God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']No prob. And btw the reason I'm not a Lakers fan is because I live in AZ and have always supported the Suns since a child, and because I've followed Tim Duncan since he was at Wake Forest. If the Lakers weren't division rivals for both teams, my opinion wouldn't be the same. :)[/QUOTE]
In that case, you should have people put in a 2010 All-Star vote for Steve Nash in exchange for a code. :D

I'm pretty hyped for God of War III, I've played the demo to show other people the awesomeness way too many times now.

There are some new screens floating around from a Magazine Scan featuring
Poseidon
. It's a low quality image, but....

HURGAFURDAURGHARA!!!

[quote name='KingBroly']There are some new screens floating around from a Magazine Scan featuring
Poseidon
. It's a low quality image, but....

HURGAFURDAURGHARA!!![/QUOTE]

i saw the scans yesterday i should had download em.

anyways, i will leave this right...here
1263190877228-noscale.jpg

1263190861861-noscale.jpg

I read that the new OPM says in the rumors section "In other rumor news, the issue also states that they're "90 percent sure" God of War 3 will launch with a custom God of War-designed limited edition PlayStation 3."

I really hope thats true, but i hope its not more than 350. Unless its 400 and comes with the ultimate edition of GOW3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']Just want to say that the UE is OOS from Amazon...[/QUOTE]

Back in stock now.

I'd guessing a bundle would be...

- $400
- Red 250gb PS3 (like the PSP)
- God of War III
- 2 controllers

I also changed my GS pre-order to the Ultimate Edition.

I have an extra code. Wish I could think of something to trade for it. PM me if you want it. I won't check my messages until later tonight.

while im not going through 28 pages to see if this was mentioned, but ive been playing through the GOW collection recently and been thinking about the story in 3. anyone else think...

his brother is going to be the final boss in 3? he is mentioned in the 1 movie you have to watch to get a trophy(no coincidence) and he isnt in 2 at all. they made you watch that movie for a reason. brother vs brother showdown as the finale? i think so.

[quote name='8bitArtist']while im not going through 28 pages to see if this was mentioned, but ive been playing through the GOW collection recently and been thinking about the story in 3. anyone else think...

his brother is going to be the final boss in 3? he is mentioned in the 1 movie you have to watch to get a trophy(no coincidence) and he isnt in 2 at all. they made you watch that movie for a reason. brother vs brother showdown as the finale? i think so.
[/QUOTE]

that could be interesting but i really hope he gets to fight hercules hes got to be in it considering how loyal he is to zeus.

[quote name='lokizz']that could be interesting but i really hope he gets to fight hercules hes got to be in it considering how loyal he is to zeus.[/QUOTE]

Random thought:

Zeus is Kratos' father. Does that mean he is Hercules?

Zeus is not Kratos' father and certainly Kratos is not Hercules... If Zeus says something like "Kratos, i'm your father" toward the end of GoWIII, hell, that ruins the entire God of War story! But yeah, a funny random thought.

[quote name='8bitArtist']while im not going through 28 pages to see if this was mentioned, but ive been playing through the GOW collection recently and been thinking about the story in 3. anyone else think...

[/QUOTE]

Good thought there, but i don't think so... That character most likely is reserved for a God of War spin off. Remember, GoWIII is the final installment, so whatever new additions (like that in the Twin Beast) most likely requires more explanation and it has to fit in the GoWIII story line. It could be a lame excuse for a boss fight, but man, that sure will make GoW fans feel cheap... I mean come on, Kratos faces
his brother from Tartarus
because the gods running out of options? Good idea, but man, cheap... If that's the case, we want to know more about this Beast.

[quote name='Serpentor']Zeus is not Kratos' father and certainly Kratos is not Hercules... If Zeus says something like "Kratos, i'm your father" toward the end of GoWIII, hell, that ruins the entire God of War story! But yeah, a funny random thought.[/QUOTE]

are you sure i thought
he was kratos father ( hence the whole son seeking revenge on the father motif). each man was afraid of what his son would do and turned on him kronos on zeus and his brothers/sisters and then zeus got revenge on him and the titans and then now kratos against zeus. i think the first game had a secret video or something that eluded to him being his dad.
i think youre right about gaia though since i believe kratos will end up bringing an end to all of them gods and titans alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, like Kratos said, "at the end, only chaos!" Why did i get the feeling that Zeus will be killed in the first half of the game and then Cronos in the 2nd half, then there's something bigger at the end?

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, like Kratos said, "at the end, only chaos!" Why did i get the feeling that Zeus will be killed in the first half of the game and then Cronos in the 2nd half, then there's something bigger at the end?[/QUOTE]

btw on the gow1 disk watch the movie a secret revealed
zeus is Krato's father.
and that movie tells you that.

[quote name='lokizz']btw on the gow1 disk watch the movie a secret revealed
zeus is Krato's father.
and that movie tells you that.[/QUOTE]

Right. DONT READ SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT BEAT GOW 2
Also says it in the end of GOW 2 before you kill athena

Zeus is Kratos father, and as fatmanforlife99 said, it explained after the final fight in GoW2.

Now back to my question that started this all:

Does that make him Hercules?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Zeus is Kratos father, and as fatmanforlife99 said, it explained after the final fight in GoW2.

Does that make him Hercules?[/QUOTE]

No Zeus has fathered many children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Zeus is Kratos father, and as fatmanforlife99 said, it explained after the final fight in GoW2.

Does that make him Hercules?[/QUOTE]

no. hercules im sure will show up in this last game but hes not hercules . zues has tons of kids.

now that i think about it achilles could be in it too especially considering how popular the characer was in Troy. id be cool if they could pull a gow2 and get brad pitt to do the role in the gae ( doubt it would happen but it would be cool if it did).

Err, i must have missed that secret movie... that's so lame, Kratos is Zeus' son (another one of those Darth Vader and Luke thing). I thought the Daddy issue trophy was referring to Athena.

Just finished up GoW II for the first time yesterday. I had been waiting to finish that before looking at this topic just in case of spoilers, and after glancing at the last page I can safely say I'm glad I waited lol. Anyways, loved GoW II and after looking at the newest batch of screens for GoW III I can't wait to play it!

[quote name='Serpentor']Err, i must have missed that secret movie... that's so lame, Kratos is Zeus' son (another one of those Darth Vader and Luke thing). I thought the Daddy issue trophy was referring to Athena.[/QUOTE]

Did you not watch the cut scene right brfore killing zeus? (about to anyways)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Someone is a player... haha :p[/QUOTE]

would definelty make for a hell of a maury povich episode. greek mythology is pretty messed up shit. lots of incest , child molestation/rape, rape. hell if i remember correctly theres even some beastiality and a castration that ended in a birth.

[quote name='8bitArtist']kratos bangs a female centaur as a sex mini game in 3![/QUOTE]

or hes going to find and do battle with the mythical gspot lol.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Did you not watch the cut scene right brfore killing zeus? (about to anyways)[/QUOTE]

I played GoWII on the PS2 disc (back then i have the original 60gb PS3) and i didn't really paid much attention since i was focusing on the button sequences. I'll be playing GoWII from the collection again soon, so i'll pay attention this time around.

[quote name='8bitArtist']kratos bangs a female centaur as a sex mini game in 3![/QUOTE]

That's just plain wrong, but lol, funny thought.

Has there been any new development on the preorder character skins being 1 limit per PSN account?

Are you guys using separate PSN accounts to claim them?

[quote name='eau']Has there been any new development on the preorder character skins being 1 limit per PSN account?

Are you guys using separate PSN accounts to claim them?[/QUOTE]

From what i read, those pre order skins are unlockable from within the game. The only skin that is really exclusive is the one that comes with the ultimate bundle. Correct me if i am wrong.

Who knows. I know that in Europe they get all 4 skins in the bundle while in the US we only get 1 per store. I'm assuming they're unlockable in game (including Dominus)

While God of War III will conclude the trilogy, it won't spell the end of the franchise, Sony Santa Monica's John Hight reveals in a recent interview with Joystiq. With the third game "capping off what we started with God of War," Hight says we should expect more God of War games to follow, but the decision on where to take the franchise after the initial trilogy (and portable prequel) won't be taken lightly. "We're going to be really careful about what we do next," he assures.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/19/interview-god-of-war-3-ends-trilogy-but-not-franchise/

[quote name='eau']Has there been any new development on the preorder character skins being 1 limit per PSN account?

Are you guys using separate PSN accounts to claim them?[/QUOTE]

I preordered from Amazon (Apollo) and Gamestop (Phantom of Chaos) just for the preorder codes. I can only enter 1 on my account. What I am going to do is give my friend the other, and just gameshare it to myself. As far as I can tell, it is the easiest way to get around this situation without making another account, which is just a waste of time. It is a little rediculous that I have to jump through hoops to use both codes... I actually preordered the game twice!

I wish I had a local GameCrazy for the third costume, Forgotten Warrior. I am even getting the Ultimate Edition, so I will have that costume too! All I will need is the GameCrazy one.

If anyone has a local GameCrazy, could you pick me up a Forgotten Warrior costume code? I would really appreciate it. I can even get you a Gamestop (Phantom of Chaos) code if you need it!

hi whats up guys anybody knows if Sony will be lauching this console here on usa it will be great to have one with GOW III heres an image i think this bundle is an european version it kidna sucks coz only in europe Sony launch this kind of bundles

gow3_500.jpg

[quote name='BARBARIANGOLDEN']hi whats up guys anybody knows if Sony will be lauching this console here on usa it will be great to have one with GOW III heres an image i think this bundle is an european version it kidna sucks coz only in europe Sony launch this kind of bundles[/QUOTE]

periods do wonders for sentences.

Well im guessing no PS3 LE God of War console? The CODMW2 xbox 360 was announced about 2 months before the game was released. Its less than that for God of War 3. So does anyone think there is still a chance? Ive been holding off buying a PS3 just for the fact that there might be a LE GOW PS3 Console.

bread's done
Back