God Of War 2 (PS2) 25$ Target B&M

barom

CAGiversary!
Props goes to -KRATOS- from Slickdeals

In my local ad it's advertised at 24.87$. I've looked at the frontpage of CAG and was surprised to see that there was no mention of this. So that's why I put YMMV in the title since it could be local only. I also looked through the first 2-3 pages here and didn't see any mention either.

PS: I'm located in Sacramento, CA btw and please go easy on me. My first deal and it wasn't originally mine (thank -KRATOS- of Slickdeals)

Yep, I picked this up last weekend at that price at target. I also picked up loco roco for PSP for $15 there. I'm not sure if that's a stellar deal, but it's as cheap as I've seen loco roco.

[quote name='barom']I also looked through the first 2-3 pages here and didn't see any mention either.[/quote]It was toward the later pages in the thread. The OP hadn't put up the Target prices yet, and myself and another CAG tossed it into the thread on Saturday.

[quote name='charlescheese']Yep, I picked this up last weekend at that price at target. I also picked up loco roco for PSP for $15 there. I'm not sure if that's a stellar deal, but it's as cheap as I've seen loco roco.[/quote]

CC had Loco Roco for $10 one week, so far $15 it isn't too bad a deal.

Will wait for $20 or less. You know this will go GH at some point. I am not too worried about the GH label. Good deal tho for those who can't wait any longer.

I'm waiting for it to go $20. Considering that this is/was such a popular game, retailers all over still have a bunch of black label copies left so I'm banking on the fact that I can find one at BB that'll coincide with the arrival of a $5 off coupon.

[quote name='Longshot099']Will wait for $20 or less. You know this will go GH at some point. I am not too worried about the GH label. Good deal tho for those who can't wait any longer.[/quote]
I couldn't wait anymore thats why I picked it up when I noticed it in the Target sales paper. Best deal I have seen so far.

I got it used without the box for 28 at Gamestop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii vs XBox360 Vote and Wiin

[quote name='Longshot099']Will wait for $20 or less. You know this will go GH at some point. I am not too worried about the GH label. Good deal tho for those who can't wait any longer.[/quote]

just remember, you snooze you lose. also, i believe sony is putting more effort in ps3 now, so that means once they're gone they are gone, no gh as they would be wasting money when that money can go to the ps3.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']just remember, you snooze you lose. also, i believe sony is putting more effort in ps3 now, so that means once they're gone they are gone, no gh as they would be wasting money when that money can go to the ps3.[/quote]

I seriously doubt that. For one, they just released a revised version of the PS2 that doesn't require and external power brick (overseas only, for now, I think). Second, they are still selling PS3s with backward compatibility. Third, PS2 systems are still pretty strong sellers.

Sure, they're winding down on PS2 games development but that doesn't mean they would not make Greatest Hits copies of games that "earn" that treatment. It's not like they have to do anything extensive other than print out different case inserts...

[quote name='mcdaking84']i just bought it for 35 used at gamestop(face plain)[/quote]

[quote name='kingokingsxxl']I got it used without the box for 28 at Gamestop.[/quote]If it's been less than a week for either of you and you have the receipt (as any self respecting CAG still would ;)), return it :D

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']just remember, you snooze you lose. also, i believe sony is putting more effort in ps3 now, so that means once they're gone they are gone, no gh as they would be wasting money when that money can go to the ps3.[/quote]

but this is a triple a title.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']If it's been less than a week for either of you and you have the receipt (as any self respecting CAG still would ;)), return it :D[/quote]

Ha ha thanks for the advice. Well I might be able to run back to the mall tomorrow. I do have the receipt ha but i'm not quite sure i can be bothered.

Wii vs. XBox360 Vote and win

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']At $25, this finally merits a purchase, especially since I don't want to get the GH cover for it.[/QUOTE]Same here. Even at the 40 bucks it was kinda too much. I enjoyed the first and all, but its rare that I buy games at full price. I think I have bought 2 games this year at full price, Halo3 and Guitar Hero 3 for the PS3...thats it. Everything else at least half off!

I went to a local Target and they didn't have any, nor could I find a Target AD to take somewhere else to pricematch. I want in on this deal. :(

[quote name='BouncingSoul']damn, I just got it for $40.[/QUOTE]

And you call yourself a CAGer :)

While $25 is not a bad price point, if one has waited this long . . . what's a few more months to save $5 or $10 . . .

Actually, I think the success of the PS2 is one of Sony's biggest problems with their PS3 strategy. They wanted to milk as much money out of the platform as possible so they were in no hurry to take on the 360. They will probably sell more PS2s this year than MS will sell 360s--(more than 360s, Wiis, and PS3s combined????). But the hard core of gaming has moved on.

The PS2 is the budget line for gaming. While they can't command full price for games any longer, the $20 market will be a gold mine for a few years. Of course gamers with little money will enjoy the huge used market as well.

I'm actually excited about playing the next two games now. Only just picked of God of War in one of these crazy recent deals, and I'm surprised to find I really do like it. It's got two or three places so far that should have been tweaked as they're overly frustrating, but overall it kind of reminds me of a modern Tomb Raider game but with hand to hand combat instead of gunplay (and a somewhat bigger emphasis on that). Quite a lot of fun.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']If it's been less than a week for either of you and you have the receipt (as any self respecting CAG still would ;)), return it :D[/quote]

I thought Gamestop had a 30 day return policy on used games? In fact, I know they do.

[quote name='dalaamprince']I thought Gamestop had a 30 day return policy on used games? In fact, I know they do.[/quote]Unless they are extending the return period for Christmas (very possible), I KNOW it is normally 7 days for used games. From a receipt from 10/8:

[quote name='Gamestop Receipt']Receipt required for returns/exchanges. Unopened new items can be returned/exchanged w/in 30 days. Opened new video games, new PC games & new systems can be exchanged for the identical item w/in 7 days. Opened accessories and all used items can returned/exchanged w/in 7 days.[/quote]

hmmm ... tempting -- i'll wait for it to hit $20, and get it for $15 during a 2 for $30 or with hopefully a Gamepro coupon.

As for some ppl saying Sony isn't reprinting games, that might be true for A and AA titles, but no way does Sony not reprint AAA titles. This is a business and top games sell, esp. when they make a move to GH.

GoW2 will be around. There was a time when I couldn't bear the GH label, but given I have no time for games anymore (and no money due to studying again), it doesn't bother me anymore.

That, and at 80+ games, my old PS2 library (when I used to collect) is back-logged like crazy :)

I'm sure Sony's got at least SOME Playstation 2 development going on, and 150% sure they're going to keep doing existing games. Geez, it's one of the best selling systems on the market. They'd be throwing money away not to.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm sure Sony's got at least SOME Playstation 2 development going on, and 150% sure they're going to keep doing existing games.[/quote]
They do, I just saw that they're bringing out Twisted Metal Head On to the PS2 with new levels that were suppose to be in a TM:Black sequal so there's definately development still happening for the PS2.

God of War was an amazing PS2 title, and God of war II does not nothing short of disappointing! definitely worth the buy (it looks like it's still 39.99 in most places).

[quote name='sasukekun']Ends tonight, so if you are still looking to get one at that price. Do it now before the stores close.[/quote]

Thanks for the info bro. I'll go after I'm done eating

[quote name='BouncingSoul']damn, I just got it for $40.[/quote]

just go to TARGET and buy it for $25, return that copy to the store u bought it for $40 for, problem solved.

bread's done
Back