God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

God of war slurpees at 7-11!

Starting in February Fahey you will be able to run into any 7-Eleven store to pick up a heaping, icy cup of Kratos Fury.
Just make sure you don't suck it down too quickly or you're sure to feel the icy sting of his twin blades in your brain.
Evan Brody, who has the most kick-ass job on the planet (marketing manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands), says the frozen concoction is a mix of "ferocious blackberries and frosty limes" and that it will be available through March.
The drink will come in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpee cups. The cups will include neato art work and reward codes that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com for God of War III and Slurpee-themed downloadable content. Wait? Does that mean that I may be able to unlock a new super move for Kratos? The Brain Freeze???

Source: Kotaku

Damn i dont have one near me. But i would love to get the codes for the PS3 theme and attire. :bomb:

you dont have to go to 7-11 to get the stuff. as long as someone you know has a slurpee account with points ( or can give you codes off of cups to get points) you can buy it from their website and once you buy it you get a psn code sent to your email to use to dl it. 6 points get you a kratos dynamic theme ( big kratos face with moving fire in his eye) and the character skin costs 10 points. oh yeah for 2 points i think you get a shirt for your ps home charracter.

Closest 7-11 to me is 30 miles away. That's what I get for living sandwiched between larger cities to the west, east, and south of me. I guess I could go and buy a LOT of slurpees...or maybe just hope someone will share with me if I share my Amazon/GameStop codes.

[quote name='lokizz']you dont have to go to 7-11 to get the stuff. as long as someone you know has a slurpee account with points ( or can give you codes off of cups to get points) you can buy it from their website and once you buy it you get a psn code sent to your email to use to dl it. 6 points get you a kratos dynamic theme ( big kratos face with moving fire in his eye) and the character skin costs 10 points. oh yeah for 2 points i think you get a shirt for your ps home charracter.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool, i want the dynamic theme the most. Looks like it would cost 2 large slurpees to get 6 points, since they are worth 3 points each.

Here is a youtube video of the theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AB5BJRghrE

This is live right now, but they did not have the GOW cups, but there is a code on the bottom side. If you get the XL cup its worth 4 points. I got that theme that is shown a couple posts above, its fucking cool. The drink tastes ok, but I will let you determine that.

[quote name='smiggity']Do you guys live in the middle of the woods??? Most peeps cant go 1 mile without hitting 3 different 7-11s[/QUOTE]

Any 7-11's we had in my area(Northeastern PA) disappeared LONG ago. The closest one that I can remember being 'near' here is about an hour's drive. I'm not about to drive 51 miles for some (over)sugared ice.

Besides which, that 'dynamic theme' kinda blows.:roll: I paid $1.99 for the Little Big Planet theme and that's more 'dynamic' than that one with Kratos with fire in his eyeballs.

At least Sackboy runs and jumps along LBP and occasionally stares in your direction.

I actually cancelled my $5 pre-order of GOWIII today too, seeing as I'm going to be anxiously waiting for the GTA Episodes disc for PS3 and I haven't finished Darksiders yet(which is a damn fine GOW clone).

Is the Ultimate Edition of this game really worth 100?

I am having second thoughts about getting it,what do you guys think?

[quote name='BadLTD']Is the Ultimate Edition of this game really worth 100?

I am having second thoughts about getting it,what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Assume the game is $60 MSRP.

The art book alone is worth atleast $10 MSRP.

The exclusive challenges, and skin are probally $5-$10 MSRP worth of content.

The trilogy soundtrack (download only) is worth atleast $20 MSRP.

The other soundtrack with related music is atleast $10 MSRP.

Don't forget the awesome box which is atleast $10 MSRP.

I think it is way worth it, when compared to the regular editon at the $60 price point.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Assume the game is $60 MSRP.

I think it is way worth it, when compared to the regular editon at the $60 price point.[/QUOTE]

ah but at some oint some of that "exxclusive content" may end up being dlc that you can buy on psn. thevye done it a few times with other exclusives so yeah i think i may just get the game only. whichever version anyne gets its easily a day 1 buy.

[quote name='lokizz']ah but at some oint some of that "exxclusive content" may end up being dlc that you can buy on psn. thevye done it a few times with other exclusives so yeah i think i may just get the game only. whichever version anyne gets its easily a day 1 buy.[/QUOTE]

yeah but youre still paying for it either way. its not going to be free. just gotta ask yoursefl if you want the art book and soundtracks. if the answer is no, then you dont need the ultimate edition.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yeah but youre still paying for it either way. its not going to be free. just gotta ask yoursefl if you want the art book and soundtracks. if the answer is no, then you dont need the ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

damn that is a good way to put it and that said im just getting the regular version. on top of that i wouldnt know where to put that box. every ce/se of a game ive ever gotten i put al that extra crap up somewhre and never look at it. hopefully that extra dlc will end up free in a year or so.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Assume the game is $60 MSRP.

I think it is way worth it, when compared to the regular editon at the $60 price point.[/QUOTE]

NO game is worth $60 anymore, unless you paid for it with cheaply made credit. Even then, the $60 pricetag is pushing it for some of the glitchy crapware being released and patched like crazy.

As for the rest of the stuff being worth $10 a pop, I sincerely doubt it.

Here's the way I see it:

*The replica of Pandora's Box=Made In China for $2 by some 10 yr old sweatshop workers

* The soundtracks cost them nothin' to put out since they're downloads, right?
Unless you listen to classical music, chances are you'll listen to them once and be done with them. If you could somehow export the tracks to a flash drive and rip/burn your own physical CD copy, it might not be so bad. But again, unless you like that long hair shit, you're going to listen to it ONCE and be done with it.

*If they are limiting you to only ONE skin per account, that means the skin that comes in the UE is totally fuckin' useless if you have the voucher from Gamestop for pre-ordering, which has a code for another skin. The challenges will probably be available for $5 later on on PSN.

*The artbook will probably be some thin as shit 20-25 page piece of crap that shows some concept art and yadda yadda.
I got the same deal with my GTA IV "Special Edition". It wasn't worth the extra $30, but the fact it came with a PHYSICAL cd of music, a dufflebag, a keychain and a METAL lockbox that friggin' locks WAS.

But hey, if YOU think it's worth the extra $40, that's all that matters. Some of us are just gonna be content waiting for a B2G1 free sale at Gamestop on used titles a month or two after this game comes out and trying to find a copy of this and a couple other 'big hits' for $33 each after sale discount.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']NO game is worth $60 anymore, unless you paid for it with cheaply made credit. Even then, the $60 pricetag is pushing it for some of the glitchy crapware being released and patched like crazy.

As for the rest of the stuff being worth $10 a pop, I sincerely doubt it.

Here's the way I see it:

*The replica of Pandora's Box=Made In China for $2 by some 10 yr old sweatshop workers

* The soundtracks cost them nothin' to put out since they're downloads, right?
Unless you listen to classical music, chances are you'll listen to them once and be done with them. If you could somehow export the tracks to a flash drive and rip/burn your own physical CD copy, it might not be so bad. But again, unless you like that long hair shit, you're going to listen to it ONCE and be done with it.

*If they are limiting you to only ONE skin per account, that means the skin that comes in the UE is totally fuckin' useless if you have the voucher from Gamestop for pre-ordering, which has a code for another skin. The challenges will probably be available for $5 later on on PSN.

*The artbook will probably be some thin as shit 20-25 page piece of crap that shows some concept art and yadda yadda.
I got the same deal with my GTA IV "Special Edition". It wasn't worth the extra $30, but the fact it came with a PHYSICAL cd of music, a dufflebag, a keychain and a METAL lockbox that friggin' locks WAS.

But hey, if YOU think it's worth the extra $40, that's all that matters. Some of us are just gonna be content waiting for a B2G1 free sale at Gamestop on used titles a month or two after this game comes out and trying to find a copy of this and a couple other 'big hits' for $33 each after sale discount.[/QUOTE]

I agree that God of War isn't worth $60 to me. It is worth much more. I am spending approx $120 to get all of the DLC and codes.

I am working on the 7-eleven promotion, I have the gamestop/amazon preorder bonus's and the ultimate edition preordered.

This is the most anticipated game for me, for a few years now. I am very excited for it.

Anything is worth what you put a value on. Many people put a lot of time, effort and love into it- and I will be an early adopter and support that cause.

I still have craploads of God of War III E3 demo codes!!

Whomever wants one, PM me

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I preordered from Amazon (Apollo) and Gamestop (Phantom of Chaos) just for the preorder codes. I can only enter 1 on my account. What I am going to do is give my friend the other, and just gameshare it to myself. As far as I can tell, it is the easiest way to get around this situation without making another account, which is just a waste of time. It is a little rediculous that I have to jump through hoops to use both codes... I actually preordered the game twice!

I wish I had a local GameCrazy for the third costume, Forgotten Warrior. I am even getting the Ultimate Edition, so I will have that costume too! All I will need is the GameCrazy one.

If anyone has a local GameCrazy, could you pick me up a Forgotten Warrior costume code? I would really appreciate it. I can even get you a Gamestop (Phantom of Chaos) code if you need it![/QUOTE]

I got yo back.

PM me and I'll hook you up

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I want a Game Crazy costume code. I will give slurpee points for one.[/QUOTE]

Same for you. Keep the points. PM me for a Game Crazy code.

Goes for anyone else on CAG that's not a douche (1/2 of you)
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']I still have craploads of God of War III E3 demo codes!!

I got yo back.

PM me and I'll hook you up

Same for you. Keep the points. PM me for a Game Crazy code.

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

PM sent. Thanks a lot :)

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']I still have craploads of God of War III E3 demo codes!!

Whomever wants one, PM me[/QUOTE]
PM sent. Very cool of you. :applause:

I hate to say it but I think doing my laundy in Heavy Rain will be funner than this. More so because I spent 2 hrs playing Rygar on my NES then played GOW 1 and immediately went back upstairs to finish up rygar.

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/[/QUOTE] Hey, I made the cut! :lol:

Thanks very much for the code, man.

I played the demo and it is amazing. I have never ever played gow and picking up gow 3 wasn't so hard to pick up and play or anything. The game mechanics, graphics, combos and everything is easy to learn and get adjusted to. Overall, I like the game but won't buy it..lol. I will rent it though and play through.

The codes on the bottom of the slurpee cups are really impossible to read. I have 2 small cups and 1 large cup that just will not go in. All I need is 2 more points for the theme....

Just played the demo. Wow. This game just put itself into number the number 1 place for March.

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']No prob on the codes guys.

and I still have plenty more GoWIII Demo codes and Forgotten Warrior Skin codes.

So keep em coming

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

I'd take a Forgotten Warrior skin code if you've still got one of 'em. Also, thanks for handing all this stuff out. There seems to be nothing better in the CAG community than the guy that hands out free swag-type stuff so thanks for being so awesome :D Darn GameCrazy and the closest one being about 60 or 70 miles away :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
bigtime thanks for the free skin code FrankCastleAZ youre definetly one of the cag greats. not alot of people would give those away for free and youve given tons of demo codes free too. keep up the good works and props on your appearances on wednesdays cagcast. especially the second time funny stuff.

Wait a second! We can only use 1 skin code/account? Link? Why are they doing this to us? Looks like I'll pass on trying to get the Slurpee skin code.

And I don't care if I can unlock the skins in-game. If I have a code to unlock it RIGHT NOW then I damned well better be able to.

Will it be 1 skin/account unless you buy their DLC which enables the use of multiple skins and comes with a bonus skin? It better not be!

Well, for anyone doing the slurpee thing trying to get stuff, there's apparently a universal code that'll give you 2 points (BSBV-MJTB-DNQN). Just tried it myself, and it worked. I guess if you want the Home items it'd be a nice way to get them without actually buying anything (or in my case traveling 30+ miles just to buy a slurpee at the nearest 7-11).

Thanks for the code, FrankCastleAZ!

I have an extra GOWIII E309 demo code if anyone still needs one. First person to PM me gets it!

[quote name='LordKefka06']Shouldn't the demo be going public soon?[/QUOTE]

You would think so, since we're less than 2 months out from the release of the game now, but maybe Sony is seeing that making it a 'pre-order only' demo is getting more potential sales.

Of course I pre-ordered, got the demo(and skin code) and apparently I promptly lost it, since I only have the demo/skin code from my copy of the God Of War Collection.

Unless I shoved the GS pre-order code voucher into the manual for the collection. If I find it though, I may give away one demo code to a CAG vet and contributor.

@Frank PM sent please & Thank You

As for GOW3.When I purchase a special/collection edition of the game I want physical items that I can display,not really into exclusive content.It would of been nice to see an actual CD being shipped with the Ultimate edition of this game.

Might just pick up collectors edition of Bioshock 2..?

bread's done
Back