God of war 3 $38.24 at gamestop.com

[quote name='Thasmagal']New or used? Used is out of stock now. :([/QUOTE]

I think this for new, and $38.24 is the pre-tax amount. After taxes it ends up being a little over $41.00 shipped for me.

Thx OP. Just purchased GoW3 for 33.74 before tax. I added the 25OFF code and added 3 more new games. After tax my total was 85.82 for:

God of War 3 - 33.74
Prototype - 13.49
Assissin's Creed 2 - 20.24
Wii Fit Plus - 13.49

[quote name='gorilladust']Thx OP. Just purchased GoW3 for 33.74 before tax. I added the 25OFF code and added 3 more new games. After tax my total was 85.82 for:

God of War 3 - 33.74
Prototype - 13.49
Assissin's Creed 2 - 20.24
Wii Fit Plus - 13.49[/QUOTE]

How did you get 15NEW and 25OFF to stack? Once one is applied in my cart, the other won't go through...

[quote name='michael6668']Awesome. Jumped on it. From what I hear, this is suppose to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not great.........It's RIDICULOUS!!

I think you're confused on what the word "literally" actually means...because looking at your post and his post, it does not look like he copied and pasted.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Just ordered my new copy. Anyone know when it will get here (I chose the free shipping option of course)? Here being North Carolina.

Not bad price for a recently released AAA title that's really ain't all that. There are hack n slash games and there are hack n slash games with fighting game mechanics. GoW is the former and I prefer the latter (Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta). Glad to see it's not stuck at retail price like Heavenly Sword was though.

[quote name='bcb4589']^He didn't, that is just 25% off.[/QUOTE]

lol... what kind of math are you using? You almost had me fooled. 25% off would have been:
God of War 3 - 37.49
Prototype - 14.99
Assissin's Creed 2 - 22.49
Wii Fit Plus - 14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bthoma']How did you get 15NEW and 25OFF to stack? Once one is applied in my cart, the other won't go through...[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I stacked the 10AUTO & 25OFF. It took the 10% off 1st & the 25% off 2nd.

[quote name='michael6668']Awesome. Jumped on it. From what I hear, this is suppose to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the understatement of the year :)

The only thing I hate worst than platform games are puzzles, and this game combined both.

If they would have kept it Action/ Adventure it would have been a better game. There are some really good parts and some really bad parts. What killed it for me was the ending of the game that was non stop puzzle after puzzle, I just couldn't deal with it anymore = Ultimate Fail.

Like think about the best looking woman who has everything going for her, finally when you get to that final level she has no idea what she is doing and it was a horrible experience, same feeling.......

[quote name='tears2040']The only thing I hate worst than platform games are puzzles, and this game combined both.

If they would have kept it Action/ Adventure it would have been a better game. There are some really good parts and some really bad parts. What killed it for me was the ending of the game that was non stop puzzle after puzzle, I just couldn't deal with it anymore = Ultimate Fail.

Like think about the best looking woman who has everything going for her, finally when you get to that final level she has no idea what she is doing and it was a horrible experience, same feeling.......[/QUOTE]

Puzzles are pretty non-existant, at least nothing you have to really think about, except for the garden area which is barely a puzzle.

Also, I was just looking at the entry for GoW3 on Amazon. It might be worth mentioning that this game trades-in right now for $39.

[quote name='DesertLeo']you'll want to beat it like, 3 times. trust me[/QUOTE]
I finished the game once and didn't like it. I think the game is overrated. Kratos has no personality, can't change camera angle, super linear, and short.

Anyhow, f these discounts apply toward any game, then why is this thread about GoW3 ?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'll wait for it to show up used in 2 years online to save 2 bucks in an effort to have tax not kill this[/QUOTE]

Are "online years" shorter or longer than normal years?

[quote name='neuropunk']I finished the game once and didn't like it. I think the game is overrated. Kratos has no personality, can't change camera angle, super linear, and short.

Anyhow, f these discounts apply toward any game, then why is this thread about GoW3 ?[/QUOTE]

Linear for the epic, epic, epic win. One of the main reasons I love side scrollers. Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't like non-linear playing. But I absolutely hate having situations where there is an open world, there is only one mission/level/whatever for you to play next, but you have to find a small, annoying-ass hard to find item or spot to trigger the next level. For crying out loud I hate not knowing what to do next because I can't find an akwardly placed items. I've many a time just quit playing a game because I couldn't find some stupid spot to trigger the next part. Halo 3 ODST comes to mind...at one point I simply could not find the next piece of dead marine to trigger the next level. I searched for several days before I said fuck this and placed it on my shelf. No way I was buying the $30 dollar guide for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neuropunk']I finished the game once and didn't like it. I think the game is overrated. Kratos has no personality, can't change camera angle, super linear, and short.

Anyhow, f these discounts apply toward any game, then why is this thread about GoW3 ?[/QUOTE]

Gow3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all games thats why son

Hey, look it that... There's a few people in this thread who aren't super-jaded and realize that GOWIII isn't really all that and a bag of chips. After my playthrough I wouldn't pay over $30 for this game...

[quote name='Drclaw411']Linear for the epic, epic, epic win. One of the main reasons I love side scrollers. Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't like non-linear playing. But I absolutely hate having situations where there is an open world, there is only one mission/level/whatever for you to play next, but you have to find a small, annoying-ass hard to find item or spot to trigger the next level. For crying out loud I hate not knowing what to do next because I can't find an akwardly placed items. I've many a time just quit playing a game because I couldn't find some stupid spot to trigger the next part. Halo 3 ODST comes to mind...at one point I simply could not find the next piece of dead marine to trigger the next level. I searched for several days before I said fuck this and placed it on my shelf. No way I was buying the $30 dollar guide for that.[/QUOTE]

i agree, i hate ppl who criticizes a game for being "too linear". I hate gta, infamous, and pretty much all open world games. Going from one dumb mission to another gets repetitive.

[quote name='killer9']Gow3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all games thats why son[/QUOTE]
Uhm, no it isn't. Kratos is stupid, game is a straight line, no options, can't change camera angle, and you just mash square and QTEs.

And actually, Demon's Souls and Mass Effect 2 are much better games and aren't short like GoW3, sonny boy.

I don't like most open world games, but I hate fighting in hallways with FFXIII and GoW3. There needs to be something in between open world and super linear.

[quote name='neuropunk']Uhm, no it isn't. Kratos is stupid, game is a straight line, no options, can't change camera angle, and you just mash square and QTEs.

And actually, Demon's Souls and Mass Effect 2 are much better games and aren't short like GoW3, sonny boy.[/QUOTE]

gow3 and mass effect 2 great games demons soul no way son

[quote name='neuropunk']Uhm, no it isn't. Kratos is stupid, game is a straight line, no options, can't change camera angle, and you just mash square and QTEs.

And actually, Demon's Souls and Mass Effect 2 are much better games and aren't short like GoW3, sonny boy.

I don't like most open world games, but I hate fighting in hallways with FFXIII and GoW3. There needs to be something in between open world and super linear.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Demon Soul's is pretty linear in itself, other than the order in which you choose to play a stage (though that too is also limited by the difficulty of the level which doesn't seem to scale with the character). Seemed pretty close quarters to me.

[quote name='killer9']gow3 and mass effect 2 great games demons soul no way son[/QUOTE]
grammar much?

Demon's Souls got 2009 GOTY awards. Black phantom edition. Takes more skill and is a more badass game than Kratos. Demon's Souls would make Kratos cry.

GoW3 I believe, has no sidequests or anything to make it longer or add any depth to the shallow game. I've played GoW3 and not impressed.

Demon's Souls is where it's at and it doesn't get praised for nothin', dude.

[quote name='neuropunk']grammar much?

Demon's Souls got 2009 GOTY awards. Black phantom edition. Takes more skill and is a more badass game than Kratos. Demon's Souls would make Kratos cry.

GoW3 I believe, has no sidequests or anything to make it longer or add any depth to the shallow game. I've played GoW3 and not impressed.

Demon's Souls is where it's at and it doesn't get praised for nothin', dude.[/QUOTE]

im sorry gow 3 is getting tons of praise im sure it will win goty 2010

[quote name='helmet']I don't know, Demon Soul's is pretty linear in itself, other than the order in which you choose to play a stage (though that too is also limited by the difficulty of the level which doesn't seem to scale with the character). Seemed pretty close quarters to me.[/QUOTE]
You don't fight in a tight hallway the entire game like FFXIII and GoW3. You don't have to go through the same way you did in every game. You can go to whichever archstone you want, come back, etc.

Some of the levels are pretty open like in world 5-2, and such. Anyhow, you don't fight in a hallway the entire game, and it lasts 30+ hours unlike certain other games that last 10 (looking at you GoW3). In GoW3, the camera angle stays the same every play through and there's nothing else to do besides kill enemies over and over the same way. Gets boring and repetitious.

While I think God of War series are fun romps and worth playing, they don't offer much other than pretty graphics and slightly repetitive, although slick, controls. Gameplay depth, character development, and story dialog are sorely lacking.

[quote name='neuropunk']You don't fight in a tight hallway the entire game like FFXIII and GoW3. You don't have to go through the same way you did in every game. You can go to whichever archstone you want, come back, etc.

Some of the levels are pretty open like in world 5-2, and such. Anyhow, you don't fight in a hallway the entire game, and it lasts 30+ hours unlike certain other games that last 10 (looking at you GoW3). In GoW3, the camera angle stays the same every play through and there's nothing else to do besides kill enemies over and over the same way. Gets boring and repetitious.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I finished GOWIII in about 7 hours... And the only "trophy hunter" trophy I didn't get was the one for not dying in the garden area. I got all the upgrades and everything and still finished in 7 hours. Also, please don't place FFXIII in the same category of GOWIII... Aside from the linearity, it has nothing in common with GOWIII and was much better in every aspect.

GOWIII GOTY? Well, I hope not... If it does, it'd be the worst out of the last five or so winners. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD PEOPLE! It's a bit irritating how games that add nothing new and are very repetitive garner so much attention just because the series is beloved. I guarantee you that if this very game came out today as the first in the series(no GOWI or II) it wouldn't receive half the praise it's gotten.

I personally really enjoyed the game. It has many epic boss battles and the reason game feels so short because it is non-stop action the whole way.

I think to get the most out of his game/this series, you should pick up the GOW collection and play through those first.

I think a lot of people are hating on this game because of all the hype and because of all the previews/reviews and such. I remember seeing a ton of previews for the first GOW and when I finally played it I did not the get satisfaction that I was hoping because half of the game was already spoiled for me. (Thus I felt it was overrated).

With GOW II and GOW III, I completely avoided all previews/reviews of the game because I knew it would completely ruin my enjoyment of the game. Ends up I loved both of them and prefer both over the first.

bread's done
Back