GGT 67 wasn't invited to seanr's TWISTED 10 kegger Kinect New Year's Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
frost, What happened with Giantbomb?

[quote name='KingBroly']I also decided to download Valkyria Chronicles II off PSN. Second PSP game I've downloaded.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it on sale right now? I kind of wish I waited for it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Nintendo needs to get with the times and have legendary Pokemanz as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I kind of wish they would. I just can't be bothered to go to my local GS just to download a pokemon.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']frost, What happened with Giantbomb?
[/QUOTE]

Sometimes when I get bored, I go over to Giant Bomb and try to do their "achievement" quests. I had all but 1 achievement in a certain quest line and couldn't figure out the clue... so I googled it and it seemed it had something to do with creating a blog post. I was pretty sure I'd tried this before and figured "hell, I'll try again.".

I didn't quite notice the option that had something to do with making a thread about my blog post in off-topic... the achievement popped, I realized what happened and went into off topic to delete the thread. I though I had.

Next thing I know, my email is filling up with assholes telling me "you're a douchebag, this is going to get locked." "fucking noob." and god only knows what else.

[quote name='gunm']They should have a "Flame Resistant" achievement. ;)[/QUOTE]

In their defense, it was a retarded post. I didn't even realize I hit the "attach to forum" button at first... and thought I was blindly clicking "OK" or "confirm". :rofl:

Still... nice to see the community is full of giant trash-holes and muckaluckin' casseroles.

Found a copy of Mario Allstars in Toys R Us today. *points and laughs at people feeding the scalpers on ebay*

Just going to keep it since my original copy from Amazon wasn't in great shape.

Sooo started War For Cybertron today, on hard mode.

Ran out of ammo is a minute or two, proceeded to get my ass kicked by the damn autobots.

[quote name='diddy310']Found a copy of Mario Allstars in Toys R Us today. *points and laughs at people feeding the scalpers on ebay*

Just going to keep it since my original copy from Amazon wasn't in great shape.[/QUOTE]

Don't post in the thread in deal discussion. I said the profits weren't that great to me, and it ruined a lot of people's day.

Can't wait for people to sell that copy of Mario All Stars for $60 just to buy a tank of gas and be broke again. :bouncy:

$5 a gallon gas by November 2012, time to start hoarding that too. Flipping gas FTW!!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Stupid question -- when I see you guys playing "GGPO" on steam, what's the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

We're playing 3s online, that's what.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Space Marines have to be fuckING HUGE AND RIPPED TO SHIT. It's the law.[/QUOTE]
hugetychus.jpg

fuck. Yeah.

EDIT: Hey, I just got the symbolism.
The door symbolizes a vagina. Tychus is man. The suit of armour that waits behind the door and that he'll never be able to take off and that has a bomb built into it represents a vaguely funny and sort of sexist but entirely predictable joke about how much it sucks to be married because get it, you can't escape women just like he can't escape the armour and I'm not sexist anyway and also there's a bomb which is just like women.

[quote name='distgfx']We're playing 3s online, that's what.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I could totally get my ass whupped by you in that!

How do I install it? :p My fight stick should attach to my laptop -- but when I search steam for GGPO, I don't see it.

Is it totally separate? If so, why is it showing me that you're playing it in Steam notifications?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Can't wait for people to sell that copy of Mario All Stars for $60 just to buy a tank of gas and be broke again. :bouncy:

$5 a gallon gas by November 2012, time to start hoarding that too. Flipping gas FTW!![/QUOTE]

Military installations usually have it cheaper then the city places to. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, I could totally get my ass whupped by you in that!

How do I install it? :p My fight stick should attach to my laptop -- but when I search steam for GGPO, I don't see it.

Is it totally separate? If so, why is it showing me that you're playing it in Steam notifications?[/QUOTE]

It's separate. Go here. http://ggpo.net/ You'll need to get the
ROMS
and open ports for it to work.

You can add non Steam games to Steam, it's in the bottom left of your library screen. This just adds Steam notifications and the Steam messaging integration.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And what game is that? Gears 3?[/QUOTE]
In response to me? Nah, that's Starcraft 2.

It was not a particularly well written game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, I could totally get my ass whupped by you in that!

Is it totally separate? If so, why is it showing me that you're playing it in Steam notifications?[/QUOTE]

Totally separate, I added it as a third party application.

Go get this - http://ggpo.net/

Find the ROM and download it, the GGPO lobby will give you the specific file name in the introduction. The rest of it is self explanatory, after that you just setup your stick in the emulator itself and challenge somebody to play.

EDIT: fuckING HANK!

[quote name='The Crotch']In response to me? Nah, that's Starcraft 2.

It was not a particularly well written game.
[/QUOTE]

lol Yeah, I've only played the trial and I got that much out of it.

[quote name='distgfx']Totally separate, I added it as a third party application.

Go get this - http://ggpo.net/

Find the ROM and download it, the GGPO lobby will give you the specific file name in the introduction. The rest of it is self explanatory, after that you just setup your stick in the emulator itself and challenge somebody to play.

EDIT: fuckING HANK![/QUOTE]

Thanks -- I'll probably have to look into that sometime once I finally get a replacement PC/laptop.

What video game has good writing in it compared to other mediums?
If you said none, you'd be correct.

Honestly, games need to start telling stories visually instead of through audio and text.

Not when compared to other mediums though. Video game writing and its' storytelling are not even close to other mediums because they try to ripoff other mediums.

[quote name='gunm']RDR and ME1/2 had great writing IMO.[/QUOTE]

Writing as in "written lines of dialogue" or writing as in "general storytelling".

If the former, yes.
If the latter, yes with the exception of ME2.

[quote name='KingBroly']What video game has good writing in it compared to other mediums?
If you said none, you'd be correct.

Honestly, games need to start telling stories visually instead of through audio and text.[/QUOTE]

/me hugs Planescape Torment.

It's okay, honey. He don't know you like I do.

[quote name='The Crotch']
hugetychus.jpg

fuck. Yeah.

EDIT: Hey, I just got the symbolism.
The door symbolizes a vagina. Tychus is man. The suit of armour that waits behind the door and that he'll never be able to take off and that has a bomb built into it represents a vaguely funny and sort of sexist but entirely predictable joke about how much it sucks to be married because get it, you can't escape women just like he can't escape the armour and I'm not sexist anyway and also there's a bomb which is just like women.
[/QUOTE]

I still cant believe
they killed off the best new character in Starcraft

[quote name='BlueScrote']I still cant believe
they killed off the best new character in Starcraft
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, the other new characters kinda sucked. Hanson, Tosh (both of whom die depending on how you play things), and Nova were irrelevant. The news guys were horribly, horribly corny. That leaves us, uh... a few protoss. And Valerian Mengsk.

Don't worry, they'll die soon enough.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']My gaming time has once again dwindled. Stupid college.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I've been doing schoolwork all day. This sucks.

Edit: fuck, no more schoolwork today. Just wanna play Red Dead and argue with my fiancee.

Double Edit: HAHAHAHA, giving my sister's number out to weird men is fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Double Edit: HAHAHAHA, giving my sister's number out to weird men is fun.[/QUOTE]
Is she hot? Pics? I'm weird, gimme. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Is she hot? Pics? I'm weird, gimme. :drool:[/QUOTE]
She looks like a man, man! I actually don't keep pictures of any of my family.

Edit: Wtf, I gave one of her old boyfriends her number and he calls her begging to live with us because his mom doesn't believe in him. $$$.

The horse riding in AssBros is awful, at least compared to RDR. Still fun though. I'm gonna miss blowing up Leonardo's machines.

[quote name='KingBroly']Not when compared to other mediums though. Video game writing and its' storytelling are not even close to other mediums because they try to ripoff other mediums.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War and CallaDoody disagree.

:nottalking:

[quote name='KingBroly']Not when compared to other mediums though. Video game writing and its' storytelling are not even close to other mediums because they try to ripoff other mediums.[/QUOTE]
Gamer-Blu-ray-Cover-Art.jpg

[quote name='gunm']Does she have a beard like hank? :cool:[/QUOTE]
Not that I know of, only Hank can grow a beard such as his. It is a gift from God.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']She looks like a man, man! I actually don't keep pictures of any of my family.

Edit: Wtf, I gave one of her old boyfriends her number and he calls her begging to live with us because his mom doesn't believe in him. $$$.[/QUOTE]
:cry: and lol @ old boyfriend.
[quote name='gunm']Does she have a beard like hank? :cool:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Not that I know of, only Hank can grow a beard such as his. It is a gift from God.[/QUOTE]
QFT. Besides, she probably has my beard beaten with her massive 70's style bush, assuming she doesn't keep it trimmed.

I'm back in New York again, I played a little Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on the plane but then I started reading manga (Hayate the Combat Butler) and also used my Kindle to read The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy and didn't play anymore games for either of my two flights.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']7200 RPM is fine in a PS3.

If I was pure ballah, I'd have an SSD in mine.[/QUOTE]

There was some bs about people saying the RPMs don't matter since PS3 wasn't designed to take advantage of them, it's the larger cache that matters. But then there's the people that say the extra heat from faster driver RPM can't be dissipated... so I thought I'd check.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There was some bs about people saying the RPMs don't matter since PS3 wasn't designed to take advantage of them, it's the larger cache that matters. But then there's the people that say the extra heat from faster driver RPM can't be dissipated... so I thought I'd check.[/QUOTE]

Most 7200 RPM 2.5" HDDs now don't give off as much heat as they used to. Of course, YMMV on that.

I wouldn't toss a 10,000 RPM HDD in there. :hot:

I'd keep it quiet and cool. 5400 is what I used in my last 3 ps3 upgrades. (currently 500gb)
7200 won't really help anyway, bigger cache is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back