Ghost Squad - Gen. Discussion & Info

Its really too bad that this game is running at 30fps, 60fps like the arcade would look so much nicer. Though I still find this game to be a lot of fun, and an excellent value. All the unlockables and world rankings really make this a game to be played again and again.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Its really too bad that this game is running at 30fps, 60fps like the arcade would look so much nicer. Though I still find this game to be a lot of fun, and an excellent value. All the unlockables and world rankings really make this a game to be played again and again.[/QUOTE]
i would buy it, but it just seems so short.

If you are into getting highscores and unlocking new difficulties, weapons, costumes, and modes, then the length isn't really an issue. With proper coupons/deals, Ghost Squad + Link's CBT + Zapper can be had for $35.

The series of gamepro(?) BB coupons that comes out every so often. There is usually a $5 off Wii accessory coupon. And if you get it from BB you don't pay the $5 premium that places like EB/GS and Amazon slap on the price.

Well, I finally got around to playing the game....it was pretty darn fun. I used the Wii Zapper to play it as I recently picked that up also.

Anyways...back to life :)

[quote name='Chronotrigga']The Ghost Squad Lady Ninjas turn me on. :>[/quote]

Understandable, but you'll need a cold shower after a Paradise Mode clear.

I just picked this up earlier and played through it once. I like it a lot since I haven't played a good lightgun game in ages.

I'm thinking abut makig another trip out to pick up a Zapper, since I could tell the game could benefit from it, and my wrist will thank me for it.

Damn, this game is fun. I had a $25 gift card and the 10% off coupon for this weekend at Best Buy, and since it's only $30 and everyone seems to enjoy it... well, there's really no choice, is there?

I've played through it three times, but I still can't finish the blasted jungle level. I've finally managed to take out the boat, but the guy with the shield is such a pain.

Note to self: If using a shotgun, do not take hostage paths. It's not a good idea.

[quote name='lilboo']Does anyone have a list of the costumes that unlock?[/QUOTE]
gamefaqs has the list for the arcade version and i guess it would be similar: http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/924225/37446

credit to: ShadowMasterM16

weapons and costumes:
1: Ghost Squad Costume
1: Jungle Costume
1: XM-2119
2: M4E
5: P44M
7: CAC82
10: Desert Costume
11: TM9V
13: Tough Guy Costume
15: Policeman Costume
15: SAW24
18: Sky Costume
19: M45R
23: SPR11
23: Cowboy Costume
26: PM6
27: WW2 Costume
30: M94R
30: Urban Costume
32: AR4A
34: Guardian VCG 2.0
34: Virtua Cop Costume
38: TR14
38: Future Warrior Costume
40: P4512
43: ABG1
46: TK1B
50: CPG7
50: Ninja Costume
54: G50
60: Panda Costume
60: Guardian VCG 1.0
61: M209
69: SPR3
77: MP10
85: SR308
93: SG112
99: Gold Costume
99: XMW21

(bought at best buy for $20. i really like it and it is totally worth it.)

Got the game. Like the game. Want a zapper now.

the aiming is a little off for me because my place is so small like my manhood. I big zapper my make me feel better at least.

I'm still loving this game as much as the day I bought it - well worth the $20 I paid for it at TRU B2G1F. I'm currently at level 55 and abusing the hell out of the TR14, with Mission 1 at level 16 and Missions 2 & 3 at level 15.

Somehow I managed to run through the entire game, completing every objective on a level 16-14-14 run last night and ranked regionally at 129 and worldwide at 756. I'm sure I'll be off the world list shortly and the regional will put me back in the 900's where I belong.

I can't recommend this game enough for the price - it's an awesome arcade experience!

Yeah I busted it out last night. I was gonna trade it for the first Trauma Center but it was just sitting there wrapped and I had company over so we played 2player co-op and kicked some major ass.

It is so easy to play (only A and B buttons) and really fun. Fortunately it plays just like an arcade game (only you get to make a one time only 20 dollar investment instead of 50 cents per continue) and unfortunately it looks like an older SEGA arcade game but the gameplay is so fun the 2-D blocky Guns and IDENTICAL baddies don't bother me too much.

I played the actual arcade game at Dave and Buster's with a friend and it was pretty fun. I may pick this up after xmas with the money and/or GCs I accumulate and convince my wife to play it with me.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']If you are into getting highscores and unlocking new difficulties, weapons, costumes, and modes, then the length isn't really an issue. With proper coupons/deals, Ghost Squad + Link's CBT + Zapper can be had for $35.[/QUOTE]

'splain how and I will buy this NAO

Picked up Ghost Squad at Target yesterday for $12.46. The game was listed, "As Is" even though it wasn't even open. Regardless of how short the game is, I think I can get $12.46 worth of entertainment out of it.

Wow, amazing it's already on clearance. :/ This game really wasn't destined to sell well I guess, though. A bit too niche, even though I think people would enjoy it if they gave it a chance. Doesn't help it's had NO hype at all from Sega-- I had never even heard of it before this thread. (and haven't seen much about it even now that I own it and am aware of it!)

[quote name='Plumberboy']Picked up Ghost Squad at Target yesterday for $12.46. The game was listed, "As Is" even though it wasn't even open. Regardless of how short the game is, I think I can get $12.46 worth of entertainment out of it.[/QUOTE]
are you serious? I would totally buy it at that price.

[quote name='pittpizza']It said I unlocked paradise mode but I can't seem to access it. How do you turn this feature on?[/QUOTE]

It's the second option in Party Mode. There's only 2 options in Party Mode, and you obviously just played Ninja Mode to get it! :lol: So it's the OTHER option :)

You know what, I think I only played/beat party mode once and it said new bonus mode unlocked and I assume it is the ninja mode. So when I go into party mode I'll select and beat ninja and then I get to play paradise mode?

[quote name='pittpizza']You know what, I think I only played/beat party mode once and it said new bonus mode unlocked and I assume it is the ninja mode. So when I go into party mode I'll select and beat ninja and then I get to play paradise mode?[/QUOTE]

No, you get Ninja mode for beating the arcade mode once. You beat Ninja mode, and then you get Paradise mode. That's all for Party Mode, just them 2. It's sad, because Ninja & Paradise mode are pretty fun! Wish they had a few other modes like that!

[quote name='Justin42']Wow, amazing it's already on clearance. :/ This game really wasn't destined to sell well I guess, though. A bit too niche, even though I think people would enjoy it if they gave it a chance. Doesn't help it's had NO hype at all from Sega-- I had never even heard of it before this thread. (and haven't seen much about it even now that I own it and am aware of it!)[/quote]

The 'as is' games are not clearance. They are things that are from another Target that was maybe returned and that store does not stock, discontinued, etc... etc...

Finally got around to playing today. Unlocked Ninja and Paradise mode with a few friends and now working on getting my rank up. Fun game, I love all the little extras, it adds plenty of depth to the three levels. Though I think a fourth concluding level would have been perfect, it just doesn't feel like the game should end after level 3.

Also, I wish the zapper had better sights, kinda difficult aiming down the barrel. Though, moving to a bigger TV might help.

EDIT: Is there any way to recalibrate mid-game without having to go back to the main menu?

[quote name='InvaderZim']The 'as is' games are not clearance. They are things that are from another Target that was maybe returned and that store does not stock, discontinued, etc... etc...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking it may have been an online purchase returned to the B&M store. It was the only copy there.

I love my Ghost Squad. Sure three levels is short but there are a lot of weapons to unlock and new routes through the levels. Definetly a lot of replayability.

This game is amazing, perhaps it can be a bit much with jsut the 3 levels (despite multiple paths) but it really shines when you play with other people (or without the reticule if you've played it too many damn times) ... Level 62 for me so far...

I finally got Level 99. I like the gun for level 99, and I stick with the gold uniform whenever I play now. My highest score had been around 49xxxx but with the new gun, I blew that away by like 50xxx. I don't play that much now since everything's unlocked. I played a bunch with my sister when I first got it, started playing 2 player by myself to build up 2 save files, then took my Wii with me to a friend's house to finish it off.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0'] Unlocked Ninja and Paradise mode with a few friends and now working on getting my rank up. Fun game, I love all the little extras[/quote]

My son unlocked paradise mode, but what is it? and how do you access it?

[quote name='mickeyp']My son unlocked paradise mode, but what is it? and how do you access it?[/QUOTE]

You need to do party mode and someplace on the bottom of the user start screen lets you do party, ninja, and normal mode. Just make sure everyone has "joined" the game before selecting your mode.

I bought this game at Target 3 days ago for $3.98 and it worth every pennies. I went back tried to pickup extra copies CAG's but NO MORE LOVE. I can't wait House of the Dead 2 & 3 :)

I must have the worst luck when looking for games. I just wish I had money in my bank account when it was going for 20 on amazon. I don't want to pay 30, but I'd pay 20 for it. Oh well. I'll wait until I can get it used or some other amazing offer for it comes up. (When it was cheap cheap at Target (or wherever it was at the end of Christmas), I was in Hawaii).

I was playing this at Dave and Buster's last week and happened to pick this up a couple days ago. Opened it up today and pretty damn fun. Like all the paths. I'm kinda disappointed in no widescreen but its all good.

My fiance continues to purchase me games that I wouldn't have purchased myself. In searching for "Ghost Squad" I've noticed a few people mention it, so it's not like no one knows about it... but - I think it's own thread for a little while might be a nice notice to people who haven't tried it yet.

Because it's awesome.

It's brutally short, only 3 levels and you can probably play through in under 30 minutes. There are branching pathways so you can play the same levels a few different ways. The branches are usually followed by a specialized mission: Use a sniper rifle to take out enemies, handcuff hostages, defuse a bomb, engage in hand to hand combat, etc.

My first play through I was a little surprised at how fast I saw the credits. My reaction was "it's fun. A good buddy game, I guess" - but then I leveled up. I had no idea there was a leveling system! Next I found out I unlocked a shotgun! I then realized how many unlockable weapons there are in this game.

In under 10 seconds I went from fairly unimpressed to anxious to play immediately again.

The shot gun genuinely modifies the way you play. You can now drop two guys at once but your ammo is limited. As well, you'll have a hell of a time taking down guys at a distance as the shot spreads out.

The jungle levels are an excellent example. Certain areas will have you sweeping and leveling the bad guys like so much jungle brush. Other areas will have you cursing the assholes in the distance taking potshots at you.

This is the strongest and weakest point of the game. Everytime I unlock a new weapon I can't just put down the controller. I NEED to try the game using the Magnum 45. But some of the guns make critical portions of the game entirely too hard. Trying to take down a boss with a headshot with the shotgun might be impossible. I know it's hard... I just don't know if it's offically impossible.

So what puts the game over the top is playing with a partner and matching up your weapons to compliment each other. Because the weapons genuinely make a difference, it seems that some of them just aren't the best choice for solo play. Which, don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have genuine differences than cosmetic changes.

You can tell it's a Sega AM2 game. If your a game snob, like me, you'll notice the same patina of style that you'd find in Crazy Taxi. The Ninja Mode (you have no idea how fast I was slamming 'start' when I saw "Ninja Mode Unlocked") makes nice changes to the level textures and models so it has at bit of a feudal japan feel. It's attention to detail. If you look at it from just the right angle, in the right light you'll see a Dreamcast game that could have been.

Even right now... I can't wait to play again.

Pick it up now or when the price drops.

I got it for Christmas and I'm still enjoying it, just playing through it every other day or so. Yeah, I find that most of the smaller guns with no burst shots and short clips can make some parts very difficult. I really like the costumes too, love how out of place many of them look.

Oh, and just as a note, you don't actually use your chosen gun for that headshot sequence. For the sniping and machine gun portions the gun is automatically switched.

[quote name='StealthNinjaScyther']. For the sniping and machine gun portions the gun is automatically switched.[/quote]

Ah. I stand corrected.

It's still pretty hard to pick off guys at a distance with a shotgun though (say on the river).

Yeah, the leveling up and unlocking stuff makes this game worthwhile. Perfect to pick up and play for an hour or so every once in a while, or with friends. I like that the game is short, but adds new things almost every playthrough.

the RPG elements improve the enjoyment of the game. it just goes to show you that just being able to unlock stuff in a game (that you don't have to pay for) can increase the games enjoyment

[quote name='Photonman41']the RPG elements improve the enjoyment of the game. it just goes to show you that just being able to unlock stuff in a game (that you don't have to pay for) can increase the games enjoyment[/quote]

Back when a microtransaction was I'd invest a little of my time and the game would give a little back.

My buddy got 12 bucks in January. I've been searching for a deal on it, but he might just sell me his when he and his gf are done with it.

I picked up Resident Evil: UC for less then 40 in order to kill the time. I just want a rail shooter.

It's an ok game, but I'm getting pretty bored with it. I've played RE: UC through several times already and I still really enjoy it. The cheesy lines and limited amount of levels kill the experience for me. I like that there are multiple paths within the levels and lots of stuff to unlock, but I can't play it unless someone else is playing with me.

I thought this one a lot better than RE:UC, myself.

There's just so much... indescribable quality to this. I can't place it, but replaying this one is a blast. At the mission levels I'm at, though, I cannot take all the useless pistols you unlock each for their own test drive, unfortunately, but this game is just plain fun.

bread's done
Back