Ghost Squad - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The_Spaceman']Before I buy Ghost Squad I am waiting until someone gets the game and is able to comfirm that the trigger button can be remapped to the Z or C button[/quote]
A guy on NeoGAF just confirmed it:

I picked up an American copy of Ghost Squad today, and you can -- I repeat CAN -- use the Z button for firing when using the zapper. It's one of four configs. Front trigger/A is action and Analog/D-Pad is weapon select under this setup.
Not sure why we got this feature and the Japanese version did not, but it looks like it's there.

I think I might impulse buy this for some 4 player thanksgiving fun..

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']A guy on NeoGAF just confirmed it:

Not sure why we got this feature and the Japanese version did not, but it looks like it's there.[/quote]

Well looks like I'll definitely be buying the game sooner rather than later. Atleast some part of Sega realized they needed to keep the game some what close to the arcade version with the zapper.

So you pretty much just repeat the same 3 levels over and over and sometimes you'll go through different paths? I heard you could pretty much beat the game in 30 minutes. Looks fun, but then again, I doubt I would go back and play the same level again. Also, can you just use the wiimote, or do you have to use the nunchuk too? I could have sworn I saw people use just the wiimote on the Gamespot Gameplay interview thing.

They had this at Gamestop today, so I picked up a copy. None at BestBuy; they said that the shipment was delayed. Odd, when I went directly across the street and picked it up at GS. Whatever. I taught BB a lesson by spending over a $1000 on a new washer and dryer instead of the game. Also there were magazine racks and glitter.

I found a copy at Best Buy today with no problems. It's a fun little shooter for $30, and I don't regret the purchase.

I played through this game 4 times in one evening. It is truly a blast. And, save for length and the other's superior boss battles, it kicks the everloving SHIT out of RE:UC.

And I already have a shotgun, a sniper rifle, and a magnum. I'm wondering if I can unlock some of the boss characters as alternate costumes...

EDIT: Just a tip, at level 3 or higher, Air Force One will unlock the Stealth minigame for the cockpit section. This only gets hard if you try to go for the maximum stealthiness on your stealth wheel. Just stop the spinner early in the upper right corner of the stealth wheel, and you'll easily have enough time to secure the cockpit and win that mission.

Also, avoid hostage routes if you are packing the shotgun.

Finally, did anyone play the arcades? I don't remember having a dot sighted sniper rifle when going for the one-head-shot against Laccard Zimone on Air Force One...

Can't wait to play this. My brother picked it up yesterday..told me to come over today with my 2 Zappers so the 3 (or maybe 4) of us can play!

How do you unlock Bikini mode..?

Alright you pervs... myself included. To unlock Paradise mode, THE MODE THAT EVERYONE WANTS, you have to beat Ninja mode.

Last I checked, I was 16 on the regional leaderboards and rapidly declining. No big there, as I'm competing against folks who bought the game on day one, and I'm not a lightgun scorewhore junkie all that much.

But, remember, to get WORLD ranking quality scores, all of which trump the #1 regional dood by at least 100% of his score, you need to get up in the mission levels to the double digits.

I'm.. I'm literally beating this game 3 times a day! This is madness. They've laced this with crack, I swear. I didn't even do this with Time Crisis 3, the grandpappy and king undisputed of light gun games!

GodDAMN I want this game! I need to build my special IR configuration for ultimate accuracy, but I don't know where to start =( Maybe I'll ask the knowledgable, techno-savvy, ultra-helpful folks at Radioshack! Hahahaha...

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm.. I'm literally beating this game 3 times a day! This is madness. They've laced this with crack, I swear. I didn't even do this with Time Crisis 3, the grandpappy and king undisputed of light gun games![/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. I've shelved Super Mario Galaxy last night to play through GS 3 times to unlock the M4, a handgun, and the first sniper rifle.

I'm also addicted to checking the region rankings - I'm really trying to get into the top 100 regionally. A big bonus, my wife really likes the game too - now to just get her to play paradise mode!

Doh! I went to BB to pick up the Ghost Squad and the Zapper, but all they had was the zapper :cry:

Hopefully they get it in soon before this $10 coupon expires.

I got it for $20 today and it's full of joy. Even playing without a reticule it works so well. Top notch cheesy shooter action, I love it! You can get the Zapper and this game and still be $30 under the price of Time Crisis 4 alone..

[quote name='wjhard63']I couldn't agree with you more. I've shelved Super Mario Galaxy last night to play through GS 3 times to unlock the M4, a handgun, and the first sniper rifle.

I'm also addicted to checking the region rankings - I'm really trying to get into the top 100 regionally. A big bonus, my wife really likes the game too - now to just get her to play paradise mode![/quote]
"Play" Paradise Mode? Play "Paradise mode"?

There's a lot of different ways to read that...

As most likely intended.

All the regional top scores use the shotgun. Damned if I know why, but I guess those double takedowns really rack up the points.

Remember, higher mission levels mean more points. To get into the top 100 on ranking, you have to race against them to get your mission levels into the 10s asap. I'm down to rank 30 as other folks continue to bounce up around me. Mine are 8, 6, 6 (Damn headshot boss and ghey-ass grenade dodging shield boss.). Of course, my scores are lower than normal because I'm also missing a mission here and there and not often taking the optimal score path. I could probably crack the 20s, even with the standard SMG, if I really put my nose to the grindstone. (Check me out if'n ye see me. My callsign's Dr. Stiles.)

The only problem with game pacing is that they hold back the ruins level in Stage 3 too long. That forest run gets old fast, ESPECIALLY if the boss keeps kicking your ass so you don't Mission Level up.

Paradise mode... I'm scared... as a woman, do I even want to know what it is? *reads back*... nope, didn't want to know :p

So it sounds like the game is fun but not necessarily difficult? I have it put away for the hbby for Christmas, but I'm anxious to try it myself. Does it work well with *or* without the zapper? Have a zapper put away for Christmas, too, but I'm afraid to buy a second one, as I can just picture the hubby getting *me* one for Christmas, too ;)

I don't have the game (unfortunantly), but I think either you set difficulty or it gets harder as you progress. Keep in mind you'll be replaying three levels, but this really is a great game. This price, $30 (or $20 with BB coupon) is practically a steal compared with Resident Evil:Umbrella Chronicles which is $50 and only like half are co-play (but has better graphics, etc..)

For a 4-player shooter including dual-wielding with two wiimotes, this game effing owns. Paradise mode is every man's fantasy.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']dual-wielding with two wiimotes.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?! What did I miss here??? You can use 2 wiimotes?!?!

Wow, I think this is a game that would have gone completely under the radar for me had I not been looking for more zapper games. The rave reviews in this thread are mind blowing...playing through 3 times a day? Insane. I guess I need to add this to my xmas list.

Thanks to all who talked this game up in this thread. I got the game today at Best Buy for $20 (with $10 off coupon in the main forum) and am really, really happy with the purchase. Ninja Mode and Paradise Mode are hilarious!

I picked this one up yesterday at TRU (used my $25 gift card from SMG :D). For a $30 game, this is awesome. It's really fun. It's a short game, but that really works in it's favor. Considering all the branching paths and how fun this is(especially co-op), I can definitely see playing through this many times.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Do you have to use the Nunchuk in this game?[/QUOTE]

Nope!

[quote name='pittpizza']Do you guys/gals play with the zapper or without it?

Is it coop?[/QUOTE]

Yes to both!

I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is "no," but I thought I would ask just in case I am wrong. Is there any way to turn of the aiming reticules in party mode? I know the option is available for arcade mode, but having four cursors on the screen is kind of annoying and it's unfortunate if there is no way to turn them off. Thanks.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Do you have to use the Nunchuk in this game?[/QUOTE]

No.

Although is you have the zapper, it would be preferable. I have the control set to option four, where the Nunchuck thumbstick changes weapons and ammo bursts.

I play with the Zapper, and it has four player co-op.

BTW: If you're debating whether to get the Zapper, go for it. I enjoy Link's Crossbow training more than other Wii shooter.

Picked this up yesterday with the BB $10 coupon and am really glad I did-- this game is pure fun. I don't even have a Zapper (yet) and had a blast with it. I was exhausted last night, meant to just pop the game in for 5-10 minutes to see how it played, and went for over an hour.

Completely addictive and a great buy. Has that warm fuzzy classic Sega arcade feeling (last experienced at home on the DC). At $30 it's a safe bet, at $20 (with the coupon) it's a must buy if you enjoy light-gun shooters in the slightest.

Thanks to all in this thread for sparking my interest, I knew nothing about the game Sunday and today I can see it becoming one of my most played Wii games. :)

i picked this game up too at BB for $19. played a couple hours. playing the same three levels doesn't really bother me since the enviromental factors change, the routes, and weapons.

definately more straight up action than RE:UC. i like both games.
so hopefully SEGA takes this as a cue to release more gun games.

cant wait til this weekend to have more fun with ghost squad.

[quote name='Ravenous']What coupon do you guys speak of?[/quote]

The BB $10 off any $30+ game, which expired yesterday 11/28). $20 for Ghost Squad is a steal!

I've been missing the Sega-ey goodness, so as soon as I get all of my papers done this weekend, I'm definitely picking this up.

I see no better 'end of the semester' present than something that's evocative of the Dreamcast.

It's STILL thinking.

Im fightinig off the urge to rip this open and play it. I got it with the BB coupon for 21 bucks after tax (originally went in to get the first trauma center) and want to trade it for Trauma center second opinion at walmart. I still may keep it but as of now it's sealed.

To those of you who have both, which is better, this or Umbrella Chroniceles?
To those of you that have this and Zapper, which method is more fun to play with? How do you like using hte zapper in this game?

The last couple of days I've been free sling with just the wii mote, but I have fun with my Wii Blaster. Nothing beats breaking the Wii Blaster out and equiping the shotgun it just feels oh so good. I would say which ever way you would like to go is cool. I still want to pick up the Wii Zapper and the Nyko Gun (for HoD2&3).

I just picked this up. Liking it so far. Beat it 3 times tonight already. I've got one question. I heard something about dual wielding two remotes. Is this true? If so where is the option for this?

Sorry if there was any misinterpretation. People actually have dual-wielded two wiimotes, but it's not like "official". Basically, you just do two-player mode, except, instead of playing two players, you're holding two wiimotes.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/09/28/ign-demonstrates-dual-wielding-in-ghost-squad-sort-of/
(IGN says dual-wielding = much harder)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rxM5HgmR0Bg
(Guy dual-wields two wiimotes)

Having the no-cursor with two wiimotes would just be insane, that's all I can say.

I said that earlier because I could have sworn I saw the people in the Japanese Trailer holding two wiimotes. Guy was holding two, and the girl was holding two. Must've just been my imagination.

I'm getting both. Since, both have their ups and downs.

Ghost Squad
Only 3 Levels
Not that long in length -- You can finish in like 30min.
Up to 4 players - With just WIIMOTES! No Nunchuk.
Fast-Paced Action
Can do "No-Cursor"
IR Calibration
Ninja/Paradise Mode
$30

RE:UC
You can shoot zombies.
2 Players
20+ Hours.
Only half the levels are co-op?
Can get repetitive.
Boss Fights are hard.
During Action scenes, buttons may not respond well.
Graphics aren't half bad.
Zapper makes it intense, and much harder. The game is already hard. Clunkiness of Zapper makes it even harder. A+ for hardness.
$50

bread's done
Back