Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the USPS tracking is not always the best. Sometimes, things fall through the cracks or simply don't get updated for awhile. I've sold things that didn't show any info for days, and suddenly, all the info popped up at once.

[quote name='fucherios']Don't worry they won't charge you if the seller does not send the game. When they email you to check to see if you got it let them know you didn't.[/QUOTE]

that's good to know, how long does it normally take to be refunded after responding to their email?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Keep in mind that the USPS tracking is not always the best. Sometimes, things fall through the cracks or simply don't get updated for awhile. I've sold things that didn't show any info for days, and suddenly, all the info popped up at once.[/QUOTE]

yeah i've heard that usps tracking is terrible and that it's called "delivery confirmation" for a reason, lol. my other order's tracking info was a bit more helpful though, showing the sort facilities it was processed through, which is why i was questioning about it.

[quote name='sunghost']... the boxart had water damage, which wasn't that noticeable, i only discovered it after taking the boxart out to remove a small piece of hair from underneath the plastic covering the art. all of the other contents were fine, not sure if i should consider that "excellent condition" ...[/QUOTE]

Man, some people are picky. If it's got the case art and instructions and the disc isn't scratched up it's "excellent". No-one is going to list a complete game as "good" when that can mean the art and instructions are missing and the disc is scratched to hell.

[quote name='donkeydrop']Man, some people are picky. If it's got the case art and instructions and the disc isn't scratched up it's "excellent". No-one is going to list a complete game as "good" when that can mean the art and instructions are missing and the disc is scratched to hell.[/QUOTE]

I think what you're describing is a flaw in the listing of the condition qualities. Would be nice if they allowed input of additional info though. So you're saying the boxart could be shit-stained but as long as it has the manual and the disc isn't scratched up it's excellent? Our perceptions of "excellent" differ..

I don't plan on sending it back, and I'm not blaming the seller or anything, I just think the condition listing can be improved.

Yeah, it's definitely unfortunate that the site only has a few different conditions to pick from and no where for the seller to point out potential flaws.

[quote name='Matedawg11']This site is legit i guarantee it and everything works perfectly!! take advantage of it[/QUOTE]

Saying everything works perfectly is a bit naive.

does anyone think its possible to change the used game prices? From what I've heard people claim that they posted there item for more then it actually sold for cheaper. do you think if I posted a used game for 10 all the other prices would lower as well if it were a 40 game?

(potential deal breakers)

[quote name='phantasyx']does anyone think its possible to change the used game prices? From what I've heard people claim that they posted there item for more then it actually sold for cheaper. do you think if I posted a used game for 10 all the other prices would lower as well if it were a 40 game?

(potential deal breakers)[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, because I think it works like this:
You select the condition you want (excellent, great, good etc) and it gives you the cheapest price a seller has put that game. After you buy it, the next person to buy gets the next lowest price and so on. Now, I have no idea, so that's just speculation, but that just my hunch.

Although, I'd be more than happy to buy your $40 game for ten ;P

[quote name='Lonedragon87']any coupouns to use for a second purchase?[/QUOTE]

That's my problem. I bought from Glyde.com and then came here and saw the codes later the same day. Oh well, got a good price on Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. Hadn't gotten around to playing it yet.

[quote name='phantasyx']does anyone think its possible to change the used game prices? From what I've heard people claim that they posted there item for more then it actually sold for cheaper. do you think if I posted a used game for 10 all the other prices would lower as well if it were a 40 game?

I've always wondered about the "Daily Deals", from what I can tell they take a few bucks off of the price and I was wondering if that may be the cause of this.

The site is legit in fact they mention it all the time at kotaku.
They got into the business to sell movies and books, games became a side effect; a real good side effect. Its gamers for gamers that actually want to sell games without getting ripped off from gamestop. Just knowing your game is going to someone who is going to appreciate it and cares if its complete with manual and no scratches is a godsend.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 16, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Something is kind of weird the status of this order i made hasn't changed since the 16th i'm getting kind of worried.

[quote name='Matedawg11']This site is legit i guarantee it and everything works perfectly!! take advantage of it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TLPRIME']Saying everything works perfectly is a bit naive.[/QUOTE]

Beyond naive. It's definitely a nice looking site, and it's legitimate, but there are issues. Not everything works perfectly. I take advantage of it to dump crap I can't move elsewhere and to get some really cheap games. But there are problems that both buyers and sellers can run across that they really don't handle all that great.

Nope. If you post a game lower than the market value, the games other people are selling remain the same. I know, because I often check some of the stuff I have up, and when you look, it will tell you whether or not you are going to be the first to sell. If someone lowballs you, it just gives you a little warning about how you are above market value. I am sure you can attempt to slowly bring the prices down by posting something a buck or two cheaper and hoping the other people are desperate to move the title. But it's not an automatic thing.

[quote name='Jay']Something is kind of weird the status of this order i made hasn't changed since the 16th i'm getting kind of worried.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned earlier, the USPS's tracking is not great. Often times, the information won't all show up until the item is delivered. It has happened to me dozens of times. I would not start worrying about a USPS package until it's way past the time frame it should have been delivered in.

[quote name='Jay']The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 16, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Something is kind of weird the status of this order i made hasn't changed since the 16th i'm getting kind of worried.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt update until the seller sends it out. It doesnt track where the mailer is when Glyde sends it to the seller.

TBARGAIN15 works for 15% off for first time buyers(or new account with a different cc). Could be good for some newer titles

TJOOS3 works for 3 dollars off first time buyers

If you're on the fence use a coupon...I've had 6 transactions with glyde so far..no problems yet and its a great place for older titles..especially with the 3 off coupon

If anyone that runs Glyde comes to this site...hook existing members off with some coupons for a change.

[quote name='life.exe']It doesnt update until the seller sends it out. It doesnt track where the mailer is when Glyde sends it to the seller.[/QUOTE]

Duh. I didn't even think of that before when I responded to his post. Exactly. The mailer was just shipped out by Glyde. The seller has to receive it and put it in the mail.

Is anyone else getting a minor "error" when looking at the daily deals. Specifically I'm looking at the xbox 360 daily deals and many of them are showing a price of $0.00. Of course I'm curious and click but they actually have a price instead of giving away for free; go figure. Just wondered.

Was kinda shocked at the quality of a $4 copy of the original (not the refresh) Gears of War I just received. It's flawless. Manual looks untouched. Case is perfect. Disc is Mint condition. Has the original Gears 48hr live trial - unused. It even smells new...

I've never played this game. Confessions of an ashamed 360 owner. edit I did buy Gears 2 brand new tho

[quote name='sonderiaom']Is anyone else getting a minor "error" when looking at the daily deals. Specifically I'm looking at the xbox 360 daily deals and many of them are showing a price of $0.00. Of course I'm curious and click but they actually have a price instead of giving away for free; go figure. Just wondered.[/QUOTE]

Yes, some of the xbox 360 games are showing up as $0 for me, such as Bioshock, NBA 2K10, etc. Must be a glitch in their system. Too bad they aren't actually free, because I'd totally jump onto Bioshock :)

What do you want them to do? Continue losing money on us? It's very smart of them to offer codes for first users, in order to get them to try the site. But they are not going to cough up $3 everytime we want to buy something. Besides, GLYDE5 still works for returning customers. It's not much, but still.

Oh, I understand the rationale behind it, it does make sense...but I still wish there would be one from time to time, even if it was more like a $2 coupon (or even a $1 coupon, which 5% only is with a $20+ purchase), which would just make them make LESS.

[quote name='Tha Doc']Was kinda shocked at the quality of a $4 copy of the original (not the refresh) Gears of War I just received. It's flawless. Manual looks untouched. Case is perfect. Disc is Mint condition. Has the original Gears 48hr live trial - unused. It even smells new...

I've never played this game. Confessions of an ashamed 360 owner. edit I did buy Gears 2 brand new tho[/QUOTE]

I just got a used copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence from there for $13. The plastic on the case isn't new, but everything else is just flawless. Both discs, manual, etc.

I tried Glyde and placed my order on 3/12 and was told my ETA was 3/20. I did not receive my game and my status still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". It was an $8 Assassin's Creed, so I am willing to be patient, but is this typical for Glyde?

Glyde is merely a third-party. They ship a mailer out to the seller, and the seller drops it in the mail. So, it's very possible that the seller did not receive the mailer or has been very slow to get it into the mail.

My package never updated until the day it was delivered. Up until then, it had only said that the Electronic info had been received, etc.

[quote name='hellhunde']My package never updated until the day it was delivered. Up until then, it had only said that the Electronic info had been received, etc.[/QUOTE]

hm.. according to my order's ETA date, my package should be here tomorrow. i hope my situation will be the same as yours, the tracking info hasn't been updated since the "electronic info has been received".

[quote name='sunghost']hm.. according to my order's ETA date, my package should be here tomorrow. i hope my situation will be the same as yours, the tracking info hasn't been updated since the "electronic info has been received".[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, I got mine the day before the ETA, which is basically the no-later-than date.

There are definitely some good prices on games. If I ever need a new game for one my my systems, I will definitely check Glyde out.

[quote name='hellhunde']If I remember right, I got mine the day before the ETA, which is basically the no-later-than date.[/QUOTE]

So currently one day past my ETA date I am the exception to the rule.

[quote name='Buzzman']Does glyde5 even work anymore?[/QUOTE]

As of a day ago yes, glyde2 however will give you $2 off also.

[quote name='DesertLeo']aaaaaaand they don't ship to APO's.

crap.[/QUOTE]

There are ways around it, check out Ship it APO, it works. I was getting stuff mailed to me when I was stationed in Iraq and Germany, like anything to an APO expect to add almost a week onto shipping time.

As of 5:50 pm est time today I cant use glyde2 or glyde5.

Note: I am a returning user.

Anyelse have the codes not work for them?

[quote name='Buzzman']As of 5:50 pm est time today I cant use glyde2 or glyde5.

Note: I am a returning user.

Anyelse have the codes not work for them?[/QUOTE]

Those codes are meant for first time customers, I wouldn't be shocked if they don't work for you...

First time user. Both GLYDE5 and GLYDE2 worked, but GLYDE5 was 10% off instead of $5 off. I used the code TJOOS3 for $3 off and got an excellent condition copy of Resistance 1 for $9. Not too bad. It'll be even better if it's a non-GH copy.

[quote name='tarouza']you know whats weird, They do not have a listing for me to sell soul calibur 4[/QUOTE]

Make "Soulcalibur" as ONE word and it will pop up.

Just had my first hiccup with Glyde, I sold a brand new copy of Xenosaga for $30 and I just received a report that it was being returned to me. I'm hoping the asshole didn't open before deciding he didn't want to pay for it.

Does anyone know of a way to contact Glyde via phone, I can't find a number and would love to speak with someone there. This is BS, don't risk selling new games there.

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']Why is MLB '10: The Show $79.99 or $82.47 Shipped? Thats $20 over retail!!![/QUOTE]

Because the seller sets the price. I guess there's a small chance someone with credit to burn might be tempted if they wanted a new release badly enough. Credit is easier to waste than cash... especially when its so much more value than GS to sell/trade on Glyde. If I took 10 2nd rate games to GS and got $50, MLB would be $10 more in cash. If I sold 10 games on Glyde for $100, I would have $20 still from an $80 MLB

bread's done
Back