Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='toldawg128']
More coupons please.[/QUOTE]

Try "survey2011" for $5 off anything listed at $7 and above -- that worked for me when I used the other recent coupon code.

Damn, X-Men Destiny JUST came out yesterday, and it's already $35 shipped for excellent condition, if you use the survey2011 coupon code.

Another great experience with Glyde customer service. Game was listed as excellent but it came in a generic black case with no artwork which falls in the good condition category according to their guidelines so they refunded the difference between Excellent and Good condition so I got some money back.

[quote name='GenPirate']Another great experience with Glyde customer service. Game was listed as excellent but it came in a generic black case with no artwork which falls in the good condition category according to their guidelines so they refunded the difference between Excellent and Good condition so I got some money back.[/QUOTE]

Got the same situation. Bought Black Ops in excellent condition, but received the disc only, with rental stickers to boot. I was just going to return it but they expect me to pay half of the shipping cost which is $2.50.

Waiting to hear back from them, because I sure ain't paying to return a game whose condition was misrepresented so badly.

I just started to collect games, and i picked up Assassins Creed for 9 bucks shipped after using the code Survey2011. Thanks op, I keep hearing about how good this game is!

is anyone else having problems with items not wanting to load up? I am having trouble with it on both Firefox and IE. Probably just a glitch or they're running some kinda of maintenance on the site.

Grrr first time with a problem. Ordered Dead Island last Saturday PS3 after coupon 33.41 shipped. Still not in the mail. Every other time its been on its way after 6 days. Still nothing on tracking has not been through the post yet. I emailed and of course they say I should just wait a few days. Not digging it.

I ordered MGS 4 on 9/20 and it's still not in the mail, got an email saying they contacted the seller and it should be here by the middle of this coming week, so the new date is 10/5.

Glad to see it's not just me, sorry that you guys are having trouble though, this is the longest its taken out of 5 other orders to just ship. Maybe they had some back up mailing out the mailing containers? Who knows keep posting let us know when yours ships, arrives and condition.

[quote name='tightclaws']Glad to see it's not just me, sorry that you guys are having trouble though, this is the longest its taken out of 5 other orders to just ship. Maybe they had some back up mailing out the mailing containers? Who knows keep posting let us know when yours ships, arrives and condition.[/QUOTE]

It could just be the post office itself. During the holiday season it took 2 weeks for a mailer just to get to me from Glyde. There's also the possibility of the seller not sending the game out the next day.

[quote name='tightclaws']Glad to see it's not just me, sorry that you guys are having trouble though, this is the longest its taken out of 5 other orders to just ship. Maybe they had some back up mailing out the mailing containers? Who knows keep posting let us know when yours ships, arrives and condition.[/QUOTE]

My last oder was on 9-24 and the ETA was showing 10-5 thru 10-20! Now it shows ETA as 10-5, seems like a long time for some reason but oh well.

Got the Ultimate History of Video Games.

Wanted Extra lives but the coupon didnt apply since it wasn't over $5

Well I'll try to find something I want to use IGOTFIVE

igot five code is DEAD..

and the codes are 1 time only use.

the glyde system makes you make multiple purchases as their is no cart function on the site
i tried using survey2011 code both times and after the first transaction the code became invalid .
i tried making another acct. and using a different card. but it seems that they may have updated the site
to tag your ip or something like that cause it wont let me use any of the coupon codes more than 1 time

I'm new to xbox 360 so this seems pretty ace to grab older games for dirt cheap I received Bioshock via glyde got it for under $5 shipped with coupon suvey2011, it said it was marked as "good" it came in a case with sleeve and booklet but had gamestop stickers all over it disc was near mint so far no complaints. I ordered Assassins Creed and Dead Rising in apparently "excellent" condition both for $5 each. Hope theyre just as good as Bioshock.

I'm finding that my local post office isn't scanning in the delivery confirmation barcodes on most of the packages. it's frustating, but packages seem to be getting where they are supposed to be, maybe a few days later than expected. Had this same problem around this time last year too. I think it has a lot to do with who the mail carrier is and time of shipping. Mail was really screwed up during the holiday season.

[quote name='teknobeavr']igot five code is DEAD..

and the codes are 1 time only use.

the glyde system makes you make multiple purchases as their is no cart function on the site
i tried using survey2011 code both times and after the first transaction the code became invalid .
i tried making another acct. and using a different card. but it seems that they may have updated the site
to tag your ip or something like that cause it wont let me use any of the coupon codes more than 1 time[/QUOTE]
Each code is 1 time per household. I recently used a code to order Killzone 3 and my gf made an account and used the code to buy Folklore, the code worked at first but when she put in the address the code became invalid and it charged her full price, so yeah, Glyde has a bit of growing to do with it's cart system.

I am actually becoming annoyed with Glyde because it takes forever for stuff to ship out, I know it's not Glyde's fault but still, it's annoying when you check your tracking number days and weeks later and it still has 0 activity.

Got my Dead Island a bit miffed, it works and all but Buyer Beware Good condition could mean no case or instructions and a scratched up disc. I have had great luck so far with conditon games coming perfect, but not this time no case or instructions and surface of disc is a bit tatterd. I was sure buying new game like this one in good condition would yield me a trade able game but I don't think so. If you buy in good condition expect to keep it forever. Oh well next time I will pay the 4 extra bucks or wait a day or two to get same price for Excellent my bad.

[quote name='tightclaws']Got my Dead Island a bit miffed, it works and all but Buyer Beware Good condition could mean no case or instructions and a scratched up disc. I have had great luck so far with conditon games coming perfect, but not this time no case or instructions and surface of disc is a bit tatterd. I was sure buying new game like this one in good condition would yield me a trade able game but I don't think so. If you buy in good condition expect to keep it forever. Oh well next time I will pay the 4 extra bucks or wait a day or two to get same price for Excellent my bad.[/QUOTE]

You have the right to "Reject" the item if you're not pleased. It specifically says on the website that a "Good" condition item may have scratches and may lack the booklet so the seller wasn't being dishonest here.

Actually did it come in a case at all? If not, then the seller was being dishonest because Good condition stuff must have a case included (not necessarily the original case). There's an evn lower price tier for "Disc only"

[quote name='ssjmichael']You have the right to "Reject" the item if you're not pleased. It specifically says on the website that a "Good" condition item may have scratches and may lack the booklet so the seller wasn't being dishonest here.

Actually did it come in a case at all? If not, then the seller was being dishonest because Good condition stuff must have a case included (not necessarily the original case). There's an evn lower price tier for "Disc only"[/QUOTE]

Yeah it came with a crappy DVD case, no seller did nothing wrong here,
I just was hoping for a better. Which I have gotten both other times I ordered good condition. I knew the risk. The sad part is a day later the game was up on there in Excellent for same price:( With original box/artwork and instructions the game is not really in tradable condition. Next I just have to be more patient, to get the game in better condition at same $.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah it came with a crappy DVD case, no seller did nothing wrong here,
I just was hoping for a better. Which I have gotten both other times I ordered good condition. I knew the risk. The sad part is a day later the game was up on there in Excellent for same price:( With original box/artwork and instructions the game is not really in tradable condition. Next I just have to be more patient, to get the game in better condition at same $.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I am always afraid to buy anything in "Good" condition from Glyde. It would be nice if the difference between "Good" and "Disc Only" was more than just a random case.

[quote name='monkeydjesus']I bought enslaved and i got a fuckING OXM demo disk, this is bullshit[/QUOTE]

Oh wow you need to get that fixed asap.
I haven't had any issues with glyde, but looks like a few people here have.

I've purchased 20 or so games from Glyde with only 1 issue of the seller never sending it. No complaints on the quality, but I only buy excellent or new, afraid of "good".

I've only bought two things from Glyde, both E-readers and they were both good transactions. I've sold about 8 things and haven't had any probs. I'm honest about my listings and my stuff is always in excellent condition.

What I hate to see is people generalizing that Glyde is bad because they had a transaction with a scam seller. You really can't mae any judgements on the overall service when that happens but I see that happen from time to time

had my first poor Glyde experience. I ordered an Excellent Ys Seven that beat case with old GS sticker residue and a punched out UPC. And since i ordered the game with a $5 coupon it didnt cost me much, so needless to say after paying the half shipping to return, im getting like $4.64 back :/. But it was more of the principle than anything.

But I wont stop using them as ive had about 30 successful buying and selling transactions.

I have a bad feeling about my copy of MGS 4, glyde gave a new date which is the 5th of this month and yet my MGS 4 still isn't showing activity of being shipped. :(
Edit: So the person finally ships and the ETA is now the 8th, this is just the worst transaction i've had in a long time.

I ordered 2 games from them for the first time with the promo codes from this thread and I have to say it was an excellent deal. I had to wait longer for shipping than Amazon prime but the prices were so good I didn't mind waiting and my games showed up faster than they said they would and both were exactly as described which was excellent and new. I'm really very happy with the service and I'll be using it more in the future.

Sigh, what's with the increase in terrible sellers? I ordered Prototype in Excellent condition. I received a beat up generic black case with a hollywood video rental sticker and it had sharpie writing all over it and the disc plus the disc is scratched to all hell. The artwork or whatever you call it is also customized as it has Hollywood video rental information on the back and in the bottom right corner it says Copyright Hollywood Entertainment Corporation. Now I am going to have to argue with Glyde over the return shipping. I would pay to ship it back if I was at fault (like I no longer wanted the game or another personal reason) but I will not lose money over something like this.

[quote name='GenPirate']Sigh, what's with the increase in terrible sellers? I ordered Prototype in Excellent condition. I received a beat up generic black case with a hollywood video rental sticker and it had sharpie writing all over it and the disc. The artwork or whatever you call it is also customized as it has rental information on the back. Now I am going to have to argue with Glyde over the return shipping. I would pay to ship it back if I was at fault (like I no longer wanted the game or another personal reason).[/QUOTE]

That completely sucks.

Sucks to see a lot of bad glyde deals lately, I have a copy of GOW that is taking forever. I hope it is not a case of the seller got money then took their time to go find a crappy ex-rental copy of the game to sell me.

They need to either add a seller rating system, or become a middle man and inspect the items to be sure they are accurate. As a buyer you seem like you are set to loose out on shipping costs for something that is not your fault at all.

That's the problem, there is no feedback system for the seller. With amazon and ebay I can find out the seller and chose someone else if there is a problem.

Yeah, I think i'm done with Glyde, not only does it take forever to receive things, it's possible to get a crap deal(see posts above), I ordered MGS 4 back on the 20th of Sept since then I have seen so many MGS 4 deals which I am sure if I took I would be finished with MGS 4 by now, and now Killzone 3, it has an ETA of October 15th, I ordered this game on Sept 29th. You pay more for shipping(more than Gohastings, Gamestop, Newegg, Ebay)and yet buying from those places doesn't result in a 2 week wait time with a chance of a no-show.

Glyde needs to improve greatly. -_-

[quote name='62t']That's the problem, there is no feedback system for the seller. With amazon and ebay I can find out the seller and chose someone else if there is a problem.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if buyers could see at least if a seller had a good track record, if they're new, etc. even if they didn't provide specific details about the seller.

I got the last of my 3 recent items in today (two of them from the two $5 coupons and one from the gamespot marketplace coupon) and they were all complete. One (Scribblenauts) I wouldn't call "excellent" because the case is so beat up but it's close enough to keep. The other two (Fallout Brotherhood of Steel and Call of Cthulhu) were in great shape.

I'm not a fan of Glyde at all from a buyer standpoint. I had ordered something in the past and it was a bunch of junk, and then they wanted to charge me to return it. I get really vindictive when places like this screw me over, and I tend to screw them over much more in return.

I do sell on Glyde though because you can take advantage of it as a seller. I don't care if they ban me because I don't think they have much of a long term plan to keep things going. They used to have better customer service but that seems to have cracked down in the past month or so also. The whole concept is flawed and I haven't seen any improvements in the 18 months I've been using Glyde. That says a lot.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']I'm not a fan of Glyde at all from a buyer standpoint. I had ordered something in the past and it was a bunch of junk, and then they wanted to charge me to return it. I get really vindictive when places like this screw me over, and I tend to screw them over much more in return.

I do sell on Glyde though because you can take advantage of it as a seller. I don't care if they ban me because I don't think they have much of a long term plan to keep things going. They used to have better customer service but that seems to have cracked down in the past month or so also. The whole concept is flawed and I haven't seen any improvements in the 18 months I've been using Glyde. That says a lot.[/QUOTE]

So how exactly are you taking advantage of them as a seller?

last 3 deals went to hellon this site

pokemon ranger 2 took a month to get paid 5 perfect game
avalon code Never shipped paid 11 perfect game
my sims racing probally will never ship paid 5 for prefect game

Finally got a good deal on Jurassic: The Hunted, Excellent - $6.25. Just hope its not gonna turn out like the "Excellent" EDF Insect Armageddon I got that came in a generic thin DVD case with no cover art or manual. However Glyde gave me the option to return or get a partial refund of about $4, making the total purchase about $7, so I was definitely happy (once I tracked down a case of course).

I'm starting to have problems with Glyde as both a buyer and a seller. On the buy side, I never received a game that I used a promo code on. Now the code is gone. I emailed them to ask for another one. This is not a huge problem and happens with other sites too. But it does highlight the sorts of problems that can happen when you have a lot of no-shows.

On the sell side, I sold a game that was in good condition. It had some scratches but nothing too bad (I got it at GameStop) and it installed perfectly on my 360. I also double-checked to make sure it satisfied Glyde's definition of Good to a tee. Apparently the buyer didn't read what Good means because they're returning the game and I have to pay for the return mailer and half the shipping cost.

It's a shame too, this site has some amazing prices on going on on some things and some AMAZING(the other way) prices on other things. I would love to go back to Glyde but I can't until they improve the site a bit.

Exactly, it's a good concept that is not being executed properly. They can either improve in certain areas and grow as a business or stay the course and die slowly -- just like any other business.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Exactly, it's a good concept that is not being executed properly. They can either improve in certain areas and grow as a business or stay the course and die slowly -- just like any other business.[/QUOTE]

You still haven't answered my question:

So how exactly are you taking advantage of them as a seller?

Are you screwing over buyers because Glyde somehow screwed you over?

[quote name='tightclaws']SURVEY2011 code is dead too bad I was going to buy something tonight and now they lose.[/QUOTE]

I know that people have reported bad experiences from Glyde, but personally I've had 2 transactions through them and both went fine. I did a little bit of digging and the $5 off coupon code changed to "survey2011b" if you are interested.

Thanks for the heads up on code change, I have bought a 6 things there and got them all.

Nope that don't work either, ahh well bought from Family Video instead!

[quote name='tightclaws']Thanks for the heads up on code change, I have bought a 6 things there and got them all.

Nope that don't work either, ahh well bought from Family Video instead![/QUOTE]

Weird, I just entered it in and it worked for me. I think the minimum purchase is $5, just as a heads up.

[quote name='illennium']
On the sell side, I sold a game that was in good condition. It had some scratches but nothing too bad (I got it at GameStop) and it installed perfectly on my 360. I also double-checked to make sure it satisfied Glyde's definition of Good to a tee. Apparently the buyer didn't read what Good means because they're returning the game and I have to pay for the return mailer and half the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

Wait, does the game run fine or does it have to be installed in order to run? Two different situations entirely and if it is the second one then I would not blame the buyer for anything.

bread's done
Back