GGT #52 welcomes the glorious return of Clay Fighter on DSiware

I stopped playing Tekken when TTT launched on PS2.

Was just posting the video for people to see.
I didn't realize I had typed an extra "!" at the end though. hmm.

I miss Jun. :(

[quote name='dallow']I stopped playing Tekken when TTT launched on PS2.

Was just posting the video for people to see.
I didn't realize I had typed an extra "!" at the end though. hmm.

I miss Jun. :([/QUOTE]

Asuka is close enough.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This sounds good. DF had a feature on it where they said that the lag is down from 150ms to ~116ms in the beta. Compared to the fastest a locked 30fps shooter ever managed (100ms) and the fact they have time to make improvements, they were very positive about it.

Also good to hear about the classes, since the worst thing, for me, about KZ2 was slogging through levels to unlock classes. :([/QUOTE]
It's more that animations don't seem to be prioritized over controls now, as I was getting stealth killed when a teammate killed him to save me from death. There's also a good sense of speed to the movement that KZ2 didn't quite have.

I absolutely hate leveling systems in MP games that hide content from me that I may prefer over the introductory stuff, which is usually modes in most of the Activision multiplayer games (Blur, Call of Duty). I never understood why they'd offer TF2/BF-style classes but require playing a bunch of MP just to earn the right to be a medic.

They take a more MAG-like approach to MP unlocks in the sense that you get an unlock point for getting to the next level and each class has primary and second abilities and weapons that you can spend points on, so you can play as any class without being limited to upgrading just that class. I just got to the first level and unlocked an aura ability for my medic so that I regenerate health along with anyone near me that seems to be upgradeable for a larger area of effect. My revive ability can be upgraded to give them ammo, grenade, and other bonuses besides just life.

Tekken Tag 2 looks pretty cool. Seems really early in the development cycle still. Really hoping the Ogres make it back in.

Also, who all in here is picking up Black Ops Tuesday? I'm am picking it up on :360: at midnight tomorrow.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Tekken Tag 2 looks pretty cool. Seems really early in the development cycle still. Really hoping the Ogres make it back in.

Also, who all in here is picking up Black Ops Tuesday? I'm am picking it up on :360: at midnight tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Support Activision *and* Treyarch?

Sorry, I'm still laughing over MS claims that 360 is the "better platform" for CoD as well.

Black Ops looks pretty good. Not "Midnight Launch" good, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it. I'm itching for a decent new FPS, and Medal Honor is not it.

I'm getting Black OPs for the Triple.

I kinda want the Hardened edition for the Nazi Zombie maps. Can't decide if its worth it or not though.

[quote name='gunm']Black Ops looks pretty good. Not "Midnight Launch" good, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it. I'm itching for a decent new FPS, and Medal Honor is not it.[/QUOTE]

I may gamefly it or something for 360 over christmas so I can continue my tradition of completing single player on vet. But I don't know... Treyarch games bug me... W@W wasn't terrible in SP, but still...

[quote name='whoknows']I'm getting Black OPs for the Triple.

I kinda want the Hardened edition for the Nazi Zombie maps. Can't decide if its worth it or not though.[/QUOTE]

They'll sell them as DLC eventually. All games do.

Probably not worth the extra upfront, but that's my jaded opinion... free preorder bonus for regular edition, sure, order somewhere different for that... pay $20 extra for some maps you can get in a few weeks for $10? probably not worth it. not to me at least.

I hear the story in Black Ops is good (the VA cast is certainly impressive), and the graphics detail has been improved. The new vehicles are pretty interesting, although I'm hearing the controls for them might be questionable. I'm looking to get it for PS3.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

Support Activision *and* Treyarch?

Sorry, I'm still laughing over MS claims that 360 is the "better platform" for CoD as well.[/QUOTE]

As long as I enjoy the game that I am playing, I could absolutely care less who is putting it out or profiting from it. The 30 or so dollars that Activision stands to profit from my purchase certainly isn't going to put them over the top, anyway.

As for getting it on 360, I cannot play any sort of shooter on convex sticks. For whatever reason, it is nearly impossible for me to aim. Plus as I've said a million times, actually having a mic for the console and a ton of real life friends that will have it on 360 makes the decision easy.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']As long as I enjoy the game that I am playing, I could absolutely care less who is putting it out or profiting from it. The 30 or so dollars that Activision stands to profit from my purchase certainly isn't going to put them over the top, anyway.

As for getting it on 360, I cannot play any sort of shooter on convex sticks. For whatever reason, it is nearly impossible for me to aim. Plus as I've said a million times, actually having a mic for the console and a ton of real life friends that will have it on 360 makes the decision easy.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wasn't knocking your choice Jimbo. People should get the game, if they want it, for the system their friends are playing it on or the system which they prefer the controller for. Which is why I got MW2 for PS3 when it launched last year (IRL friends, controllers are a moot point to me, both are comfortable and have pros and cons).

However, the assertion of MS that it's somehow factually better on 360? That's what I find comical. MW2 was practically identical between the two consoles. And I doubt Treyarch's newest edition is going to step backwards in this regard.

[quote name='Chacrana']This how you spent your weekend?[/QUOTE]

That and chasing 18 year old chicks while downing Dew and T Bell by the fistfull, yeah.

[quote name='whoknows']Now I don't know if I want Black Ops on 360 or PS3. What say you people?[/QUOTE]

I will be on a ton on 360, and I'm sure seanr is getting it on 360 too.

I thought the "spawning" in MW2 was improved from MW, so that is a bad thing? Ehhhh, both MW and MW2 were great, so I don't give a shit what GAF thinks.

[quote name='Chacrana']I will only buy Tekken Tag 2 if it has a campaign mode.[/QUOTE]

I want Tekken Bowl mode.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm getting Black Ops on Wii and DS.[/QUOTE]

Psh, I'm getting it for supergun.

The only midnight launch I'm interested in is the midnight screening for Deathly Hallows.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']FPSes suck so I'll pass on CoD.[/QUOTE]
RespectKnuckles.gif

Those of you who bought MOVE, do you still find yourselves using it? What games are 'must haves'. I keep reading impressions of 'The Fight', despite looking kind of tacky, it looks like an awesome use of the tech.

Getting Black Ops with release day delivery from Amazang.

That SHOULD be it for me until Black Friday...

Unless I decide to jump on the Kmart NBA Jam deal.

Not using my Move.
But that's the same for just about anything I buy.

I would be using it if Amazon ever had stock of Time Crisis. They only had it in stock the day of release and it's been MIA ever since.

[quote name='seanr1221']Getting Black Ops with release day delivery from Amazang.

That SHOULD be it for me until Black Friday...
[/QUOTE]

Same. I want Dragon Age Ultimate, but will probably wait for a sale. Black Ops will keep me busy for a while, along with finishing the last couple of rank ups to get to Lt Col. In Halo: Reach to knock out that achievement (Major 1st grade currently, so have to rank up 3 more times).

Other than that, most of the fall games are things that will wait for Goozex (AC: Brotherhood, Fable 3) or Game of the Year Editions (Fallout New Vegas).

Can't decide between HTC Surround and Samsung Focus for the Win7 phone.

Surround has IMO a nicer design.
Focus is kinda ugly but better screen and easy to reach MicroSD slot.

bread's done
Back