Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, all the mailers have their zip code on them. I noticed that when I shipped a game out once. I doubt it would be anything fraudulent, because first-class mail does not go by zones, like priority. Doesn't really matter where you are shipping from. It's all the same price, depending on the weight.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt that maybe Glyde has some games that they ship out, in order to bolster the site's inventory and strum up business. After all, it wouldn't be tough to go to a Sears and score some cheap clearance games.

WOW, I have sold several games through Glyde, and the first time I make a purchase, I forget to use a damn discount code!! I FAIL as a CAG!!

i e-mailed them about metal gear solid 4 not being listed about a month ago. i'm still waiting for them to add it into their system. i've sold over 30 products on the site and only had 1 problem with a buyer never picking up his item at the post office, so it was never technically "delivered". after about 3 weeks, glyde ended up giving me the credit though. i'm on my first experience trying to buy something and it doesn't look good. ordered on 3/22 and the seller still hasn't sent out the game.

Is there a faster way at looking at the deals? I clicked next about 30 times and i had enough. The whole new thing seems cool if you got patience and time but man does it take a long time. They should at least add options to pick a,b,c and alpha sorting. I would even dig lowest price first and up. I dig some prices i seen but man i doubt i will go back looking again unless they make it faster to browse a huge assortment.

I bought 3 singstar queens at target for $7.49 and have sold all of them for atleast $22 each on this site . Its sooo great and then I can give some money to charity while I am at it and still come out positive

I just went through 41.00 in credit i had and got the following

Lion King 2 disc DVD set - excellent (had a hard time finding this for my wife less then 20)
The Office Season 1 - excellent
Heroes season 1 HD DVD excellent
UFC Undisputed excellent

BTW if anyone is looking for a Xenogears guide or a sealed uncharted i put those up :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Is there a faster way at looking at the deals? I clicked next about 30 times and i had enough. The whole new thing seems cool if you got patience and time but man does it take a long time. They should at least add options to pick a,b,c and alpha sorting. I would even dig lowest price first and up. I dig some prices i seen but man i doubt i will go back looking again unless they make it faster to browse a huge assortment.[/QUOTE]

In the lower left you can click show all, then it puts up three rows of games at a time. That saves some clicking.

Decided to give glyde a go. Just purchased an "excellent condition" Lost Planet 1 for $5.81 after a coupon code.

Lost Planet 2 kinda has me intrigued, so I figure I would try out the original that I somehow overlooked.

assassins creed 2 is 20 bucks for the 360 version on glyde in case someone hasn't already posted this

might be a dumb question but how do you buy more than one item??? it seems like i can only buy one game at a time...anyone have this problem also...

[quote name='Ktraze']might be a dumb question but how do you buy more than one item??? it seems like i can only buy one game at a time...anyone have this problem also...[/QUOTE]

It's only one at a time because it's being sold by individual people, not by glyde itself.

[quote name='Interfeci']It's only one at a time because it's being sold by individual people, not by glyde itself.[/QUOTE]

damn...too bad, thought id save on the shipping and with the 15% off first time buyer...

planning to get uncharted drakes fortune and demon's soul though im debating over getting cod: modern warfare instead of uncharted

Have been a fan a glyde since I started using it.
Have about 20 transactions and all have gone smooth. . . up until this week. Some a$$hat sold me persona 4 for about 20 bucks shipped, but sent me the sound track CD instead. I dont know if the seller was trying to scam me but I e-mailed glyde and they even refunded my shipping that same day. So I did not lose a penny. Great customer service. :applause:

Wow why isnt Dantes Inferno PS3 version allowed to be sold . That is bull crap , I emailed them and they said it couldnt be listed because it is larger than a newer game " BULL CRAP " .

Some of the deals aren't that bad but it's pretty funny to see the Dragon Age expansion 6 dollars over retail price. Same with Deadly premonition.

Which one of these codes is everybody using? I tried TBARGAIN15 but it said it's invalid.

I see condemned 2: Bloodshot for 5.22 after the 3 dollar coupon but I honestly don't know if I want to trust this site lol.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Wow why isnt Dantes Inferno PS3 version allowed to be sold . That is bull crap , I emailed them and they said it couldnt be listed because it is larger than a newer game " BULL CRAP " .[/QUOTE]

So, the question becomes...is it actually larger than a standard game? I know the PS3 is the "Divine Edition," but I've never actually seen a copy. If it is "larger" than a standard game, they can't allow it on their site, because they ship everything first class, and it might not make the weight requirement.

EDIT: Looking at the product description, seems like all of the extras are digital stuff, so I don't see the issue they have. They might be assuming it is a standard kind of special edition, with a bunch of junk and a larger case.

Yeah, TBARGAIN15 didn't work for me either. So, I used the 10% off code, without even thinking and ordered Assassin's Creed 2 for $20. I could have gotten it cheaper if I'd just used a $3 off code. Live and learn. If this doesn't end up sucking, I'll come and do it again. I hope Excellent quality is really such.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I hope Excellent quality is really such.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people's definition of "excellent" is complete. Glyde really needs to think about adding one or two more condition options if they continue to grow. I think they should have something along the lines of:

New
Mint - Excellent condition and complete
Something that will cover complete games not in perfect shape
Former rentals - Beat-up and/or incomplete
Disc-only

Until they decide to implement a more thorough system, I guess we're dependent on the kindness of seller strangers.

And, considering the Dante's PS3 is larger BS, don't they also ship books and dvd sets (ie: Lost season box sets)? Those are bigger, to one degree or another. Maybe Glyde's too cheap or lazy to upgrade their mailers. Or, you want a bigger sized item, you pay more in shipping.

I wonder if some of these things selling for more than retail, like the Dragon Age Origins: Awakening: Too many Colons: Seriously now, actually sell at those prices.

I plan to bring the market rate down.

I got my game today. It's an excellent site. Unfortunately it's a crap game, but those are the breaks.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Until they decide to implement a more thorough system, I guess we're dependent on the kindness of seller strangers.

And, considering the Dante's PS3 is larger BS, don't they also ship books and dvd sets (ie: Lost season box sets)? Those are bigger, to one degree or another. Maybe Glyde's too cheap or lazy to upgrade their mailers. Or, you want a bigger sized item, you pay more in shipping.[/QUOTE]

I sold a box DVD set of "24" on there and they just sent a larger mailer which, of course required a higher shipping rate. Buy they also go by weight and not just size. The Dante box may be the same size but if it has 2 or more disc or a mini-comic in it it adds to the cost of shipping. Although I was able to sell a 2 disc LE of "Velvet Assassin" but I think it was only because they didn't know that SKU existed.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Until they decide to implement a more thorough system, I guess we're dependent on the kindness of seller strangers.

And, considering the Dante's PS3 is larger BS, don't they also ship books and dvd sets (ie: Lost season box sets)? Those are bigger, to one degree or another. Maybe Glyde's too cheap or lazy to upgrade their mailers. Or, you want a bigger sized item, you pay more in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just sold off the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set and that's bigger than even a standard DVD tv show boxset, so size probably isn't too much of a concern. Does make me wonder why they think that Dante's Inferno game is too large though? :whistle2:k

I always wondered how they handled box sets, since i got a few anime boxsets on there, but i've only sold games so far. I didn't know if they had a bigger envelopes, or if they actually shipped out boxes or something.

As far as condition of the games go I've gotten games in excellent shape. No scratches..pretty much flawless

I sold two games recently...my first sales on there. I sold 2 older ps2 games I had lying around Kingdom Hears and Shadow of the Collosus. Both were complete, mint instructions discs were "used" looking...not pristine but close...I sold them in good condition. Probably could have bumped it up to excellent but it was my first time selling on there and they were older greatest hits copys

I'm awaiting a large book I purchased and will report on the size/type of package it is shipped in. The shipping was more than the average cost for games/dvds.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Some of the deals aren't that bad but it's pretty funny to see the Dragon Age expansion 6 dollars over retail price. Same with Deadly premonition.

Which one of these codes is everybody using? I tried TBARGAIN15 but it said it's invalid.

I see condemned 2: Bloodshot for 5.22 after the 3 dollar coupon but I honestly don't know if I want to trust this site lol.[/QUOTE]

I have not had many transactions on Glyde but so far they have not let me down. They were prompt and courteous when there was an issue and so far every item I received was in great condition. So in my CAG opinion I would say bite on Condemned 2 if you really want it, 5.22 is not that large of a sum of money and you can see how you like Glyde.

None of the coupon codes in the OP worked for me, on both an old and new accounts. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or they're outdated...

This site is 100% legit and great. Bought a Blu-Ray for $5, in pristine condition with digital copy unused and everything. Listed a few games about 2 weeks ago and sold some old 08-09 sports games.

Might have hit my snag with Glyde. Sold a game last week. Only a few bucks. The mailer never came, though. It's been over a week, and the mailers from them always have come within a few days. If it never shows up, what's gonna happen?

I hit a snag listing an item. An unopened Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest bonus disc from Windwaker preorders. Not available to list at this time for some reason.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Might have hit my snag with Glyde. Sold a game last week. Only a few bucks. The mailer never came, though. It's been over a week, and the mailers from them always have come within a few days. If it never shows up, what's gonna happen?[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me a couple of times and it really seemed to be the post office fault. Glyde sent me a mailer- after 10 days I sent them an email stating I never received it. They sent me a new one (Which showed up in 2 days) 4 days later I finally received the first one they sent me (2 weeks in all)

The post mark on the front showed that Glyde did mail it in a timely manner it just took forever to get there. Of my 101 transactions this has happened 3 times.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I hit a snag listing an item. An unopened Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest bonus disc from Windwaker preorders. Not available to list at this time for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Anything with Extras can't be sold on glyde. Anything with an extra disc, booklet, special editon- whatever- can't be sold. Currently Battlefield Bad Company 2 "Limited Edition" cant be sold. And the only thing that makes it "Limited" is the map codes inside.

The people who run Glyde are not "Game Guys" so anything that looks like it maybe to large or heavy for the standard envolope they just put on hold. I've been able to get them to allow the sale of certain games after I told them what was included and how much it weighed. I sent them the Product Dimentions of the game which can usually be found on Amazon.com under the games item description to show them It can be handled.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Anything with Extras can't be sold on glyde. Anything with an extra disc, booklet, special editon- whatever- can't be sold. Currently Battlefield Bad Company 2 "Limited Edition" cant be sold. And the only thing that makes it "Limited" is the map codes inside.

The people who run Glyde are not "Game Guys" so anything that looks like it maybe to large or heavy for the standard envolope they just put on hold. I've been able to get them to allow the sale of certain games after I told them what was included and how much it weighed. I sent them the Product Dimentions of the game which can usually be found on Amazon.com under the games item description to show them It can be handled.[/QUOTE]

I guess its going on eBay then

I got my first order from them and I have to say that those mailers are really cool, better than the boring yellow colored ones. Anyway, my "good" Odin Sphere came in beautiful condition. No scratches and the case is fine except for some sticker residue. I have to give a big thumbs up to the user on Glyde for this one.

I only wish that with 'good' condition, it would at least have the option to say if it included the manual. My 'good' Dracula X Chronicles came with a UMD with the plastic casing falling apart on one side and with no manual. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Anyone used any coupons lately (wondering if I should remove them from the first page). Also, anyone got a suggestion on what I should rename this thread? Or should I keep it the same?

[quote name='Coper3000']Anyone used any coupons lately (wondering if I should remove them from the first page). Also, anyone got a suggestion on what I should rename this thread? Or should I keep it the same?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would remove the coupon until they announce new ones . I think the thread title pretty much sums up Glyde.com . But change it to whatever you think best suites it .

[quote name='Coper3000']Anyone used any coupons lately (wondering if I should remove them from the first page). Also, anyone got a suggestion on what I should rename this thread? Or should I keep it the same?[/QUOTE]

the coupons are expired

yea what ^andrews^ said, this is a great thread about glyde

You should just add new to the title to make it

Glyde.com - New and Used Games Sales

There are some users that are selling new copies of games.
I sold Borderlands and Midnight Club NEW on there last week.

I was able to get Tales of Vesperia for $19 dollars with the coupons when they were working for me (3.22.2010). The shipping was basically free (had to pay $.81 cents). It took about 9 days to come but the copy is in good condition although the booklet is a tiny worn. Definitely a legit website. If they have decent prices for other games, I might buy from them again.

Yeah, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the "Glyde2" ($2 off) coupon doesn't work anymore. Maybe they'll bring it back, I dunno.

Anyway... I managed to get Bayonetta for $30 (shipped), so I was pretty happy with that. I also used said coupon - when it worked - and got a copy of the first Gears of War for 12 cents. So yeah, Glyde has good deals from time to time but you have to check back a lot.

For example: I was obsessively looking for BlazBlue (PS3) but could only find it for about $35. Then lo and behold one day I found it for $10 (+ shipping). Definitely a great alternative to eBay; my only gripe is it sort of takes awhile. But that aside, on a good day you can pick up Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 for like $28-30.

The customer service isn't too bad either (one of them found my Glyde-related question on another site and emailed me the answer - holy crap, I don't know whether I should be afraid or impressed... either way, they're certainly helpful/responsive).

I bought a "good" copy of Lumines, and after coupon (when it worked) and shipping it was $3 and change, it arrived ahead of schedule and in great condition, didn't look like it had been played at all. Def use the site again in the future.

bread's done
Back