God of War 2 for $15.99!!! (not Greatest Hits)

illini1010

CAGiversary!
Alright, if you have seen the posts on the offical price drop thread you will know what i am about to say... if not read on.

I consider this a deal and belongs here because its 20 bucks off of a 40 dollar game. Yes the greatest hits version will be out proly next week, but this way you can get a black label copy and get it a week early.

This deal is at Gamestop (or you can price match at other stores). Go to the counter and grab one of the free booklets they have, it is called "The Guide". It has a picture of the main charactor from GTAIV on the cover.

Turn to page 44, and look at the bottom of the page. It says God of War 2 is the newest greatest hit and of course is priced at $19.99. Show the person at the counter at they will have to honor that price, even for a black label copy! On the back of "The Guide" it says all prices are valid til april 6 so you will have to do this either Saturday or Sunday. On top of it all, if you use the 10 percent off coupon, it will take an additional 4 bucks off because it takes the 10 percent off of the original $39.99 price. so your actually getting it for $15.99!

here are the scans...

Front Cover of "The Guide"
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0002-20080405005149.jpg/view/

Back Cover of "The Guide" (the small print on the bottom is where it says April 6)
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0003-20080405005207.jpg/view/

Page 44 showing the GoW2 as a Greatest Hits title.
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0004-20080405005914.jpg/view/

Recipt of the purchase showing the $20 and $4 discount.
http://s2.supload.com/free/scan0005-20080405005933.jpg/view/

On a side note; the ad also said ratchet and clank for the psp is confirmed as a greatest hits title, and it was good to see the dualshock 3 on store shelves finally... it just wasnt the same without them.

[quote name='hostyl1']Depends on what you call the "cream of the crop". I, personally, am not too big on JRPGs and those seem to be about the only things that *increase* in price/rarity. But if you consider gems like Ico, Psyconauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Ratchet, Jax, Sly, etc....there are fucktons of good games that can be bought cheaply...[/QUOTE]

You consider Sly cooper good? I saw it at circuit city and didnt know what to make of it.

[quote name='illini1010']Alright, if you have seen the posts on the offical price drop thread you will know what i am about to say... if not read on.

I consider this a deal and belongs here because its 20 bucks off of a 40 dollar game. Yes the greatest hits version will be out proly next week, but this way you can get a black label copy and get it a week early.

This deal is at Gamestop (or you can price match at other stores). Go to the counter and grab one of the free booklets they have, it is called "The Guide". It has a picture of the main charactor from GTAIV on the cover.

Turn to page 44, and look at the bottom of the page. It says God of War 2 is the newest greatest hit and of course is priced at $19.99. Show the person at the counter at they will have to honor that price, even for a black label copy! On the back of "The Guide" it says all prices are valid til april 6 so you will have to do this either Saturday or Sunday. On top of it all, if you use the 10 percent off coupon, it will take an additional 4 bucks off because it takes the 10 percent off of the original $39.99 price. so your actually getting it for $15.99!

here are the scans...

Back Cover of "The Guide" (the small print on the bottom is where it says April 6)

On a side note; the ad also said ratchet and clank for the psp is confirmed as a greatest hits title, and it was good to see the dualshock 3 on store shelves finally... it just wasnt the same without them.[/quote]

lol this post SCREAMS cheap ass gamer lol:razz:

:bomb:
I went to the closest GS here in Colorado and I had the 10% coupon plus the printed part of the guide. They acted as they never heard of such a thing and they refused to help me. After around 5 minutes of discussion, I got the guy call other GS stores around. While he was on the phone, I showed him the original copy of their guide. It was right in front of him at the cashier desk. He was "hmmmm .. what is that". All the sudden, he went inside their storage room and after spending over 10 minutes on the phone he came back refusing to honor their ad and his excuse was "it states through April 6 and today is the 6th so it is already expired plus that we do not have the greatest hits and I am not willing to risk my job for $20" I was :applause: thank you very much for not trusting me from the beginning and acting as if I fabricated the GS guide and I will just go to Best Buy and get the game and maybe come back to you and show you that I was able to get it for $19.99.

I went to BB and I got the game price matched but felt lazy to go back and fight with the RapeStop guys and girls.

This made me think of canceling my pre-order of the MGS4: LE but then I figured that I really want the LE and just took the bad experience at GS with a double shot of a grain of salt. :roll:

[quote name='ihavenolife123']I had a lot of trouble in my gamestop
This guy dressed super fly insisted that they were selling GoW 2 for $39.99. Once I showed him the ad, he said that was the price for the greatest hits. Once i told him i would like that version, he said they didnt have any currently (since when does a new shipment of greatest hits runs out on the first day?).

His reasoning to not PM it was because they were two different games. I pleaded ignorance and asked what the difference was to see if his own bullshit would collapse on top of him.

Unfortunately, waco texas african americans dressed in business attire inside a game store know their shit. He pulled me to the side and showed me the greatest hits of call of duty 3 (which specifically says special edition) Among others. That and that greatest hits means they sold so many copies and such. He had a good arsenal working against me. All i had was what was unadvertised. Then some chubby biscuit comes from nowhere and tells me that these offers are "valid while supplies last."

So he calls the ebgames in the region and asks them if they have sold any greatest hits GoW2.
According to this fly-guy they had sold one today. I couldnt call him a liar, he would call me a racist or something, even though i am a minority too.

So i told him ill just price match it somewhere else.

So i made out with the cutie next to him and walked out.
Go to walmart, price match it there, buy two copies, only to get rid of the second one out of spite for not being able to use the 10% cupin. Seriously, the walmart thing was SO fast it wasnt even funny. I knew going to circuit city wouldve caused me trouble. NEVER go to the Waco Tx Circuit city untill you got brass ones to argue with the manager there (who also happens to be african american?!)

I have a question, fellas, to everyone here that read my story.

should i...
take the receipt back to the gamestop, show it to the manager and ask:
ihavenolife: "Do you like apples?"
fly-manager: "Yes i do"
ihavenolife: "I got it pricematched at walmart, how do you like them apples?"

Yay or Nay?[/quote]

:lol:. Nice story. The only thing missing from it was a magazine rack and glitter.

[quote name='chess']All this drama to avoid a red lable?

I'm pretty sure my copy of GOW 1 is a GH title, so at least they'll match...and no tax/drama.[/quote]

I don't particularly care whether it's a GH title or not, but I prefer it to be clear of that red stripe if I can. All I wanted was to own the game to be able to play it finally. I rented it for a bit, but I still have plenty to do in it and to finish/replay it. That was my main goal.

[quote name='eau']How about going back to PM when the $20 price becomes active at EB? You have 30 days to do so. Most retailers should drop the price in the next couple of weeks anyway. On the bright side you have secured a black label version ;)[/quote]

Actually, I feel better today:D. She got fired on the spot for incompetence by the manager and for showing a lack of responsibility adept to her duties.. Go fucking work at a McDonalds bitch is all I can say. Anyhow, I got the deal plus the 10% like I was supposed to.:D The manager didn't even bother calling the GS/EB to see if they have it in-stock or check their website or give me any shenanigans like the moron from yesterday.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']You consider Sly cooper good? I saw it at circuit city and didnt know what to make of it.[/quote]

Sly is a fantastic game. I only have the first, but I wish I had the second two.

[quote name='jarvis307']it's $19.99 on the fry's ad and bestbuy.com now for those that had trouble price matching.[/quote]

SWEET! :D

[quote name='ihavenolife123']His reasoning to not PM it was because they were two different games. I pleaded ignorance and asked what the difference was to see if his own bullshit would collapse on top of him. [/quote]
When I got mine, as the guy was looking at the ad I heard him mention that the SKU in the ad was the same as the non GH version. Didn't check it myself, but you could have just mentioned that.

It's $19.99 on gs.com now. Used still coming up at $29.99

(I only read back a couple pages, not sure if anybody noticed yet).

I used this today and it still works. There was some hesitation on the cashier's part to accept the 10% off coupon because he said it couldn't be combined with any other offer, but when I told him it wasn't an offer and was in fact the new price, he accepted it. I got a Non-GH sealed copy for $17.99 (it rang up as $19.99-he didn't change the price- and the 10% came off of that). I don't care that it wasn't $15.99, a copy of GoW2 for less than $20 is a steal to me. Thanks OP and it looks like the $19.99 is here to stay (the promotion ended yesterday and I got it today).

Mike

I've never had a problem PMing at BB or CC. Maybe the cashiers are to busy or lazy to call the store i'm PMing.

Hooray for lazy cashiers!! \\:D/

I feel for you Hiccupleftovers.

I got a pricematch at Circuit City no problem. The only hesitation from the cashier was whether or not CC PMs Gamestop, to which her manager uh-huhed. So I got it for $17.99+tax and was able to use up some CC credit I had. Yay!

Thanks OP for the info! I'm glad GS corporate is making sure stores comply with the ad now, tho I'm still pieved the local store wouldn't do it in the first place.

[quote name='leveskikesko']I seriously envy people that are for the first time playing Ps2 games.

Some of the best games, now super cheap![/QUOTE]

I suppose ... but people getting in now aren't likely to get their hands on some of the cream of the crop. It's like the DC -- sure, start late and you can probably get Crazy Taxi and Sonic for nothing -- but Project Justice? Tech Romancer? Mark of the Wolves? Not without spilling some major dollars.

I got a copy of the magazine but after looking and thinking about it, they wouldn't allow me to have it. The manager said that the prices start today (4/6), disregarding the way the words were phrased. Anyway, I'm going to try going back to that same store tomorrow and asking for it again. Hopefully the manager's back and they'll remember our exchange.

Also, I went to 3 other EB-variants and none of them had the book.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I suppose ... but people getting in now aren't likely to get their hands on some of the cream of the crop. It's like the DC -- sure, start late and you can probably get Crazy Taxi and Sonic for nothing -- but Project Justice? Tech Romancer? Mark of the Wolves? Not without spilling some major dollars.[/quote]
Depends on what you call the "cream of the crop". I, personally, am not too big on JRPGs and those seem to be about the only things that *increase* in price/rarity. But if you consider gems like Ico, Psyconauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Ratchet, Jax, Sly, etc....there are fucktons of good games that can be bought cheaply...

Went to Circuit City to pricematch, but they didn't have GOW2 in stock, so I went to Wal-Mart, and they had plenty of GOW2s in stock and the cashier got the manager to do an override for $19.99. Yay! :D

I had a lot of trouble in my gamestop
This guy dressed super fly insisted that they were selling GoW 2 for $39.99. Once I showed him the ad, he said that was the price for the greatest hits. Once i told him i would like that version, he said they didnt have any currently (since when does a new shipment of greatest hits runs out on the first day?).

His reasoning to not PM it was because they were two different games. I pleaded ignorance and asked what the difference was to see if his own bullshit would collapse on top of him.

Unfortunately, waco texas african americans dressed in business attire inside a game store know their shit. He pulled me to the side and showed me the greatest hits of call of duty 3 (which specifically says special edition) Among others. That and that greatest hits means they sold so many copies and such. He had a good arsenal working against me. All i had was what was unadvertised. Then some chubby biscuit comes from nowhere and tells me that these offers are "valid while supplies last."

So he calls the ebgames in the region and asks them if they have sold any greatest hits GoW2.
According to this fly-guy they had sold one today. I couldnt call him a liar, he would call me a racist or something, even though i am a minority too.

Go to walmart, price match it there, buy two copies, only to get rid of the second one out of spite for not being able to use the 10% cupin. Seriously, the walmart thing was SO fast it wasnt even funny. I knew going to circuit city wouldve caused me trouble. NEVER go to the Waco Tx Circuit city untill you got brass ones to argue with the manager there (who also happens to be african american?!)

should i...

Yay or Nay?

[quote name='hostyl1']Depends on what you call the "cream of the crop". I, personally, am not too big on JRPGs and those seem to be about the only things that *increase* in price/rarity. But if you consider gems like Ico, Psyconauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Ratchet, Jax, Sly, etc....there are fucktons of good games that can be bought cheaply...[/QUOTE]

You consider Sly cooper good? I saw it at circuit city and didnt know what to make of it.

[quote name='illini1010']Alright, if you have seen the posts on the offical price drop thread you will know what i am about to say... if not read on.

here are the scans...

On a side note; the ad also said ratchet and clank for the psp is confirmed as a greatest hits title, and it was good to see the dualshock 3 on store shelves finally... it just wasnt the same without them.[/quote]

lol this post SCREAMS cheap ass gamer lol:razz:

:bomb:
I went to the closest GS here in Colorado and I had the 10% coupon plus the printed part of the guide. They acted as they never heard of such a thing and they refused to help me. After around 5 minutes of discussion, I got the guy call other GS stores around. While he was on the phone, I showed him the original copy of their guide. It was right in front of him at the cashier desk. He was "hmmmm .. what is that". All the sudden, he went inside their storage room and after spending over 10 minutes on the phone he came back refusing to honor their ad and his excuse was "it states through April 6 and today is the 6th so it is already expired plus that we do not have the greatest hits and I am not willing to risk my job for $20" I was :applause: thank you very much for not trusting me from the beginning and acting as if I fabricated the GS guide and I will just go to Best Buy and get the game and maybe come back to you and show you that I was able to get it for $19.99.

I went to BB and I got the game price matched but felt lazy to go back and fight with the RapeStop guys and girls.

This made me think of canceling my pre-order of the MGS4: LE but then I figured that I really want the LE and just took the bad experience at GS with a double shot of a grain of salt. :roll:

[quote name='ihavenolife123']I had a lot of trouble in my gamestop

should i...

Yay or Nay?[/quote]

:lol:. Nice story. The only thing missing from it was a magazine rack and glitter.

[quote name='chess']All this drama to avoid a red lable?

I'm pretty sure my copy of GOW 1 is a GH title, so at least they'll match...and no tax/drama.[/quote]

I don't particularly care whether it's a GH title or not, but I prefer it to be clear of that red stripe if I can. All I wanted was to own the game to be able to play it finally. I rented it for a bit, but I still have plenty to do in it and to finish/replay it. That was my main goal.

[quote name='eau']How about going back to PM when the $20 price becomes active at EB? You have 30 days to do so. Most retailers should drop the price in the next couple of weeks anyway. On the bright side you have secured a black label version ;)[/quote]

Actually, I feel better today:D. She got fired on the spot for incompetence by the manager and for showing a lack of responsibility adept to her duties.. Go fucking work at a McDonalds bitch is all I can say. Anyhow, I got the deal plus the 10% like I was supposed to.:D The manager didn't even bother calling the GS/EB to see if they have it in-stock or check their website or give me any shenanigans like the moron from yesterday.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']You consider Sly cooper good? I saw it at circuit city and didnt know what to make of it.[/quote]

Sly is a fantastic game. I only have the first, but I wish I had the second two.

[quote name='jarvis307']it's $19.99 on the fry's ad and bestbuy.com now for those that had trouble price matching.[/quote]

SWEET! :D

[quote name='ihavenolife123']His reasoning to not PM it was because they were two different games. I pleaded ignorance and asked what the difference was to see if his own bullshit would collapse on top of him. [/quote]
When I got mine, as the guy was looking at the ad I heard him mention that the SKU in the ad was the same as the non GH version. Didn't check it myself, but you could have just mentioned that.

It's $19.99 on gs.com now. Used still coming up at $29.99

(I only read back a couple pages, not sure if anybody noticed yet).

I used this today and it still works. There was some hesitation on the cashier's part to accept the 10% off coupon because he said it couldn't be combined with any other offer, but when I told him it wasn't an offer and was in fact the new price, he accepted it. I got a Non-GH sealed copy for $17.99 (it rang up as $19.99-he didn't change the price- and the 10% came off of that). I don't care that it wasn't $15.99, a copy of GoW2 for less than $20 is a steal to me. Thanks OP and it looks like the $19.99 is here to stay (the promotion ended yesterday and I got it today).

Mike

I don't care about it having a red label or a black label, I just want it for $20 bones.

Picked it up at Best Buy, thanks jarvis307!

The price should have been effective 4/6/08 per my Gamestop's DM, but it looks like it's slowly taking effect today.

Does anyone know if the GH has any bonus content, similar to Silent Hill 2 or Virtual Fighter 4?

[quote name='sqyxzylyx']Gamestop in Broadway, NY refused to sell the game for 19.99 when I showed them the guide.[/QUOTE]
those guys are such pricks. one of them is balding and I used to call him sometimes and ask for his name and when he picked up I would scream "YOU ARE BALDING MOTHERfuckER!" at the top of my lungs and then hang up. I did this a whole bunch of times. I know it's childish but it made me feel a lot better for the way they treated me.

[quote name='Caliburn']The price should have been effective 4/6/08 per my Gamestop's DM, but it looks like it's slowly taking effect today.

Does anyone know if the GH has any bonus content, similar to Silent Hill 2 or Virtual Fighter 4?[/QUOTE]

Nope -- shouldn't have anything extra from the orig. release. It retains the extra disc. Hopefully, this will silence some people here who like to suggest Sony and others take away things with GH releases. That has never happened. In terms of content, the trend has always been to add more or to keep it exactly the same.

[quote name='sparklecopy']those guys are such pricks. one of them is balding and I used to call him sometimes and ask for his name and when he picked up I would scream "YOU ARE BALDING MOTHERfuckER!" at the top of my lungs and then hang up. I did this a whole bunch of times. I know it's childish but it made me feel a lot better for the way they treated me.[/quote]

How incredibly stupid you are. Attacking the physical appearance of an employee because of corporate policies...:roll:

[quote name='Guy Legend']How incredibly stupid you are. Attacking the physical appearance of an employee because of corporate policies...:roll:[/quote]

I found it funny. Anyway GS has it 19.99 new and 17.99 used at online site. With CAG16 and edge card that makes it less than $15 used.

Didn't know the price was dropping universally quite yet, so I went by my local GS and found it for $19.99. The guy behind the counter starts fishing out 2 discs in slipcovers at which point I asked if he had any unopened copies in the actual case. He said no, and I passed.* I don't mind used games, but I'm not paying the same price for one that I could get new. So now I'll be making a trip to my local BB this week and grabbing a copy.

* I can't prove this, but I could swear I saw 2 new, unopened copies behind the counter. It was right next to where the clerk pulled out the discs. I wasn't quite close enough to tel for sure, though, so I couldn't accuse the clerk of holding out on me. Not sure why he'd even do that, in any case.

[quote name='Guy Legend']How incredibly stupid you are. Attacking the physical appearance of an employee because of corporate policies...:roll:[/QUOTE]
It's corporae policy to be complete obnoxious assholes? There are some employees who are polite, even when they are declining your requests. A LOT of gamestop employees are on a nerd power trip.

went to Gamestop, they had one mroe copy of God of War 2 left but it was the display copy without the artwork. and the used copy price was still 30 dollars. i was like uuugghhghghg. So the guys swapped the used copy artwork with the new copy generic box, and he gave me 10% for the jacked up case. (which really wasn't jacked up at all). So i finally got my new copy of God of War 2 black label for 19 bucks. ugh, awesome.

[quote name='AshesofWake']went to Gamestop, they had one mroe copy of God of War 2 left but it was the display copy without the artwork. and the used copy price was still 30 dollars. i was like uuugghhghghg. So the guys swapped the used copy artwork with the new copy generic box, and he gave me 10% for the jacked up case. (which really wasn't jacked up at all). So i finally got my new copy of God of War 2 black label for 19 bucks. ugh, awesome.[/quote]

It's unbelievable how often the last copy is the display copy. I hate Gamestop.

bread's done
Back