God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wouldn't four lefts be a circle?;)

Too bad the price isn't reduced online or you could possibly get BB to PM this.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it'd be more of a square.

edit - mapquest item removed.

Not sure why I blocked out the exact street I'm on. It's not like anybody would care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Store Locator said my local GS had it in stock. Walked in and saw it on the shelf behind the counter. Immediately got in line for it. When the guy pulled it down, I said I heard they marked it down (giving me a way out if, for some reason, it still rang up 79.99), lady behind the counter (manager?) said she heard that too, but didn't know how much it was going for now. They tried and tried to get the original SKU to work. I was halfway to this thread on my phone before they finally decided the used SKU was the right one. The lady was pretty excited about it. The customer behind me was not happy I had gotten it. Not sure if there were others in the back or not. Probably so since the GS employee was so excited about the price.

Store tracker said YES...got to GS, employee said YEA he has some in the back. Employee walks to back, comes back out and says "...imma assume they were for $40 cuz my manager just said we just sold them earlier" I am assuming he kept them for himself

[quote name='catabarez']So what should I do if they tell me the price is $79.99?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't tell you that. The GS near me could not ring it up by the sticker price.

[quote name='catabarez']So what should I do if they tell me the price is $79.99?[/QUOTE]

A: Ask them to check it in the computer because you read online that it was discounted...
B: Punch them in the face and Yell "It's supposed to be $24.99 SUCKA!!!

You will probably have better luck with A but B would be much more entertaining.

Argh, finally decided to simply call that location. The woman working there said that they had one, but they put it away on request for somebody an hour ago.

If I wasn't so piss-poor at following directions while driving, I'd have myself a GoW III Ultimate Edition. :cry: I want that Box.

Edit - Saving some jerk the trouble of posting
images

Have them actually ring it up, it'll be the right price when scanned

Man really excited got my copy and they said that someone came in wanting to buy both copies that they had but since I called early in the AM that she held it for me

(fuck yea a good GS experience)

Have them ring it up and look at the Sig Cap machine which will show the amount.

If it is indeed $80 then knock over the magazine rack and throw glitter in the air while you skip on out.

Have them ring it up and look at the Sig Cap machine which will show the amount.

If it is indeed $80 then knock over the magazine rack and throw glitter in the air while you skip on out.

[quote name='GeddyThePolack']I was a manager at GameStop and can confirm there are no transferring items between stores for customers. Managers get a print out every morning of transfers and you are unable to remove/add items. The system cross references what stores have what and goes from there.[/QUOTE]

you think they'll stop the transfer then? i hope not i want it for my own collection but not enough to drive out 30+ miles. my price point is $40 for me and I'm a big GoW fan myself.

Woot! Woot! My gamestop had one left, I asked for it and they asked if I called earlier I replied "no", and I said "I'll take it" he kindly tried and tried to scan again no luck. So they looked the sku up and it was the used for $24.99 the employee was in disbelief, called the manager over and he double checked. I was started to get worried, then he said "yeah thats correct sell it at the used price". Jackpot! the employee told me it was my lucky day, and said how a co-employee was going to pissed cause he has been eying it up for a while, two other guys in the store asked if they had another and it was too bad cause I had the last one in my hands. Thanks OP, and CAGs

does the store locator even work? i've tried on explorer and firefox, but they keep saying i need cookies to be enabled when they already are.

I went to a store that was supposed to have it in stock and they tried looking it up and couldn't find it in the system. It also looks like noone really tried that store yet so they probably have some sitting in the back somewhere but didn't seem like they cared to look so i left it alone.

[quote name='david12795']does the store locator even work? i've tried on explorer and firefox, but they keep saying i need cookies to be enabled when they already are.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me with the link on page one. The link on page 2 worked for me though.

[quote name='david12795']i cant find a way to enable this on firefox..it just me :p[/QUOTE]

it worked for me yesterday night but doesn't work anymore. I believe there is one now on page 2 that works.

Checked a store that said it had it in stock in when I got there they checked the cabinet behind the counter and in the computer and it was a no go. The other guy there said the sold it earlier in the morning which suck, but o well I saved some money until the next new deal shows up.

I drove 30 mi to get the GOW 3 UE and they associate charged me $29.99. He sounded mad that he didn't know about the new price and overrode the $26.99 price and charged $29.99

[quote name='dizmilli']I drove 30 mi to get the GOW 3 UE and they associate charged me $29.99. He sounded mad that he didn't know about the new price and overrode the $26.99 price and charged $29.99[/QUOTE]
wth
can an associate do that?

Just got one, it was even marked at 29.99 on the box. Still sealed. It did ring up as 26.99. The girl working there even looked up to see if they had the Batman CE anywhere close by. Best GS experience I've had so far.

I'm gonna hit up the closest GS tomorrow with a buddy of mine to see if I can snag at least two of these(one for me, one for my buddies' bro-in-law).

At least now I'll have some use for the GOW 3 UE guides I picked up a while ago that some fucker from BB hoarded when they dropped.:bomb:

[quote name='AJVtony831']This is already on Slickdeals so it might become harder to find.[/QUOTE]

come on guys, I did not locate a copy but took a minute to thumbs down their copied post....
they even copied the locator link ...

get over there and thumbs down! (NO need to post and bump the thread)

[quote name='sgr76']Would it be rude of me to ask the store to take my number and call me if they come across one of em?[/QUOTE]

not rude. but pretty much useless.

[quote name='sgr76']Would it be rude of me to ask the store to take my number and call me if they come across one of em?[/QUOTE]
Not at all, IMO.

You know what? From my last interaction with the store that the site says had it, I'm sure they have it but aren't selling it. The associate seemed a little too sure for someone who didn't even bother to look

[quote name='royalbliss1']Just got one, it was even marked at 29.99 on the box. Still sealed. It did ring up as 26.99. The girl working there even looked up to see if they had the Batman CE anywhere close by. Best GS experience I've had so far.[/QUOTE]

My box was marked at $29.99 as well. It wasn't last week when I was in there Ive been eying it up for the last several months has been $79.99 the whole time.

Anyone have an extra one? All my Gamestops were out or the worker didn't want to look. I have a sealed NHL 11 to offer in return.

I called 3 local stores that all showed it "in stock" on their website. One said they didn't have it anymore, one said they "didn't know where the extra items were", and the last one said they were "required" to ship everything back to their corporate offices. My bullshit detector was spiking red, but I didn't feel like pressing the issue over the phone.

got this in Memphis (Winchester by the Wal-mart). There was one more left. Still marked 79.99 and on the top top shelf in the front left corner of the store.

Woooohooooo love CAG. Scored a last copy at a GS 30 min from me. Was about to lose hope because I had called about 4 gs near me and all said they did not have it or some could have been lying. Called one last one 30 min away and the guy said they had one last one and I asked if he could hold it for me and he said sure. When I picked it up the guy said it was brand new but they had to sell it as used. It had a price tag that said $29.99 but rang up $26.99 plus tax. Good luck to the rest of you fellow CAG cause I think the gs employees are catching on to this. And big thanks to OP.

Wow, got a free pandora box and art book last week when looking for guides and they gutted these, went back to get the codes today and they were still there.

Upgraded my regular edition to an Ultimate for free and got an extra Ultimate codes to trade.

bread's done
Back