Go Hastings Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Use coupon code "Hastings" get 20% off used games and 10% off new. Bayonetta used for 33 bucks isnt too shabby. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didnt see it anywhere.

Mod Edit:

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']Holy crap! I just was checking some auctions, and it looks like you really did get the better end of the bargain, even though they f'd your order totally up! I bet you didn't call and complain, did ya?! ;)

Congrats![/QUOTE]

Turns out I got my third game yesterday also (sadly in an aftermarket case, but otherwise in fine condition - so I'll go to Gamestop to swap the case since they don't seem to mind).

Strangely, the lightsaber didn't actually come with a Hastings shipping label; I had to look up the address on the label to figure out that it came from the Hastings in Sweetwater, TX or something. Regardless, I guess I have one more lightsaber than I did before. I did send them an email asking them if they want it back (I have no good reason to screw Hastings, they've been good to me). If they don't, I reckon I'll sell it.

Ordered 3 games last week and they all shipped at the same time. Received one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, but havent received the third yet (Batman:AA).

Ordered 4 used games, the first game today complete with only a few fingerprints to clean off the disc, still waiting on the other 3

I ordered 10 games. 9 have shipped, I just received the first.

Bionic Commando (360) - It came "complete" but the case is completely destroyed, the manual is a bit mangled, and the disc is covered in surface scratches with a few deep scratches. It starts, but I don't know that I trust it not to have problems at some point. A bit disappointing really, but I'll see how the others turn out.

3rd game Mass Effect came today, It's complete with no scratches on the disk. I'm satisfied. I have to give GoHastings props because so far the only mistake they made was giving me the Matrix Trilogy BR instead of what I ordered which was The Matrix 25th anniversary ed. BR. lol

SO does anyone know if there is a code fro free shippin at hastings....i would bit on a couple of these deals but the 4 buck shipping kinda negates the coupon...do they charge shipping for each game?

OK, after ordering 21 games, well....still waiting for the final 2, I finally got bit by Hastings.

I had been ordering, receiving and then reordering....but on the last day, I hit the sale hard for my sixth order. They sent the wrong game and could not replace it, excite truck, and of course it was the $1 game. I received Excitebots in it's place. It would be worthless to send it back. After explaining this on the phone, I was given back my shipping cost which exceeded the price of the dollar game. Yea, waters for everyone!

Still can't complain because this was a great online deal. In the future, I will try to stick to PS3 and DS USED games from Hastings as much as possible.

It seems to me that my best experience has been with the USED PS3 and USED DS titles. The 360 and Wii games, for the average, were much worse for wear. Especially the Wii games for some reason. HOWEVER, every disc worked and is playable.

Glad the deal is over. I treated this deal like a prostitute and am happy my urge to spend-save is over....atleast for now. :cool:

Received Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII.

Rogue Galaxy
Disc: A-
Manual: A+
Case: A-
Notes: Manual is crisp and basically untouched. Can't seem to find any scratches on the disc but there are more fibers and dust than expected. Overall it is the closest thing to new you can get.

DQ8
Disc: B
Manual: C
Case: B
Notes: Manual seems really used. Like old homework that has been sitting in a backpack. Case and disc are relatively unharmed but could be better. A few scratches on the disc. Don't believe it will affect gameplay later but could always be wrong.

Ordered Super Paper Mario on the 17th and got it today. In almost immaculate condition. It even came with the registration code but unfortunately it had been used. So if anyone has a spare code for the game I'll take it off of your hands. Overall impressed with Gohastings. Also can't beat the $21.98 price tag for a game that usually goes for at least $32.99 used. Also the game was Previously Viewed so I was expecting it to be a bit more beat up but it wasn't.

Still waiting on 2 Tekken 6 for the PS3. Placed the order a week ago it says they have been shipped, but it is taking longer than they have in the past. GS better not drop the retail of the game.

to the people who tried their previously viewed products:
are they really that bad?
like "doesn't work/unplayable" bad?

i don't really care about manuals and covers
just as long as the game itself works, i'm fine

[quote name='gi60']Since they ship out the game separately, do they also charge your card separately?[/QUOTE]

Only once. They charge the total to your card once everything ships.

[quote name='justasplanned']to the people who tried their previously viewed products:
are they really that bad?
like "doesn't work/unplayable" bad?

i don't really care about manuals and covers
just as long as the game itself works, i'm fine[/QUOTE]

Just started playing it and it works perfectly. Like I said there were no marks on it.

I ordered Tiger Woods 09 and Halo Wars both used, both came complete in perfect condition.

My Kameo order is still "in progress" so I'm guessing I'm SOL on that one. :(

Hahaha, hastings finally canceled my order of Vesperia New. It was in stock day 1 of this sale when I got it, and then it was magically out of stock. Blargh status x4

Got :ps3:Bionic Commando and :ds:Witch's Tale yesterday, both in great condition (but the manual for the latter is slightly bent, but otherwise both are in perfect condition).

Got Kane & Lynch yesterday, it was my first game from Hastings that did not have the original case. Instead it came in a black PS3 case and the cover art had GS stickers all over it. I hate it when I get games from GS like that, it is even more annoying when I get the GS treatment when purchasing from another retailer.

got lost odyssey and it came in a standard black dvd case with no instructions. all four discs were put in a paper disc envelope and shipped in the box. the discs were fine except one had like super glue? on top. it was a bitch getting that stuff off the disc.

I recently ordered during the Buy 2 get 1 for $1 sale Final Fantasy X, The Darkness (Xbox 360), and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP). I received only Final Fantasy X, Syphon Filter case had the wrong game (Ultimate Board Game Collection). I had called back and will get a refund but it was the dollar game and it is not bad with the deals they usually have usually.

Got all 4 of the used games that I ordered, and maybe I just got lucky because mine all came complete, and the discs look great. One of the cases was a bit worn, and I had to wipe a few fingerprints off the discs, but other than that, good to go.

Ordered 3 Wii games during the B2G1. I placed my order on 1/16. Figured I would get some Wii games I never got around to...cheap too.

Used - No More Heroes shipped on 1/18 and got it on 1/20. It was in pretty good condition. Case was in okay condition...not great, but not bad. It came complete with artwork, manual, and disc which were very good. Disc had a small bar code sticker around the inside ring, but it peeled off and I rubbed off the sticky residue with alcohol.

Used - Dead Space Extraction shipped on 1/18 and got in on 1/21. The case was broken on both sides. It came complete with the artwork, manual, and disc still perfect. I swapped out the case with another white case I had.

Used - The Conduit did not get shipped until this morning (1/22), so dunno on it yet. I don't know why it took a week just to ship it out. I kept checking the stock and the game was always in stock though the price went up or down about $1-2 every day.

Overall, it has been better than what I expected. I got all USED games as only one of them had a PV version, but the PV version of it was like $4 more for some reason (seems like most are cheaper, not more expensive). Hopefully The Conduit is in great condition too...the only problem I have had was with the broken case, but that could have happened in the mail. It did not damage the artwork, manual, or disc though. I got all 3 for less than $15 each, so it has been well worth it for me.

Just got Dragon Age that I ordered and I'm very pleased..

Previously Viewed (rented), came with case, disc but no manual.. I was kinda peeved at first, but then they were kind enough to include a code for Stone Prisoner DLC, a 15 dollar value and all was forgiven. I will use GoHastings again.

All for XB360:

1. Halo Wars; Grade = A
Small hole in the case but nothing to fret over. Manual in great shape. Disc no scratches.

2. The Beatles Rock Band; Grade A
Case and manual almost like new. Included the code for the Tshirt. Disc no scratches.

3. Halo 3; Grade C
Case insert was torn and creased. No manual. Disc very scratched.

Overall, I'm pleased with GoHastings. I will try them again in the future.

[quote name='jubeininja69']got lost odyssey and it came in a standard black dvd case with no instructions. all four discs were put in a paper disc envelope and shipped in the box. the discs were fine except one had like super glue? on top. it was a bitch getting that stuff off the disc.[/QUOTE]

Lame.... I was just about to order this, but that's a damn rip-off. At least, to me it would be.

Got Demon's Souls in the mail today, came complete with case and manual. The only sign of it being used that I noticed was some fingerprints around the outside of the disk. Very nice!

Received these two this week:

Resident Evil 5- 360
Complete, but the bottom of the case was completely smashed, sides were dented. I think this was just due to being mishandled during delivery. It was delivered in a bubblewrap envelope, and I didn't really expect much more. It's just unfortunate that it had to happen. Luckily, I'm just replacing a lost disc, and the disc that I received was pristine, possibly resurfaced.

Soul Calibur IV- 360
Case was dented.
Manual was missing.
Disc had a circle sticker, but was otherwise in good condition.

So, I got some mixed results here. I wish SCIV had come complete rather than Resident Evil 5, but overall it would a good experience for the price.

just orded 3 copies Bionic commado(360) for 5.54 each, since i realized i can trade those in for 20 each in Buyback games....

I ordered seven games for like $66. I would have order some more, but I want to save some money in case something awesome comes along.

[quote name='jubeininja69']got lost odyssey and it came in a standard black dvd case with no instructions. all four discs were put in a paper disc envelope and shipped in the box. the discs were fine except one had like super glue? on top. it was a bitch getting that stuff off the disc.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o I hope I receive a better copy than what you got, or I'd try to get it replaced.

[quote name='Niwen Starfire']I ordered seven games for like $66. I would have order some more, but I want to save some money in case something awesome comes along.

:whistle2:o I hope I receive a better copy than what you got, or I'd try to get it replaced.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree....for me personally, a standard black case is completely unacceptable. I like my games to be uniform when placed on my shelf......

[quote name='Refractor_Champion']I completely agree....for me personally, a standard black case is completely unacceptable. I like my games to be uniform when placed on my shelf......[/QUOTE]
eh i wouldnt complain the b2g1 deal is sick, in canada the closest deal ive ever seen is from ebgames buy 2 get 1 50% off.
and we dont even have GS where I live.

Here is the history and results of my orders. This covered the B2G$1, 30% off, blowout code, and $5 off promotions.

*My main reason for posting this is just to point out I ordered a bunch of CE and LE games. Astonishingly most if not all came complete.

Good = some surface scratches, nothing else notable
Excellent = no discernable marks

My last order, I had a few items canceled including 1 Metroid Prime Trilogy but because I ordered two, they just charged me half price for 1 and adjusted shipping.

Shipping ranged from 7-12 for the lots. Most items came individually in bubble mailers and a few came in rather large reversed priority boxes (?).

A few items were ordered new (see asterix).

Thanks to the OP and whoever brought my attention originally to this great company and also to everyone who has posted and shared their experience.

01/10/2010
MGS 4 CE 31.34 (excellent-complete)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (2) 31.38 + 1.00 status:(received 1- excellent-complete) 15.69- other 1 canceled)
50Cent Bulletproof (NEW) 1.96 status: canceled
Sly 2 Band of Thieves (NEW-sealed/perfect) 4.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift (NEW) 1.96 status: canceled

01/04/2010
Prey CE XB360(good-complete) 1.00Star Wars: Battlefront II PS2 (excellent-complete) 8.73
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty CE XB360 (excellent-complete) 12.09

Bionic Commando XB360 (excellent-complete) 1.00
Gears of War LE XB360 (good-complete-name of previous owner on discs, manual worn a bit) 12.22
Spider-Man 3 LE PS3 (excellent-complete) 13.28

01/01/2010
*Fallout 3 CE XB360 (NEW-perfect) 22.50 after blowout code
Fable II limited edition XB360 (excellent-complete) 1.00
Wolfenstein XB360 (good-complete) 1.00
Brutal Legend PS3 (excellent-complete) 28.48
Street Fighter IV CE XB360 (complete) 22.78
Resident Evil 5 CE XB360 (excellent-complete) 28.48
Infamous PS3 (good-no manual) 27.27

12/12/2009
*Saints Row 2 CE XB360 (NEW-perfect) 18.00
The Italian Job XB (excellent-complete) 1.07

Galleon XB (excellent-complete) 1.33
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness XB (excellent-complete) 2.76

12/09/2009
Alter Echo XB (good-complete) 1.33
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2 (good-complete) 1.33
Far Cry Instincts Revolution XB (good-no manual) 1.99
Timesplitters: Future Perfect XB (good-no manual) 2.40
Siren PS2 (good-complete) 2.76
Manhunt PS2 (good-complete) 3.33
Yakuza PS2 (good-complete) 6.38
Raiden Fighter Aces XB360(excellent-complete) 11.37

ordered 2 ds games and a psp game on monday night, got all three today in mail, great condition all complete. i love my capcom puzzle collection

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Ordered a few cheap cds and 8 comic trades/graphic novels but oddly no games Xo[/QUOTE]

Slightly OT, but can anyone tell me the typical condition of used trade paperbacks? If not, that's cool. Maybe I'll pick a cheap one up next time I buy some games.

[quote name='Ravingraven']what's the difference between "used" and "previously viewed"?[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken.

Used = Copy someone traded in.
Previously Viewed = Store Rental Copy.

Got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in the mail, excellent condition, disc is near mint, the cover is spotless only the corner of the booklet is bent.

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1. Current deal is dead if a mod wants to change the title to the current one.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']does anyone know how long it takes for your cc to get refunded? and anywhere to check if the refund was actually placed?[/QUOTE]

Requested a refund in December, I believe it took around a a week at the most.

bread's done
Back