miracle they've pulled this off. They can just keep reusing and optimizing this for... well... pretty much every future fighter they make.

Either way, we should be able to have games as good as the ones we have in KI now.
I'm glad you're liking the beta! I'm amazed they've been able to make the netcode so good. I never thought they would be able to do something that ambitious without GGPO. I really hope that since they put so much work into it that it's utilized in Injustice 2. I really want to see it do well whenever it drops.

Should I pick up SFV day one? I wasn't expecting it, but I got a late birthday gift and can get a game. Not really much is interesting me right now, so I thought that would seem like the most likely candidate.

I'm glad you're liking the beta! I'm amazed they've been able to make the netcode so good. I never thought they would be able to do something that ambitious without GGPO. I really hope that since they put so much work into it that it's utilized in Injustice 2. I really want to see it do well whenever it drops.

Should I pick up SFV day one? I wasn't expecting it, but I got a late birthday gift and can get a game. Not really much is interesting me right now, so I thought that would seem like the most likely candidate.
There's no way this won't be used in Injustice 2. Hell, the original netcode for this was Injustice's which was MK9's. GGPO is becoming a buzz term at this point for good rollback netcode, I think. Either way, hope to see more companies move in this direction. Just without fucking over a portion of their fanbase.

I've already bought SFV, so you can get it if you want. It might not be a bad idea for you to pick it up if you want to improve your overall fundamentals. The netcode for it is good as well.

There's no way this won't be used in Injustice 2. Hell, the original netcode for this was Injustice's which was MK9's. GGPO is becoming a buzz term at this point for good rollback netcode, I think. Either way, hope to see more companies move in this direction. Just without fucking over a portion of their fanbase.

I've already bought SFV, so you can get it if you want. It might not be a bad idea for you to pick it up if you want to improve your overall fundamentals. The netcode for it is good as well.
Yeah, I'll definitely get SFV, just not sure about when to. Probably close to release, though. I still really hope Q will be in! I'd love to get a GGT night going on for it!

I'mma try to main Mika.

But then you won't be able to use the mod that replaces all your guns with dogs.

Also, the use of the acronym "CTD" greatly predates the phenomenon of people unironically identifying themselves as what was originally a throw-away insult in a Yahtzee video.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then you won't be able to use the mod that replaces all your guns with dogs.

Also, the use of the acronym "CTD" greatly predates the phenomenon of people unironically identifying themselves as what was originally a throw-away insult in a Yahtzee video.
I remember when Yahtzee videos were a thing. Are they still a thing? Its been so very long since I've been forced to watch one.

I did just watch The Last Witch Hunter this afternoon. Hell of a lot better than Yahtzee videos. I mean, its no Babylon AD, but its not bad.

I think Yahtzee had a meltdown a while ago and was thinking about suicide or something.

Then again, it could just be that I got him confused with another british video game guy that isn't Jim Sterling.

I played some of Phantom Pain on Xbone last night. Shit is surprisingly broken.

That'd be news to me but I don't exactly follow Yahtzee/British video game personality news all that closely. Sterling's pretty alright. His stuff's kinda repetitive. I get why it's repetitive, but it still wears on you, you know?

I remember when Yahtzee videos were a thing. Are they still a thing? Its been so very long since I've been forced to watch one.
Probably. I don't think the Escapist has anything else to draw views these days.

I always liked his Darksiders review, at any rate. "I am a monster truck that walks like a man," was a good line.

That'd be news to me but I don't exactly follow Yahtzee/British video game personality news all that closely. Sterling's pretty alright. His stuff's kinda repetitive. I get why it's repetitive, but it still wears on you, you know?

Probably. I don't think the Escapist has anything else to draw views these days.

I always liked his Darksiders review, at any rate. "I am a monster truck that walks like a man," was a good line.
I got him mixed up with Total Biscuit. That's the British gaming guy that thought about killing himself. He has Cancer too, though. So that was probably part of the equation.

The GGT always comes back to Darksiders.
It really does. I still want another sequel to it. Fantastic series.

Is this the part where Frosty shows up and we talk about it? I miss those golden days.

Maaaaan, Phantom Pain on Xbone is a lot worse. I keep running into enemy spawn glitches. It sucks, but I'm working around it pretty well. I'm pretty sure it won't be bothering me as much around 30 hours in. Also, did this game have challenges originally? I realized last night that there was like, a whole set of challenges with rewards and I collected like 20 of them, and then realized I never knew that was a thing before. If that's on PS4 too, I must have nearly 100 to collect.

I doubt I will be playing them anytime soon, but I just bought both MUA games since they're on sale on XBL for $10 each and include the delisted DLC. It's funny, because I actually already had the DLC for 2, but no game and I already had the disc for 1, but no DLC. 

Here's hoping it goes backwards compatible!

Playing Halo 5 and Battlefront back to back really makes it obvious how barebones Battlefront is. Like, it's insane. If it wasn't for me getting Battlefront on sale and playing it so much, I would seriously feel bad about my purchase.

Maaan, it's dead enough in here to be renamed the GJT. The General Joeling Thread.

What are you currently Joeling and what are the current Joel events going on?

So yeah, that new BvS trailer was hype.

Is everyone moving over to VGFaces? If so, you guys should add me. You know me. Just Joel.

In fact, I think I'm the only Joel around over there.

It's nice to be the first.

Always tighter.

Whatever that means.

WOOOOO! Let's get ready for SFV!

Thanks for keeping the GGT alive. Indignate appreciates it.

Also I'm in for BvS. I get to see it a week early #nobigdeal

Also John Wick 2 will be best movie of 2016.

Thanks for keeping the GGT alive. Indignate appreciates it.

Also I'm in for BvS. I get to see it a week early #nobigdeal

Also John Wick 2 will be best movie of 2016.
I miss Indigodawg. He was a prince.

Whaaat? How do you get to see it early?

I still need to see John Wick 1. I skipped it for a while due to what I knew was a sad scene.

bread's done
Back