GGT #40: Gizmo's Great Adventure

I'm pretty sure there are only four games I'm interested in for the rest of the year:

DJ Hero 2 (which I'll probably wait for a price drop)
Birth by Sleep
Dead Rising 2
Tekaichi Tag Team (guilty pleasure)

Which is nice, because I still have a lot of games from 2010 I haven't gotten:

BlazBlue CT
Green Day RB
Mario & Luigi 3
Persona 3 Portable
Alan Wake
Bayonetta

Man, today was a total lag-fest in AdHoc Party for me. Worst Dissidia matches I've ever played.

I am fairly certain that I will be purchasing Castle Crashers tomorrow.

I may not need to buy anything for the rest of the year. Castlevania looks trashy and the gameplay footage I saw of Enslaved was a big let down -- both games have "RENT ME" smeared all over them.

Perhaps Civilization 5 and Gran Turismo 5, but I'm honestly content passing on SC2 and continuing to rock out on SSF4 and Persona 3 Portable until the glorious year of 2011 comes around.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, I'm seriously wanting to preorder DR2 but am afraid it will drop in price quickly.[/QUOTE]

I bet it will. Because I'm not buying it.

Ugh, I just wasted a whole playthrough of Case Zero because despite talking to Bob at the start, I didn't talk to him the one extra time to make him start giving missions. >_> Oh well, got to see the F Ending at least.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Ugh, I just wasted a whole playthrough of Case Zero because despite talking to Bob at the start, I didn't talk to him the one extra time to make him start giving missions. >_> Oh well, got to see the F Ending at least.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to talk to bob until he asks you to save his daughter after 7pm.

I kept waiting for him to call me to tell me about survivors, and he didn't so I supposed Jason+Archie and any others hadn't showed up yet. After getting all the bike parts thinking that would make him start, I went up to talk to him and finally go the tutorial screen about missions. So he told me about the handlebars, I got them, went back, he told me about his daughter, and then I ran out of time talking to her.

I went ahead and got 100% item collection on Other M for the second time (third playthrough overall) in 6:07:14. I think I'll just resort to playing the ending from now on to try and get a record on that, although I'm confident I have that already.

I'm thinking about going back and getting the rest of the points in Dragon Age, Sam and Max: Beyond time and space and Shadow Complex. Most of them are easy to get it'll just take some time... especially Dragon Age. I'll need to get Return to Ostagar(Wish I grab it on sale) and the new DLC.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There was a good six month or so period before the IGN idiots took over where it was a great podcast with Ryan Scott and Anthony Gallegos.[/QUOTE]
That sucks to hear. They were the reason I planned to check it out. Guess I'll just stick to Geekbox and RebelFM.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, I'm seriously wanting to preorder DR2 but am afraid it will drop in price quickly.[/QUOTE]
What gives you that feeling?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']

What gives you that feeling?[/QUOTE] Don't know. I had the same feeling about Lost Planet 2, though.

-----
I'm seriously thinking about going to GS today and picking up one of the Tekken 6 stick bundles they have for $60. I've been wanting an arcade stick that size for a long ass time and I can't really find one that's that size for less than $40.

PAX has been tight so far. The Duke Nukem forever booth was hilarious.

MVC3 is fun, as long as you forget all of your muscle memory from playing 2 because of the control change and the general floatiness and strange properties of the system (you cant cancel a dash with normals......unless you're crouching)

TERA seemed pretty neat, but all the demos I saw were all in the starting area and pretty vanilla looking, except for the combat which looks great.

Infamous 2 looks crazy in a good way, and their whole display booth setup was pretty elaborate and cool.

I didnt really catch most of the super big games, like halo and gears 3 (looks 100% more the same, at least from just watching the few minutes of a demo multiplayer match, not a bad thing I suppose), I also didnt feel like waiting in line for 2 hours to play dragon age II, because the first game was definitely not wait in line for hours good.

Reading about PAX Prime makes PAX East seem really shitty in comparison. This weekend MS brought Halo: R, GoW3, a bunch of Kinect stuff, and the new controller. At PAX East they just brought Crackdown 2 :whee:

[quote name='pete5883']Reading about PAX Prime makes PAX East seem really shitty in comparison. This weekend MS brought Halo: R, GoW3, a bunch of Kinect stuff, and the new controller. At PAX East they just brought Crackdown 2 :whee:[/QUOTE]

But it's like 6 months later or something...
And none of that is exciting except maybe GoW3, if they aren't fucking it up.

The more I play Case Zero, the more I worry about Dead Rising 2

I don't trust that the survivors will be as smart or 'protected' in DR2. I dread that the survivors will join and promptly shove their heads up their asses and walk into the biggest zombie groups.

I don;t trust that there will be enough save points.

Basically I don't trust DR2 to correct the flaws from DR1, even though they're mitigated in Case0

[quote name='pete5883']Reading about PAX Prime makes PAX East seem really shitty in comparison. This weekend MS brought Halo: R, GoW3, a bunch of Kinect stuff, and the new controller. At PAX East they just brought Crackdown 2 :whee:[/QUOTE]

A lot of the publishers slept on pax east since last year was the first year and the demand was unknown.

After selling out so quickly and seeing the huge numbers those publishers will most certainly be back in force next year. They're actually getting a much bigger venue for boston next year too.

I actually sort of liked how east was smaller last year. Shorter lines, were able to see most everything without huge waiting. Next year is going to be like seattle with tons more people and bigger lines, I bet. There also wasn't much coming out in a month or two back in may for microsoft.

I think next year pax east is going to be much more of an E3 feeling with fall 2011 games being shown in earlier forms.

[quote name='manthing']The more I play Case Zero, the more I worry about Dead Rising 2

I don't trust that the survivors will be as smart or 'protected' in DR2. I dread that the survivors will join and promptly shove their heads up their asses and walk into the biggest zombie groups.

I don;t trust that there will be enough save points.

Basically I don't trust DR2 to correct the flaws from DR1, even though they're mitigated in Case0[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. I think the case 0 setup brings out the best parts of the Dead Rising type gameplay. Having a small concise "Scene" like this makes players more likely to replay the "scene" like the devs intend. Whereas in a full game, there isn't as much attention to each area, and players don't want to restart 4 hours into the game.

I think capcom could benefit greatly from releasing 2-3 smaller "cases" like this for Dead Rising. It would also let them introduce new weapons, combos, psychos etc.

I dont know why im tempted to check out Other M with Halo around the corner and the terrible story elements along with shoddy controls.

Maybe Ill rent it.

Who in the GGT is getting Reach?

Finished CD2 today. Toybox items are fun. Thrusters pretty much break the platforming though. Last mission was a bitch.

reach pre-ordered for release date delivery. Was thinking about doing the midnight launch thing but f it i'm gonna have it delivered.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pfft, Reach.

I'm not getting it.
No seriously, I'm not getting it.
[/QUOTE]

The only way I'm getting it is if someone gives it to me for free. And even then, I'd probably just sell it or give it away. :lol:

--

I'm hopping on Gears 2 for some more 25x XP. If anyone sees me on and wants to group up, I'm aiming to hit level 50. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was Halo game I'd maybe consider pre-ordering, it would probably be Halo Reach, but there are more interesting games I'll be getting instead this month.

[quote name='pete5883']Reading about PAX Prime makes PAX East seem really shitty in comparison.[/QUOTE]
PAX East was fun. The people who are complaining need to give PAX East a few years to grow.

I'll be getting Reach... and Dead Rising 2.

hmm... my only class on Friday is cancelled this week, so I guess I have a three day week. Rad. I'm going to play through Metroid Other M f'sho on Thursday.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cool. Gearbox is going to release a free update for everyone that raises the level cap to 69 around the time of the GOTY release.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'm anxiously awaiting the GOTY edition.

Went to a newphew's b-day party most of the day, so I played a lot of DQIX while I was there. Is it just me, or do kids seem dumber these days?

Rented Metroid.

At first I was like lol i can't see, then the power came on and i was ok.

Adam said Im allowed to pee, so Im happy with that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I'm hopping on Gears 2 for some more 25x XP. If anyone sees me on and wants to group up, I'm aiming to hit level 50. :)[/QUOTE]

I hit level 50 last night playing Horde--then realized you had to have the map packs to get the achievement!

D'oh! Oh well, had a lot of fun, and will play some more in a bit. Hate the competitive modes, but Horde is a lot of fun.

I should probably try out the Firefight modes in Halo ODST as well--though may just wait for Reach to get into that.

[quote name='friskytanuki']cool. Gearbox is going to release a free update for everyone that raises the level cap to 69 around the time of the goty release.[/quote]
this is the best thing ever.

bread's done
Back