Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting forever on a copy of True Blood Season 2 I ordered back on August 17th. The shipping status has been the same since then. Says the seller notified the post office. And Glyde showed an ETA of August 28th.well once that came around Glyde changed the ETA to September 4th. STill waiting.......... I contacted Glyde about a week ago on the matter and they told em theyd keep trying to get a hold of the seller. But its not looking good. :(

This will be the 2nd item of about 12 items thats gonna have to be cancelled.

Contact Glyde again and mention your previous correspondence. They should make things right, your request prob just got overlooked somehow.

Alright, I'm really pissed at glyde now. So they sent another envelope for the game I sold, but the tracking number must have been wrong, or something, since I sent it several weeks ago and there's NO update online about it. Which means that unless the buyer manually goes online and says "I got the game, pay the guy" they're not going to pay me. I'm understandably pissed.

Whether glyde screwed up the tracking number, or the post office decided that both glyde envelopes should go to the same address (since I put it in the mail box at the same time as another glyde envelope, which I got the payment for over a week ago) out of sheer stupidity, I did what I had to do, and I want my money. We'll see if they say anything.

[quote name='Skydude']Alright, I'm really pissed at glyde now. So they sent another envelope for the game I sold, but the tracking number must have been wrong, or something, since I sent it several weeks ago and there's NO update online about it. Which means that unless the buyer manually goes online and says "I got the game, pay the guy" they're not going to pay me. I'm understandably pissed.

Whether glyde screwed up the tracking number, or the post office decided that both glyde envelopes should go to the same address (since I put it in the mail box at the same time as another glyde envelope, which I got the payment for over a week ago) out of sheer stupidity, I did what I had to do, and I want my money. We'll see if they say anything.[/QUOTE]

I dont think anything will show up if the post office dont scan in the items to update the tracking.. it does seem like a BS issue that your not being paid... You should just stick to the normal seller sites this one seems to be a bust.

[quote name='volt1up']Wow selling on glyde seems like a hassle, why do you guys do it, are the fees better than ebay?[/QUOTE]

I would say the attractive features of Glyde are:

1) no upfront fees
2) your game remains listed as long as it takes to sell
3) no need for bubble mailers or printing up shipping labels

I have only sold inexpensive games on Glyde, but everything worked out perfect for me. It was nothing but junk that I might have gotten a dollar or two elsewhere.

[quote name='Skydude']Alright, I'm really pissed at glyde now. So they sent another envelope for the game I sold, but the tracking number must have been wrong, or something, since I sent it several weeks ago and there's NO update online about it. Which means that unless the buyer manually goes online and says "I got the game, pay the guy" they're not going to pay me. I'm understandably pissed.

Whether glyde screwed up the tracking number, or the post office decided that both glyde envelopes should go to the same address (since I put it in the mail box at the same time as another glyde envelope, which I got the payment for over a week ago) out of sheer stupidity, I did what I had to do, and I want my money. We'll see if they say anything.[/QUOTE]

I had the tracking not updated on a handful of occasions over I guess around 50 transactions and they always gave me credit the day after, when they replied to my email :)

[quote name='Skydude']Alright, I'm really pissed at glyde now. So they sent another envelope for the game I sold, but the tracking number must have been wrong, or something, since I sent it several weeks ago and there's NO update online about it.[/QUOTE]

Odd that you would automatically assume that the fault lies with Glyde. The postal service has been known to lose packages or screw up their tracking information. With the massive amount of packages that they handle, it is bound to happen.

Thanks a lot for getting this bumped, I've been looking for a cheap Call of Juarez: BiB and gamefly was the cheapest minus the shipping, found a copy here for 10 bucks shipped!

[quote name='hustletron']Thanks a lot for getting this bumped, I've been looking for a cheap Call of Juarez: BiB and gamefly was the cheapest minus the shipping, found a copy here for 10 bucks shipped![/QUOTE]
When you get it the game will be disc only and cracked and then Glyde will charge you half the shipping if you want to return it to the seller and get a refund...because after all it is your fault, you bought with Glyde!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Odd that you would automatically assume that the fault lies with Glyde. The postal service has been known to lose packages or screw up their tracking information. With the massive amount of packages that they handle, it is bound to happen.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't automatically assume the fault lay with glyde. As I noted in my message, I know it could be the postal service, but no matter whose fault it is, I did my part, and I want my money, and glyde is the entity keeping my money from me...so they're the ones I'm pissed at, whosever fault it was that caused this.

[quote name='converse']When you get it the game will be disc only and cracked and then Glyde will charge you half the shipping if you want to return it to the seller and get a refund...because after all it is your fault, you bought with Glyde![/QUOTE]

Good thing I bought it in "Excellent" condition.

lol bitter.

[quote name='converse']So did I...so did I...[/QUOTE]

Eh I have faith, as long as it plays, I have a couple games with no cases and at $10 I'm not that concerned but we'll see.

[quote name='Skydude']No, I didn't automatically assume the fault lay with glyde.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Skydude']but the tracking number must have been wrong, or something[/QUOTE]

Yeah...

Anyway, the reality is, you should have known what you were getting into before you sold something on Glyde. They have their policies posted on their site. If something gets lost in the mail, you're screwed. Then again, you're screwed anytime you sell something it gets lost in the mail. So, I really don't see what your problem is.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah...

Anyway, the reality is, you should have known what you were getting into before you sold something on Glyde. They have their policies posted on their site. If something gets lost in the mail, you're screwed. Then again, you're screwed anytime you sell something it gets lost in the mail. So, I really don't see what your problem is.[/QUOTE]

I did know there was the risk of that, but people kept saying they never had any problems, and when they did it still worked out, so I figured it was legit enough. It's not even a big deal, it's just $7, but it's still $7 that I ought to have. So that's what my problem is. The question is, what's yours, that you feel the need to berate me for posting a bad experience I had with the site in a thread about the site.

That's the risk they take, if they're willing to lose a customer (buyer AND seller) and have that same customer talk about his negative experience, over not giving him the money they ought to be giving him. I don't care whose fault it is, I just know that it's not MINE, so I shouldn't be punished for it. Because if that's the game they play, I'm a rather vindictive individual, and I will do what I can, within legal bounds, to hurt them, if they don't rectify the situation.

[quote name='Skydude']I did know there was the risk of that, but people kept saying they never had any problems, and when they did it still worked out, so I figured it was legit enough. It's not even a big deal, it's just $7, but it's still $7 that I ought to have. So that's what my problem is. The question is, what's yours, that you feel the need to berate me for posting a bad experience I had with the site in a thread about the site.

That's the risk they take, if they're willing to lose a customer (buyer AND seller) and have that same customer talk about his negative experience, over not giving him the money they ought to be giving him. I don't care whose fault it is, I just know that it's not MINE, so I shouldn't be punished for it. Because if that's the game they play, I'm a rather vindictive individual, and I will do what I can, within legal bounds, to hurt them, if they don't rectify the situation.[/QUOTE]

Did you contact Glyde about the problem?

[quote name='SniperREX']Did you contact Glyde about the problem?[/QUOTE]

Twice. The first time, they didn't respond at all. The second time, a week later, they responded saying they'd contact the buyer to ask if he received the game. That's...all they said, with the implication that if he said he hadn't, they would then just basically close it and I'd be SOL.

Regardless, I don't think I'm going to sell anything on there again, this has been way too much of a hassle.

I recently learned of Glyde and I'm curious about a few things, and this seems to be one of the few sites that have users that regularly use it and can give me an honest review. I've never used the site before...

I see a game I want on there, New, for probably $10-15 cheaper than I'd buy it on Gamestop or even eBay. Can I trust it? Is the likelihood of the transaction going smoothly higher if I buy the game new, factory sealed?

Also, can I make payments through PayPal or do I have to give them my credit card information? I wouldn't mind giving it a little test with a cheap game before any big purchases, but I'm not really comfortable giving them my credit card information directly.

Thanks for any information guys. :)

P.S: Oh, and any good coupon codes out there for first time buyers? :p

Google glyde coupon codes to find what's going on. They don't seem to have ones that are as good as they used to be (old ones took money off of shipping, too, if the game was cheap, allowing me to get Elite Beat Agents for 30 cents), though.

As for my experience, in case anyone was curious (though I doubt anyone cares), the guy must have said he got the game, or they just got sick of dealing with it, because they paid me the money for the game. I'm still not going to sell on there again, but I'm not going to go trash the site on boards discussing it or anything, and I might buy from there again.

[quote name='aldonley']how do you stop a transaction for glyde.com before it clears?[/QUOTE]

I was poking around for that option too and couldn't find it, except for on the payment confirmation page after it took my info, there was a link to cancel the transaction.

I'm getting paranoid now everyones so sketched out by this site I only spent $10 but still.

I just got my copy of The Godfather from there in excellent condition. However, one of my games just sold on there and I have jut sold that game locally. -_- How do I cancel this sale?

[quote name='Taboner']I just got my copy of The Godfather from there in excellent condition. However, one of my games just sold on there and I have jut sold that game locally. -_- How do I cancel this sale?[/QUOTE]

I never had this problem, but my guess is to contact Glyde. Unlike ebay, it seems like you would always have to contact Glyde to fix a problem, even a small one like canceling.

[quote name='Taboner']I just got my copy of The Godfather from there in excellent condition. However, one of my games just sold on there and I have jut sold that game locally. -_- How do I cancel this sale?[/QUOTE]

They send out the envelope pretty much immediately after the sale...so they're going to charge you for the cost of the envelope, even if you do cancel, for postage.

I bought a game that was in "excellent" condition for $14.56. I used a $3 coupon and got it for $11.56. I ordered it on 9/3 and it arrived today. I opened the glyde package and I looked at the box. I was thinking "whoo, it looks pretty good!" and then I opened the game. The manual was there and it was going smoothly until I looked at the disc. It had sticky/oily looking stuff all over it and and I got angry because as soon as I picked up the disc I noticed a crack on it. Yup a crack. And you know what else came with the disc? There was also a pubic hair stuck to the disc. =_= Ugh. Not to mention there were scratches everywhere and smudges all around the disc. This will be my first and last time purchasing from glyde.com ...

I also tried to play it on my PS2 hoping that the game would at least still play... It loaded everything up to the NOW LOADING screen. And then it was stuck there.

[quote name='permanent']I bought a game that was in "excellent" condition for $14.56. I used a $3 coupon and got it for $11.56. I ordered it on 9/3 and it arrived today. I opened the glyde package and I looked at the box. I was thinking "whoo, it looks pretty good!" and then I opened the game. The manual was there and it was going smoothly until I looked at the disc. It had sticky/oily looking stuff all over it and and I got angry because as soon as I picked up the disc I noticed a crack on it. Yup a crack. And you know what else came with the disc? There was also a pubic hair stuck to the disc. =_= Ugh. Not to mention there were scratches everywhere and smudges all around the disc. This will be my first and last time purchasing from glyde.com ...[/QUOTE]
...No comment.

If it were just your garden-variety issue where the condition described was less than satisfactory, I'd opt to keep the game and contact Glyde to report it wasn't what was initially described. But seriously, man--whatever you choose to do, wear some sanitation gloves first. That seller is frickin' degenerate. :puke:

[quote name='sadboy']...No comment.

If it were just your garden-variety issue where the condition described was less than satisfactory, I'd opt to keep the game and contact Glyde to report it wasn't what was initially described. But seriously, man--whatever you chose to do, wear some sanitation gloves first. Frickin' degenerate sellers.[/QUOTE] Right? I pretty much dropped the game and case after I saw the hair. I mean I don't think I could do anymore damage to the CD and my floor is carpeted so the case should be fine. I proceeded to wash my hands and came back with a paper towel to hold the CD with. I guess I'm going to be sticking to Amazon and Ebay. x_x

anyone ever mail something late? I got an envelope week with Saturday being the postmark date. Haven't had time to drop it off and might not get a chance till Monday. Oh and another envelope came yesterday so that should be okay

So far I've had 67 transactions(buying and selling) with Glyde and have only had a problem once where I bought a game and it never came. Customer Service was great and I got a refund. I can see some bad things happening seeing as Glyde is just the middle man here but Glyde has been nothing but great for me.

And I'd just make sure to send the game as soon as possible. I've had things come up and had to wait a few days to send a game or two. There's no post on Sunday anyway so you should be fine.

Well Glyde was pretty nice about it. I emailed customer services& I got a response telling me that the money I lost from shipping would be put into my glyde account for credit. They also gave me a $3 coupon that expires on 9/30. So I got a full refund and a coupon! Makes me want to try to get the game again...

I got my copy of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood yesterday, case, manual and disc are all in excellent/near perfect condition and only cost me $10 shipped.

Since there is no real in depth condition chart I was wondering seeing I ordered a game that was "New" is this going to be sealed new or Gamestop New lol?

Usually for me at least when I order new it is sealed and factory new. Although, one time I ordered a new game that was open without a manual so who knows.

Hey CAG community. Not much of a poster and kind of a lurker. I don't really post much or log into the forums because I feel like I wouldn't have much to contribute. I don't really jump on any of the deals posted on these forums. I just like to see what kind of deals are out there, if I had the cash.
I have been using Glyde since around February of this year and the service has been good to me. So far I have had a total of 14 transactions: 9 selling, 5 buying. I only use the service for buying and selling games and have not had any problems. I only buy excellent quality and so far I get what I paid for. Have read a few posts a couple pages back and I think it would be nice if it had some sort of buyer/seller feedback so at least before purchasing something you could see the potential sellers quality and feel more secure in buying from them.
At first since I wasn't sure how the whole system worked (and I have never sold anything from ebay) and I would take pictures of the case, disc, and even video showing the quality of my things before I put them into a mailer in case of a dispute. I realized quickly that it didn't really work out that way but at least I could keep the pictures as memories :)
Do you guys think it would be difficult for lower quality (no disc, good) to require to put up a picture of any problems like missing manual or broken case, scratched disc?? Or maybe for new/excellent so you can prove that it is as labeled? Because that is what worries me the most in not purchasing something that isn't what it says it is.

Hi CAGs. I work for Glyde and I just wanted to jump in again and say that we track sellers and buyers internally with our own rating system. Deadbeat sellers get suspended from Glyde after their first incomplete sale. Sellers who appear to intentionally deceive the buyer or cheat the system also get suspended.

That said though, we also know mistakes can happen, so we watch for a pattern if the first problem is small. In the vast majority of cases, it's just an isolated incident and seller will often times even ask us to extend his or her apologies to the buyer.

In the cases where the problem is small and you still want to keep the game, one way of providing feedback about the seller is to select the "Not As-Described" option from the item acceptance page. (You can get there by following the links in email that's sent when the package is delivered or through your 'Transactions' page on Glyde.) This will alert us and the seller that there is a problem with the game they sold.

Otherwise, you can always reach us at service-at-glyde.com. We'll do better about addressing your issue faster.

Thanks!

I have 12 transactions on Glyde so far with zero issues. Shipping seems to take a little longer than you'd hope. Normally, 10 to 14 days from the day you order. Besides that games have always been in great shape, manuals in good condition and discs with no scratches.

Shipping out is more or less the same. As an adult I take care of my things and no one has complained about anything. I've had issues with Goozex, and stopped doing business with them a couple of years ago. Glyde seems like the best deal going in terms of getting the most for your used games and getting great deals on the games you want to play...

If anyone is interested they have a coupon code good until Friday which is $10.00 off any order of $40.00 or more just use FALL in the coupon code box.

[quote name='Skydude']Google glyde coupon codes to find what's going on. They don't seem to have ones that are as good as they used to be (old ones took money off of shipping, too, if the game was cheap, allowing me to get Elite Beat Agents for 30 cents), though.[/QUOTE]

Hey, we got a good coupon code now! "fall" = $10 off all games over $40. More info over on our Facebook/Twitter pages.

bread's done
Back