GGT #42 loves Miku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now keeping my onkyo 605 but can only go for the fronts right now (budget is 800 with shipping). I wanted to go fronts now and then center/rears this summer like I said before. Hoping to do atleast 5.1 (need a new sub also which thinking of the MFW-150 or the eD A7S-450).

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Right now keeping my onkyo 605 but can only go for the fronts right now (budget is 800 with shipping). I wanted to go fronts now and then center/rears this summer like I said before. Hoping to do atleast 5.1 (need a new sub also which thinking of the MFW-150 or the eD A7S-450).[/QUOTE]

800 for just the fronts? Oh, and how big is the room?

Yeah 800. Seems a bit low but all I can push. (sold the lcd I had for $1,200 and need to keep back atleast 400. My job atm is only funding gas to drive to class everyday so hard to save up. That is why I mention this summer as I'll have a full time job and can save)

Room is 14x10 (l,w).

I think the Axioms are a better choice as far as price-performance ratios go... it's well within his price range, and he's not operating on an infinite budget, so this gives him some spare change to throw at the homeless or invest in other stuff. The sub must be SVS, though. The MFW15 is supposed to be good, but I'd still rather take a PB-12 over that.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']lol seemed small but been on avs a lot lately and well that seems tiny compared to some of the systems people have there.[/QUOTE]

Because they're nerds and have nothing else to live for.

[quote name='Chacrana']Because they're nerds and have nothing else to live for.[/quote]

This is true.

I am off to a Shakespeare play because I am just that classy and refined.

I'm gonna read more of Le Comte de Monte Cristo. Because I can't afford tickets to a play, except at my school... and they suck!

Lol the PB-12 did look like a nice sub. I think I'll go with those M22 v2s. I've seen the Axiom site before but forgot about it. Thanks for pointing me to it again.

Inu, I'll be going 5.1 this summer as I can afford the additional stuff (center and rears).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Mana Khemia is good, but still not as good as Ar Tonelico.[/quote]

I like it too. It is weird, in a good way.

Last night only got in some HSG, but that's koo 'cause that game is fun.

Will probably be doing more HSG and MGS the rest of this weekend, and maybe some NG DS.

Played a bit of Soul Nomad earlier, getting a little more into it. But then I packed up all my games and movies in prep for the move next month. Just kept out Soul Nomad, Power Pros, NG DS, and Daigasso. Those in addition to my April purchases should keep me busy for the rest of the month.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Mana Khemia is good, but still not as good as Ar Tonelico.[/QUOTE]

agreed

cant wait to get ahold of Chac's copy of Berserk for ps2. hope it doesnt have stains on it.:puke:

I went back to Book Off in SD tonight and I got Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 for $20 and Strikers 1945 i & II for $7!!! YAY! (OH CRAP, it came with a bonus DVD from Taito!)

[quote name='botticus']Played a bit of Soul Nomad earlier, getting a little more into it. But then I packed up all my games and movies in prep for the move next month. Just kept out Soul Nomad, Power Pros, NG DS, and Daigasso. Those in addition to my April purchases should keep me busy for the rest of the month.[/quote]
I couldn't get into Soul Nomad at all. I played it for a few hours but both the gameplay and story seemed pretty slow...

I'm sad that the PC version of RSV2 isn't out till April 15th. Not sure whether or not I'll wait till I get my new sound stuff to play that... it's a Tom Clancy game though, so the sound design should be good enough to justify waiting...

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm sad that the PC version of RSV2 isn't out till April 15th. Not sure whether or not I'll wait till I get my new sound stuff to play that... it's a Tom Clancy game though, so the sound design should be good enough to justify waiting...[/quote]

Hopefully they fix all the little glitches for the PC version. The sound will randomly cut out nad the textures load well into the level. It is funny. It really wouldn't be Rainbow Six with out these little annoyances.

Inu, if you want that Shinra case you have to PM me your info.

Played a lot of Mana Khemia, some Hot Shots Golf, finished some missions in Crisis Core, Rock Band, and played the Bouncer (yes the Bouncer. I've owned it for years now, and hadn't played it yet...).

So another thing I collect are martial arts movies... I almost have every single movie with Jackie Chan in it... Been a big fan of him since I was younger.

Just watched My Lucky Stars tonight... Had a cameo from Bolo :)

Now someone repost that Bolo gif so we can all be happy.

NES.

Played some more MVP '05. Damn fine baseball sim.

About to head out to see the Braves whup up on the Mets. Hopefully it won't get rained out. I'm kinda disappointed cause Glavin was supposed to pitch but he swapped with Smoltz. I was really looking forward to seeing Glavin face down his old team.

[quote name='kainzero']I couldn't get into Soul Nomad at all. I played it for a few hours but both the gameplay and story seemed pretty slow...[/quote]Quite honestly it has not really sucked me in yet, and I'm not getting myself into the gameplay nearly as deeply as is possible - just looking at an FAQ for one section talks about buying decors, setting up specific room types, etc for each battle. I just have my same two rooms and go.

I don't NOT enjoy it, it's now a matter of how long I will play it before deciding I really like it or not.

I beat Metal Gear Solid 3 this morning
best ending to a game I've ever seen
. I picked up the Metal Gear Saga Vol.2 DVD last week, so I'm prepared for the beta.

Now all I have to do is go back and beat Metal Gear Solid 2.

Picked up Rock Band and a 1600 point card today! Problem is I don't have my 360 back yet.. :bomb: Should be here this week as it shipped out thursday.

Ordering the M22s tomorrow also along with the VP150 center.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']
Ordering the M22s tomorrow also along with the VP150 center.[/QUOTE]

I congratulate you on your good choices.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Ewww, why is Taylor Swift constructed entirely of terrible.[/quote]
Huh? I've only heard "Teardrops on My Guitar" but I think she's cute so I approve of her.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Ewww, why is Taylor Swift constructed entirely of terrible.[/quote]

Lies.
Blonde Hair+Curly= Win.
taylor_swift.jpg

Guitar Hero: American Idol Edition.

And... I still don't know if I like Soul Nomad. How very odd. Problem is I don't know if that sort of reaction means I should sell it or keep playing. I think I just find myself really wanting to like it but a lot of stuff is just not clicking. Maybe I'll browse through the guide later, try to pick up some of the other mechanics I was messing around with unsuccessfully this evening.

Apparently I had unlocked a whole bunch of songs in Daigasso last I played it, so much more to do there.

And I'm glad I hadn't bought another light gun before Ghost Squad. Both RE: UC and HotD pale in comparison as pick-up-and-play games. I'm not terribly good, but it's fun and quick.

Anyone else a fan of HK cinema? Storm Riders II is now in production... Kwok and Cheng are back, and Nicholas Tse joins the cast as does Charlene Choi...

Hope it's good!

*rips off arm*

So, I'm getting a huge No More Heroes vibe from Metal Gear Solid. Is that normal?

I can't figure out if the game is trying to be massively dramatic and pushing it to the point of lunacy, or if it's trying to just be completely bizarre and make fun of overly serious military-esque plots.

"How did you keep him out of your mind?"
"I had surgical brain implants."
Oh, of course...

Revolver is done. Regardless of the answer to above questions, I'm really enjoying it thus far. Just might try to get through this whole set before MGS4 hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back