GGT#74 has edged its soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody want The Chronicles Of Riddick on HD-DVD? You can have it for like, super dirt cheap if you pay the $3 for shipping. So like, $5 shipped probably?
EDIT: Oh, and its sealed.

Anybody else want Eyeshield 21 vol.19. I bought an extra copy by accident. Incredible series. That can be $5 shipped too (because shipping is like $3-4).[/quote]

I might be interested in that eyeshield.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Word.[/quote]
Sweet.
Oh, and I watched Charlie Bartlett tonight. Pretty solid movie.
I'm going to Futurama myself to sleep.
Night.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Superbad is good but Knocked up is much better.

Which reminds me I need to find a case for it...I forgot to send it back to BB after I cancelled my online thing and they charged me for it along with Clerks.[/quote]

No way. Knocked up was funny, but Superbad was better. McLovin=better than Knocked Up. 40 Year Old Virgin as good, if not better than Superbad.

NES.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What do you consider completion in GW2? I mean with SSHD, you at least can "finish" planets... in GW2, there's no end ever, except in deadline.[/quote]Pretty much when I get sick of playing it... or set some arbitrary score goals, like my million score goal for GW1, which I'm pretty sure I never got to. Because I'm terrible. But at least it's still fun.

Anyone enjoying Madden 09? I'm 1/2 thinking about getting it as the demo seems to hint at a better control scheme than what they had before (I've not really played Madden since, probably, 06 or so). But, I don't want to spend more than $40 on it so I'll probably just hang tight for a bit.

The last Madden I played for more than 5 minutes was Madden '02, because I got it free with my Gamecube. ;)

Sold it for $5.50 months later to GS thanks to an extra $5 trade in deal. That was before they started excluding sports games. ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The last Madden I played for more than 5 minutes was Madden '02, because I got it free with my Gamecube. ;)

Sold it for $5.50 months later to GS thanks to an extra $5 trade in deal. That was before they started excluding sports games. ;)[/quote]

Can't imagine why they'd stop doing that.:)

[quote name='StarKnightX']Can't imagine why they'd stop doing that.:)[/QUOTE]

I dumped so much shit on them that they'll never sell during those days. :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I dumped so much shit on them that they'll never sell during those days. :)[/QUOTE]

If that's the trade in deal I'm thinking of, then they also accepted demo discs as well.

[quote name='suko_32']If that's the trade in deal I'm thinking of, then they also accepted demo discs as well.[/QUOTE]
It was. :cool:
[quote name='nyprimus4']Superbad > 40 Year Old Virgin > Knocked Up

All three are still quality flicks though.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']WTF? Why would you even use the d-pad? the analog works perfectly....[/quote]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Also, way to wait until my B&R-titled GGT ends to discuss the movie, nutbunches.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It was. :cool:

Seconded.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I loved it as well :twisted:

Also, going to swing by Best Buy tomorrow and see if the Premium Edition of SCIV really is $59.99 like a CAG said.

DarthPuma if you play on 360 TF2 we're playing right now with a few of my clan mates, we always have good teams/games!!

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is Tales of Vesperia going to be what Eternal Sonata should have been?[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by that, but I think ToV is going to be pretty bad ass. I am almost all paid off on it.

Should I sell my old copy of Rhapsody? I don't know. I like the sound track and the case. I am getting the DS port, but I don't know what to do with my old copy. I guess I could always play through it again and again on my Triple. I forgot that thing actually plays games!

I'll bit on ToV when it's, like, 30 bones.

Wow, after spending the last few days watching Prison Break on DVD, I'm hittin' up dat TWEWY tomorrow.

Peace out GGT.

[quote name='Kendal']I don't know what you mean by that, but I think ToV is going to be pretty bad ass. I am almost all paid off on it.

Should I sell my old copy of Rhapsody? I don't know. I like the sound track and the case. I am getting the DS port, but I don't know what to do with my old copy. I guess I could always play through it again and again on my Triple. I forgot that thing actually plays games![/QUOTE]
I'm keeping my old copy of Rhapsody.

I found a way to access Hulu in Canada so my gaming has been neglected. I am so rusty at SCIV. But I played some online ranked matches tonight, and I won a couple.

Question GGT... Why preorder when there are no bonuses?

[quote name='refusedchaos']me and distgfx are getting are asses handed to us in Doom (Nightmare mode)....anyone wanna join?[/quote]

Aww, looks like no one had Doom or wanted to play with us :cry:

Oh well, fun stuff anyway.

Well, got my new ds today, gamestop didn't really have much of anything for used ds titles (atleast ones I didn't already have) so I guess I'll just be holding out until rhapsody comes out at the end of next month. Got platinum on it's way towards me next month as well anyways.

so I want one of these famicom girls...

medium_2773266656_674451e86e_o.jpg

Back from my vacation. Whoo...too tired to game. :p But had a great time with the family. My kids really enjoyed the pools and lagoon at Hilton Waikoloa.

What'd I miss gaming-wise?

just beat BCR... damn such a well made remake. Plus the ending was way more violent than the original even though that's saying much... really took me by surprise.

[quote name='daroga']Pretty much when I get sick of playing it... or set some arbitrary score goals, like my million score goal for GW1, which I'm pretty sure I never got to. Because I'm terrible. But at least it's still fun.

Anyone enjoying Madden 09? I'm 1/2 thinking about getting it as the demo seems to hint at a better control scheme than what they had before (I've not really played Madden since, probably, 06 or so). But, I don't want to spend more than $40 on it so I'll probably just hang tight for a bit.[/quote]

Don't sweat GW1 -- shit was hard. I can barely crack 250k. :\

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just beat BCR... damn such a well made remake. Plus the ending was way more violent than the original even though that's saying much... really took me by surprise.[/quote]

I decree the next remake/re-imagining be River City Ransom.

[quote name='Kendal']Should I sell my old copy of Rhapsody? I don't know. I like the sound track and the case. I am getting the DS port, but I don't know what to do with my old copy. I guess I could always play through it again and again on my Triple. I forgot that thing actually plays games![/quote]

From what I read the gameplay in the DS remake will be pretty different from the original. So I guess it might be worth keeping it.

'Morning GGT.

Love the thread title; that's an awesome song :D

[quote name='Kendal']Should I sell my old copy of Rhapsody? I don't know. I like the sound track and the case. I am getting the DS port, but I don't know what to do with my old copy. I guess I could always play through it again and again on my Triple. I forgot that thing actually plays games![/QUOTE]
Sell it to me! j/k

The original Atlus release came with a soundtrack? Didn't know that... may have to hunt it down now, since I like the translated songs (which are sadly not going to be in the DS version).

[quote name='blueshinra']The original Atlus release came with a soundtrack? Didn't know that... may have to hunt it down now, since I like the translated songs (which are sadly not going to be in the DS version).[/quote]

I've never played Rhapsody, so I'm just vaguely interested in the DS remake. It'll be interesting to see if it turns out better received than the original. The PSX game can still be found at a couple online retailers like GameExpress, and it does include the soundtrack.

I'm slowly making my way thru BCR. I've just gotten a little over halfway to the end. Its still awesome.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I was wondering: is everyone in the GGT a fan of old, corny, martial arts movies or extremely cliche anime?

All your titles seem to indicate so.[/QUOTE]

Thread titles, or user titles? I'm not really a fan of either (he says as he prepares to watch Gundam SEED.)

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody else want Eyeshield 21 vol.19. I bought an extra copy by accident. Incredible series. That can be $5 shipped too (because shipping is like $3-4).[/QUOTE]

I'd take it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']WTF? Why would you even use the d-pad? the analog works perfectly...[/QUOTE]

Let me guess. You are also < 20 years old?

When did GCN games start fetching some loot online? I just looked up a few of my titles that I am thinking to sell and I could afford most of if not all of my gaming purchases for the rest of the year if I sold them for 3/4 of what they are selling for.

[quote name='Kendal']When did GCN games start fetching some loot online? I just looked up a few of my titles that I am thinking to sell and I could afford most of if not all of my gaming purchases for the rest of the year if I sold them for 3/4 of what they are selling for.[/QUOTE]
I hope Billy Hatcher is still cheap; need to get that one.

[quote name='pete5883']

Let me guess. You are also < 20 years old?[/quote]

Nah that corrosivefrost dude is old. I'm talking 28 years old, old. :oldman:

[quote name='blueshinra']I hope Billy Hatcher is still cheap; need to get that one.[/quote]

Half still has it for a cool Honest Abe + shipping. Also, if you are looking for a complete Rhapsody, shoot me an offer.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nah that corrosivefrost dude is old. I'm talking 28 years old, old. :oldman:[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I guess its not a "dpad generation" vs. "analog generation" thing, then.

[quote name='pete5883']Hmm, I guess its not a "dpad generation" vs. "analog generation" thing, then.[/quote]

You can use the Analog stick, don't get me wrong. I just find it a bit inaccurate, I think a decent dpad would be better.

I reckon the Dpad on the D3 is better than the one on the 360 pad, so when people have the choice I can understand them getting the PS3 version.

[quote name='Kendal']Half still has it for a cool Honest Abe + shipping. Also, if you are looking for a complete Rhapsody, shoot me an offer.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. And I'll think about Rhapsody, even though I'm only interested in the soundtrack (never played the original; have the DS one on preorder).

Made a new blog post earlier; has to do with the CAG StarCraft League site that I host.

Also, VC's been updated: Mega Man (NES, of course) and Neo Turf Masters (Neo Geo).

[quote name='Jest']Question GGT... Why preorder when there are no bonuses?[/quote]

[quote name='suko_32']Because I want Active Life pretty badly and Amazon Prime is awesome.[/quote]

^edited, wish there were bonuses though...:)

Also wish Active Life (and the tna game) don't bomb...gamewise (if they bomb saleswise that makes me happy though...discounts to be had!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back