Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
twitter.com/glyde

Glyde will either post codes on their twitter or post a link to an article or some sort of website promo featuring them - if you click that link they usually will have some sort of code mentioned at the end of whatever article they link to.

The UGO code was mentioned at the end of the UGO article about Glyde.

[quote name='josh62488']hey anyone know if theres a way to contact seller directly?
theres a game i really want...the condition is listed as "good" but im concerned it wont come with original case and art...am I just gonna have to take the risk or is there a way to confirm product details.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, No. I've been selling on Glyde since October of last year. And there is absolute Zero communication between buyer and seller. I would just wait for the "Excellent" copy or shop somewhere else if you're in a hurry to buy.

I think good means case and art are included, but the manual may not be included. I ordered some good condition games and they came complete, but I assume it is a gamble.

If I paypal someone about 30$, there are 2 games I want to purchase but not debit/credit card, maybe someone who has paypal VCC can just use that buy the 2 games, and use my address for the shipping part, also would prefer someone that hasn't used the 3$ off codes yet, I know of 3 UGO, Kotaku, dtaker3. if you can then send a PM

Picked up pure about a week ago. Transaction still pending in my account:

Thank you for purchasing "Pure". Your game should arrive by the end of next week.
Purchase Date Sunday February 14, 2010 @ 2:37pm
Game Pure (Xbox 360)
Game Price $4.25
Shipping $3.81
Coupon -$3.00
Total $5.06
Like where the site is going, but the wait and see game is a bit off putting since your in the dark. I guess if the transaction comes out the game is on the way or something. I dunno this is just a test buy really. ;) Will report back how it goes and condition etc.

I'm impressed with this site so far. Picked up GH World Tour cheap, then decided to try to sell a game, Lair, which sold in less than 24 hours.

The whole process has been very efficient and satisfactory to this point. I really like getting a mailer shipped, I don't have time to deal with shipping counters, packaging, and store hours.

I decided to list a few more games I've been hesitant to trade to GS.

Glyde is ok. There is no contact between the buyer and sellet. Bought Waw from there a while back. I didn't get confirmation that it shipped until 5 days after it was estimated to arrive. They gave me a concrete date of when to expect it right after I ordered. To claim that " it should arrive sometime before the end of next week" seem more reasonable considering the way transactions are handled on Glyde. I had almost given up on getting my game and had no way to inquire about it.

[quote name='popsandwich']Glyde is ok. There is no contact between the buyer and sellet. Bought Waw from there a while back. I didn't get confirmation that it shipped until 5 days after it was estimated to arrive. They gave me a concrete date of when to expect it right after I ordered. To claim that " it should arrive sometime before the end of next week" seem more reasonable considering the way transactions are handled on Glyde. I had almost given up on getting my game and had no way to inquire about it.[/QUOTE]Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. The money for the transaction I made on the 14th just came out today (was pending) And yet, I have no idea when to expect or even know if it's on it's way or not. Thats why I only made a small purchase this time. Lessen the blow if this doesn't pan out right.

EDIT: I'm a moron. They have a transactions section in your account. There you will find the trackin info on whatever you ordered. DOH! it may take 48 hrs to see transaction, and a bit longer for tracking # depending on seller.

here's a look at kotaku's results from the first glyde article. Also talks about how glyde is going to improve shipping times and buyer/seller interaction
http://kotaku.com/5476083/the-day-gamers-took-over-reselling-epilogue

I had my first bad experience with them... ordered Unreal 2 for the x-box in "Excellent" condition - got mailed a case where the cover art was water damaged and white in places, no manual, and CD scratched beyond playability.

Tried to go through their "transactions" policy, but apparently I didn't pay enough for it for it to matter so they just told me "keep the game, sorry, we'll make a record of this"

I think the system is flawed in that it doesn't differentiate between minor disagreements in quality (let's say how many scratches before a game is in "good" condition but still playable) and sellers like mine who apparently are just using the system to get rid of their unplayable crappy games.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but coupon code: KOTAKU gives $3.00 off

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I had my first bad experience with them... ordered Unreal 2 for the x-box in "Excellent" condition - got mailed a case where the cover art was water damaged and white in places, no manual, and CD scratched beyond playability.

Tried to go through their "transactions" policy, but apparently I didn't pay enough for it for it to matter so they just told me "keep the game, sorry, we'll make a record of this"

I think the system is flawed in that it doesn't differentiate between minor disagreements in quality (let's say how many scratches before a game is in "good" condition but still playable) and sellers like mine who apparently are just using the system to get rid of their unplayable crappy games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is definitely an issue, and one that they will need to iron out if they ever get big enough. Because the bigger they get, the more people who will know about it, and that means more dirtbags pulling what your seller did: just using Glyde as a means to get rid of garbage for a few bucks, knowing that the site won't do anything to them until they probably pull it off a number of times.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']If I paypal someone about 30$, there are 2 games I want to purchase but not debit/credit card, maybe someone who has paypal VCC can just use that buy the 2 games, and use my address for the shipping part, also would prefer someone that hasn't used the 3$ off codes yet, I know of 3 UGO, Kotaku, dtaker3. if you can then send a PM[/QUOTE]

still would like help, prefer someone with atleast 10+ feedback if Im sending first, had an offer from aguy but 0 feedback turned me away

[quote name='mook8515']Anyone get any really cheap games with the KOTAKU code? I'm trying to find one, just to test this out.[/QUOTE]

I already bought a bunch of budget titles from Glyde, Viva Pinata for 2.81 shipped, Spiderman Friend or Foe for 1.81 shipped. After I received those two I went back and bought 4 more

after 3.00 coupon

psp
Buzz! Master Quiz 3.30 shipped

ds
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside around 20 shipped
simcity 6.50 shipped
Jam Sessions 3.00 shipped

PS2
Resident Evil 4 4 shipped no book

Just ordered an excellent condition Yakuza 2 for PS2. I want to play the full game and not the edited junk that Sega is calling Yakuza 3.

A little higher than I would have expected($30) but pretty close to Ebay($30-$50) I would have bought it from Gamestop($20) but no where close had it in stock and I do not buy from used from gamestop.com due to no guarantee of box and instructions. Wish me luck. :)

[quote name='Huggybear1688']If I paypal someone about 30$, there are 2 games I want to purchase but not debit/credit card, maybe someone who has paypal VCC can just use that buy the 2 games, and use my address for the shipping part, also would prefer someone that hasn't used the 3$ off codes yet, I know of 3 UGO, Kotaku, dtaker3. if you can then send a PM[/QUOTE]

I would help you, but without proof of your trustworthiness it would be a gamble for me. Considering that you could just file a claim after someone bought the games for you.

Can anyone explain this? I looked at the "Buy" price for a game, and then looked at what I could sell it for. The Buy price for "Excellent" was $13, but it would only let me sell a copy in Excellent condition for $10.25 (max). The game is FEAR Files.

Unless this gets really big, I can't see an advantage for sellers over Ebay. I sell at least as much as I buy.

You can set whatever price you like. The default price is the "market value," however they determine that.

I've noticed that a lot of games are not as cheap as they are listed. I was looking for a cheap game before to try the coupon code out on, but a lot of them had a lowest price that was a $1 or $2 higher than what showed up on the search page.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You can set whatever price you like. The default price is the "market value," however they determine that.[/QUOTE]

The reason I said it wouldn't let me sell a copy for over $10.25, is because IT WOULDN'T. It has a max price, and WILL NOT, let you sell an item for more than that.

You can't "set whatever price you like".

Half.com does everything Glyde does, plus more. Glyde does have a really nice interface however, while Half.com has the same interface they had 10 years ago.

Glyde has a horrible interface. It looks pretty but its not functional. Navigating through the site and searching for something that I want by price and availability is much more difficult than it should be.

The thing I like most (on the buying side) is the fact that they sell you the cheapest copy first.

I was looking for ICO earlier in the day yesterday, and a disc-only copy was $35. Excellent was $42.50.

Checked back later when I had decided I was gonna order it anyway, and apparently someone had listed an Excellent copy for $34. Snagged it for $34.18 after KOTAKU code.

Now I don't have to go to GameStop for it. F'n right.

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra']The reason I said it wouldn't let me sell a copy for over $10.25, is because IT WOULDN'T. It has a max price, and WILL NOT, let you sell an item for more than that.

You can't "set whatever price you like".

Half.com does everything Glyde does, plus more. Glyde does have a really nice interface however, while Half.com has the same interface they had 10 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Meh...with the $3 codes everything I have bought on Glyde is about half the price of stuff on Half.com. I have only been buying like $2-4 games though, once you get into buying games that cost more I'm sure many other websites are the better way to go.

Received Pure today (ordered on 14th) Case and instruction book are in good condition. (the book has clear tape on the spine, staples are still intact not sure why its there) And the disc has light scratches on it but installed to HDD with no issues.

Very positive first test experience with glyde. Had I not gotten Crackdown new for $5 from newegg awhile back, I'd say this is best $5 I've spent. Having just checked the game out, I think it's money well spent. :)

I have already placed 2 more orders for Mass Effect ($12 after -$3 UGO code) and Dirt 2 ($18 but no more $3 off codes makes it $22 after shipping, still haven't seen it online anywhere at that price used) Both items listed as excellent condition. here's hoping for similiar quality in service and product.

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra']The reason I said it wouldn't let me sell a copy for over $10.25, is because IT WOULDN'T. It has a max price, and WILL NOT, let you sell an item for more than that.

You can't "set whatever price you like".[/QUOTE]

How about you not act like a douchebag when someone tries to help you? I've risen the prices on a number of items before hitting this ceiling they put up. He probably never noticed it on the items he sold. He wasn't a douche to you. Don't act like one to him. It shows maturity.

Got order and I'm not too happy. It was for a disk only audio cd, but the bottom of the disk has a ton of scratches on it many of which are deep and really nasty looking. I certainly wasn't expecting perfection but I'm not even sure if the disk will play.

I bought a cheap game to test this site out, and it will be my last purchase from Glyde. I ordered Crackdown in "excellent" conditon. It arrived in about 7-8 days, which is fine, and the case and manuals were all in great condition. It even still had the 48-hour Xbox live trial. BUT the disc itself was nowhere near excellent, it had several deep scratches and it won't even install on my HDD. Luckily it was only $5 so I'll just take it as a loss. Oh well, there's always Ebay.

[quote name='darkskill']I bought a cheap game to test this site out, and it will be my last purchase from Glyde. I ordered Crackdown in "excellent" conditon. It arrived in about 7-8 days, which is fine, and the case and manuals were all in great condition. It even still had the 48-hour Xbox live trial. BUT the disc itself was nowhere near excellent, it had several deep scratches and it won't even install on my HDD. Luckily it was only $5 so I'll just take it as a loss. Oh well, there's always Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I sent an email complaining to customer service about how sellers are not held accountable for purposefully sending unplayable product and they gave me a credit for the price paid and a coupon... I ended up ordering the same game again and I hope this time it comes OK.

Yo enter the coupon code on the little screen right before you confirm the purchase. Like if you click a game on the right hand side the different available copies pop up and under that it will say something like "Apply a Coupon" or "Have a Coupon"

[quote name='darkskill']I bought a cheap game to test this site out, and it will be my last purchase from Glyde. I ordered Crackdown in "excellent" conditon. It arrived in about 7-8 days, which is fine, and the case and manuals were all in great condition. It even still had the 48-hour Xbox live trial. BUT the disc itself was nowhere near excellent, it had several deep scratches and it won't even install on my HDD. Luckily it was only $5 so I'll just take it as a loss. Oh well, there's always Ebay.[/QUOTE]

go back and let them know, there is a transactions link after you're logged in...you can click yes for the item was acceptable or no. I'm pretty sure you have recourse here. I haven't had any problems with anything I've purchased from Glyde. 3 games so far and all have been in excellent conditionl

[quote name='Drabelincoln']go back and let them know, there is a transactions link after you're logged in...you can click yes for the item was acceptable or no. I'm pretty sure you have recourse here. I haven't had any problems with anything I've purchased from Glyde. 3 games so far and all have been in excellent conditionl[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that but I would've ended up with only about $2.50 refund. I cleaned the disc thoroughly and got it to install on the hard drive. They also apologized and sent me a $3 off coupon. So maybe I will give them another chance if I see a good deal.

Subscribe to RETAILMENOT.com and you'll have these kinds of deals e-mailed directly to you (in fact, I saw this one there). There are also deals such as $2 off your first purchase. I think Firefox might have an add-on for this free service, too. (www.retailmenot.com)

Ordered Assassins Creed on 2/15 and got it yesterday 2/22.

Ordered in Excellent Condition which is described as: "Disc plays perfectly. May have minor scratches. Case has no more than a few minor scratches. No damage to game instructions. No personal markings. Not a previous rental."

Case: Excellent - Just as described.
Manual: Excellent - Only a small bend at the bottom.
Disc: Excellent - No major scratches.

I'm so confused someone sent me a CD, but never used DC so it never listed as shipped. How do I close the transaction so he can get paid? Since the system thinks he hasn't sent yet.

So he just sent it to you and didn't wait for the Glyde envelope? That's really weird. Maybe contact their customer service and see if they can close it.

[quote name='Mizzou75']So he just sent it to you and didn't wait for the Glyde envelope? That's really weird. Maybe contact their customer service and see if they can close it.[/QUOTE]

Can a seller even see the address before getting the envelope? I sold something and have been waiting on the envelope to mail it out for the past 5 days now.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']Subscribe to RETAILMENOT.com and you'll have these kinds of deals e-mailed directly to you (in fact, I saw this one there). There are also deals such as $2 off your first purchase. I think Firefox might have an add-on for this free service, too. (www.retailmenot.com)[/QUOTE]
Actually I was the one who put up the UGO coupon there. RetailMeNot isn't all that dependable IMO if I had to put up a coupon that had already existed for a few days.

bread's done
Back