Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold 3 games, Bayonetta, ME2, L4D2, all went well. Only thing I'm worried about is what if a person receives a game and beats it before the 2 day grace period, and reports it as not described?

Received copy of Assassin's Creed II, it fit the description given, Excellent. I had credit sitting there from a couple of bad sellers from last year sometime, and finally used it on ACII. The Kotaku coupon helped out as well.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Does anyone find themselves checking Glyde for cheap games every few days?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have been looking around the site every few days on some games and coming here to read what people have said. I think I may take a dive on one of these games just to try it out.

I bit on RSV2 a couple days ago. Came out to ~$10 with coupon, but I should've waited. Could've gotten about the same price at GS during a B2G1 and could use credit not cash.

Oh well, then I tried to get Graw 2 for ~$5 but it won't let me use any coupons anymore. I made a couple different accounts with different emails, addresses & credit cards, but no dice.

got my copy today good condition no scratches/i was hesitant i might only get one disk but it did came all mint condition for this price 9.81 its steal will buy again from them

Never ordered from these guys before but figured it was worth a shot. In for New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $35. Says it's in excellent condition, so I guess we'll see....

I just received Batman Arkham Asylum, It's suppose to be Brand New, I payed 35 for it, pretty good deal right? But I notice the wrap was kinda weird so I opened the game & I found the game disc in really good condition but the Booklet was all worn out, in pretty bad shape, now I'm waiting for the Glyde envelope to send it back but I have to pay Half of the shipping amount, that sucks, If the game wasn't as described is not my fault, I'm never buying again from this site, prefer to wait until amazon, gogamer or some other reputable retailer has a good deal on this game

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']New coupon GLYDE5 takes off 5% of purchase. Really not great unless it is on more expensive purchases.[/QUOTE]

YEAH but IF YOU USE " GLYDE8 " You get 8% off :D

Hey does anyone know why my card keeps getting declined ? Is it because I am using a debit card ( because it says my CREDIT card is being decline ) . If anyone knows anything that would help thanks.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey does anyone know why my card keeps getting declined ? Is it because I am using a debit card ( because it says my CREDIT card is being decline ) . If anyone knows anything that would help thanks.[/QUOTE]

It did the same for me, you have to make sure you put your billing address exactly how it appears on your bank statement.

Example. I was putting 200 Rogers Rd Apt A, when I should have put 200 A Rogers Rd.

Hope this helps...

[quote name='CSKit']It did the same for me, you have to make sure you put your billing address exactly how it appears on your bank statement.

Example. I was putting 200 Rogers Rd Apt A, when I should have put 200 A Rogers Rd.

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap thanks sooo much , I cant believe it has to be seriously EXACTLY the same . I forgot to put a space between 2 of the words :/

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']New coupon GLYDE5 takes off 5% of purchase. Really not great unless it is on more expensive purchases.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']YEAH but IF YOU USE " GLYDE8 " You get 8% off :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. DTAKER3 still works ($3 off any purchase), though I think that's for first-time purchases. Depending on the size of the purchase that you want, see whether GLYDE8 or DTAKER3 will give you more savings.

Just ordered my first game yesterday from glyde. Said two weeks for shipping!?!?!?

Does it really take that long for those of you who've purchased?

[quote name='rcballer2123']Just ordered my first game yesterday from glyde. Said two weeks for shipping!?!?!?

Does it really take that long for those of you who've purchased?[/QUOTE]

somtimes less....sometimes more...here is a breakdown of my orders and when i placed and received them

Ordered 1/31 Delivered 2/6
Ordered 1/31 Delivered 2/5
Ordered 2/13 Delivered 2/22
Ordered 2/17 Delivered 2/24
Ordered 2/18 Delivered 2/27

[quote name='Drabelincoln']somtimes less....sometimes more...here is a breakdown of my orders and when i placed and received them

Ordered 1/31 Delivered 2/6
Ordered 1/31 Delivered 2/5
Ordered 2/13 Delivered 2/22
Ordered 2/17 Delivered 2/24
Ordered 2/18 Delivered 2/27[/QUOTE]

Thanks man :)

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']YEAH but IF YOU USE " GLYDE8 " You get 8% off :D[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I tried GLYDE8and it didn't work for me. Which is weird because I haven't had any trouble with any of the coupons in the past. GLYDE5 still works though.

Ordered Grandia 3 through Glyde in Excellent condition and it came yesterday, one day before the ETA. Everything looks fine (case, manual, disks). My card did get declined once but that was because I put in my billing address incorrectly and had to absolutely make sure it was the same as my statement.

Other than that, everything went without a hitch and I would certainly use Glyde again.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Hmmm... I tried GLYDE8and it didn't work for me. Which is weird because I haven't had any trouble with any of the coupons in the past. GLYDE5 still works though.[/QUOTE]

GLYDE8 is for first purchase only

Here's some new codes I found, I myself love Glyde...nothing but good things so far from them. If any of you are having doubts...use a 3 dollar off coupon on a cheap game...I picked up Lego Batman for 1.81 shipped...flawless case, manual and game.

MYCOUP3 3 Dollars off first purchase

MYCOUP10 10% OFF first purchase.

GLYDE5 5% OFF for returning users.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Here's some new codes I found, I myself love Glyde...nothing but good things so far from them. If any of you are having doubts...use a 3 dollar off coupon on a cheap game...I picked up Lego Batman for 1.81 shipped...flawless case, manual and game.

MYCOUP3 3 Dollars off first purchase

MYCOUP10 10% OFF first purchase.

GLYDE5 5% OFF for returning users.[/QUOTE]

wow which console thats good!

This site is pretty bitching good! With the coupon codes, the games are much cheaper than eBay or Amazon.

Yesterday I ordered Infinite Discovery for $6 shipped and today I ordered Front Mission 4 for $4.31 shipped. Both in excellent condition.

Can't wait to get 'em.

I sold a couple 360 games, and with the glyde8 code, I was able to get an "excellent" copy of Heavy Rain for $29. I'm happy :)

One of the 3 games I've sold so far has been in "delivery status has not been updated" status, after the status that it was "available at PO Box/out for delivery" that same day, of the past week. I contacted the customer service center at the post office, hopefully this gets cleared up.

I'm sure the guy already has the game, and like the other games I've sold, the buyers have been dicks who haven't noted that the game was fine when they got it. The other two items auto-paid after the time had passed (I'm so glad that mechanic is in place). I've always been responsible about updating that it's been fine as soon as I've gotten the chance to do so. I wish others would do the same.

What's the difference between "excellent' and "good"? There's a little "i" icon which presumably is suppose to explain, but clicking it does nothing. Do all their games come with case and manual?

Some of the prices are good, some of them aren't as good as gamestop after CAG16 and Edge, even with tax.

[quote name='crunchewy']What's the difference between "excellent' and "good"? There's a little "i" icon which presumably is suppose to explain, but clicking it does nothing. Do all their games come with case and manual?

Some of the prices are good, some of them aren't as good as gamestop after CAG16 and Edge, even with tax.[/QUOTE]

Excellent is suppose to be complete (manual and case) and have little damage to the product. It also says it shouldn't be a former rental. Good may or may not be absolutely complete and could be a little roughed up. And then there is disc-only.

I encountered what happens if the USPS loses the package during delivery, both the buyer and seller split the value. As the seller in this situation I'm kind of upset, I would never have sold and mailed the game knowing I would only get half the agreed value, but I can imagine the buyer would be even more irate, paying half the game value for a fat pile of nothing.

Oh well, the game was sold at $9.25 and GS would have only given 0.90 for it so I cant complain too much. My other ~10 transactions have all gone very smoothly and Id still recommend Glyde.

Yeah, stuff like that definitely turns me off of Glyde and makes me avoid listing anything worth more than $10, but as you alluded to, it is still a great, great place to dump stuff that you would get a dollar or two for elsewhere. I had a couple of PS2 games on my tradelist and got no bites. I put them on Glyde and got pretty much what I was asking for on CAG. And, of course, GS would have given me nothing for them, so it all works. If the stuff gets lost, or the buyer is a dirtbag, it will piss me off, but it won't be a massive loss.

So two of my buyers never accepted the game, so when it "timed out" I got my money. The third (well, the first one I sold), USPS didn't update, and it hadn't as of last night...but got paid this afternoon, as I was calling the post office to ask about it. That suggests the guy "accepted" it, whether it actually arrived then or whether it had been there for a while.

I just wish there were some decent working coupons for non-first-time buyers. I'm sure I'll find something good to use my credit on some time.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I am having my first bad experience on Glyde (my 2nd transaction).

I sold a brand new/sealed Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. It was described as new and sold as new. I mailed it out as soon as I got the envelope. I kept an eye on the tracking info and 4 days after the item was received I get a notification saying the game is being returned because it was "not as described". I'm sorry but sealed means sealed and now I am paying another $2.75 to pay for the return and losing the sale. This is now costing me $4 total.

Why do I feel like I just paid half of a rental fee, cause I fully expect to receive the game back unsealed. Sounds like the buyer got it..played it...found out they didn't like it and is returning it with false reasoning. And I have no recourse.

I immediately took all my games off the site.[/QUOTE]

Minor update on my issue.

It's been slightly over a week since I was notified of my return. I notice on my transaction page it only gives an ETA (which is a couple days from now) and no tracking info about the return. Which is odd to me. Why have tracking when the game is sold but not if it's returned? So I am totally in the dark about my games status.

I emailed Glyde 3 times over the week asking about this and other questions. I have received zero response.

I realize most of this thread is people working deals to buy games for real cheap, but I just want to keep my story updated just so that people know SELLER BEWARE.

I told them #1 if I receive my game back sealed (like I sent it) I should be refunded any shipping/fees cause I followed through on my end of the bargain and would be getting punished for a buyer being finicky. and #2 if the game comes back opened/used (and thus diminishing it's value in the process) I should be refunded any fees + reimbursement for the sale as that is pretty much fraud in my eyes. I'm not down with paying money out of my pocket so someone can game their system.

Do I expect them to make it right? No. But if either of those cases are true if/when I get my item back and they don't make it right I'll be filing with the BBB. If the game appears to have been damaged in shipping I guess I'll just have to eat it then. But I have never had any media I have shipped be damaged before.

Will update again once I receive my game back.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I encountered what happens if the USPS loses the package during delivery, both the buyer and seller split the value. As the seller in this situation I'm kind of upset, I would never have sold and mailed the game knowing I would only get half the agreed value, but I can imagine the buyer would be even more irate, paying half the game value for a fat pile of nothing.

Oh well, the game was sold at $9.25 and GS would have only given 0.90 for it so I cant complain too much. My other ~10 transactions have all gone very smoothly and Id still recommend Glyde.[/QUOTE]

dont see how they would work.. why wouldnt the buyer just file a dispute with their credit card company..

Sorry but if i buy a game for 30 bucks and it gets lost , there is no way im paying 15 for nothing

[quote name='TLPRIME']I realize most of this thread is people working deals to buy games for real cheap, but I just want to keep my story updated just so that people know SELLER BEWARE.[/QUOTE]

And I think most of us really appreciate it. For a moment or two, I definitely considered putting up a few things of decent value ($10+) that had good "market values" on Glyde, but I would rather lose a few dollars and sell it elsewhere.

So I got my copy of Sly 2: Band of Theives. It had 1 or 2 tiny tiny cratches that shouldnt effect the game and it cost me $3 and arrived in 5-6 days. Very happy.

[quote name='phantasyx']if I cancelled my account (if I can) do you think I could make a new one and get 3 dollars off something?[/QUOTE]

nope, not that i could find anyway

you can make multiple accounts...but it ties back to your credit card...if you have multiple CC's then make multiple accounts...once cc per each account and you can use the coupon

i just bought devil may cry 4(excellent cond) for 6.31 shipped.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I am having my first bad experience on Glyde (my 2nd transaction).

I sold a brand new/sealed Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. It was described as new and sold as new. I mailed it out as soon as I got the envelope. I kept an eye on the tracking info and 4 days after the item was received I get a notification saying the game is being returned because it was "not as described". I'm sorry but sealed means sealed and now I am paying another $2.75 to pay for the return and losing the sale. This is now costing me $4 total.

Why do I feel like I just paid half of a rental fee, cause I fully expect to receive the game back unsealed. Sounds like the buyer got it..played it...found out they didn't like it and is returning it with false reasoning. And I have no recourse.

I immediately took all my games off the site.

Minor update on my issue.

It's been slightly over a week since I was notified of my return. I notice on my transaction page it only gives an ETA (which is a couple days from now) and no tracking info about the return. Which is odd to me. Why have tracking when the game is sold but not if it's returned? So I am totally in the dark about my games status.

I emailed Glyde 3 times over the week asking about this and other questions. I have received zero response.

I realize most of this thread is people working deals to buy games for real cheap, but I just want to keep my story updated just so that people know SELLER BEWARE.

I told them #1 if I receive my game back sealed (like I sent it) I should be refunded any shipping/fees cause I followed through on my end of the bargain and would be getting punished for a buyer being finicky. and #2 if the game comes back opened/used (and thus diminishing it's value in the process) I should be refunded any fees + reimbursement for the sale as that is pretty much fraud in my eyes. I'm not down with paying money out of my pocket so someone can game their system.

Do I expect them to make it right? No. But if either of those cases are true if/when I get my item back and they don't make it right I'll be filing with the BBB. If the game appears to have been damaged in shipping I guess I'll just have to eat it then. But I have never had any media I have shipped be damaged before.

Will update again once I receive my game back.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE #2

I heard back from Glyde and they said the item doesn't show tracking info because apparently the buyer hasn't mailed me the return yet (8 days after the fact.)

Glyde also told me his complaint was "The game was obviously re-sealed and all the discs were very scratched." Ummmm no. It was a brand new game from Amazon.com so he's obviously full of crap.

Glyde has requested for the buyer to send them the game so they can inspect it and they have refunded me for all fees and also reimbursed me for the price of the sale. Sounds good by me so far.

It's a my word vs. his scenario, but since he claimed it not as described and still hasn't mailed me my game back it makes him look very suspicious and Glyde has sided with me for the time being. I'm not sure what, if anything, will change once they receive the game for their own inspection.

[quote name='TLPRIME']UPDATE #2

I heard back from Glyde and they said the item doesn't show tracking info because apparently the buyer hasn't mailed me the return yet (8 days after the fact.)

Glyde also told me his complaint was "The game was obviously re-sealed and all the discs were very scratched." Ummmm no. It was a brand new game from Amazon.com so he's obviously full of crap.

Glyde has requested for the buyer to send them the game so they can inspect it and they have refunded me for all fees and also reimbursed me for the price of the sale. Sounds good by me so far.

It's a my word vs. his scenario, but since he claimed it not as described and still hasn't mailed me my game back it makes him look very suspicious and Glyde has sided with me for the time being. I'm not sure what, if anything, will change once they receive the game for their own inspection.[/QUOTE]

I bet this guy took your disc and replaced it with his scratched up piece of crap of the same game.

Is everything on this site complete? I really want to order a certain Wii game but I don't know if it comes with the original case and manual...

bread's done
Back