God of War 2 for $15.99!!! (not Greatest Hits)

illini1010

CAGiversary!
Alright, if you have seen the posts on the offical price drop thread you will know what i am about to say... if not read on.

I consider this a deal and belongs here because its 20 bucks off of a 40 dollar game. Yes the greatest hits version will be out proly next week, but this way you can get a black label copy and get it a week early.

This deal is at Gamestop (or you can price match at other stores). Go to the counter and grab one of the free booklets they have, it is called "The Guide". It has a picture of the main charactor from GTAIV on the cover.

Turn to page 44, and look at the bottom of the page. It says God of War 2 is the newest greatest hit and of course is priced at $19.99. Show the person at the counter at they will have to honor that price, even for a black label copy! On the back of "The Guide" it says all prices are valid til april 6 so you will have to do this either Saturday or Sunday. On top of it all, if you use the 10 percent off coupon, it will take an additional 4 bucks off because it takes the 10 percent off of the original $39.99 price. so your actually getting it for $15.99!

here are the scans...

Front Cover of "The Guide"
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0002-20080405005149.jpg/view/

Back Cover of "The Guide" (the small print on the bottom is where it says April 6)
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0003-20080405005207.jpg/view/

Page 44 showing the GoW2 as a Greatest Hits title.
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0004-20080405005914.jpg/view/

Recipt of the purchase showing the $20 and $4 discount.
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0005-20080405005933.jpg/view/

On a side note; the ad also said ratchet and clank for the psp is confirmed as a greatest hits title, and it was good to see the dualshock 3 on store shelves finally... it just wasnt the same without them.

I'll give it a try tomorrow too; thanks, OP.

Are they doing anything special for the GH version (like add anything special to it)?

[quote name='SSJMies']I'll give it a try tomorrow too; thanks, OP.

Are they doing anything special for the GH version (like add anything special to it)?[/quote]

I dont think they are adding anything to it, but according to the picture it will still be the 2 disc version.

[quote name='SSJMies']Are they doing anything special for the GH version (like add anything special to it)?[/quote]

More boobs! ;)

Thanks for the sneaky tip, OP.

[quote name='destynnova']I just did it in Circuit City today and works perfectly... everything except the 10% cupon, of course[/quote]

CC should have PMed with 110% of the difference.

10% of $20 is $2, so you should have gotten it for $17.99 + tax...right? ;)

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']CC should have PMed with 110% of the difference.

10% of $20 is $2, so you should have gotten it for $17.99 + tax...right? ;)[/quote]

No, I didn't know about the 110% thing, I just show "The Guide" to the clerk and he charge me 19.99 + Tax

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']CC should have PMed with 110% of the difference.

10% of $20 is $2, so you should have gotten it for $17.99 + tax...right? ;)[/quote]They only give the extra 10% if you buy it first and then come back with a lower advertised price later.

If the 10% off coupon is taking off $4, I wonder if the EDGE card would also take off $4, making this $11.99... If anyone gets the chance to try it tomorrow, let us know.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']If the 10% off coupon is taking off $4, I wonder if the EDGE card would also take off $4, making this $11.99... If anyone gets the chance to try it tomorrow, let us know.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but I think we're talking new copies here.

Thanks alot OP, this is worth a shot.

But I'm not too sure if that 10% will be taken off from $40 or $20 though, I don't quite get why it would be taken off the $40..

I'll try tomorrow and see what'll happen. Thanks again!

[quote name='jdawgg76']They only give the extra 10% if you buy it first and then come back with a lower advertised price later.[/quote]
Actually no, Sears is like you said, but CC is weird. They only offer the 110% at the time of a pricematch purchase, and in my experience, one has to *ask* for it as they 'forget' to do it automatically. If you buy first and then try and get an adjustment, according to their policy, you'll only get the difference, no extra bucks.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll get CC pricematch with GS this week or Sears[/quote]

Remember on the back of "the guide" it says offers only good until April 6th which is tomorrow.

[quote name='destynnova']I just did it in Circuit City today and works perfectly... everything except the 10% cupon, of course[/quote]

You should have at least gotten it for a few bucks cheaper. They do 110% pm there.

[quote name='jdawgg76']They only give the extra 10% if you buy it first and then come back with a lower advertised price later.[/quote]

Not true. I've gotten this multiple times without having to pre-purchase the item beforehand.

However, Bestbuy is strict on this PM policy.

The manager at my local Gamestop wouldn't give it to me at $19.99. He said the ad isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. He did have them and brought one out though. When I asked about the date on the ad, he read the "valid through April 6th" part and followed by saying, "which means it starts tomorrow." Huh? Anyway, he wouldn't give it to me, but let me keep the ad, so I'll try Circuit City. I hope they don't have issue with the greatest hits business.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']The manager at my local Gamestop wouldn't give it to me at $19.99. He said the ad isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. He did have them and brought one out though. When I asked about the date on the ad, he read the "valid through April 6th" part and followed by saying, "which means it starts tomorrow." Huh? Anyway, he wouldn't give it to me, but let me keep the ad, so I'll try Circuit City. I hope they don't have issue with the greatest hits business.[/quote]

Yeah when i told the manager at my gamestop about it he instantly flipped it over to the back to look to see when the date expires. as soon as he saw it saaid april 6th he said, "hmm thats not suppose to be in there this week, but i guess i gotta give it to you."

if they advertise it for a price and say its this week they are suppose to give it to you, just sounds like the guy at your store was being a jerk.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Thanks alot OP, this is worth a shot.

But I'm not too sure if that 10% will be taken off from $40 or $20 though, I don't quite get why it would be taken off the $40..

I'll try tomorrow and see what'll happen. Thanks again![/quote]

If you look at the recipt i scanned it says next to the 20 dollar discount that the promotion "is not found" so they had to manually take off 20 dollars and for some reason it makes the system glitch and give you 10% off of the original price. I know it dosent sound like it would but its been confirmed by other people i know too!

this is the moment I've been waiting for 20.00 non GH version after months of kicking myself for not picking it up at amz for 30.00

Well went to my local GS and found "The Guide" and asked them if they would honor it... He looked at it and looked on back to see the dates and laughed and said wow this is a deal and we never look at these guides when we get them. So he said yeah we have to honor it and they also took the 10% off coupon so I got my copy for $19.00 even after taxes.

Thanks again OP

Quick question guys: The ad says that new Greatest Hits comes with 2 disc, does the original one come with only 1? And whats better about the original "Black Label" version? Just the fact that it doesn't say "Greatest Hits!" on the cover?Or was something removed on the GH one?

Thanks.

Tried two Gamestops didn't work, so I just went to a nearby Circuit City and they pricematched reluctantly.

Boy do I hate Gamestop.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Quick question guys: The ad says that new Greatest Hits comes with 2 disc, does the original one come with only 1? And whats better about the original "Black Label" version? Just the fact that it doesn't say "Greatest Hits!" on the cover?Or was something removed on the GH one?

Thanks.[/quote]

Same game, same features. One has a huge red banner, the other doesn't.

So yeah, just what you surmised (with the exception of the disc count.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Quick question guys: The ad says that new Greatest Hits comes with 2 disc, does the original one come with only 1? And whats better about the original "Black Label" version? Just the fact that it doesn't say "Greatest Hits!" on the cover?Or was something removed on the GH one?

Thanks.[/quote]

The original Black label one did have 2 discs also. Black label is always better then GH in my book the only one I can deal with is Devil May Cry 3 SE.

I doubt they will put any bonus stuff into the GH version seeing they did not with the first one.

Success in Bronx, NY. They have to honor the deal on the circular, no matter if it says greatest hits :). Nothing feels better than taking advantage of Rapestop

Off topic but does Best Buy still have the Gamer Gift Cards for $5 off of $19.99 and up games?
If they do, you can just wait and get GOW2 for $14.99 when it officially drops everywhere.

[quote name='jboy']Off topic but does Best Buy still have the Gamer Gift Cards for $5 off of $19.99 and up games?
If they do, you can just wait and get GOW2 for $14.99 when it officially drops everywhere.[/quote]

No they got rid of them late last year, I think...

So I stopped by a Gamestop today to see if they had the guide in question. Looked all over and didn't see it. It was far too busy in there for me to have to wait and ask about it.

I was wondering where they usually put these guides?

Also does anyone know when the official street date is for the GH version?

[quote name='Derrick1979']they are the same store now[/quote]

I know this, but I wasn't sure if they both put out this same style of "guide"...they would obviously be stupid not to...

Well anyways, does anyone know its GH official street date status?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So I stopped by a Gamestop today to see if they had the guide in question. Looked all over and didn't see it. It was far too busy in there for me to have to wait and ask about it.

I was wondering where they usually put these guides?

Also does anyone know when the official street date is for the GH version?[/quote]

They were in a stand right next to the cashiers counter.

Thanks OP! The manager was very kind in honoring the price match. I'm lucky he walked out from back just as I found the price in the magazine.

I would assume it has to be soon and once it goes GH people will still find plenty of Black label ones around but it was nice to get it early especially if you have been waiting forever for this.

Gamestop refused to sell it for $19.99. They interpreted it as the price that the Greatest Hits will be whenever it comes out.

I took it over to Circuit City and they PMed np, -10% * ($20).

Thanks!

bread's done
Back