Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SV11bucksfan']Why is MLB '10: The Show $79.99 or $82.47 Shipped? Thats $20 over retail!!![/QUOTE]

New Releases can be set to like $90 by the seller. It wont hold at the price. All it takes is one seller to sell it at a lower price point and that will become the new market price. Most new games go for around 51-58 dollars.

[quote name='CSKit']Just had my first hiccup with Glyde, I sold a brand new copy of Xenosaga for $30 and I just received a report that it was being returned to me. I'm hoping the asshole didn't open before deciding he didn't want to pay for it.

Does anyone know of a way to contact Glyde via phone, I can't find a number and would love to speak with someone there. This is BS, don't risk selling new games there.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, the seller didn't open it. I take photos of all of my sealed copies incase the seller marks the game as "not as described". I haven't had this happen to me yet but, its better to be safe than sorry.

Coustomer service usually will get a hold of you via email with 24 hours. There is no phone number on the site but I'm sure they will send you one if you request it. From what I can tell Customer service really only consist of about 2 people- Nick and Linda. I find when I put "NICK" in my subject heading I usually get a really quick response.

I've now had 100 transactions with Glyde (almost all selling) and I've never not recieved back a shipping charge when its the coustomers fault.

Just paid $6 for Crackdown Shipped (before noticing that the coupon code for Glyde2 would work.. KOTAKU is invalid for me)

Let you guys know how it turns out, estimated arrival 4/1

[quote name='MrEKO73']Hopefully, the seller didn't open it. I take photos of all of my sealed copies incase the seller marks the game as "not as described". I haven't had this happen to me yet but, its better to be safe than sorry.

Coustomer service usually will get a hold of you via email with 24 hours. There is no phone number on the site but I'm sure they will send you one if you request it. From what I can tell Customer service really only consist of about 2 people- Nick and Linda. I find when I put "NICK" in my subject heading I usually get a really quick response.

I've now had 100 transactions with Glyde (almost all selling) and I've never not recieved back a shipping charge when its the coustomers fault.[/QUOTE]

I'll be taking pictures and making a video of me sealing my new items from now on.

I've received e-mails from customer service, I've gotten my shipping charge refunded to me, but I am still paying for the shipping materials. I asked for a phone number and haven't heard back from "Bryan".

This is my 13th transaction with two more en-route, for 15 total. If the item comes back opened and Glyde doesn't feel the need to make the individual pay at least half, what I'd be losing for new to excellent, then I'll be severing all ties to Glyde.

Thanks for the advice.

Just impulse bought Infinite Undiscovery. With the first timer coupon it was less than half what Gamestop is charging, and I consider that a victory in my book.
Even though I'm pretty sure "Undiscovery" isn't a real word, and expect that to get on my nerves at some point. Oh well.

[quote name='CSKit']Just had my first hiccup with Glyde, I sold a brand new copy of Xenosaga for $30 and I just received a report that it was being returned to me. I'm hoping the asshole didn't open before deciding he didn't want to pay for it.

Does anyone know of a way to contact Glyde via phone, I can't find a number and would love to speak with someone there. This is BS, don't risk selling new games there.[/QUOTE]

I just had my first hiccup with Glyde as well. The buyer purchased my game while I was sleeping and when I woke up I have two emails in my inbox. One telling me how sorry Glyde is that I refused to ship the game, and another from a Glyde rep telling me the customer canceled the order and the system glitched and so since they already charged my card for the mailer they are depositing the money for the Mailer in my account. At least they fixed the problem before I even had to contact them, but that buyer is a douche for canceling the order after buying it.

[quote name='CSKit']There are ways around it, check out Ship it APO, it works. I was getting stuff mailed to me when I was stationed in Iraq and Germany, like anything to an APO expect to add almost a week onto shipping time.[/QUOTE]

yea, I've actually used them before (when i was in iraq). Being at home, however, to me it's kinda a pain in the ass to pay extra shipping and wait a bit longer. At least for sites like this. Thanks though!

So on day 2 past my ETA, status still "info electronically sent". This was my first buy from Glyde, for those who have used the site a couple of dozen times do they hit their ETA usually? Is this common?

[quote name='skop4321']So on day 2 past my ETA, status still "info electronically sent". This was my first buy from Glyde, for those who have used the site a couple of dozen times do they hit their ETA usually? Is this common?[/QUOTE]

It could mean that the mailer is taking an oddly long time to reach the seller, the seller is sitting on the mailer/unable to ship right away, or that USPS just never scanned the delivery confirmation on the seller's envelope.

Same thing happened with the one game I've ordered (Bioshock 2) and I got about two weeks after ordering.

[quote name='skop4321']So on day 2 past my ETA, status still "info electronically sent". This was my first buy from Glyde, for those who have used the site a couple of dozen times do they hit their ETA usually? Is this common?[/QUOTE]

ETA is based on the assumption the seller will mail out the package 24 hours after receiving it. You probably got a lazy seller.

ETA is just that...estimated time of arrival. The mailer might have taken a day longer to get to the seller. He might have taken a few times to actually mail it. And it might be taking a day or two longer to get to you. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with the USPS and sellers that really have no reason to rush (being as there is no feedback system), this can happen.

Thanks callandor/cskit, does glyde eventually give up and contact me saying its not gonna happen or is it on me after so much time to email them saying I never got my order? I figured its USPS so i would at least wait the standard 7-14, just wondering.

[quote name='skop4321']Thanks callandor/cskit, does glyde eventually give up and contact me saying its not gonna happen or is it on me after so much time to email them saying I never got my order? I figured its USPS so i would at least wait the standard 7-14, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Well, if 14 days have passed and the tracking hasn't updated/you haven't received the game, I'd email their CS.

[quote name='skop4321']Thanks callandor/cskit, does glyde eventually give up and contact me saying its not gonna happen or is it on me after so much time to email them saying I never got my order? I figured its USPS so i would at least wait the standard 7-14, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

You can always e-mail them to ask questions, after someone makes a purchase it usually takes the Glyde shipping materials four business days to reach me and about the same to reach the buyer, the buyer then has two days to pay or return based on satisfaction. I live on a military post, so I'm not sure if that affects in or out-going mail.

Got Heavy rain for ~$38 and received it after ~1 week. Game even included the original receipt.

I do agree that perhaps they could take the product name/description off the envelope. It makes me nervous knowing the mailer has a large 'HEAVY RAIN - EXCELLENT CONDITION' on the front of it.

So my status finally changed, Ordered Assassin's Creed 3/12, the seller shipped it 3/22. Two days after my ETA of 3/20. Now it says will arrive 3/24.....we'll see.

it took me a while as a seller to recieve those mailers, so if its coming late just know that it only takes us 2 seconds to seal the game and throw it in the nearest Post office box. Were probably itchin to get it to you to get paid.

If you ever do get an excellent game that looks like crap, like it has legitimate cosmetic damage, what can you do about it?

I mean, if there were several vendors to choose from, you may have chosen incorrectly and gotten screwed, right? I'm just wondering, since I ordered an "Excellent" condition game, but they had several cheaper "Good" ones.

[quote name='GuardianE']If you ever do get an excellent game that looks like crap, like it has legitimate cosmetic damage, what can you do about it?[/QUOTE]

Return it. You eat half the shipping cost (a couple of bucks), though, so it's an already really cheap game, it might be worth it just to keep it.

Got my "new" condition Chrono Trigger today. It was opened, missing the manual. The case is mint, and the cartridge has average wear and tear on it. The seller left a note saying that they did NOT list it as new, but glyde seemed to think they did, and included $10 inside the bubble mailer. I paid $18 (shipping included) for it, so with the $10 the seller refunded me I paid $8 total. Not really sure what I should do, any suggestions?

[quote name='sunghost']Got my "new" condition Chrono Trigger today. It was opened, missing the manual. The case is mint, and the cartridge has average wear and tear on it. The seller left a note saying that they did NOT list it as new, but glyde seemed to think they did, and included $10 inside the bubble mailer. I paid $18 (shipping included) for it, so with the $10 the seller refunded me I paid $8 total. Not really sure what I should do, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Chrono Trigger for $8 is a good deal, with or without the manual. I'd keep it.

Alright, thanks guys.. I'm gonna keep it. It's also strange because Glyde changed the ETA today from the 24th to the 27th. Got changed once before from the 23rd to the 24th..

Only thing I hate, I've sold a few things on Glyde, once the item arrives, the buyer has to "okay" the package.. And in a couple instances, they just happen to forget to okay the item, so after a few days, it goes into my account regardless, but still, you'd think the buyer could be a little quicker on the whole process :\ Because I don't get the money into my account until they say the package is alright and in the right condition..

I got Bayonetta and Darksiders, says ETA: 3/30. I got the "excellent" version, saying it wasn't a former rental or whatever. Does this mean it comes straight from Glyde? Or is it still coming from someone else?
What happens if I am unhappy with the quality with either of them, I just tell glyde and they do what to fix it?
(Just for future reference, hoping nothing bad happens).

[quote name='Empyreal']I got Bayonetta and Darksiders, says ETA: 3/30. I got the "excellent" version, saying it wasn't a former rental or whatever. Does this mean it comes straight from Glyde? Or is it still coming from someone else?
What happens if I am unhappy with the quality with either of them, I just tell glyde and they do what to fix it?
(Just for future reference, hoping nothing bad happens).[/QUOTE]

Come from s person itself , .......i think

Order finally came...with a note from sender apologizing they were out of town when the mailer came. I would say very close to excellent cond. as described. An $8 Assassin's Creed...even with the hiccup game came in 10 days. glyde can have my business again my wife is gonna hate me.

[quote name='Empyreal']I got Bayonetta and Darksiders, says ETA: 3/30. I got the "excellent" version, saying it wasn't a former rental or whatever. Does this mean it comes straight from Glyde? Or is it still coming from someone else?[/QUOTE]

Nothing will ever come from Glyde, always a person.

[quote name='Empyreal']What happens if I am unhappy with the quality with either of them, I just tell glyde and they do what to fix it?
(Just for future reference, hoping nothing bad happens).[/QUOTE]

If it isn't as described, let Glyde know and they will send you shipper to return it to the original seller. Glyde will decide who pays what.

sorry for the crappy question but do you have to purchase everything one item at a time? I'd like to buy a few things and possibly combine shipping if possible. Is that possible?

[quote name='riskzero']sorry for the crappy question but do you have to purchase everything one item at a time? I'd like to buy a few things and possibly combine shipping if possible. Is that possible?[/QUOTE]

no it's not possible.. every item is coming from a different seller, so the shipment can't be combined.

[quote name='sunghost']no it's not possible.. every item is coming from a different seller, so the shipment can't be combined.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply appreciated :)

Okay so I just listed a game for sale. If it does sell, do I transfer the money directly to my bank account or do I have to use paypal?

[quote name='Virsago']Okay so I just listed a game for sale. If it does sell, do I transfer the money directly to my bank account or do I have to use paypal?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can do it through paypal, but you can just request a check through the mail and they only take I believe $1 or $2 out to do that.

[quote name='mikespit1']Any idea why this site doesnt have Motorstorm pacific rift listed?[/QUOTE]

Because no one is selling it.

EDIT: Errr, I don't know why it's not in their database. Usually games that aren't available for sale are still available to add to your collection (new releases). Even the PSP Motorstorm Arctic Edge is there...

One feature I would suggest would be, if you buy a game, to allow you to see other games also for sale from a seller, and decrease shipping costs both for you and for them.

I mean, Glyde wouldn't do it, since they would make slightly less money themselves that way I would imagine, but it would be good for the consumers. But since it wouldn't help them, like I said, they likely wouldn't do it.

[quote name='Virsago']Okay so I just listed a game for sale. If it does sell, do I transfer the money directly to my bank account or do I have to use paypal?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can have it go directly to your bank account. When they refunded me my shipping costs I thought I had them send it to my bank, here is the transaction record in Glyde.

Glyde Wire Transfer ($3.81 bank deposit)

Just got Borderlands in the mail. I've been trying to get my hands on this game for so long. The box, manual, and disc are perfect. Got it for $39.xx with coupon.

Hrm, are we sure that glyde doesn't ship games? I notice on the mailer the postage paid was from the same area code as glyde, 94301 and I got my game 2 days after I placed my order. It doesn't seem possible for someone to get the mailer and then get the game to me in a 2 day period.

That being said, I was very impressed with not just the speed but the quality of the game I got. I ordered Saints Row and it looked brand new minus factory seal. There is not one scratch on the disc or the case.

[quote name='xboxsox']Hrm, are we sure that glyde doesn't ship games? I notice on the mailer the postage paid was from the same area code as glyde, 94301 and I got my game 2 days after I placed my order. It doesn't seem possible for someone to get the mailer and then get the game to me in a 2 day period.

That being said, I was very impressed with not just the speed but the quality of the game I got. I ordered Saints Row and it looked brand new minus factory seal. There is not one scratch on the disc or the case.[/QUOTE]

No, they do not. They ship their own prepaid mailers to the seller so they can control the shipping. They themselves sell no games at all, they are essentially just a middleman in the transaction.

Hrmm alright, it just seems odd because the postage paid for is from the same zip code, but maybe all their mailers have their zip code on it. Seems techincally like mail fraud if that's the case. Or maybe the seller was actually from Pao Alto also. All I know is order from CA (according to the mailer) to NY took two days, seems kinda tough to accomplish with a middleman (the seller).

Either way, extremely happy.

bread's done
Back