GGT #44: An in-depth analysis of Quantum Theory's narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGT done caught the gay

Sooo Dead Rising 2...still haven't gotten a shipping e-mail and Amazon lists it as "Shipping soon." Soooo I guess I'll just hope it arrives tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hankmecrankme']"blah blah blah I work on dumb ass shit a lot but don't get paid for any of it" - Chacrana[/QUOTE]

"blah blah blah I don't have any sort of job and don't get paid for it" - Hank

Enjoy eating my table scraps.

Lawyering sounds so boring

124923d1257553372-its-always-sunny-philadelphia-season-5-charlie.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Words are like daggers, bro. :cry:

Hopefully your ass will get taxed to hell so my 5 kids can eat.[/QUOTE]

I'll chop up your kids, feed them to you, frame you for the murder, and then send you to prison. How DARE you EVER wish taxes on me.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Which IPS did you get, dallow?[/QUOTE]
An eIPS of course, can't afford the higher end just yet.

Was going for the NEC model over the Viewsonic eIPS:
http://www.amazon.com/NEC-EA231WMI-BK-inch-1920X1080-1000/dp/B002LARVYK

But these 21.5" Dells U2211H (also a 23" one but I passed) were just so cheap, and the couple reviews were pretty good.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2211h.htm

They're $209 after coupon.

Slightly smaller for my limited desk space, pivots in every direction, and Displayport connection.

[quote name='seanr1221']Texting of the Bread = awesome.

I can't believe it took this long for a Typing of the Dead knockoff.[/QUOTE]

I'ma hafta check that out. I need better texting skills.

Was texting a girl the other day and somehow wrote "give you a call" wrong in a way that got autocorrected to "give you anal" :lol: Caught it before I sent it, luckily.

:lol:

I'm kind of disappointed in Game Center. It only has like, 100 games supported, with no easy way to search for all of them. With 50,000 + "games" on the iPhone you'd think a lot more developers would be on top of it.

Yeah, I have a ton of games saved on my phone from the last few years of having an iPhone, was going to delete them but decided to wait for GameCenter.

Almost none were updated.
I would have thought they'd be dying to patch their games.

What's your GC name?

I haven't set it up yet. I doubt I will since I only play Dodonpachi, ESPgaluda, Chaos Rings occasionally, Space Invaders occasionally, and Drop 7 rarely.

---
Beat Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light today. Took about 8 hours after really exploring each level. I was overpowered by the end of the game, so the last boss was easy. I think it's a pretty great game with just a few things that could be tightened up (like the graphics in level 3) to make it amazing. One of them was the collision detection. I was speed running the first level and the collision glitched out, preventing me from progressing quickly. It ruined my run. I would hate for that to happen at the end of a long, difficult level. Pretty much turned me off from speed runs in the game.

Also, the combat has a lot of great ideas, but it needs to be tougher.

Moved on to Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, which has the worst image quality I've ever seen in a game. But it's fun and the character models/story are so hilarious.

[quote name='ninja dog']i haven't set it up yet. I doubt i will since i only play dodonpachi, espgaluda, chaos rings occasionally, space invaders occasionally, and drop 7 rarely.

---
beat lara croft and the guardian of light today. Took about 8 hours after really exploring each level. I was overpowered by the end of the game, so the last boss was easy. I think it's a pretty great game with just a few things that could be tightened up (like the graphics in level 3) to make it amazing. One of them was the collision detection. I was speed running the first level and the collision glitched out, preventing me from progressing quickly. It ruined my run. I would hate for that to happen at the end of a long, difficult level. Pretty much turned me off from speed runs in the game.

Also, the combat has a lot of great ideas, but it needs to be tougher.

Moved on to mortal kombat shaolin monks, which has the worst image quality i've ever seen in a game. But it's fun and the character models/story are so hilarious.[/quote]
:)

[quote name='dallow']:)[/QUOTE]

I miss that commercial. I miss working a shit job that still gave me lots of disposable income because I was living with my folks, coming home without homework or deadlines, playing games without guilt, and watching some shitty G4 tech TV at 2am while drunk and half-asleep! stupid education.

[quote name='dallow']An eIPS of course, can't afford the higher end just yet.

Was going for the NEC model over the Viewsonic eIPS:
http://www.amazon.com/NEC-EA231WMI-BK-inch-1920X1080-1000/dp/B002LARVYK

But these 21.5" Dells U2211H (also a 23" one but I passed) were just so cheap, and the couple reviews were pretty good.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2211h.htm

They're $209 after coupon.

Slightly smaller for my limited desk space, pivots in every direction, and Displayport connection.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a pretty nice monitor. I want to step up from my current LG 21.6" TN panel LCD sometime, but I got other shit to buy first and limited funds.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'll chop up your kids, feed them to you, frame you for the murder, and then send you to prison. How DARE you EVER wish taxes on me.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sinister. I would expect nothing less from a law school student. Good thing I have Phoenix Wright on my case. You're fucked.

Turnabout Weeaboo.

[quote name='ninja dog']I miss that commercial. I miss working a shit job that still gave me lots of disposable income because I was living with my folks, coming home without homework or deadlines, playing games without guilt, and watching some shitty G4 tech TV at 2am while drunk and half-asleep! stupid education.[/QUOTE]

enjoy school while it lasts. Real life kind of sucks.

[quote name='Chacrana']possum is like 35. He shouldn't be in school.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to learn to speak japanese so i can go to akihabara

also if i do grad school and/or a phd, i'll be in school till i'm like 40 :lol:

Well in the meantime, send me your contracts outline. I'm probably doing a bad job. I'm sure yours is so KAWWWAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ^_~ KIIMMOOOCCCHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII o_0

I do contract outlines in like, my sleep.

Putting together a power point on a language transcription manual so under grads can help me code. Now that's no fun.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well in the meantime, send me your contracts outline. I'm probably doing a bad job. I'm sure yours is so KAWWWAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ^_~ KIIMMOOOCCCHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII o_0[/QUOTE]

I downloaded some online for that class. It's not good at all, but I could send it. My prof stuck to the restatements, other profs go by case rules. PM me if you want it.

Anyone played Nier? Looks like a good mindless beatemup with rpg elements, but kinda bashed for not being as good as Finaru Fantashi.

[quote name='seanr1221']I do contract outlines in like, my sleep.

Putting together a power point on a language transcription manual so under grads can help me code. Now that's no fun.[/QUOTE]

i'm writing a brief for a fake US Supreme Court that also has to be argued orally in front of a fake US supreme court and about 100 of my peers. SHIT SUCKS.

but after that, the class is over and I'll only have 3 left to worry about. So I can keep up on fall/winter gaming while still getting good grades...just like undergrad!

[quote name='ninja dog']Anyone played Nier? Looks like a good mindless beatemup with rpg elements, but kinda bashed for not being as good as Finaru Fantashi.[/QUOTE]
I like Nier, but then that's mostly because I feel it's a spiritual successor to Drakengard. I really enjoyed those games (the first far more than the second) and Nier captures the feel of those games even though it doesn't really play like them at all.

I say give it a shot. The combat is pretty fun and the story is VERY unique which is a rare thing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like Nier, but then that's mostly because I feel it's a spiritual successor to Drakengard. I really enjoyed those games (the first far more than the second) and Nier captures the feel of those games even though it doesn't really play like them at all.

I say give it a shot. The combat is pretty fun and the story is VERY unique which is a rare thing.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Vids make it look fun. I'm thinking it's a dead ringer for a cheap Black Friday game, so I'm hoping it'll be on sale then. Still $40 new at amazon...though I'd impulse buy a used copy for $20.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well you're a giant lizard no one cares[/QUOTE]

They care when I go stompin through their country

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']New Castlevania looks like it could be good but not 60 dollars good.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I got it for 40. ;)

Also, while it looks god of war, combat wise, it looks a bit zelda/darksiders in terms of exploration. I hope it turns out that I'm right about that... because that'd be awesome. It seemed like it when watching the developer walkthrough of a section of chapter 2 -- from the navi-esque "HEY! Listen!!" to the "I'm not powerful enough to get that hidden chest over there yet." Add in Castlevania setting/mythos and I was sold.

My DR2 shipped too... dallow, let's kill some zombies soon.

[quote name='dallow']Still no shipping notice. :(

But I've no doubt it will arrive tomorrow. :)[/QUOTE]

I won't have mine til later in the week, probably... I opted for free saver shipping, since I knew work was going to be a nightmare this week and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back