GGT #42 loves Miku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm glad I hadn't bought another light gun before Ghost Squad. Both RE: UC and HotD pale in comparison as pick-up-and-play games. I'm not terribly good, but it's fun and quick.

Anyone else a fan of HK cinema? Storm Riders II is now in production... Kwok and Cheng are back, and Nicholas Tse joins the cast as does Charlene Choi...

Hope it's good!

*rips off arm*

So, I'm getting a huge No More Heroes vibe from Metal Gear Solid. Is that normal?

I can't figure out if the game is trying to be massively dramatic and pushing it to the point of lunacy, or if it's trying to just be completely bizarre and make fun of overly serious military-esque plots.

"How did you keep him out of your mind?"
"I had surgical brain implants."
Oh, of course...

Revolver is done. Regardless of the answer to above questions, I'm really enjoying it thus far. Just might try to get through this whole set before MGS4 hits.

[quote name='daroga']So, I'm getting a huge No More Heroes vibe from Metal Gear Solid. Is that normal?

I can't figure out if the game is trying to be massively dramatic and pushing it to the point of lunacy, or if it's trying to just be completely bizarre and make fun of overly serious military-esque plots.

"How did you keep him out of your mind?"
"I had surgical brain implants."
Oh, of course...

Revolver is done. Regardless of the answer to above questions, I'm really enjoying it thus far. Just might try to get through this whole set before MGS4 hits.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Wait till you get to MGS2...the story is in shreds until the last 2 or 3 hours, when it ties everything together.

Yeah, it's serious, though it pokes fun of itself every once in a while. Somehow the story is completely awful, but awesome at the same time, yet not in that "so bad it's good" kind of way. You'll feel sympathy for the characters, but then you'll laugh at the all insane crap like the random heart attacks just when they're about to tell you that one super-important thing!

The other cool (?) thing is that most of all the weird stuff is explained, leaving only a couple of loose ends towards the end of the game. It just depends on how much you want to suspend your disbelief for a bunch of ridiculously quirky scenes--like an anime show.

[quote name='botticus']And I'm glad I hadn't bought another light gun before Ghost Squad. Both RE: UC and HotD pale in comparison as pick-up-and-play games. I'm not terribly good, but it's fun and quick.[/quote]

Not sure about HoD 2/3 'cause I haven't picked it up yet, but I do love me some Ghost Squad. Liked it better than RE:UC at least. I'll probably get HoD 2/3 whenever it hits $20. Really, all Wii games should be $20 or less IMO.

Edit: Chac if you ended up seeing The Departed first already (like I did), not sure it'd be worth seeing Internal Affairs unless you really love HK cinema/actors. In hindsight, I should've seen Internal Affairs instead of The Departed, but s'ok. I like Scorsese.

I liked RE:UC more then Ghost Squad, but im kind of a crazy RE fanboy.

So take that for what you will.

I also agree on the 20 dollar wii game thing.

I hate remakes.

I remember when Steven Totillo(sp?) said on 1up Yours that he wanted more remakes.
That was the last time I ever took something he said seriously.

RE: UC is more of a game, but GS is very much what I think of when I think of a Light Gun game. If RE: UC had been actually programmed to take advantage of the Zapper rather than it just being something that got in the way of having any fun, that would've helped it too.

So MGS isn't a big farce? I think I might consider it to be that throughout, though. ;)

Well-priced remakes/ports are ok by me. I've got no issue with companies trying to make another buck on the best of the best. RE4 on the Wii and the MGS collection are great examples with great price points. They should never be over $30 either. (Okami, I'm looking at you.)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with that.

anyone play the horrible elevator missions wii game :lol:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fTR7jBJAqNw[/media]

So, I'm not too bright (never claimed to be anything else). Is there a way to set the PS3 so that when you play a PS1 game the default is analog mode for the controller, not digital?

omg this video is just TOO GOOD!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5tM_U5VVw[/media]

these guys are sum fuckin pro gamers n shyt,

for reals... get your skillz up.

I've barely gamed at all this past week, for a change. Mostly just Crisis Core and Brawl.

However, last night I came back to my fifty+ hour file on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Bought it at launch and still haven't finished it. It's going to replace Fire Emblem as my late-night before-bed gaming .

it's only sad becoz u didnt take it like a man!

be a man! take it like a man!! dont be sad!

you're only sad coz u got pwned you noob!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee.[/quote]

I've had coffee that was soooo smooth, no after taste. Not all coffee is like what you describe.

[quote name='gunm']I've had coffee that was soooo smooth, no after taste. Not all coffee is like what you describe.[/QUOTE]
Then it wasn't real coffee! Coffee as bitter as the truth, and as strong as justice!

drink Cafe con Leche... that's the only stuff I touch.

if any of you damned "americans" come down to miami, make it a point to have cuban coffee. Your world literally will be smashed in terms of what you thought coffee was. It's too much for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']drink Cafe con Leche... that's the only stuff I touch.

if any of you damned "americans" come down to miami, make it a point to have cuban coffee. Your world literally will be smashed in terms of what you thought coffee was. It's too much for me.[/QUOTE]

Do they do that shit in W. Palm Beach? Coz I don't intend to go out of my way to Miami.

Japan has awesome coffee, no lie.Of course, they also have Starbucks, which is...overpriced.Anyway, it just depends on where you go.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if any of you damned "americans" come down to miami, make it a point to have cuban coffee. Your world literally will be smashed in terms of what you thought coffee was. It's too much for me.[/quote]

Sure, you buyin'? ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Do they do that shit in W. Palm Beach? Coz I don't intend to go out of my way to Miami.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in west palm I'm sure. Just find a cuban corner shop or restaurant and if they have an open window on the side of the place, most likely they'll have cuban coffee. It's super strong, but most of my friends from out of town instantly get hooked.

[quote name='gunm']Sure, you buyin'? ;)[/QUOTE]

Definitly. LMK if you're down here and I'll buy. It's so damn cheap.

My parents import this crazy strong espresso from italy, and I find it to be digusting.

Its so damn strong.

Is coffee a taste that grows on people, like vegetables?

I just don't understand how you can stand the taste of it.

[quote name='InuFaye']Is coffee a taste that grows on people, like vegetables?

I just don't understand how you can stand the taste of it.[/QUOTE]

if you don't take it black, then it's good with milk (ie. try Cafe con Lech)...

I hate it black... bleh.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hate it black... bleh.[/quote]
to that i say...

[quote name='JEKKI']it's only sad becoz u didnt take it like a man!

be a man! take it like a man!! dont be sad!

you're only sad coz u got pwned you noob![/quote]
hahah!

i drink tea, coffee with no sweeteners. i think it's the only way to really appreciate the flavor and distinction of each region. i'm a much bigger tea guy though, i don't really drink coffee.

i went to book off today and i don't know where markman is picking up all this nice stuff. i did pick up a CD i wanted (SOUL'd OUT singles collection for $7!) but i can't find any good gaming-related stuff. or hot idol chicks.

MM bought all the good stuff!

I went to other Book Offs and did see some nice used items, but never any decent game-related stuff. I will check out the SD one next time over there, if time allows.

Edit: since we're talking used game stuffs, I'm still kind of kicking myself for not looking up those kinds of shops in Tokyo. When I went several years ago, I hit up only more mainstream stores and depaato like Sofmap (which were really awesome, btw). Next time, though...

godot.png
?

[quote name='InuFaye']Is coffee a taste that grows on people, like vegetables?
[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's just an acquired taste, much like beer.

I didn't' care for either initially, now I love them both and the stronger the better!

got to work really early today and played about an hour of crisis core before clocking in. really neat game, actually... enjoying it a lot more than i thought i would.[quote name='InuFaye']Is coffee a taste that grows on people, like vegetables?

I just don't understand how you can stand the taste of it.[/quote]

veggies are amazing, son!

if your second statement applies to veggies... FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back