Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Glyde, probably have done 50 transactions (both buying and selling) since June. Only had a few problems, but customer service too care of them very quickly and was very satisfied with outcomes. I will continue to use Glyde. Great alternative to Ebay and Gamestop.

Just got home today, and I got White Knight Chronicles new from Glyde for 9.75+shipping. The price was amazing, but I'm wondering if Glyde has a new self-ship printing option.

So the electronic shipping info was created the same day the actual package was accepted. Usually what happens is the electronic shipping info is created 3-5 days in advance (sometimes longer) as you have to wait to receive the actual mailer from glyde before you can mail it obviously. Somehow WKC was mailed the same day the actual shipping info was created. It was also definitely not the standard large glyde mailer with the designs all over it. My game was sent in a regular white poly DVD bubble mailer (see pic), with an actual receipt inside (never seen that before either).

I've sold about 10 games (including one that I shipped on 12/20), bought 5 and have never seen this before...

Haven't had a bad transaction yet with glyde (worst was one game that took 3 weeks to come, but it did arrive in described condition), but this one was quite odd.

DSC00097.jpg

can anyone that has used glyde to sell tell me and the other users here how long it takes to receive the mailers? also, where does glyde mail the mailers from? like the above poster i've sold two games recently (giving glyde a try) and have yet to get the mailers.

seems like a cool way to offload surplus games that just aren't trading on goozex/gametz and MUCH better for the seller than ebay. just feel bad that the buyer of my games is going to be waiting until i get the mailers, and they've been SLOW getting here.

[quote name='lothodon']can anyone that has used glyde to sell tell me and the other users here how long it takes to receive the mailers? also, where does glyde mail the mailers from? like the above poster i've sold two games recently (giving glyde a try) and have yet to get the mailers.

seems like a cool way to offload surplus games that just aren't trading on goozex/gametz and MUCH better for the seller than ebay. just feel bad that the buyer of my games is going to be waiting until i get the mailers, and they've been SLOW getting here.[/QUOTE]

I've bought and sold a bunch of games on glyde. It usually never took them more than 4-5 business days until I received the mailer. I'm not sure where they are sending the mailers from. Overall, I have been quite happy with my multiple experiences on glyde, and their customer service has been top notch, and they always seem willing to make things 'right' when things are not satisfactory - most of the time.

One of my negative experiences with them involved me selling a DS game. After the buyer received the item, he/she reported it as a fake and glyde proceeded to refund the money to the buyer and then told me that they would be destroying the so-called "fake" game..? I was baffled b/c I literally played through the "fake" game that they took it upon themselves to destroy, and can attest that it was in fact not a fake. Luckily, it was not much money. Only around $10-15 total, so I did not make a huge stink over it.

I used glyde to sell a dvd set but I don't like how little control you have over the transaction. The buyer could say any bullshit and you won't get the product nor the money back. Not cool. I likely won't use them anymore.

I've sold over 30 games and movies on Glyde. I've never had a single problem, I always get the mailers in under a week. I usually mail the stuff back out the same day and get my money around a week later. I love how easy the whole process and I find it preferable to sell on Glyde over eBay or even the forum here.

[quote name='noone13']I've sold over 30 games and movies on Glyde. I've never had a single problem, I always get the mailers in under a week. I usually mail the stuff back out the same day and get my money around a week later. I love how easy the whole process and I find it preferable to sell on Glyde over eBay or even the forum here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely the most generous source in terms of percentage of profit for sellers, as opposed to ebay, half, and amazon. It's somewhat nice for buyers as well because of the price caps they impose on individual products. I've purchased several brand new and "rare" games on glyde for a fraction of what I would have paid buying from someone on the alternatives I mentioned above. So, it definitely has its pluses and minuses.

This is not a scam site. I just sold a new game and it went smoothly. You list a price and they take 12% and the price of a mailer (bubble) so you know beforehand what your profit will be with the listing price. If someone buys the game you listed, they send you a mailer that is tracked with the postal service so when it is delivered and there are no complaints from the buyer within two days of receipt, they credit your account which you can either transfer to your bank account or use as credit to purchase. Haven't purchased anything yet but selling was easy.

[quote name='Coper3000']www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions (expire 4/30):
$2 off First Purchase - GLYDE2
5% off everything for returning users - 5GLYDE
All fees waived on your first sale

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".[/QUOTE]

I just made my first sale on Glyde but I was still charged a 12% fee. Would i be able to contact customer service to be credited this as "All fees waived on first sale"?

Sold a bunch of stuff, still waiting on a few mailers and for a few items to arrive at the buyer.

Overall a great service, prices are a little lower then E-Bay for some stuff, but I just had my first E-bay sale................and IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!

[quote name='plagin']I just made my first sale on Glyde but I was still charged a 12% fee. Would i be able to contact customer service to be credited this as "All fees waived on first sale"?[/QUOTE]

Might've been just a promotion they were running. Cuz above those codes it says Current Codes/Promotions (expire 4/30)

I'm trying to get rid of three extra copies of games I already own. I have one, which I thought would be the viable to sell, listed on ebay but it doesn't look like it will sale, or at least at the price I want despite undercutting all the other prices. If the auction did end at the bid its at now I would only stand to make a couple dollars after fees.

I listed one of my items on glyde just now and if my ebay it doesn't sell I'll list that. It neither ebay nor glyde work I may just trade one to amazon for game credit.

When you look up prices for selling things and it shows the market price and your "proceeds". Is that before or after all the fees? In other words if it says market price is $12.00 and your proceeds will be $9.31, do you really get $9.31?

[quote name='Pompi00']When you look up prices for selling things and it shows the market price and your "proceeds". Is that before or after all the fees? In other words if it says market price is $12.00 and your proceeds will be $9.31, do you really get $9.31?[/QUOTE]

The proceeds would be the amount you will receive after the fees are deducted from the sale price.

Nice, my item sold within one day of posting it, since yesterday's post here. I'm stunned it sold so fast. Hopefully I won't have any problem with the buyer wanting to return it. I shouldn't seeing how the game is factory sealed.

If my other item doesn't sell on ebay, which ending in a couple of hours, I may put it on glyde. The only thing is I stand to possibly make less money from the second item using glyde than ebay.

how is the selling compared to GS?

im thinking about selling some, but with the addition of the selling fees..is it worth my trouble?

[quote name='natefons']how is the selling compared to GS?

im thinking about selling some, but with the addition of the selling fees..is it worth my trouble?[/QUOTE]

I think they raised the fees but if you had an old account you were grandfathered in....

I sold a at least 30 games on Glyde and had no issues whatsoever. Received mailers fairly quickly. Not sure if listing on eBay would be cheaper but Glyde is definitely more convenient.

[quote name='natefons']how is the selling compared to GS?

im thinking about selling some, but with the addition of the selling fees..is it worth my trouble?[/QUOTE]
Glyde takes a smaller percentage of the sale than ebay. However which site lets you make more money is dependent on the game.

For example, I list Star Ocean on glyde Thursday since there is an abundance of them on Ebay and it would be really hard to get a sell without an extremely low price. The proceeds after glyde's fee and the mailer ended up a little over what GS and amazon would sell it for.

On the flipside I listed and sold Metal Slug on Ebay and ended up getting close to double what I would have gotten from glyde.

Lastly glyde transactions take long than Ebay's. With ebay the person pays you directly and you send out the package. With glyde the person buys your game and glyde holds the payment. Glyde then mails you a mailer which you put the game in a drop it in the mail box. The person has two days to accept or reject the game. The entire thing could take a couple of weeks.

Just now getting into Glyde a bit, got a dumb question. What happens if, say, you sell two games the same day and get the mailers around the same time? Is there a way to look in your account to see which game is going to which buyer (or does the mailer itself say what the game is)?

If I recall, the mailers are labeled. The only issue is that they apparently try to conceal the contents of the mailer (I guess to stop theft) and the writing can be pretty small.

I haven't bought from Glyde in months, so it might have changed.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Just now getting into Glyde a bit, got a dumb question. What happens if, say, you sell two games the same day and get the mailers around the same time? Is there a way to look in your account to see which game is going to which buyer (or does the mailer itself say what the game is)?[/QUOTE]

The padded envelopes are not labeled, but the envelopes that they arrive in are, so best to open one and enclose the appropriate game rather than opening both at the same time and mixing it up.

Question...How long after the package is delivered does the 48 hour item confirmation start? The first game I sold was delivered Monday morning and today it still says sale pending. I thought if the person didn't manually accept the item description/confirmation within the 48 hours then after that the sale automatically goes through.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Question...How long after the package is delivered does the 48 hour item confirmation start? The first game I sold was delivered Monday morning and today it still says sale pending. I thought if the person didn't manually accept the item description/confirmation within the 48 hours then after that the sale automatically goes through.[/QUOTE]

it's more like 5 days. if you don't see the credit within a week of delivery, just send an email.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']it's more like 5 days. if you don't see the credit within a week of delivery, just send an email.[/QUOTE]
Wow three weeks for one transaction. Thanks.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Glyde takes a smaller percentage of the sale than ebay. However which site lets you make more money is dependent on the game.

For example, I list Star Ocean on glyde Thursday since there is an abundance of them on Ebay and it would be really hard to get a sell without an extremely low price. The proceeds after glyde's fee and the mailer ended up a little over what GS and amazon would sell it for.

On the flipside I listed and sold Metal Slug on Ebay and ended up getting close to double what I would have gotten from glyde.

Lastly glyde transactions take long than Ebay's. With ebay the person pays you directly and you send out the package. With glyde the person buys your game and glyde holds the payment. Glyde then mails you a mailer which you put the game in a drop it in the mail box. The person has two days to accept or reject the game. The entire thing could take a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

That's a good summary. I've sold a number of games now on Glyde, and I have to say I like working with Glyde MUCH more than I like dealing with eBay, Paypal, and all those pesky fees.
I love that Glyde sends me a beautiful little mailer so I just have to pop in my game and drop off for shipping.

While Glyde is much easier to get up and running on, it will take longer for you to get your money. Also, Gylde is less of a sure thing than eBay; you may not know what you're game will sell for on eBay, but it will probably be a reasonable price since you have exposure to a huge audience. Glyde has a smaller customer base so far, and sometimes there is over supply that drives down prices a lot, making it hard to sell.

I've actually had great luck lately selling (rather than trading) on Amazon marketplace. Some games sell for better prices there and things sell quick.

[quote name='bugeeker']That's a good summary. I've sold a number of games now on Glyde, and I have to say I like working with Glyde MUCH more than I like dealing with eBay, Paypal, and all those pesky fees.
I love that Glyde sends me a beautiful little mailer so I just have to pop in my game and drop off for shipping.

While Glyde is much easier to get up and running on, it will take longer for you to get your money. Also, Gylde is less of a sure thing than eBay; you may not know what you're game will sell for on eBay, but it will probably be a reasonable price since you have exposure to a huge audience. Glyde has a smaller customer base so far, and sometimes there is over supply that drives down prices a lot, making it hard to sell.

I've actually had great luck lately selling (rather than trading) on Amazon marketplace. Some games sell for better prices there and things sell quick.[/QUOTE]

I like Glyde, easy to pick up stuff. The only thing I dislike is that the market price thing can easily be manipulated and it's not always accurate. Ie. if no is selling a game, Glyde won't tell you that and instead they'll try to set a market price which is always lower than what you can sell it for.

They're not douches like eBay where they screw you through the auction and then screw you through Paypal, it's like 10-20% in fees depending on what you sell. They also have pretty good service and are quick to respond. For the most part out of the 20-25 items I've bought off them they have all met or exceeded the conditions specified.

If anyone just happened to buy NHL 11 or NCAA Football 11 on PS3 or Spirit Tracks for DS, chances are you bought them from me. Your games will be shipping pretty soon. :)

To me their fees are still high - 12%? Nearly same as Ebay. It is convenient to buy and sell though. Still wish more of you guys would try listing some new games on GameGavel. There are no listings fees here and only a 4% selling fee. You can name your price and use buy it now and then advertise your listings here on CAG to promote it. Plus you can sell games from every system past and present. Glyde isn't run by gamers and still wants to profit off of gamers in a big way.

I have always run GG as a site by gamers for gamers. Seems noone really cares though and still likes throwing their money on sites that don't have your best interest at heart.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']To me their fees are still high - 12%? Nearly same as Ebay. It is convenient to buy and sell though. Still wish more of you guys would try listing some new games on GameGavel. There are no listings fees here and only a 4% selling fee. You can name your price and use buy it now and then advertise your listings here on CAG to promote it. Plus you can sell games from every system past and present. Glyde isn't run by gamers and still wants to profit off of gamers in a big way.

I have always run GG as a site by gamers for gamers. Seems noone really cares though and still likes throwing their money on sites that don't have your best interest at heart.[/QUOTE]

I tried many many times to sell on your site but never sold anything and my prices have been fair but its the whole no established feedback on the site holding me back..

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']To me their fees are still high - 12%? Nearly same as Ebay. It is convenient to buy and sell though. Still wish more of you guys would try listing some new games on GameGavel. There are no listings fees here and only a 4% selling fee. You can name your price and use buy it now and then advertise your listings here on CAG to promote it. Plus you can sell games from every system past and present. Glyde isn't run by gamers and still wants to profit off of gamers in a big way.

I have always run GG as a site by gamers for gamers. Seems noone really cares though and still likes throwing their money on sites that don't have your best interest at heart.[/QUOTE]

tried that site few years back.. seemed there was few people there so i moved on.

Just bought two new games from them and they were shipped out a few days after I bought them (bought on Thurs/Fri, both games were shipped on Mon). Shipping after that was quick and the items were perfect.

I would definitely recommend it for buying new games if you can find a good price though I have no idea how well the sellers adhere to the quality definitions for used (e.g. good/excellent/etc).

[quote name='bk187']Just bought two new games from them and they were shipped out a few days after I bought them (bought on Thurs/Fri, both games were shipped on Mon). Shipping after that was quick and the items were perfect.

I would definitely recommend it for buying new games if you can find a good price though I have no idea how well the sellers adhere to the quality definitions for used (e.g. good/excellent/etc).[/QUOTE]
I've bought 6 games (#7 in process now) and all have adhered to the definitions perfectly. It still makes me nervous when I order, though. You just never know if someone is trying to take advantage of the system. Still, when pricing a game, I almost always check Glyde.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I tried many many times to sell on your site but never sold anything and my prices have been fair but its the whole no established feedback on the site holding me back..[/QUOTE]

It has done well with the retro gaming crowd, but modern gamers are slow to adopt. There is no cost to list, so seems like no reason to not give it a shot. Set a reasonable buy it now and then advertise your listings in CAG's For Sale thread and you may start selling some things :)

We are starting our 3rd year and are now seeking outside funding which will help me blow this thing up much more significantly. In the meantime we are turning GG into more than just a marketplace. If you haven't been there in a while check it out :) Since launching we've hosted over 300,000 auctions and sold over $200,000 in merchandise and tons of people are accumulating positive feedback. Check it some of the feedback in my feedback area - http://www.gamegavel.com/display_ratings.cgi?view_user=socalmike&show_item=

And don't forget all CAGs who register on GG can set a CAG badge next to their GG username and start searching for listings only by CAG members. That is not something you will see on Glyde or anywhere else.

If all of you who are reading this listed your newer games on GG, our PS3, 360 and Wii categories would start filling up and you would all start getting sales and at only 4% selling fees - not 12 or 15% on Ebay. We have 20-30,000 unique visitors a month now, and most are looking for newer games.

Give it a shot, all I ask :bouncy:

I may go back to GG with some of my other games. I used to write reviews for Jason when he owned the site. So I listed about 25 games back then.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Since launching we've hosted over 300,000 auctions and sold over $200,000 in merchandise[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that equate to $.067 average sale per auction? Or a lot of unsold auctions? :bouncy:

sorry not trying to be a jerk, just couldn't resist the math. I tried Glyde for selling for my first time this week, sold my game pretty quickly just waiting on the mailer to ship it out.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']It has done well with the retro gaming crowd, but modern gamers are slow to adopt. There is no cost to list, so seems like no reason to not give it a shot. Set a reasonable buy it now and then advertise your listings in CAG's For Sale thread and you may start selling some things :)

We are starting our 3rd year and are now seeking outside funding which will help me blow this thing up much more significantly. In the meantime we are turning GG into more than just a marketplace. If you haven't been there in a while check it out :) Since launching we've hosted over 300,000 auctions and sold over $200,000 in merchandise and tons of people are accumulating positive feedback. Check it some of the feedback in my feedback area - http://www.gamegavel.com/display_ratings.cgi?view_user=socalmike&show_item=

And don't forget all CAGs who register on GG can set a CAG badge next to their GG username and start searching for listings only by CAG members. That is not something you will see on Glyde or anywhere else.

If all of you who are reading this listed your newer games on GG, our PS3, 360 and Wii categories would start filling up and you would all start getting sales and at only 4% selling fees - not 12 or 15% on Ebay. We have 20-30,000 unique visitors a month now, and most are looking for newer games.

Give it a shot, all I ask :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No offence, but this thread is for glyde.com, not a place to rip on ebay, glyde, etc and to promote your website.

Anyone know what's up with not being able to list MvC3:SE? Selling it on eBay w/ the fees is getting on my nerves, but you apparently can't sell it on Glyde.

Is it a timing thing since it just came out or...?

You can't sell special editions due to the shipping costs. They exclude them because the mailers they send are only large enough for game cases.

Anyone have a game never ship (obviously as the buyer)? I ordered a game on Feb. 16th and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow, but the shipping information hasn't updated at all. Considering it was a pretty good deal, I'm thinking the buyer is just abandoning the sale. I'm just wondering how long until Glyde calls the transaction dead so I can go buy the game I want.

[quote name='Lucian']Anyone have a game never ship (obviously as the buyer)? I ordered a game on Feb. 16th and it's supposed to arrive by tomorrow, but the shipping information hasn't updated at all. Considering it was a pretty good deal, I'm thinking the buyer is just abandoning the sale. I'm just wondering how long until Glyde calls the transaction dead so I can go buy the game I want.[/QUOTE]

I've had several packages go the same way (both buying and selling). I've found the USPS doesn't always update the tracking information (sometimes not at all). They declared a purchase I made "dead" after 3 weeks past estimated delivery time. Good luck, hope it's just a error by the USPS. Hope this helps.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I've had several packages go the same way (both buying and selling). I've found the USPS doesn't always update the tracking information (sometimes not at all). They declared a purchase I made "dead" after 3 weeks past estimated delivery time. Good luck, hope it's just a error by the USPS. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. My item finally had USPS tracking info update. This is the longest a package has ever taken me with Glyde.

I've been selling my old games, books, and CD's through Glyde for a while now. Works well enough for me. I get a big ole envelope in the mail, it says what I need to ship, I double check the sold item in my email, stick the item into the envelope and toss it in the mail. Transaction done. I prefer it to the Amazon marketplace.

I've sold 3 games using Glyde and purchased 2 games. I got the amount of money they said I would, and the games I bought arrived in the condition as described.

No complaints from me at all. I turned Brutal Legend, Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince and Halo 3: ODST into a brand new Gears of War 2: GOTY edition (all maps/dlc) and Lost Planet 2.

My first bad Glyde experience is underway. I ordered DC Universe Online in brand-new condition and, of course, I receive it today and the shrink wrap is missing. Given that this game has a one-time use activation code, the game I received is simply a coaster.

This will be my last purchase with them if they don't take care of me.

[quote name='Lucian']Given that this game has a one-time use activation code, the game I received is simply a coaster.

This will be my last purchase with them if they don't take care of me.[/QUOTE]

Did you try the code yet to verify that it's already been snagged?
Let us know how it goes.
My one concern if I was Glyde would be that you were trying to pull a fast one on them, and take the code yourself from a game that was new and then try and return for a refund. So hopefully they take your word for it.

[quote name='bugeeker']Did you try the code yet to verify that it's already been snagged?
Let us know how it goes.
My one concern if I was Glyde would be that you were trying to pull a fast one on them, and take the code yourself from a game that was new and then try and return for a refund. So hopefully they take your word for it.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to try the code because I have no intention of keeping a game that isn't new and sealed. It would have bought it used (at all), but even at the price I bought it's not worth it.
I have nothing to gain by returning this game. I have to pay half the return shipping cost and get nothing in return. You can't play the game without the disc, so the code without the disc or vice versa are worthless.

[quote name='bugeeker']Can anyone get the coupon codes to work anymore, or are they all dead? None work for me.[/QUOTE]
The coupon codes are all long since expired.

bread's done
Back