Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this site many times and find it very easy and reliable. I think of it as ebay crossed with netflix. I would guess slow shipping would be the fault of the seller not specifically glyde.com

[quote name='lime451']I've used this site many times and find it very easy and reliable. I think of it as ebay crossed with netflix. I would guess slow shipping would be the fault of the seller not specifically glyde.com[/QUOTE]

Slow shipping is at least partially because the seller has to wait for a mailer to be shipped to them from glyde.com before they can send the game out. So there are already a few days of delay before the seller even can ship, not including any delay that the sellers themselves introduce into it. Like I said, it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work that well in reality.

I just put some games up for sale under the site. /collections/gamesave
I'll see what happens. Glyde Doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. Most of the games I put up (even popular ones) said I was the only copy. Secondly, some games can't be sold without any real explanation. It wouldn't let me sell "Infernal: Hell's Vengance"- granted, awful game but, I should be able to sell it to some unfortunate soul? Couldn't post Fallout 3 either.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']I just bought a normally $15 used game for $2 (that includes shipping) on glyde.com :D. I hope it's in good condition.[/QUOTE]

That awesome. I can't seem to find any games where the shipping is below 3.50.

[quote name='MrEKO73']That awesome. I can't seem to find any games where the shipping is below 3.50.[/QUOTE]

Use the coupon code FUSION. It takes $5 off your first purchase.

Huh....I ordered the game almost a week ago and today the ETA suddenly changed from 9/23 to 9/30 (a week later). Has this ever happened to anyone else?

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']Huh....I ordered the game almost a week ago and today the ETA suddenly changed from 9/23 to 9/30 (a week later). Has this ever happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I hope it wasn't a game you ordered from me...lol. I had a game envelope delayed in getting to me do to a address error in Glydes system. I have no way to know if Glyde contacted them and told them or if they are sitting on their hands waiting for the game. There are alot more steps involved in getting the games out compared to say, ebay or amazon. It seems perfect for sellers but a little bit of a wait for the buyers. But, at the same time there are some really good deals to be had especially, if you have a coupon.

[quote name='MrEKO73']I hope it wasn't a game you ordered from me...lol. I had a game envelope delayed in getting to me do to a address error in Glydes system. I have no way to know if Glyde contacted them and told them or if they are sitting on their hands waiting for the game. There are alot more steps involved in getting the games out compared to say, ebay or amazon. It seems perfect for sellers but a little bit of a wait for the buyers. But, at the same time there are some really good deals to be had especially, if you have a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Which game envelope got delayed for you? lol.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']Which game envelope got delayed for you? lol.[/QUOTE]

I had 6 games that all got delayed by about 2 days...Afro Samurai, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Eternal Sonata, COD:4 and Tomb Raider Legend- They were all for the 360- If any were yours they got mailed out yesterday. :)

[quote name='MrEKO73']I had 6 games that all got delayed by about 2 days...Afro Samurai, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Eternal Sonata, COD:4 and Tomb Raider Legend- They were all for the 360- If any were yours they got mailed out yesterday. :)[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o Those are all ones I ordered!......na just kidding, but I wish :lol:. I guess that would explain why my ETA got pushed back by a week, maybe they had some kind of universal system error. Thanks!

I ordered NBA Street Homecourt of 9/4 and still haven't received it, so I get an email asking if I got it and I said no and they cancelled my order and refunded the price into glyde credit, sad part is I used a debit card so you would think it would be put back on there instead of giving us credit for more terror purchases.

I will stick with buying from CAG members, they are much more trust worthy and the shipping doesn't take a lifetime, and I while I am at it I am not ordering from BuyNextGen anymore either, every one of my orders have been lost in the mail, first Prince of Persia and now Batman, WTF?!

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']I ordered NBA Street Homecourt of 9/4 and still haven't received it, so I get an email asking if I got it and I said no and they cancelled my order and refunded the price into glyde credit, sad part is I used a debit card so you would think it would be put back on there instead of giving us credit for more terror purchases.
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that they don't actually refund failed purchases. That sucks.

GREAT DEAL!!!! They have Condemned 2 PS3 for only $69 +shipping!!!! To think I paid $10 flat, no tax on Amazon on Black Friday... Seriously, prices are OK. Gamefly is MUCH cheaper.

[quote name='joeboosauce']GREAT DEAL!!!! They have Condemned 2 PS3 for only $69 +shipping!!!! To think I paid $10 flat, no tax on Amazon on Black Friday... Seriously, prices are OK. Gamefly is MUCH cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Much like half.com or Amazon, prices are set by the seller. It's not the site's fault if the seller is an idiot.

My son wants a copy of Sonic Heroes for the Game Cube.

For $4 and change, we'll see what happens.

Glyde actually came up in Google when looking for a decent price, and then I saw this thread.

I'll update when I get the game.

Surprisingly I just received my game even though the ETA for my order being changed to 9/30 made me think I was going to get it over a week from now. I ordered the game under excellent condition and it's definitely in excellent condition.

Sometimes at these kind of websites the seller exaggerates the condition of the game to make a little more money, but most of the sellers at glyde.com seem to be completely honest about what their selling. The game came with the instructions, original case, and even all the extra posters and crap that came with the game originally. The only complaints I have about the condition are that the game arrived with a dislodged disc and a cracked case that now doesn't close properly but all that happened during shipping, and plus I can't complain since I only spent $2 on it. The disc itself is scratch-free and hasn't been through any kind of machine.

So overall I had a great experience at glyde.com, although it seems like a site where you have to cross your fingers and hope you get your package within the next month since the site doesn't really notify the buyer when anything happens with their purchase. I think they should give the buyer their own DC number or at least let them know what's going on when the ETA to their order is pushed back by a week, but again I got a $15 used game for $2 shipped so I can't complain. In the end I was completely satisfied with my order and will probably use glyde.com again if I see another great deal.

[quote name='joeboosauce']GREAT DEAL!!!! They have Condemned 2 PS3 for only $69 +shipping!!!! To think I paid $10 flat, no tax on Amazon on Black Friday... Seriously, prices are OK. Gamefly is MUCH cheaper.[/QUOTE]

BTW they have a Condemned 2 for Xbox 360 for $6.25.
Too bad I already got it.

[quote name='Whipl50']My son wants a copy of Sonic Heroes for the Game Cube.

For $4 and change, we'll see what happens.

Glyde actually came up in Google when looking for a decent price, and then I saw this thread.

I'll update when I get the game.[/QUOTE]

Game came yesterday. Everything as advertised, game was in excellent shape. Very pleased with the transaction.:applause:

My Gears 2 disc was cracked at the inner ring, and I kept getting Disc Read Errors, I only have a 20 GB HDD with only 3.5 GB left open, so I couldn't install it, so I decided to buy a new copy.

I kept looking around for new and used copies, but everywhere I looked had it at $40/30. Then I found Glyde, found a used copy in excellent condition for $20+$3 shipping.

Just ordered, I'll update with the results when the game arrives.

[quote name='spoo']Anyone else having problems getting funds from glyde after the game was shipped a couple of weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

I have noticed you need to be a little patient some times since I believe the person that bought the game from you has yet to confirm it got to them. You will get your money soon though.

[quote name='Prepster']I have noticed you need to be a little patient some times since I believe the person that bought the game from you has yet to confirm it got to them. You will get your money soon though.[/QUOTE]

I sent Glyde an email and the package was lost in the mail. I got refunded half of the sale price. The uneasy thing is that Glyde never looked into the issue and never put a claim in the USPS too look into the issue. The package was lost when it was "out for delivery". That always means that the the postperson didn't scan the package when it was put in their mailbox. I filed a claim with USPS and meanwhile I got screwed $17 and the buyer got a game for half price. Glyde was too quick to settle with the buyer.

[quote name='spoo']I sent Glyde an email and the package was lost in the mail. I got refunded half of the sale price. The uneasy thing is that Glyde never looked into the issue and never put a claim in the USPS too look into the issue. The package was lost when it was "out for delivery". That always means that the the postperson didn't scan the package when it was put in their mailbox. I filed a claim with USPS and meanwhile I got screwed $17 and the buyer got a game for half price. Glyde was too quick to settle with the buyer.[/QUOTE]

Seems like that's been happening a lot lately. I had two go "missing" on the same day. I don't know what Glyde is doing now that media mail is disallowed for video games; maybe the USPS is just keeping all of these missing packages.

[quote name='spoo']I sent Glyde an email and the package was lost in the mail. I got refunded half of the sale price. The uneasy thing is that Glyde never looked into the issue and never put a claim in the USPS too look into the issue. The package was lost when it was "out for delivery". That always means that the the postperson didn't scan the package when it was put in their mailbox. I filed a claim with USPS and meanwhile I got screwed $17 and the buyer got a game for half price. Glyde was too quick to settle with the buyer.[/QUOTE]

Glyde made it right and gave me the rest of the money from the sell. Don't hesitate to use them.

Ordered Lair for PS3 just to test how this worked out. FUSION and FRIENDS didn't work, but FRIEND ($3 off) did.

Received it exactly when they said it'd arrive (evening of the 16th). Game had a number of finger prints on it, but no damage to either the case or disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone still uses this site, code "HAITI" works through today for $3 off ANY purchase (reusable as well), and if you've never purchased for them before "HAITI5" is good for $5 off your first purchase. All proceeds go to the Red Cross.

I've gotten today:
-Halo 2 ($3.64 shipped)
-Lego Batman ($1.06 shipped)

Well, I bought Elite Beat Agents for 30 cents shipped. I'm not sure about the game, from the very short amount of it I played in a store one time...but at 30 cents, I think it's worth a shot.

[quote name='Mizzou75']If anyone still uses this site, code "HAITI" works through today for $3 off ANY purchase (reusable as well), and if you've never purchased for them before "HAITI5" is good for $5 off your first purchase. All proceeds go to the Red Cross.

I've gotten today:
-Halo 2 ($3.64 shipped)
-Lego Batman ($1.06 shipped)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the coupon code - I got Manhunt 2 for the PS2 for 1.81 shipped with Haiti5, might see if I find any cheap deals for the regular haiti coupon.

I had a question, I click on a game and it says "buy now" which takes me to checkout. How do I simply add it to my cart? I can't even find where to view the cart.

[quote name='kobeisgod']I had a question, I click on a game and it says "buy now" which takes me to checkout. How do I simply add it to my cart? I can't even find where to view the cart.[/QUOTE]

This was tricky for me too - but you can not add to cart - if you want to use the coupon there is a little gray lettering under the "buy now" part that asks "Have a coupon?" and you click there to apply the coupon.

[quote name='Mizzou75']If anyone still uses this site, code "HAITI" works through today for $3 off ANY purchase (reusable as well), and if you've never purchased for them before "HAITI5" is good for $5 off your first purchase. All proceeds go to the Red Cross.

I've gotten today:
-Halo 2 ($3.64 shipped)
-Lego Batman ($1.06 shipped)[/QUOTE]
I bet that 4.70 takes the Red Cross far. All kidding aside thanks for this. Picked up a couple of DS games for ~$2 each (Lost in Blue 2, Magical Starsign). Hard to go wrong at those prices.

[quote name='Skydude']Well, I bought Elite Beat Agents for 30 cents shipped. I'm not sure about the game, from the very short amount of it I played in a store one time...but at 30 cents, I think it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've never bought a game for under a $1 :hot:

BTW thx OP, I found a couple of game that I was looking for :) .

thx i landed

spiderman 2 XB
ultimate spiderman XB
just cause XB
splintercell XB
wwe svsr 2006 PS2
Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3
and Old School on DVD
all for like 9 bucks toward Haiti relief
thx

someone keep an eye out on the next glyde coupon...

I never found a place on site that advertised haiti promo....where are thier coupon codes advertised?

i wanna get on the next deal :)

there was 2 codes 1 was for 1st time users...the other one was for 3 dollars off...most of the games i bought were already like 25 cents (older titles)

[quote name='josh62488']there was 2 codes 1 was for 1st time users...the other one was for 3 dollars off...most of the games i bought were already like 25 cents (older titles)[/QUOTE]

They must have sold out then. I've been looking for games for less than a dollar but have not found many. I have bought a few for under 3 bucks shipped - mostly older x-box and ps2 titles - but I figure it is less than the price of shipping and the haiti thing makes it a win win. I wish they let you sort the games by price. Make it easier.

[quote name='josh62488']thx i landed

spiderman 2 XB
ultimate spiderman XB
just cause XB
splintercell XB
wwe svsr 2006 PS2
Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3
and Old School on DVD
all for like 9 bucks toward Haiti relief
thx

someone keep an eye out on the next glyde coupon...

I never found a place on site that advertised haiti promo....where are thier coupon codes advertised?

i wanna get on the next deal :)[/QUOTE]

I just check their twitter. www.twitter.com/glyde

They seem to have a coupon once a month or so.

just to understand better.
I buy an item
glyde confirms with the seller and sends them packing material with postage paid and tracking
they let me know what that tracking number is
then once seller gets the glyde packing material, they send out the game

right? or does glyde not tell/confirm with a seller their item has been purchased?

I'm pretty sure Glyde just says "hey your item sold, we're sending you a prepaid mailer, send the game out when you get it." Once they send out the prepaid mailer, they'll post your tracking number on your "Transactions" page.

Once you get the item, Glyde will e-mail you asking if everything is ok, and you'll log back into your account and select "Accept" if you're happy or "Reject" if you aren't. I've purchased 8 games from them, got 6 of them, and all 6 of them have gotten here complete and in fine (though obviously used) condition. I also sold a game and it went smoothly as well.

Well, I just got my first two games and man I have to bump this thread because I couldn't be happier with the service, the interface, etc. Sure the price with the coupon was great and I will likely let the CAGian in me wait for a coupon before I order again, but this site has a lot of potential if you ask me. The whole uniform envelope sending thing adds a few days to the turn around time, but the way the track your games and let you know when things arrive, etc. is just top notch.

bread's done
Back