Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lucian']My first bad Glyde experience is underway. I ordered DC Universe Online in brand-new condition and, of course, I receive it today and the shrink wrap is missing. Given that this game has a one-time use activation code, the game I received is simply a coaster.

This will be my last purchase with them if they don't take care of me.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man good luck to you. I had the same worry when I bought a new game from them. Hope it all works out.

I have to give Glyde a lot of credit here. They replied in less than 5 hours indicating they will mail out a mailer for me to return the game. They are even giving me a discount on a future purchase for my troubles. Well played, customer service!

I have yet to buy something but have sold over a dozen games, most new. Any problems or issues I had were quickly addressed and resolved by their customer service.

I listed some books on there but so far no bites

[quote name='Lucian']I have to give Glyde a lot of credit here. They replied in less than 5 hours indicating they will mail out a mailer for me to return the game. They are even giving me a discount on a future purchase for my troubles. Well played, customer service![/QUOTE]
Okay, my last update on this. I just wanted to clarify that Glyde actually did not give me a discount on a future purchase. What they did is credit my Glyde account for $7.48, which covers a) my initial shipping cost plus b) the cost of the return mailer. So, in essence, they are giving me a full refund even though it is not their policy to do so. Because the $7.48 is in my Glyde account, I can either use it to purchase something else, or choose to withdraw.

I won't receive the bulk of my refund until I actually return the item. Hopefully that won't take too long.

Going through a similar experience as Lucian - ordered MGS Peace Walker Limited Edition and got a regular one. Idiot seller.

Still waiting for the full refund, but my understanding is that the return envelope is uber slow. They said they would keep tabs on the package.

Glyde customer service does respond VERY fast, so I am keeping hopeful for my full refund.

My other buying experience was with R-Type Command and was perfect - I ended up even getting the pre-order model kit for free.

[quote name='adoru']Going through a similar experience as Lucian - ordered MGS Peace Walker Limited Edition and got a regular one. Idiot seller.

Still waiting for the full refund, but my understanding is that the return envelope is uber slow. They said they would keep tabs on the package.

Glyde customer service does respond VERY fast, so I am keeping hopeful for my full refund.

My other buying experience was with R-Type Command and was perfect - I ended up even getting the pre-order model kit for free.[/QUOTE]
Bummer. Keep us posted. It's annoying that a couple bad sellers are ruining the experience.

ordered fallout 3 from glyde. shipping took about a week and 2 days to get here, honestly the wait didn't matter. I paid about 8 bucks and it's practically NEW. Everything came in GREAT condition.

Customer service is very good. Any problems have been dealt with fairly and quickly. Definitely will continue to sell and buy off here.

[quote name='United_Korea']another jackass seller not shipping his item...[/QUOTE]

It could be Gylde's fault and not the seller. I sold a game on Feb 22 and got the envelope to send the game on Feb 28.

[quote name='stoned99']Anyone know how to cancel a sale, site doesn't seem to allow for that.[/QUOTE]

I had this same issue. Basically, Glyde isn't thrilled by you offering something for sale and not having it. But, these things happen.

Contact Glyde.com customer service ASAP and tell them what happened and that you'd like to cancel your sale. If you catch them before the mailer goes out, you should be good to go with no negative effects. If they have already sent the mailer, then you will have to pay a few bucks for that.

Let customer service know either way.

They really should add a better way of dealing with this. But on the other hand: don't list something you don't have or aren't willing to sell!

I have sold several games on Glyde (bought too) and I just got notified today that a game I just sold is being returned for item not in condition described - I know for a fact it was in excellent condition, I better not get back some scratched up disc, or missing manual, ect....

Do I recall someone complaining about the Glyde mailers listing the game on the outside of the mailer?

I just got my first mailer from Glyde as a seller, and the mailer inside (which goes to my buyer) doesn't list the contents on the outside.

Were people worried the "empty" mailers would get snatched?

Is anyone having problems when trying to view games/dvd's to buy, that it doesn't load anything. Not sure if it's my browser or the website itself.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Is anyone having problems when trying to view games/dvd's to buy, that it doesn't load anything. Not sure if it's my browser or the website itself.[/QUOTE]

Happens to me as well.
Also, I just made my first sell on glyde. Went well.

thanks for the response, at least i'm not crazy. lol hope they get fixed whatever is causing the no load problem soon.

I really like glyde, probably have done over 100 transactions, both selling and buying this past year or so. Very good site, easy navigation, excellent customer service if there ever is a problem.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']thanks for the response, at least i'm not crazy. lol hope they get fixed whatever is causing the no load problem soon.

I really like glyde, probably have done over 100 transactions, both selling and buying this past year or so. Very good site, easy navigation, excellent customer service if there ever is a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its been like this last few days. Hope they fix it soon.

[quote name='dfg']Do I recall someone complaining about the Glyde mailers listing the game on the outside of the mailer?

I just got my first mailer from Glyde as a seller, and the mailer inside (which goes to my buyer) doesn't list the contents on the outside.

Were people worried the "empty" mailers would get snatched?[/QUOTE]

They changed the way they do this several months back. Originally, the game title was printed on the actual padded game mailer. I think they listened to enough complaints about this that they changed their way of doing it.

I just had my first problem as a seller, someone bought Medal of Honor Airborne and returned it stating the disc was all scratched up (it wasn't). One quick E-mail to Glyde support and they reversed the shipping charges they charged me and kept me happy, Will definitely keep doing business with them. Shipping is pretty slow but you need to realize that they sent the mailer to the seller then it gets mailed to you, so that take a lot longer than buying from someone like amazon.

None of the tracking information shows up on the transaction page for me anymore. Did Glyde stop posting them to their website? Not being able to track the progress of my sales makes me very nervous. If this is permanent change, I doubt I'll continue to use them.

[quote name='drBlack']None of the tracking information shows up on the transaction page for me anymore. Did Glyde stop posting them to their website? Not being able to track the progress of my sales makes me very nervous. If this is permanent change, I doubt I'll continue to use them.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me. I wonder what gives.

I've got to hand it to them, their response time is very quick. I e-mailed to complain about the lack of tracking numbers shortly after asking here and just got this as a response:

We are sorry to see that the removal of the tracking numbers from our site has made you uncomfortable. Please note that we would be more than happy to give you the tracking number for any transaction you sell. Also, you can note the tracking numbers when you receive the mailers for your sales. I have also forwarded your comment to our Product team for review. This tracking feature may return in the future.
So apparently it is not a bug on my end but some sort of official decision to remove them. I wish they would have at least given a reason, especially since the e-mail implies that they still get tracking numbers for every mailer they send out.

My return (item not as described) finally went through and Glyde credited me the shipping charges I should normally have lost. Unfortunately for Glyde, it seems that some (I'm sure a very small minority) sellers are trying to pull the same sort of stuff you'd expect on ebay (fudging condition). So even though I've had 6 great experiences, this 1 bad one (took 5 weeks total from order to refund) will make me hesitate in the future.

I feel bad for some of you sellers having a bad experience because I'm not sure Glyde has enough information usually to make a fair judgment.

Picked up Alpha Protocol for 13 bucks shipped. Game arrived in great shape w/ Manual. No complaints. Just ordered Skate 2 for 8 bucks SHIPPED. Probably be here in a week.

I do my fair share of "glyde"-ing...I just wish that there was a better way of guaging interest/demand for an item. Things can sit there for years, while other items could be sold quickly if dropped a nickel in price.

[quote name='markyshizzle']if you buy more than one game, do you have to pay shipping for each item?[/QUOTE]

No, individually. It's kind of a bummer but sometimes you find a game cheap enough that it doesn't matter too much.

On a separate note, anyone having trouble selling blu-rays? I have several blu-rays up for sale and I think I have pretty fair prices but they're just not selling. I wonder if people just don't go to Glyde for movies that much.

[quote name='Umair56']No, individually. It's kind of a bummer but sometimes you find a game cheap enough that it doesn't matter too much.

On a separate note, anyone having trouble selling blu-rays? I have several blu-rays up for sale and I think I have pretty fair prices but they're just not selling. I wonder if people just don't go to Glyde for movies that much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, looking at my previous transactions video games tend to sell way faster than movies. Sometimes you do get lucky though and sell a bluray at a high price.:)

To help cover myself as a seller I have started to take pictures of my games before I send them with the mailer as the background and the address on the mailer in the reflection of the disc so they can see its not scratched up. Takes like 3 minutes and it gives me the peace of mind that I won't get tards sending my stuff back at my cost.

Happy Friday, CAGs. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that sale tracking is back again on Glyde. Look for it on your 'transactions' page where it was before. Anything else, feel free to send us an email at service[at]glyde.com.

Thanks!

Looked around a little bit and I don't think this has been posted. Apparently to celebrate nearly having 50,000 fans on facebook Glyde is doing a 24-hour $3.00 coupon off anything, 1 coupon/user.

The coupon code is : fb50kfans

Mind you this was posted on facebook 6 hours ago, so as of now there is only 18 hours left to use it.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']I'm selling my fight night champion game. Excellent condition doesn't require me to have an unredeemed online pass does it?[/QUOTE]
No. I've sold NHL 11, NCAA 11 and Tiger Woods 11 with used online passes without any problem.

picked up SIMS 3 Sealed for DS for 10

EDIT got an email saying my credit card was declined.. call up the CC company they said a transaction never took place.... yet they will be more then happy to resell me the same game now at 13.31

Now i see why i took everything off this site i had to sell and cashed out all the money i had there

let see if the company does anything for me for this mistake (DOUBTFUL)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back