GitS: Solid State Society LE Tin Pre-Order $15 at BB.com.

So we dont actually have to worry about how much we pay retail stores for the item, we just have to make sure that store keeps restocking? Makes sense

Yup, that's why clearance items aren't restocked. Retailers are just trying to cut their losses but then they won't restock items they have to discount heavily just to sell.

So it really was $12.99? I picked it up a few days ago on my way to work. And since I was running late for work I didn't have time to argue with the cashier about the price... I can go talk to someone about this right?

Only if the in-store sign says it is. They might've taken it down, and today would be your last day (Best Buy sales end on Saturdays typically). Hopefully you didn't open the DVD yet.

[quote name='Alien Spider']here's a circular scratch on the Extras disc thanks to the most idiotic place to put a security tag ever. :\

I know some people love the Steelbooks, but personally I think they suck. Hard. I had to replace my Hellsing Volume 2 LE because the piece of shit held the disc so tight that when I tried to pull it out the fucking disc literally snapped in half. So fuck the Steelbooks IMO. Hopefully, they're just a fad.
[/quote]

I like the steelbooks DVD case, but the way they hold the dvds are horrible I agree with you I hope they're a fad or they somehow improve them because when I tried to get the hellsing dvd out of the steelcase to watch I thought I was going to break it luckily I didn't, but still it's crazy that the dvd is in so tight..

I got mine for $12 haven't had the chance to watch it yet so the security tag is under the disc or something? I hate that thing. :bomb:

yup the security tag is underneath the extras disc. I have a slight scratch there as well.

Has anybody tried to take off the description sticker off the back? Does it leave a bunch of residue?

[quote name='imascrub']

Has anybody tried to take off the description sticker off the back? Does it leave a bunch of residue?[/quote]
The sticker doesnt leave any residue(my Black Lagoon steelcase wasnt as lucky).

[quote name='Bezerker']The sticker doesnt leave any residue(my Black Lagoon steelcase wasnt as lucky).[/QUOTE]

Neither does the interior security sticker. Mine peeled right off. It was on tightly, but once I got an ede up it cameright off.

I also have some slight scratches on the disc fromt hat sticker. And they're the worst type. Along the circular than across. But it's not that bad of a scratch.

hm my security sticker left a tiny bit of residue, but nothing that'll kill the disc in normal storage or anything...I'll give the back sticker a try

---5 seconds later---
well now that was hardly anything to worry about. It was stuck on with a very very weak adhesive and only on the top and bottom lol

GiTS FTW.

Yea this was a sweet deal. i picked it up last week at a B&M. Rang up $29.99 but i argued the price mistake and they honored it. i tried to run and grab one more at checkout, but they wouldnt let me. :(

[quote name='NintendoGal']For those who missed this deal, I checked out my local Borders and they had the LE for $17.

Just FYI, sorry if that's been posted already![/QUOTE]

as good a deal as your gonna find on the LE now.

now i just need to watch the darn thing.......

Is this connected to the series DVDs at all, or is it an independent storyline? Should I watch the series first?

Yes it follows a few years after 2nd gig. Yes, you should watch the series first to fully appreciate.

[quote name='NintendoGal']For those who missed this deal, I checked out my local Borders and they had the LE for $17. [/quote]

I missed the deal so I went to my local Borders and checked it out. They didn't have any LEs but they did have one of the regular editions with a sale price of $17. So $17 for the LE sounds like a price mistake to me.

[quote name='Filbert']I missed the deal so I went to my local Borders and checked it out. They didn't have any LEs but they did have one of the regular editions with a sale price of $17. So $17 for the LE sounds like a price mistake to me.[/quote]

Hmm might be a local deal then because we took it to the register and it rang up $17. Or a price mistake as you say. :(

bread's done
Back