God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Ummm...OK...you're still trying...and still failing.[/QUOTE]

Failing at what? You're the one who accused me of working at Gamestop simply because I found it funny that you were all pissy that you got crap service from a company known for crap service.

But anyhow, how about those $25 GoW CEs? Wish I could have found one!

[quote name='kraftwerks']Failing at what? You're the one who accused me of working at Gamestop simply because I found it funny that you were all pissy that you got crap service from a company known for crap service.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really, you signed in just for this?!?!

It wasn't accusing...it was assuming...you know like what you did.

41 posts and not logging in since 1/25/11 just to give everyone else entertainment.

You're just upset that you decided to give your two cents only to have to bend down and pick it back up.

Keep it up! I'll go start some popcorn...

lol, you're looking into post counts and history, and I'm upset?
BTW: I check CAG out nearly every day, multiple times a day. Don't know where that stat came from.
See the part of the above post where I tried to get back on topic? That was me dropping the issue.
But as long as you keep responding, so will I.
Eventually one of us will prolly get a warning or ban and all this will get deleted. Doesn't matter to me.

after calling about 5 GS, a very nice employee said she didn't have any but a nearby location did and the only reason she knew that was because she "remembers them" having some. the employees were very nice and she said the employee at the other store would hold it for me as i made the drive (over 25 miles...)

the outside of the box it comes in is pretty beat up but it's brand new... is the DLC inside the sealed game? i'm not sure if i'm going to open it yet as i still have the original version from release day...

[quote name='iHack']after calling about 5 GS, a very nice employee said she didn't have any but a nearby location did and the only reason she knew that was because she "remembers them" having some. the employees were very nice and she said the employee at the other store would hold it for me as i made the drive (over 25 miles...)

the outside of the box it comes in is pretty beat up but it's brand new... is the DLC inside the sealed game? i'm not sure if i'm going to open it yet as i still have the original version from release day...[/QUOTE]
Yes, the DLC is inside the game

[quote name='iHack']after calling about 5 GS, a very nice employee said she didn't have any but a nearby location did and the only reason she knew that was because she "remembers them" having some. the employees were very nice and she said the employee at the other store would hold it for me as i made the drive (over 25 miles...)

the outside of the box it comes in is pretty beat up but it's brand new... is the DLC inside the sealed game? i'm not sure if i'm going to open it yet as i still have the original version from release day...[/QUOTE]

Yes it's packed inside the sealed game.

Well if your interested in the DLC at all u might want to download it soon because it expires next week on 3/16/11. That is what it said on my copy I got last week.

[quote name='JQUEST97']Well if your interested in the DLC at all u might want to download it soon because it expires next week on 3/16/11. That is what it said on my copy I got last week.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info! looks like i should probably crack it then, seeing as it won't be useful by next week...

I just did a quick ebay search on the Ultimate Edition (haven't been on ebay in ages), and the results are hilarious. Everyone is asking for $120 - $150 for a sealed copy of it, and everyone else knows damn well they bough it for $25. Anyone looking for it knows better than to give a scalper a 400% profit on it.

I'm in the process of trying to pick up one of 2 UEs I'm sitting on, but if you can't find a buyer in time of expiration, and I have no UE in sight, I'll buy the DLC codes off you.

[quote name='catabarez']Has anyone had problems redeeming their codes?[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly someone said they were pretty short dated. They were supposed to expire SOON, I think.

The soundtrack one may require you going to the God Of War website to redeem it, as I believe someone also said that one had already been listed as 'expired'.

Here's the site to enter it in on: http://www.godofwar.com/music/

I'm still looking to purchase the Pandoras Box, incase anyone was interested in selling just the box. Please PM me with a price

Just thought I'd give some insight into how this works, as I worked for Gamestop for over 3 years, until they canned my ass on some bullshit in November lol.

Seeing as the game has been moved to used, it will appear in their computer as used, meaning there's literally no way for them to look up if they have of the Collectors Edition without physically know they do. On top of that, because it is used, you can use your Powerup Rewards card on it as well to save yourself 10%. On top of THAT, lol, you can return the physical game within 7 days as it is now considered used by Gamestop, meaning if you really wanted to abuse the system (which is completely okay as it is policy), you could keep all of the extras and just return the physical copy of the game for a full refund.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I just did a quick ebay search on the Ultimate Edition (haven't been on ebay in ages), and the results are hilarious. Everyone is asking for $120 - $150 for a sealed copy of it, and everyone else knows damn well they bough it for $25. Anyone looking for it knows better than to give a scalper a 400% profit on it.[/QUOTE]

Please don't blindly insult people like that, seeing as I've owned a copy of the Collector's Edition since the day the game was released, and it's still sealed. I'll be holding onto it to see if it ever gains any value. If it doesn't, I'll open it and have the items on display. The game just went to the used SKU for $25 very recently, meaning that those trying to be sold were most likely bought around the original MSRP. Please think before you post something like that. You honestly haven't a clue what you're talking about in this situation.
-Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bosoxdanc']Just thought I'd give some insight into how this works, as I worked for Gamestop for over 3 years, until they canned my ass on some bullshit in November lol.

Seeing as the game has been moved to used, it will appear in their computer as used, meaning there's literally no way for them to look up if they have of the Collectors Edition without physically know they do. On top of that, because it is used, you can use your Powerup Rewards card on it as well to save yourself 10%. On top of THAT, lol, you can return the physical game within 7 days as it is now considered used by Gamestop, meaning if you really wanted to abuse the system (which is completely okay as it is policy), you could keep all of the extras and just return the physical copy of the game for a full refund.

Please don't blindly insult people like that, seeing as I've owned a copy of the Collector's Edition since the day the game was released, and it's still sealed. I'll be holding onto it to see if it ever gains any value. If it doesn't, I'll open it and have the items on display. The game just went to the used SKU for $25 very recently, meaning that those trying to be sold were most likely bought around the original MSRP. Please think before you post something like that. You honestly haven't a clue what you're talking about in this situation.
-Dan[/QUOTE]

You are giving people way too much credit. He's probably completely right about folks buying these up for 25 bucks and trying to make a tidy profit.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']You are giving people way too much credit. He's probably completely right about folks buying these up for 25 bucks and trying to make a tidy profit.[/QUOTE]

They JUST dropped to the used price. He is of course right that there will be some people doing it, but a lot of people selling these are just people or companies doing it to sell the ones they had around launch when they picked it up. I always check to see if they're selling at all for those prices because I've had a copy for months, but people really have been listing it for that price ($120+) for a while now. If there's still a lot of copies of the CE left at Gamestop, then yeah, people definitely won't pay $120 now. From what I've seen people weren't paying $120+ at all, and this should make them worth even less...for now.

[quote name='iHack']How much is a fair price for the DLC? I couldn't find any on eBay (just DLC...)[/QUOTE]

Since I bought the Ultimate during release....

It was fetching ~$20 when GOW3 came out. The extra arena challenges DLC came free to PS+ subscribers for a month late last year.

I feel bad for the Gamestop near my house. The website tracker lists them as having it in stock but apparently that has been incorrect for at least 3 weeks when the deal started. The guy who answered the phone laughed and said he gets about 8 calls a day about these things.

The codes expire on Wednesday (03/16)- and since they were probably printed when the PSN was updated on Wednesday, I'd imagine that they'll go back on Tuesday. Happy hunting, everyone.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I just did a quick ebay search on the Ultimate Edition (haven't been on ebay in ages), and the results are hilarious. Everyone is asking for $120 - $150 for a sealed copy of it, and everyone else knows damn well they bough it for $25. Anyone looking for it knows better than to give a scalper a 400% profit on it.[/QUOTE]
You give people wayyyyy too much credit. People are inherently lazy and impatient. Rather than going to the store themselves to look for these items they'll pay Joe Shmoe Hoarder #5825908 a premium price of 200-400%+ over current MSRP of said item to have it shipped to their doorstep.

Then if it's not to their liking they can always claim it was 'not as described' and either get a partial or total refund from the seller.

As for everyone knowing they bought it for $25, unless they're all on CAG(or anywhere else it may have been posted) and saw this thread then I highly doubt it. Most normal consumers are shnooks and don't follow pricing trends enough to know that shit eventually drops in price to clearance out old stock. That's why some of them go so fuckin' nuts when they see clearance at Target and buy shit at 15% off.

[quote name='bosoxdanc']Seeing as the game has been moved to used, it will appear in their computer as used, meaning there's literally no way for them to look up if they have of the Collectors Edition without physically know they do. On top of that, because it is used, you can use your Powerup Rewards card on it as well to save yourself 10%. On top of THAT, lol, you can return the physical game within 7 days as it is now considered used by Gamestop...[/QUOTE]

I just want to understand this... I can go back with just the copy of the game (case/blu-ray disc) and get a full refund for that?

Since it's a collector's edition, wouldn't they know what it consists of?

[quote name='iHack']I just want to understand this... I can go back with just the copy of the game (case/blu-ray disc) and get a full refund for that?

Since it's a collector's edition, wouldn't they know what it consists of?[/QUOTE]

No because you bought the CE as God of War 3 (Used). The CE was converted to used in the system. On the receipt it just says that you got the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You give people wayyyyy too much credit. People are inherently lazy and impatient. Rather than going to the store themselves to look for these items they'll pay Joe Shmoe Hoarder #5825908 a premium price of 200-400%+ over current MSRP of said item to have it shipped to their doorstep.

Then if it's not to their liking they can always claim it was 'not as described' and either get a partial or total refund from the seller.

As for everyone knowing they bought it for $25, unless they're all on CAG(or anywhere else it may have been posted) and saw this thread then I highly doubt it. Most normal consumers are shnooks and don't follow pricing trends enough to know that shit eventually drops in price to clearance out old stock. That's why some of them go so fuckin' nuts when they see clearance at Target and buy shit at 15% off.[/QUOTE]

This couldn't be more correct. I sat in line for a Wii at WalMart when it came out. I bought it solely because I wanted to sell it, so I could get a Wii and a few games lol. I bought it for $250 and a dude right there offered me $450, and I took the offer. Although this isn't really the same kind of situation, people really do not want to wait for something, or do any sort of research.

A few weeks ago a Blockbuster near me started to liquidate, so they marked everything 10% off. The place was wiped clean within a few hours at most, simply because the average consumer just doesn't know about any other places to buy shit, and nor do they care. They see something marked down and think it's a phenomenal deal, when in reality it's still way overpriced.

I had plenty of times at Gamestop where people came in and sold a game that had JUST came out a few days previous (a $60 game usually trades in for about $25-30) for store credit, but most of the times these people wanted cash (which is 20% less), so I'd recommend they go on eBay and sell their items, which I technically shouldn't have done, but whatever. Anyways, people just don't want to do sort of work (literally...zero work) when it comes to this sort of thing. It's the reason why Gamestop is so successful. People simply don't care to research anything.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No because you bought the CE as God of War 3 (Used). The CE was converted to used in the system. On the receipt it just says that you got the game.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember what my receipt said when I threw it away but it may have actually been for the God of War collection game instead of GoW 3. Not too sure.

[quote name='Donut2922']I don't remember what my receipt said when I threw it away but it may have actually been for the God of War collection game instead of GoW 3. Not too sure.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It says just GoW 3 (Used)...

[quote name='iHack']Nope. It says just GoW 3 (Used)...[/QUOTE]

k, thanks i wasn't sure. my pandora's box makes for a good video game storage (for current games I'm playing) :D

[quote name='Donut2922']I don't remember what my receipt said when I threw it away but it may have actually been for the God of War collection game instead of GoW 3. Not too sure.[/QUOTE]

My receipt said God of War Collection on it, it says the same thing on the Power-up rewards site for that purchase.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My receipt said God of War Collection on it, it says the same thing on the Power-up rewards site for that purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you received the GoW III Collector's Edition and it was sold as a GoW Collection, they probably had the wrong sticker on the Collector's Edition.

Checked all the local stores and they didn't have it in stock. Viewed the map online and called all the stores in a 100 mile range....none have it.

My local stores are assholes too, didn't go in there for months.

Sad i missed out on such a great deal. I wanted to purchase it on release day but didn't own a PS3 at the time and went with HALO LE instead. Is there any other discounted LE's/CE's i can grab for cheap?

[quote name='Gamerstone']Checked all the local stores and they didn't have it in stock. Viewed the map online and called all the stores in a 100 mile range....none have it.

My local stores are assholes too, didn't go in there for months.

Sad i missed out on such a great deal. I wanted to purchase it on release day but didn't own a PS3 at the time and went with HALO LE instead. Is there any other discounted LE's/CE's i can grab for cheap?[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288374&highlight=cheap+edition

I went to 2 gamestops and both told me that they no longer carry it even though both of them had it in stock online.

For those who are wondering, the UPC for this is only on the outer box and not on the game case (sleeve) itself.

[quote name='guitar1god']I went to 2 gamestops and both told me that they no longer carry it even though both of them had it in stock online.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, both said they did not have it and online says otherwise. what really pissed me off was when one employee said they sold out of them on sunday (i went last monday), then before I left the store I asked again and this time the other employee said they had sold the last one on friday.....

Well i spent the last 30 minutes on the phone calling all the stores that have it in "stock" in a ~250 mile radius and...none have it? :(

If someone can snag this baby up for me I'll send you the money( or giftcard) for the amount of purchase+shipping and also extra. Please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No go at either of the Wilkes-Barre(PA) Gamestop stores for GOW III UE. I stopped into both earlier today and was told they either sold out of it or employees took home the extras.:bomb:

Oh well. I officially give up on finding this for $25.

When I called the store that said they had one online, they said they destroyed the extra items. Why would you destroy them instead of selling them or giving them away?

[quote name='lukejskywalker']When I called the store that said they had one online, they said they destroyed the extra items. Why would you destroy them instead of selling them or giving them away?[/QUOTE]
by destroyed they took it home themselves

[quote name='lukejskywalker']When I called the store that said they had one online, they said they destroyed the extra items. Why would you destroy them instead of selling them or giving them away?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing "destroy" is slang for "employees take them home".

[quote name='bosoxdanc']This couldn't be more correct. I sat in line for a Wii at WalMart when it came out. I bought it solely because I wanted to sell it, so I could get a Wii and a few games lol. I bought it for $250 and a dude right there offered me $450, and I took the offer. Although this isn't really the same kind of situation, people really do not want to wait for something, or do any sort of research.

A few weeks ago a Blockbuster near me started to liquidate, so they marked everything 10% off. The place was wiped clean within a few hours at most, simply because the average consumer just doesn't know about any other places to buy shit, and nor do they care. They see something marked down and think it's a phenomenal deal, when in reality it's still way overpriced.

I had plenty of times at Gamestop where people came in and sold a game that had JUST came out a few days previous (a $60 game usually trades in for about $25-30) for store credit, but most of the times these people wanted cash (which is 20% less), so I'd recommend they go on eBay and sell their items, which I technically shouldn't have done, but whatever. Anyways, people just don't want to do sort of work (literally...zero work) when it comes to this sort of thing. It's the reason why Gamestop is so successful. People simply don't care to research anything.[/QUOTE]

Was flipping some Fallout New Vegas yesterday, and a mom and her son were waiting to ask the guy doing the tradein a question. They were standing there talking about the Gamer magazine that Best Buy has, and was gonna use the a $20 off coupon in it on Fable 3. Heard the kid say "5 dollars for twenty isnt bad". He was still gonna pay $50 for it after tax and buying the magazine. I was gonna tell him that he isnt getting a deal, but held off.

I feel like I have to be Robin Hood with the info CAG gives me. But I dont want to be all random with people.

bread's done
Back