God of War Saga and infamous Collection Announced Aug 28th $39.99 each

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I will update once prices confirmed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might get all three of these "collections." I have the Ratchet & Clank games on PS2 except for the arena based one. I think that's "Deadlocked" or something.

I'd probably get them if they were bundled with a Dual Shock 3, especially the InFamous collection since I have InFamous and a digital version of InFamous 2 from PS+.

One of these days when I have money and there is a buy 2 get 1 free on new games. I'm going to buy 3 of those Dual Shock 3 bundles, hoping the cheapest of the 3 will be free.

Never owned any of the God of War games. I'll probably try to track down a cheap disc copy Origins if I can. Would have preferred a voucher for the PSP digital versions of the Origins collection's games.

[quote name='Slowdance']Except Ghost of Sparta wasnt even out and it was a year and a half before they put the PSP games out for PS3.

They didn't just print those games to a disc, they redid textures and models. Its not an overnight job.[/QUOTE]

And yet you still couldn't skip the cut scene before the final boss in Chains of Olympus if you died before the 1st check point during the fight.

Worst game design decision ever, but at least on PS3 you get a trophy after the 3rd time you have to re-watch the cut-scene. I probably watched that damn cu scene 10 times or more.

I bought all the GoW games during the last GS B2G1 so I'm all set there. PSN downtime and PS+ have given me Infamous 1&2 and I should have bought FoB when it was on sale.

I might think about getting the Ratchet collection, though I really didnt think much of the first one (good concept, but wasnt my cup o tea til Going Commando).

I'll get GoW Saga when it's around $15! I have Collections, III, and Origins all in backlog. I'll have to get rid of Collections as it is the GH version

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'll get GoW Saga when it's around $15! I have Collections, III, and Origins all in backlog. I'll have to get rid of Collections as it is the GH version[/QUOTE]

GOW Collection is only available as Greatest Hits.

[quote name='waldo21212']GOW Collection is only available as Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]

There was also a regular version of the collection available before it went Greatest Hits.

So I ordered from Newegg and it was 29.99....

I assume they won't honor that price, since Amazon seems to be the only place to ever do that. Answers?

I dunno, think I'm gonna bite on the GoW. I don't really care that it's download only, especially since I'm sitting on a sealed 3 and a barely used collection I can sell/trade.

[quote name='Thrinn']There was also a regular version of the collection available before it went Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a black label one in person, but the internets tells me they are real. I'll be damned, apparently it does exist.

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe in 15-20 years when your shelves are bare and you no longer 'own' any games, music, or movies in your collection, you'll understand. Or maybe you won't, but those who do care, will.[/QUOTE]

I see your point...but in that scenario, I'd most likely just think "oh, that's right, all that content is on my PS3 harddrive, that's right.."

Just like with "buying" a song on iTunes, even though you click purchase and put it on your iphone/ipod, youre not "buying" it, but simply utilizing the privilege to have "stock" in that piece of entertainment.

I think my collection will be plenty stocked in 20 yrs, and any voucher games I have will be secured on a harddrive that I can easily pull up if I wish to play.

[quote name='dan77733']I hate digital downloads. Its the future (and eventually, demise) of gaming. UGH.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='destro4eva']Exactly, another reason I won't buy this set or the Res. Evil super set.

Vouchers are retarded, gimme mah discs!![/QUOTE]

I don’t mind downloadable games, and I think it’s a bit of hyperbole to say that they are the demise of gaming. If downloadable gaming is done right, like on the pc or the android/apple app stores it’s a way to pay much less for games. If done wrong, like on the consoles, it’s a way to give your consumers less for the same price.

I don’t think the problem here is just downloadable games in general, it’s that Sony is coming out with a physical “collection” that is partially downloadable. It sends a mixed message and just confuses consumers. It also comes across as incredibly cheap and sloppy to throw them together like this with some items available through download and some on the disc. They are alienating a significant portion of the very audience they are targeting. It’s like they just had a bunch of extras around, and decided to throw them all in a box and fill in the rest with downloads. I can’t imagine getting a dvd TV season, or movie collection that had some of the shows/movies on disc and some downloadable.

[quote name='waldo21212']I have never seen a black label one in person, but the internets tells me they are real. I'll be damned, apparently it does exist.[/QUOTE]

It's real and its spectacular. My God of War collection is black label

Hope the release of the R&C collection drives down the Jak collection's price. Been waiting for that to drop for a while now.

Wonder if a Resistance collection is in the works... Wouldn't mind playing through R1 and the PSP game again for some trophies.

[quote name='jcp42877']Am I the only one who could care less about the fact there's a voucher included?

The only reason people are bitching is because once they beat it and try to trade it in, it won't be a "complete" set anymore. A game(s) like this should be kept anyways...they're a masterpiece.

For me, getting games on a voucher is basically like gettin a PSN/MSP card included in the game, but just with a title already in mind with it.

Really don't see what the fuss is about discs...[/QUOTE]

There are two big reasons that download only content sucks. The first is bandwidth caps. The second is you lose digital content whenever the company that supports it decides to drop support. I can still play NES games that I own from 25+ years ago any time I want. Do you think Sony will still let you download current PSN games you "own" 25 years from now?

[quote name='Solatso']Seems like the GoW Saga is just the Omega Edition without the "Omega" (ie, without the extras)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...outed-includes-all-five-titles-kratos-statue/[/QUOTE]
Once again proving that Europe seems to get the superior version of collections and collectors' editions. For example, the version of the God Of War 3 CE they received had actual discs for all of the extra stuff like soundtracks and documentaries whereas the U.S. received all DLC codes for those. Not to mention that CE ended up including the God Of War Collection in the Pandora's Box replica as well for the same price when people in the U.S. had to buy that seperately for $30.

I guess Sony must feel that everybody in the U.S. all have super fast internet and don't mind not getting games on an actual physical format. Some of us still do.

This is a pass for me until hopefully Best Buy puts out an @Gamer coupon for this bundle. Then I'll just sell the DLC codes for the PSP games and keep the rest, since I can borrow the Origins collection from a buddy of mine, who got it from BB for $15 soon after launch.

Yeah I probably wont get the GoW and Infamous collections (GoW:C, GoW:III, Infamous 1, and Infamous 2) So I could just get the God of War Origins Collection and Infamous: Festival of Blood later on. Still plan on getting the Ratchet and Clank Collection

[quote name='jaredstorm']So I ordered from Newegg and it was 29.99....

I assume they won't honor that price, since Amazon seems to be the only place to ever do that. Answers?[/QUOTE]

Newegg is great about honoring prices. They won't mess with it, and I also pre-ordered it on there. ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']While I Understand not wanting to have the voucher this is still a great deal. Right now the cheapest you could find all three parts New on Amazon

GoW 3: $25.92
GoW Collection: $28.98
GoW Origins Collection: $37.99

~$92

Add in the extras and the Free month of PS+ (~$4) and this is a spanking deal. It would be great to have the physical disc but I am assuming it was done to reduce cost and limit used sales.[/QUOTE]
If you don't care about pre-owned copies at all, then you could've snagged all three portions of this collection new & used for around $30 over the last year or so.

$15 NEW-God Of War Origins Collection @ Best Buy after @Gamer coupon
$7.50 pre-owned-God Of War III-during a BOGO sale at Blockbuster or for $6 as part of their 5/$30(and later 5/$25) dealie last fall
$8 pre-owned-God Of War Collection-after another @Gamer coupon for $X off a pre-owned copy

So the chance to own all of these games between new and pre-owned copies would have been $10 less than the MSRP for this collection and at least when you're done with them you could resell/trade them.

God of War 1 & 2 $10
God of War 3 $5
================
Total $15. I'll get GOW Origins Collection under $15. Don't feel like paying extra $30 for something i already owned & I don't support download CODES.

[quote name='limelight022']$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol[/QUOTE]

This is going in my signature haha! And even for $60 this would be an awesome deal if you don't only any of these games yet/only own a few.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Newegg is great about honoring prices. They won't mess with it, and I also pre-ordered it on there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding. Seemed like newegg jumped the gun with their price, but they always knock like $10-$15 off new games anyway...

[quote name='jcp42877']

Really don't see what the fuss is about discs...[/QUOTE]

My internet connection is terrible, so downloading a big game from a PSN it's always a pain. Also the PS3 hard drive won't last forever, so re-downloading a bunch of games from the PSN doesn't sounds good at all for me.

Don't see the point of putting a bunch of codes when you can put all the games on the disk, it's a waste of resources IMO.

It was all beauty and shiny until they stated that some of the games were going to be download vouchers. I already own Festival of Blood and Infamous 2 so there's no point on getting that one. And already played all the God of War games, the idea of having them all on a box was appealing but download vouchers, meh...

Already pre-ordered the R&C collection, that one is the only one that i found to be great.

But if you haven't played this games this is a great chance to own them all. Really awesome games for a great price.

I don't really need this as I own all of the GoW games and Infamous stuff. But why are people getting so butthurt over these? I see a lot of people saying they own most if not all the stuff, yet are still mad. If you own it already, its not really marketed for you in the first place. And if you own most of it or just some of them, the original copies will drop in price now to pick them up in separate packaging. It's basically a win/win for anyone that wants all the games at one time, or just needs to fill the holes in the collection with the originals.

I wanted to love Infamous but it hard to figure out what you are doing. I get lost mid-mission because I have to track something down using my powers. That is silly. I can get any better cues to let me know I am on the right path or anything? I think Infamous 2 was a little better from the demo. I think I will pick that one up and get thru it.

That GOW collection is mine. I don't know how you pass that up just for collection purposes alone.

Um....Le God of War Origins Collection is going down to $20 for those complainers. So, um, yeah. $60 STILL ain't half bad.

Just came back from the local Target and they had this game on the shelf for sale.

A few interesting notes:

Price is listed at $39.99
Packaging still states that God of War III is in 3D along with God of War Origins

I'm really interested in the 3D feature of GoW3, but there are conflicting reports as to if in fact it supports it.

[quote name='king9x']Packaging still states that God of War III is in 3D along with God of War Origins

I'm really interested in the 3D feature of GoW3, but there are conflicting reports as to if in fact it supports it.[/QUOTE]

Did it say that on the back of the box? The mention of 3D on the front is rather vague, and doesn't seem to say specifically that GoW3 is in 3D. Last I had heard someone over at Sony later mentioned in the comment section that GoW3 is not actually in 3D. Considering how hard GoW3 pushed the hardware, I wouldn't think that the PS3 would have the horsepower to render the game in 3D while maintaining anything that resembles a decent framerate.

[quote name='Thrinn']Did it say that on the back of the box? The mention of 3D on the front is rather vague, and doesn't seem to say specifically that GoW3 is in 3D. Last I had heard someone over at Sony later mentioned in the comment section that GoW3 is not actually in 3D. Considering how hard GoW3 pushed the hardware, I wouldn't think that the PS3 would have the horsepower to render the game in 3D while maintaining anything that resembles a decent framerate.[/QUOTE]

The wording was exactly the same as the blog post, other than not having God of War III crossed out. So yes, it specifically states that God of War III and God of War Origins are in 3D.

[quote name='Thrinn']Considering how hard GoW3 pushed the hardware, I wouldn't think that the PS3 would have the horsepower to render the game in 3D while maintaining anything that resembles a decent framerate.[/QUOTE]

Considering both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 support 3D I don't think the PS3 is incapable of rendering GoW3 in 3D. But I highly doubt it is 3D anyway.

[quote name='king9x']Just came back from the local Target and they had this game on the shelf for sale.[/QUOTE]

Was it a normal PS3 case? There hasn't been a 2-disc PS3 case yet.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']
Was it a normal PS3 case? There hasn't been a 2-disc PS3 case yet.[/QUOTE]

*interested*

Maybe it could be similar to how this one was done, double layered?

deadrising2zombrexedition04.jpg

(Yes, steelbook, but just suggesting possibilites while we wait for his reply)

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Considering both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 support 3D I don't think the PS3 is incapable of rendering GoW3 in 3D.[/QUOTE]True, but IIRC those games are capped at 30 FPS were as GoW3 isn't. Uncharted 3 is rather impressive in the fact that they had to make very few compromises when rendering the game in 3D, but then again that's Naughty Dog. Killizone 3 runs at about half its original resolution in 3D. Both of those games also had 3D integrated during their development. Going back and adding 3D to GoW3 after the fact would be a fairly sizable undertaking and some compromises would probably have to be made to do so.

[quote name='Tdog987']I ordered GOW Saga from Newegg for $30. How is there shipping? Will I be getting in on release day or may a day or 2 after?[/QUOTE]

I live in New York and usualy get my stuff within a day or two of the release day. I order from Newegg a lot. Some stuff actually comes next day with Free Shipping.

Definitely getting the GoW Saga along with the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Already have the inFamous games, so I'm gonna skip that. I'm going to have too many games to play...

GoW Saga is by far the best deal- $40 for 5 great games. Glad I held off on buying the games individually. inFamous Collection isn't really that great of a deal- isn't the MSRP of both games $20 now? Though it does include Festival of Blood- so you save $10.

Hope they make a Resistance collection.

Infamous is $40? I thought it was going to be $40

Is the Ratchet one being talked about the one that EU got with the PS2 games or is there a new PS3 collection coming with ToD, CiT and QFB?

[quote name='showtimefolks']i am getting the infamous collection if they are both on disks i don't want a digital download voucher[/QUOTE]

1 and 2 are each on their own disk but festival blood is a download code.

[quote name='Thrinn']Did it say that on the back of the box? The mention of 3D on the front is rather vague, and doesn't seem to say specifically that GoW3 is in 3D. Last I had heard someone over at Sony later mentioned in the comment section that GoW3 is not actually in 3D. Considering how hard GoW3 pushed the hardware, I wouldn't think that the PS3 would have the horsepower to render the game in 3D while maintaining anything that resembles a decent framerate.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, you've got to be kidding me, right? There are sooo many games that look better and far more impressive than GoWIII. It annoys me when people act like it was some graphical achievement... It was on par with the rest of the games that came out that year, with some looking even more impressive(including Uncharted 2, which came out nearly half a year earlier). As mentioned above, in Uncharted 3 could do it, there's no reason GoWIII couldn't. That being said, I don't think it will be.

not surpirsed this is 40 and i am happy because when i finally get a ps3 it will be cheap to get games i could afford before

[quote name='Havok83']Infamous is $40? I thought it was going to be $40

Is the Ratchet one being talked about the one that EU got with the PS2 games or is there a new PS3 collection coming with ToD, CiT and QFB?[/QUOTE]

It's the PS2 collection that has been out in Europe.

bread's done
Back