God of War, sans "Greatest Hits" Moniker

Anyone know where I can buy a sealed copy of God of War for the new price-- $19.99-- without the whole "Greatest Hits" crap all over the box and the disc? My local stores only have GHs, and it appears to be the same with their online stores...

They're ugly. :whistle2:( But yeah, that's what I'm hearing: The transition is REALLY short, but during that transition period, they just throw a sticker on top of the plastic that can be peeled off.

check a wal mart or target, My wally world has both GT4 and GoW for $20 without the GH red label. And they will still have them until they sell them all and then replace them with the GH versions.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']Should've snagged it right after the official price drop. My advice: try out some stores that aren't known for games. BtW, why do you care?[/quote]

i tried doing that, but they didnt have any in stock at my BB for about a week right after the day that GH labeling was announced for it on websites... :(

SEARS have tons of them w/o GH cover and it's not $20 or you can wait till this weekend get SEARS pricematch with CC or BB for $18.

I ordered from EBGames about 10 days ago, and rec'd the "stickered" version (the original w/ the GH sticker outside the cellophane). I can't say for certain that you'll be as fortunate, but you never know.

If you're really that worried about it, you could buy the red-tagged GH version cheap from the big retailers and check out some of the more off-beat stores like CompUSA or Sears for the original. Afterwards pull the old switcheroo and return the GH version to the second store since they use the same SKU.

[quote name='Masterkyo']SEARS have tons of them w/o GH cover and it's not $20 or you can wait till this weekend get SEARS pricematch with CC or BB for $18.[/QUOTE]

I just Price checked a non GH GoW tonight and it rang up at #20.

Well, I called around more after making this thread and found what I was looking for. While every other place was out, both Best Buy and Target had the GH "sticker" and the regular, ugly/permenant GHs ones. So... Mission accomplished!

I also got Killer 7 and Geist for 9.99 each. A productive outing!

The FYE in La Vale MD had some stickered versions, while the FYE in DC had the actual greatest hits version. If it hasn't already been suggested go and check a store that is known for questionable prices, you might luck out due to a less then rapid outflow of inventory.

I was at Gamecrazy today and they had 2 non-GH copies behind the counter/bookcased. I would say hit up low-key retailers, who haven't sold their previous stock of the game.

Greatest Hits is on the disc, too? I bought it before Christmas from EB.com, defective, exchanged at a B&M EB (after much hassle and three stores), only to find it too is fucked around 3/4ths through. Since the game doesn't work I don't care about the case, which is in good condition. But your disc would still be GH.

[quote name='Masterkyo']SEARS have tons of them w/o GH cover and it's not $20 or you can wait till this weekend get SEARS pricematch with CC or BB for $18.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sears definitely. The closest Sears in my area has about 9-10 copies of non-GH marked God of War.

bread's done
Back