Gladiator BluRay Exchange Program FREE (new release with better PQ)

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Saw this on Blu-Ray.com and the program goes like this:[quote name='"CH108"']Here are the address's of the two exchange centre's

US and Canada:
PHE Mkt c/o Deluxe Media Management
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

UK:

Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd
'Gladiator Exchange'
Prospect House
80-110 New Oxford Street
London
WC1A 1HB

Telephone number of Paramount: 888-889-9456

The operator will only want to confirm that you have the old disc, using the number on the inner ring of the disc (data side) so it's not entirely necessary.

I would take disc one and make a note of the number in the inner ring data side ( you would have to hold it in the light at a certain angle) it should be NA*****R1 or something like that. Then put the disc in a plastic sleeve or something to protect it and then put the disc in an envelope with a letter explaining that you want your disc replaced with the remastered version. Also put your name, address, telephone number and the disc number just to be safe, although I'm sure they'll see it when they look at the disc.[/quote]Essentially, you send Paramount disc one of the old transfer and in ~2 weeks they'll send you a copy of the remastered version for free. I'll be partaking in this, as I'm sure many of you will too. The proof is in the pudding:

For anyone looking for a quick letter format to send with their copy, you might find mine useful:
RE: Gladiator Blu-Ray Exchange Program

Greetings,

Please find enclosed a copy of Gladiator (disc ID NAXXXXXXXR1) for exchange with a re-mastered copy and ship to the address below:

[Your Name, Address, and Optional Phone #]

Warm Regards,

[Your Name]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my replacement in today, but as far as I can tell there is no indication that the disc is different. Is there anything on the replacement disc that indicates its the reissue?

The serial code, which is located on the information side of the disc along the middle inner ring, is different for the newer disc. It starts with RBXXXXX2. The old one ends in 1.

From what I can tell the serial code is the same as the one I sent in. I'll give the 800 number a call on Monday to check and if need be just send it back in. I did not call originally.

I received my replacement disc from FedEx today after mailing it out exactly 2 weeks ago. It has the new serial number ending in 2. Looking forward to checking this out over the weekend. Thanks OP for the reminder and the excellent detailed instructions.

[quote name='gamer4432']From what I can tell the serial code is the same as the one I sent in. I'll give the 800 number a call on Monday to check and if need be just send it back in. I did not call originally.[/QUOTE]
Should've documented the serial # mate. First thing I did when mine came was compare the two and the one they sent me was indeed very different with R2 at the end.

[quote name='Jodou']Should've documented the serial # mate. First thing I did when mine came was compare the two and the one they sent me was indeed very different with R2 at the end.[/QUOTE]

I didn't document mine but I did remember that the new one was supposed to end in a 2 while the other one ended in a 1. My new one ends in a 2 so I got the new one. I'm guessing he got the new one but is confused.

My mistake. Went back and checked my disc, it starts with "NA" and certainly ends with B1R2.

[quote name='gamer4432']Mine does end in a two, but Interstella mentioned above it should start with RB. Mine ends with B1R2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']My mistake. Went back and checked my disc, it starts with "NA" and certainly ends with B1R2.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok seems I did get a replacement then. Thanks.

Just a paper sleeve, but I received it with no problems.
[quote name='eau']Did they send back the replacement disc in a sleeve or did they send it in some protective manner?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eau']Did they send back the replacement disc in a sleeve or did they send it in some protective manner?[/QUOTE]
It comes in one of those tough cardboard-like envelopes, so it's fairly well protected.

Eh, looks like I'll be doing this. Is the PQ that much better? Parents have been wanting to watch this lately, but they can wait two weeks (or go rent the DVD) if it's going to be a whole lot better.

i just got mine back today. It came via fed ex in a cardboard envelope. Disc was in a sleeve. Have not checked to difference in PQ.

I've got the letter written and the movie packed in. I read on the BR forums that you can call the operator just to confirm you have the disc, do you still have to ship it?

Also, can I just send this in with the letter or do I have to call or email them first?

[quote name='mr_bungle']I've got the letter written and the movie packed in. I read on the BR forums that you can call the operator just to confirm you have the disc, do you still have to ship it?

Also, can I just send this in with the letter or do I have to call or email them first?[/QUOTE]
You must send them a physical copy for the exchange. No call or email is required.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I've got the letter written and the movie packed in. I read on the BR forums that you can call the operator just to confirm you have the disc, do you still have to ship it?

Also, can I just send this in with the letter or do I have to call or email them first?[/QUOTE]

I never called. I just sent the disc in with my info to get it back.

bread's done
Back