Girl with a PSP

shanyn

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi there - I just got a PSP because I wanted a portable gaming system [and Nintendo DS is sold out everywhere :cry: ]. I am looking for some good game recommendations - I really like simulation type games, and puzzles. I'm trying to get Gitaroo Man off of EBay right now [expenssssive] and I am trying to find a place to get PaRappa the Rapper [even though it's in Japanese as far as I can tell]. The only other game I have is Thrillville.
So. Recommendations? I need some more games to play :)

I DEFINITELY recommend Exit, which can be found for $19.99 or less pretty much everywhere now.

If you like that, you NEED to import Kangaeru Exit, the sequel.

Both are action/puzzle-type games.......and tons of fun.

Wait... a GIRL with a PSP! :drool: jk

Anyway I suggest reading that Custom Firmware topic they got going on here as it seems to open up a magical world of gaming.

I had been looking at Exit... it was on my list to buy, but it may be bumped to the top now!
I just broke down and imported Pa Rappa... spent a little more than I would have liked to for a game, but it's Pa Rappa. You can't beat that.
:runs to check out the Firmware thread:

[quote name='shanyn']I had been looking at Exit... it was on my list to buy, but it may be bumped to the top now!
I just broke down and imported Pa Rappa... spent a little more than I would have liked to for a game, but it's Pa Rappa. You can't beat that.
:runs to check out the Firmware thread:[/QUOTE]

I take it back...don't think you would enjoy it much...

Depends on what kinds of games you like. Since I'm a big fan of RPGs, that's about all I can point you towards.

To that end, I highly recommend Valkyrie Profile.

If you like puzzles, get Lumines, Lumines II, and Every Extend Extra. Three great puzzle games and they should all be fairly cheap on eBay.

Wait on the US version for Pa Rappa which should be coming out some time in 2007. Gitaroo Man is a great game. Seeing as you're a girl (tee hee) here's some other suggestions. Loco Roco stands as something cute that's a lot of fun. Beyond that, Mega Man Powered Up also fits the cute but fun mold as the anime-esque redesign and multiple difficulties make it the most accesible Mega Man in a long time. Besides that, Luminese is a must. Those should get you started.

Also, Mercury has become my new favorite puzzle game on the PSP at the moment. It's sort of like Marble Madness/Super Monkey Ball played with liquid and paint jobs. It's a neat game series that is totally worth checking out.

Edit: Don't spend that much for Gitaroo Man on E-Bay. It can be had for about $30 for the PSP at EB/GS right now.

[quote name='furyk']Wait on the US version for Pa Rappa which should be coming out some time in 2007. Gitaroo Man is a great game. As a girl (tee hee) here's some other suggestions. Loco Roco stands as something cute that's a lot of fun. Beyond that, Mega Man Powered Up also fits the cute but fun mold as the anime-esque redesign and multiple difficulties make it the most accesible Mega Man in a long time. Besides that, Luminese is a must. Those should get you started.[/QUOTE]

You're a girl?!

I swear I couldn't tell...everytime we've discussed in a thread, I always felt I was talking with a guy...

[surprised how many girls there really are on CAG..doesn't feel so lonely anymore]

[quote name='sarausagi']You're a girl?!

I swear I couldn't tell...everytime we've discussed in a thread, I always felt I was talking with a guy...

[surprised how many girls there really are on CAG..doesn't feel so lonely anymore][/QUOTE]

Opps. I'm not a girl. I was implying that games for girls require tee heeing.

[quote name='furyk']Opps. I'm not a girl. I was implying that games for girls require tee heeing.[/QUOTE]

Thank god....maybe you should reword the post? But I get what you're saying now...those were good suggestions too.

[quote name='sarausagi']Thank god....maybe you should reword the post? But I get what you're saying now...those were good suggestions too.[/QUOTE]

Done. I do enjoy feeling pretty though (if that makes any difference). And why thank god!??!?

As another suggestion for the original post, pick up Capcom Puzzle World coming out a few months from now. It's got a bunch of awesome games on it (such as Super Puzzle Fighter 2). Also, Death Jr. 1 and 2 might be up your alley.

Me and My Katamari is pretty fun, but I recommend getting one of the PSP power grip things when you play it to avoid hand cramps. :p

Exit is also great as recommended earlier in the thread.. so is Mega Man Powered up.

One of my female co-workers plays her Sims 2 at work when it's slow so you might like that. I haven't tried it myself yet, though.

Worms Open Warfare is a fun game, IMO great for both guys and gals.

Also not a game, but worth the $50 from Play Asia is the Chotto Shot camera for the PSP. It's a cool camera to mess around with and take pictures and videos. I posted another thread on here about it.

Oh and PM me if you want to buy my import Gitaroo Man.. I've had it fo a while and I rarely play it.

Lumines is a fun tetris like game. I recommend that. I still play it since I first got it last March. I'm going to wait on Lumines 2, cuz of no money.

Gitaroo Man - get it from EB or Gamestop. Its pretty cheap there since it had a US release.

Lumines/Lumines II - either one is great fun. The first one is cheaper. Best puzzler on the PSP.

Sims 2 - its totally different from the PC game. This is more of an old school adventure title but with Sims elements. I liked it enough to finish it.

Dungeon Siege - hack n slash Diablo-esque game. Lots of fun.

Exit is pretty sweet too. And dont forget Daxter, a truly great platformer game if you are looking for something similiar to that.

I love my PSP, as much as my DS. They get equal wear and tear really.

OMG! A GURL WIT A PSP IN MI, MATCH MADE IN HELL! ;)

Seriously though, I like PQ. It is an awesome puzzle game(the others mentioned are good too) It can be found for $20ish or less. I am not sure if you would like this, but Metal Gear Ac!d is a fun oddball way of playing a Metal Gear game. It is a turnbased strategy game where you use cards to do all your actions. I second Me and my Katamari too. That is all.

Yeah I forgot about PQ.. Good game.. I traded it after I beat it.. I forgot when my PQ was though. :p

Other games worth mentioning:
Burnout Legends
Cars
NAMCO Battle Museum (collection with Pac Man, etc.)
WTF: Work Time Fun

Also I heard DJ Max Portable is pretty good, but I have yet to play it.. Still hesitant about the $50 tag from Play Asia. :)

Puzzle games:

Lumines
Lunmines II
Every Extended Extra
Exit
Mercury
Mercury Meltdown
WTF

I enjoy Exit & Lumines. Also if you enjoy rhythm games like Parappa, you should check out the 2 Taiko Drum Master games. I have heard that Mercury Meltdown is good too. Female PSPers unite!

[quote name='javeryh']I recommend changing your firmware to 3.03OE-A if you can. It's amazing.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I've been playing FF7 and Castlevania - SOTN on my PSP all day today. The ability to play PS1 games I already own finally gave me reason to charge back up the PSP and put away the DS.

[quote name='JediBaja']I enjoy Exit & Lumines. Also if you enjoy rhythm games like Parappa, you should check out the 2 Taiko Drum Master games. I have heard that Mercury Meltdown is good too. Female PSPers unite![/QUOTE]

Ooo more rhythm games. I love rhythm games! Exit is really ticking me off... I have such a hard time doing the run jump.

I also got Puzzle Challenge... which is just crosswords/fill-ins/word searches. I may look for that PTQ game [though I haven't seen it in all of my searches of games] and Lumines seems like a must-buy...

I'd advise renting Exit first, as it gets REALLY hard and frustrating IMO. Frantix is another game in that type of character/action/puzzle genre (sort of like Adventure of Lolo or something), but it also gets really hard. On the other hand, I only payed $3.50 for it ($7 at Toy's R Us, rang up for half that).

As for sims, I'm not sure what all is available yet. Pirates sort of is, I think, but it's not out until later this month. The Sims games sort of are too, but I think the console versions are almost more of adventure games, they're not like the PC versions exactly.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

how the hell do 2 ppl recommend WTF?!?!?!

I donno dawg, how they do that?!?!

that game gets the worst of 2006 award easily!

easily u say??

EASILY!

oh shit...

so whatchu recommend yo??

dawg... u gotta get dat DJ MAX shit up in dat PSP beeyatch.

aw yea dat game's dope.

u press the button an it's like "doo doo doo" then it's like "zip dong zap whoooo~~"

and the music's all "sarang hae yo~~~"

u can play dat shit for HOURS!!

^^^ What did you just say? I could not translate

Anyways, Exit is fun....although get a little old after a while.

- Burnout is a fun racer
- Lumines is a great puzzle game
- Pinball was ok since it was dirt cheap
- LocoRoco is fun too....there is a demo you can download...try that and see if you like it.

I rarely play my PSP, but those are my opinions on a few games.

[quote name='JEKKI']how the hell do 2 ppl recommend WTF?!?!?!

easily u say??

EASILY!

oh shit...

aw yea dat game's dope.

u press the button an it's like "doo doo doo" then it's like "zip dong zap whoooo~~"

u can play dat shit for HOURS!![/quote]

It made me laugh.

[quote name='JEKKI']how the hell do 2 ppl recommend WTF?!?!?!

easily u say??

EASILY!

oh shit...

aw yea dat game's dope.

u can play dat shit for HOURS!![/QUOTE]

I would recommend DJ Max Portable, it's definitely fun. Truth be told though I wish it was Ez2DJ portable since I like Mario Bolden's stuff and 90's styled Rap/Hip-Hop as well as R&B.
I haven't played Pump on the PSP but I'd definitely recommend it though since I'm a K-Pop fan.

Pump it Up for PSP is probably the worst shit on the PSP rite next to WTF...

(or gangs of london... but I never played dat before. I heard it sux)

the only good thing about it is dat they put in my theme song:

JEKKI MAKE U SHAKE DAT BOOTAY! JEKKI MAKE U SHAKE DAT BOOTAY!

Don’t stop now shake that booty! Yeah baby don’t you baby!

Let’s make you freak your body! Come again just freak your body!

JEKKI DANCE! JEKKI DANCE! Come again just freak your body!

dun dun duh duh duh duh duh....

[quote name='JEKKI']Pump it Up for PSP is probably the worst shit on the PSP rite next to WTF...

(or gangs of london... but I never played dat before. I heard it sux)

the only good thing about it is dat they put in my theme song:

JEKKI MAKE U SHAKE DAT BOOTAY! JEKKI MAKE U SHAKE DAT BOOTAY!

Don’t stop now shake that booty! Yeah baby don’t you baby!

Let’s make you freak your body! Come again just freak your body!

JEKKI DANCE! JEKKI DANCE! Come again just freak your body!

dun dun duh duh duh duh duh....[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you don't like any of the K-Pop that was added.

I stole my boyfriend's psp for lumines and pretended it was my own for a few weeks, i was highly addicted to lumines. Oh, and mercury and me and my katamari..

OK so, i would play lumines, mercury, me and my katamari... and the sega collection. Sorry I tend to be kind of stereotypical girlish- Just because i don't get a lot of hands on time with the psp, only when i steal it from my boyfriend which is hard.. especially when there's metal gear portable ops to be played!

[quote name='Sarang01']I can't believe you don't like any of the K-Pop that was added.[/QUOTE]I could care less what kinda we-are-the-future-heng-bo-ku music they put in the game,

u cant port a foot game (especially pump) onto a psp without the results being disastrous.

not to mention the interface and menus and all that are real annoying

It's amazing how much extra help a girl will get here! :applause:

I could have asked the same thing and probably wouldv'e gotten no responses! :D

I still need to get a PSP, so I'll keep on reading this thread to see all suggestions!

bread's done
Back