GGT #42 loves Miku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castlevania needs to be on DS because it won't be 2D otherwise. Sony's so anti-2D that it'd never happen on there unless it was a download title. Wii might work but it wouldn't be the right audience.

Castlevannia does not need to be on DS. If Sony is so anti-2d why are there good first party 2d psp games, or all the downloadable psn 2d games?
Im just sayin.

Castlevannia is a game that does not need to come on a disc.

Actually, I might agree that Aria is better than Dawn. But minimally so. They're both far better than any other Castlevania out there.

That said, if we could get an HD 2.5D console Castlevania, maybe even a return to the level-based ones, I'd be all over that.

The two N64 3D Castlevanias both sucked IMHO, but are there other 3D Castlevanias? If they did a 3D one now, they should take some notes from other games like God of War. However, [SIZE=-1] Koji Igarashi has stated that he is more a fan of 2D over 3D.

But yeah, I agree that a 2D console Castlevania would be the best way to go. On XBL or PSN preferably.

But I still woudn't mind seeing a 3D Castlevania if it was done right, just to bring something new to the series. I think its gotten a bit stale as of late. The games are good, but really, they are all basically just 2D platforming and swinging a whip (or sword, or whatever). I wouldn't mind seeing something a bit different.
[/SIZE]

the MGS2 ending was totally tits--one of the best endings in a game to what surprisingly turned out to be a pretty awesome story, even if it was kooky in a lot of ways. Except I'm going to ignore all the "go out and live" messages and start Subsistence now. :)

Hmm. Searched for "Ecclesia" and discovered this:

Ecclesia: a term derived from the Greek root ekklesia, which literally means a "gathering" of citizens, in an ancient Greek city-state, or a "called out assembly"; usually defined as "gathering of the called out ones" or “gathering of those summoned"
Maybe a Castlevania MMO? Yeah, I doubt it too.

So for anyone who has played both Disgaea games, is it necceesary to have played the first one to understand what's going on in Disgaea 2?

[quote name='motorkill']So for anyone who has played both Disgaea games, is it necceesary to have played the first one to understand what's going on in Disgaea 2?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not necessary. It's just nice to see people from the first game and you'll appreciate them a bit more.

[quote name='InuFaye']Castlevannia does not need to be on DS. If Sony is so anti-2d why are there good first party 2d psp games, or all the downloadable psn 2d games?
Im just sayin.

Castlevannia is a game that does not need to come on a disc.[/QUOTE]Sony being anti-2D is a huge myth. If they were, there would not be Disgaea 3 on PS3 stateside. And there are plenty of 2D PSP games also. They only time they DID have a grudge against 2D games were when PS1 first came out (because they were trying to push it as a 3D graphic console, and not a machine with SNES graphics adding loading times) and they didn't want SNK releasing their dated graphics at full price (If they did a compilation or released them at budget price, they were okay, just that SNK didn't want to do that).

Yeah, I want Casetlevania on PSP, but I doubt it since I remember hearing a new DS Castlevania was coming.
[quote name='tiredfornow']why are you putting two n's in castlevania? ;)

i agree though, castlevania needs to be in 2d on a console. NEEDS to.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked LoI A LOT. But I wasn't into Curse of Darkness though.

[quote name='Krymner']Hmm. Searched for "Ecclesia" and discovered this:

Maybe a Castlevania MMO? Yeah, I doubt it too.[/quote]"Ecclesia" is the Greek word used in the New Testament for "church." My inital thought was just another name to continue to have a Gothic feel with stained glass and semi-religious themes going on in the game.

Oh hai MGS: Essentials! I shall play a PS1 game on my PS3 now. This ought to go well.

all I play is Crisis Core.

this game sucks! there's an actual game but all you do is play missions!

the missions arent even fun! why am I keep on playing them?!?!?!

lol

I'd imagine that the Ecclesia will have something to do with like some crazy church order that wants to revive dracula, or turn someone in to dracua. I'm just wondering where they're gonna fit it in the timeline.l

man, after playing MGS3, i really think they should remake MG1 and 2. it would give a real closure to the series if 4 truly is the last one.

MGS3 spoilers:
especially for big boss. i mean he just seems like some evil guy building metal gears to take over the world. it'd be nice to make him feel not so evil. unless of course, MGS4 actually all clears that up but... i dunno. there'd probably be some ridiculous explanation like how IT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT TO TAKE OUT THE PATRIOTS.

[quote name='kainzero']man, after playing MGS3, i really think they should remake MG1 and 2. it would give a real closure to the series if 4 truly is the last one.

MGS3 spoilers:
especially for big boss. i mean he just seems like some evil guy building metal gears to take over the world. it'd be nice to make him feel not so evil. unless of course, MGS4 actually all clears that up but... i dunno. there'd probably be some ridiculous explanation like how IT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT TO TAKE OUT THE PATRIOTS.
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, honestly. MG1 and 2 really are pretty damn archaic, and you don't get anywhere near the story that you should... I'd like to see those remade after MGS4 is done....

NOT in the style of Portable Ops though.

[quote name='MarkMan']Fixed. I should do the same -_-[/QUOTE]

Dammit, you spoiled the surprise!

Now repent by buying stuff. Help fund my new audio equipment.

As a matter of fact...

I don't.

There. That's how I felt when you spoiled my surprise trade list and revealed it wasn't as cool as it coulda been.

On a side note, I preordered my speakers so this shit's happenin' f'realz.

I would buy something if you had Suikoden III, V, or Xenosaga Episode 1, or Nocturne.

I don't see them.

You aint getting my $$$$.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']after MM's quote, I gladly clap in your direction.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a lotta shit I knew I wanted to get rid of. I thinned that shit out, but it's not like I've only got 20 games or something like that... it's still at like 180 or so.

at least you're making the cut. I hate guys who just keep shit even if they don't like it much.

at least 80% of my collection is stuff I truly want to keep and like. I know i've said it before but I routinely clean my collection out when I get the time.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at least you're making the cut. I hate guys who just keep shit even if they don't like it much.[/quote]

Don't hate me RR :(

I'm chillin' like a villain then ;/ gaining BOO URNS from the crowd...

For every game I think about selling, I buy 3 more.

WTF?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at least you're making the cut. I hate guys who just keep shit even if they don't like it much.

at least 80% of my collection is stuff I truly want to keep and like. I know i've said it before but I routinely clean my collection out when I get the time.[/QUOTE]

I think all the stuff I've got is stuff I definitely want to keep. The borderline stuff was stuff like the Metal Gear Acid games and Trigger Heart, but I figured "eh, fuck it." I do that a lot.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']something tells me you think the same way when importing asian child labor.[/QUOTE]

I import an asian child and think "eh, I should fuck it." You're absolutely right.

[quote name='Chacrana']I was thinking the same thing, honestly. MG1 and 2 really are pretty damn archaic, and you don't get anywhere near the story that you should... I'd like to see those remade after MGS4 is done....

NOT in the style of Portable Ops though.[/quote]
yeah, the story could definitely be so much different.
i mean in MGS when you meet a boss they have all this rich history and when you kill them everyone starts crying and being all emo.

but in metal gear, you meet a boss and he's like

I AM SHOT GUNNER

and then you fight!

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Hey Chac just wondering but what speakers are you buying? I remember you talking about the price but never what speakers.[/QUOTE]

Tis' a secret. I'll reveal along with pictures of the new and improved "Chac's Ultimate Computer Setup." It's guaranteed to make you cry!

Rated R.

[quote name='InuFaye']Anyone play mythos in here?[/QUOTE]

no. first I heard of it was on the 1up show.

I am very anti MMO ATM so I'll probably never touch it.

Since I got the projector now I think it's time to upgrade my audio part. Chac (or anyone else) do you have experience with Klipsch speakers (going to guess so since you posted that link above)? Can't decided if the RF-62s will be enough for fronts or if I should keep saving and grab the RF-82s. Going for fronts right now and get the center and surrounds/rears in the summer.

So these are real speakers that have to go through a receiver we're talking about now?

Klipsch is not even a consideration!

What's yuor price range, and what do you want to get with it (as in, new receiver? 5.1? 2.1?, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back