Go Hastings Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Use coupon code "Hastings" get 20% off used games and 10% off new. Bayonetta used for 33 bucks isnt too shabby. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didnt see it anywhere.

Mod Edit:

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shredder? Probably not. Right copy? Quick refund and you get to keep the incorrect copy(ies). ;)

Seriously, the last time I sent them an e-mail, I received a response roughly two weeks later. And that was me asking if tracking numbers are provided. (Which are apparently only for orders over $60 -IIRC- if you're going for the standard shipping)

[quote name='mediviper']Nope not at all. This thread was started at 2:39 am, Slick Deals posted at 10:30 am. So wooo go us. I can now continue bitching about Slick Deals!! :)[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I thought CAG was PM and not AM. Ooopsey doodle.

[quote name='sokari']Shredder? Probably not. Right copy? Quick refund and you get to keep the incorrect copy(ies).[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming the people that got "lucky" haven't heard the horror stories of people that got dicked...

Quick refund? If you can get a hold of them? I'm skeptical. I better get to keep the copy if their dumbass can't get it right...

I've only began using Hastings early last month, when the 30% promo started. I did follow the thread about it in CAG closely, and noticed a large number of positive remarks about them, which is why I actually decided to go ahead and order in the first place; I was skeptic as well.

My first order had 4 games. I was sent Star Ocean 1 instead of Star Ocean 2 (I did not even notice this until I had the time to go through them a few days later). I called -since my email about tracking numbers still went unanswered- and a CSR picked up, no waiting queue too! I told the CSR what happened and was issued a refund that appeared roughly three days later. All in all, reminiscent of Amazon customer service, though the ability to keep Star Ocean 1 is indeed a huge plus. Of course... I'm not praising their habit of sending incorrect orders to customers.

Rogue Galaxy & Dragon Quest VIII for $15.37 shipped. Was influenced by the other thread for amazon...Hopefully I won't regret buying them used. Though the last 3 games I bought from them were complete and one was brand new.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm assuming the people that got "lucky" haven't heard the horror stories of people that got dicked...

Quick refund? If you can get a hold of them? I'm skeptical. I better get to keep the copy if their dumbass can't get it right...[/QUOTE]

I was one of those people that got shafted 4 out of 4 orders from dec 7th to dec 18th orders. It seems each order either they came unplayable or the wrong items. There was even one that never came and was told i was not charged and canceled but i did get charged for it. The unplayable and wrong items i had to return to them which i have yet to get a refund and has been almost 2 weeks now. They never responded to 10+ emails i started to send since dec 13th so there email support is F-.

There phone support they would hangup on after yet again explain what was going on. I finally got them to do something which i was told i had to return the items for a full refund. They said the items i ordered are not instock at this time so they would not exchange them. They lied and told them i was surfing there site now and every game i ordered was instock. They told me it was not and i said to myself why bother i will just return them. I had good luck with a new account and recent orders. I got super shafted during the holiday pre xmas sales bad. I have a feeling they will keep the returned items and try to stiff me out of a refund. The tracking showed it was delivered over a week ago so i hope i get my $60 some bucks back.

The recent orders almost all of 6 games came mint with everything included. I learned not to ever order collecters editions and PH editions from this place cause i always got the reg copies which i only wanted the updated ones with DLC added.

I am getting good stuff since after xmas orders so all is good for recent ones. I got about 6 more coming so i hope they come playable all i care about.

Do not be afraid to buy those insane deals or cheap old games there worth the risk. The higher priced stuff i order from other places for a little extra. The support here is bad and the unknown scares me with them.

The stuff with them jacking the prices before a sale happens often with merchants online. They boosted a lot of well liked 360 games just as they put the new coupon up. I bought from them over the years and they always done this. I just noticed a bunch got boosted or deleted for the 360 section the other sections i did not look at so i can not comment on those. The halo wars lowered price is sweet so i am happy there. I bet that did not sell well during the holiday sale why it got lowered. It is all about the demand of games which lowers or raises the prices most times. I am a bargain shopper for online since they had online shopping.

Anyways i just wanted to point out to people they jacked prices up on some stuff. I figured i save people money cause those will drop again or buy somewhere else cause they are mostly cheaper somewhere else if you know where to look. I am digging the stuff i am getting now from them so they are redeeming there selfs in my eyes.

Saix, it's been like that on and off today. Just keep checking.

Got my order through for Demon's Souls earlier, probably just in time too. Awesome. :D

What are peoples experiences with this company in terms of how fast they fulful orders, especially on newer games that are used?

I bit on Bayonetta for about $36 shipped used, whiche just seems too good to be true for a game only released 2 weeks, yet the site says it should ship within 48 hrs- i hope this doesn't end up in "backordered" hell where I end up waiting 2 months for the used copies to come in.

they fulfill quickly, but they are pulled from whatever store has them in stock to ship, so you never know where it's actually coming from. personally, i've always had great luck with them.

so i ordered three games on thursday.They shipped on friday and i received two today.

X360 Medal of Honor:Airbone: still sealed, excellent condition of course A+

PS3 Midnight Club:LA: came complete,no scratches on disc. case a little damaged but not much. A

I ordered all three games used. I'll update when I receive Saint's Row 2 for PS3. Great first experience with the site. Will probably buy some more games this week to stock up on games since I barely got a ps3 and xbox 360 this past christmas

Picked up Condemned, Condemned 2, FEAR, Prey, Mass Effect, and Gears of War for 47 bucks shipped during the B2G$1.

Received all but Gears today (Poor mailman delivered 8 packages today). Every one was complete except condemned (no manual.) Wish I'd have gotten the manual, but hey, 6 excellent games for 47 - I'm not complaining. Mass Effect came as the platinum hits as well (which I ordered).

Stickers on some cases, nothing too bad.

I ordered Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts on Wednesday the 13th. I recieved them today (Tuesday the 19th) in near perfect condition. Includes both manual and folded up "plan" along with a scratch free disc. The case actually has some bits of shrink-wrap still left on it.

got 2 of my games today

midnight club la : complete edition, looks brand new, not one scratch. A+

Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction, has the sticker on the center of disc (previously viewed), but no scratches. B+

[quote name='rgon86']Argh, still waiting on Tales of V. to come in.[/QUOTE]

Same. I ordered on the 17th I think it was and no word on it yet.

I am pretty sure I just got one of the best deals the site has to offer. Batman Arkham Asylum Collectors edition for 32.99 :) I wonder how they will ship it, because it sure as hell wont be fitting into a padded envelope.

Just got a great deal from this sale. Batman Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition for $35.00 Shipped. :) I wonder how they will ship it though, because there is no way in hell that will fit in a padded envelope. I just hope the order doesnt get cancelled.

ordered bayonetta used, about 4 days and no shipment- noticed the status went from available to out of stock, but later was in stock got nervous and cancelled... I can't stand when they take more than a day to ship.

Now the girl I called to cancel said its taken care of, but the site hasn't updated and still shows my order as active nor received an email confirmation- driving me absolutely nuts!

[quote name='deathsaber']ordered bayonetta used, about 4 days and no shipment- noticed the status went from available to out of stock, but later was in stock got nervous and cancelled... I can't stand when they take more than a day to ship.

Now the girl I called to cancel said its taken care of, but the site hasn't updated and still shows my order as active nor received an email confirmation- driving me absolutely nuts![/QUOTE]

Go hastings does seem to be quite the clusterfuck. But when ordering through them does pay off, it pays off big.

GUNNM this is what I was worried about when I saw that God of War: Olympus (PSP) was shipped on December 23rd and I would believe it would have been and it did not arrive until the 9th of January so it does come although since GoHastings uses 'media mail' it takes time. Also remember that it comes from various locations in the US so it might take a little longer than another location which comes quickly.

Word of warning: sometimes they send you the WRONG item and then you have to deal with the returns process.

Trying to contact them about it is basically a waste of time.

This has happened to me once so far out of 15 or so items purchased, and I have heard about it happening to others.

[quote name='mediviper']Just got a great deal from this sale. Batman Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition for $35.00 Shipped. :) I wonder how they will ship it though, because there is no way in hell that will fit in a padded envelope. I just hope the order doesnt get cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I have had big action figures from Hastings ship in a big padded envelope. I am guessing that is how they will ship yours as well.

does anyone know what the difference between Previously Viewed and used are?

Demon's Souls is available for $42 with Previously Viewed and $53.99 used?

[quote name='GUNNM']How long does it take to get your packages? Two games were supposedly shipped friday and nothing yet.[/QUOTE]
I has taken anywhere from 4-8 days or so for me to get packages before

[quote name='xCappax']does anyone know what the difference between Previously Viewed and used are?

Demon's Souls is available for $42 with Previously Viewed and $53.99 used?[/QUOTE]

According to their customer support,

Previously viewed = Rentals
Used = Trade-ins / Returns / Etc.

On average, "Used" are in better condition, but are a little more expensive. I'm sure there are exceptions, but these are some general guidelines.

Fun fact - ordered 3 games during the b2g1 sale. Got 2 games in perfect condition; as for the third I instead received a Star Wars Yoda Force FX Lightsaber toy. Weird.

The way some people report what they ordered from what they received makes me think they use these to create the orders.

url

So maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I just entered the promotion code on the shopping cart page, and everything is staying the same.

Edit: Never mind, apparently it's case-sensitive, and it's actually "hastings" that works, not "Hastings"

[quote name='Skydude']So maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I just entered the promotion code on the shopping cart page, and everything is staying the same.

Edit: Never mind, apparently it's case-sensitive, and it's actually "hastings" that works, not "Hastings"[/QUOTE]

I did that too XD

Fun fact - ordered 3 games during the b2g1 sale. Got 2 games in perfect condition; as for the third I instead received a Star Wars Yoda Force FX Lightsaber toy. Weird.

You can sell the lightsaber for 100 on eBay :p

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']Fun fact - ordered 3 games during the b2g1 sale. Got 2 games in perfect condition; as for the third I instead received a Star Wars Yoda Force FX Lightsaber toy. Weird.

You can sell the lightsaber for 100 on eBay :p[/QUOTE]

I wish they would send me a force fx lightsaber. Thats a pretty nice screw up!

I received two games today and I'm relieved and satisfied with them.

Wolverine - A

No scratches on the disk, case in good condition complete.

DiRT 2 - B

Case had a broken latch but it was in good condition otherwise with manual included. Disk had no scratches.

Now to wait for the 3rd game.

Requested a few CDs and an older PS2 game (NeoContra). Everything arrived in excellent condition and complete. Really weird though because each item came in a different envelopes over the course of about a week.

[quote name='dchrisd']Requested a few CDs and an older PS2 game (NeoContra). Everything arrived in excellent condition and complete. Really weird though because each item came in a different envelopes over the course of about a week.[/QUOTE]

That's just the way they do it. They ship each item from the store with availability that is closest to you. So even though one store 800 miles away might have all 5 things you want, they will ship 1 item from the store 100 miles away, 1 from another, etc. You get an e-mail each time a package leaves, listing the contents of that shipment. I ordered 10 games, 8 have shipped, and apparently each is coming in a separate shipment. My mail carrier will just love that.

[quote name='Mjolnir']That's just the way they do it. They ship each item from the store with availability that is closest to you. So even though one store 800 miles away might have all 5 things you want, they will ship 1 item from the store 100 miles away, 1 from another, etc. You get an e-mail each time a package leaves, listing the contents of that shipment. I ordered 10 games, 8 have shipped, and apparently each is coming in a separate shipment. My mail carrier will just love that.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing my mail carrier loved my 12 packages in one day (6 were Hastings games, 4 were college books from different sellers, 1 was an Amazon game, 1 was from gamestop)

In my experience this site is not very reliable. I got three games when they had the buy 2 get a 3rd for a dollar sale and they sent me Resistance 2 in Killzone 2's case instead of Killzone 2 which I had ordered. When I called them they said they didn't even have Killzone 2 in stock right now. At least they refunded my money on that game which got me Resistance 2, Brutal Legend and Infamous for 30 dollars.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']Fun fact - ordered 3 games during the b2g1 sale. Got 2 games in perfect condition; as for the third I instead received a Star Wars Yoda Force FX Lightsaber toy. Weird.

You can sell the lightsaber for 100 on eBay :p[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! I just was checking some auctions, and it looks like you really did get the better end of the bargain, even though they f'd your order totally up! I bet you didn't call and complain, did ya?! ;)

Congrats!

I had nightmares on 4 orders during the holidays but since jan this year i been getting top shape stuff. They still have not refunded $100+ bucks and i returned the stuff 3 weeks ago. I have to call again and listen to there lies saying why i still did not get a refund. I got the tracking to prove it was delivered 2 weeks ago. Just never believe a word they say and keep hammering away for them to fix it.

Damn I want a Yoda LightSaber FX Super Killer 2K or whatever it is..

Anyway I canceled my order for 2x New Tales Of Vesperia. They still hadn't given me any info at all on the order. I see they have it "available" right now for 32.42 shipped if anyone wants to try their luck with it.

bread's done
Back