Godzilla 2000 movie free on PSN -"its an offer you dont wanna miss!"

OP if you're lying..i have to put my drink down, pause Rescue Me and grab my controller to check this out..

p.s. i'm not going to say it, but many others will..

I found this bit of info on playstation.com

Rent Godzilla 2000 for FREE on PlayStation® video store. Offer ends 7/25/2010, so be sure to visit the store today!

I haven't actually rented a movie on the PS3 yet. I'm assuming it's a digital license to view it for probably 24 hours?

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I found this bit of info on playstation.com

I haven't actually rented a movie on the PS3 yet. I'm assuming it's a digital license to view it for probably 24 hours?[/QUOTE]

Once you click play. You've got 24 hours to watch it.

haters gunna hate. free is free.

the download blurb on psn says "its an offer you dont want to miss."

ITS AN OFFER.

YOU DONT WANNA MISS.

[quote name='token2k6']this isn't even the matthew broderick one..and yeah SD Rent only..[/QUOTE]

You're saying that as if its a bad thing.

I enjoyed Godzilla 2000 much more that the Broderick insult to cinema version. :bomb:

Thanks OP, even though it is a rental only. :applause:

[quote name='king9x']You're saying that as if its a bad thing.

I enjoyed Godzilla 2000 much more that the Broderick insult to cinema version. :bomb:

Thanks OP, even though it is a rental only. :applause:[/QUOTE]

hehe, well I just watched that one maybe a month ago..it was an ok movie when it came out, especially the soundtrack was kick ass!

guess I will check out this one though, might as well..

I wasn't interested in seeing this movie based on it looking like a piece of shit, but then I would have seen it anyways just because it was free, but then I read here that it is SD, so once again I change back to not being interested LOL. The fuck if I'm gonna watch a movie that isn't in HD!

[quote name='gomikeoh']haters gunna hate. free is free.[/QUOTE]

Im sure I could find someone to take a diarhea shit on my face for free also, but that doesnt mean its a good thing simply because its free.

[quote name='gargus']Im sure I could find someone to take a diarhea shit on my face for free also, but that doesnt mean its a good thing simply because its free.[/QUOTE]
ewwww

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Can I transfer this to my PSP Go? Since I don't use it for anything else.[/QUOTE]

seeing as if this is a rental, I highly doubt it..see if you can pull it up on your PSP Go and DL thru it??

[quote name='token2k6']seeing as if this is a rental, I highly doubt it..see if you can pull it up on your PSP Go and DL thru it??[/QUOTE]I'll try once I get home. I'm at work right now and hope the offer doesn't expire soon.

This is a great deal if you're into bad movies. Otherwise, it's a must-miss.

By the way, here's the most memorable quote from Godzilla 2000: "GODZILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

[quote name='token2k6']seeing as if this is a rental, I highly doubt it..see if you can pull it up on your PSP Go and DL thru it??[/QUOTE]
You surprising can download it via PSN onto a PSP. I'm in the process atm. 1.6 gb though, so plug your PSP into a wall socket.

Thanks OP!

Sort_of_want.jpg

[quote name='yarkitty123']By the way, here's the most memorable quote from Godzilla 2000 any Godzilla movie: "GODZILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"[/QUOTE]

^ Fixed!

Anyway, I am a huge Godzilla fan, I downloaded it but I own it already, so it lets me try the PSN rental system. :cool:

Oh and for the sake of saying it, godzilla 2000 is not the american pile of shit everyone seems to be thinking it is. Its the japanese release.

[quote name='gargus']Im sure I could find someone to take a diarhea shit on my face for free also, but that doesnt mean its a good thing simply because its free.[/QUOTE]

didn't need the image but this is spot on. isn't your time worth anything, people?

[quote name='confoosious']didn't need the image but this is spot on. isn't your time worth anything, people?[/QUOTE]This isn't the "Godzilla laid 10,000 eggs in Madison Square Garden" Godzilla movie. This is one of the cheesy-good Godzilla movies. You know? The ones that are fun to watch.

It sounds like you've been watching too much AVGN! :lol:

As another poster pointed out, this is supposedly the Japanese version (I'm too lazy to check myself so I'll just take their word for it). Godzilla 2000 isn't actually that bad, but "Godzilla" released in the U.S. back in 1998 was. That one was cringe-inducing crap, and arguably the worst movie in the - never-ending - series. But...this isn't that, so all is forgiven, right? Right.

Also, if you want that "cheesy-good" Godzilla just see Son of Godzilla. It really is quite hilarious. They totally botched Gozilla's face.

29o5v0z.jpg

Scary stuff.

Would definitely like to rent this free, but it won't allow me. Supposedly I forgot to deactivate my previous PS3 (before I traded it in towards the slim model) under my account. I can't seem to find an option to do it online on the PS website nor on my new PS3 console itself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll shoot an e-mail over to customer service.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's also free to watch whenever you want at Crackle.com (who also presents this promotion):[/QUOTE]I watched 'Godzilla: Final Wars' last week on Crackle and it was one hell of a fun movie. Godzilla impaling the U.S. Godzilla 1998 into the opera house in Sydney, Australia? YOU'VE GOT IT! Aliens? YEP! Mothra, Rodan, Anguarius? THEY'RE ALL HERE! MMA fighter Don Frye as a bad-ass Earth Defense Force airship captain? IT'S GOT THAT, TOO!

Seriously, if you're a Godzilla fan, go out of your way to see 'Final Wars'. It's filled with fan-service.

EDIT: Here's a Japanese trailer. The movie on Crackle is English-dubbed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlVkrtR9Vo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nflsonic']Would definitely like to rent this free, but it won't allow me. Supposedly I forgot to deactivate my previous PS3 (before I traded it in towards the slim model) under my account. I can't seem to find an option to do it online on the PS website nor on my new PS3 console itself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll shoot an e-mail over to customer service.[/QUOTE]

There is a website that'll allow you to deactivate PS3's, but I can't remember what it is. It's a Sony-based site, I know that much.

I've only watched this one for 30 minutes and it's definitely better than the US Godzilla movie.

I became a Godzilla fan in my early years. My parents used to tape them on Sci-Fi and pick up copies at the flea market. Bottom line, I watched way too much Godzilla as a child and developed a taste for it.

As someone already pointed out, Son of Godzilla is one of the better movies. Nice pace, some funny moments, and one of the best Godzilla entrances in all of the movies. Godzilla Final Wars is great too, although a bit rough on the second play. You have Frye (in a weird role to begin with) and Godzilla...all the bits in between the two are annoying.

Finally, if you are wanting to see some really crazy shit check out Godzilla vs Hedora (might be called the Smog Monster in the U.S. releases) and Godzilla vs Megalon. The former tried to go back to Godzilla being a commentary on the environment and is just plain weird for the most part with crazy little cartoons mixed in with the movie. The latter is widely regarded as the worst movie in the franchise. I have a soft spot for it though as I have a penchant for screaming Easter islanders and Ultra-Man ripoffs (Jet Jaguar is a much better character than Ultra-Man anyways).

PS Godzilla 2000 isn't that bad. I remember watching the trailer for it in the way back and it had music by Powerman 5000 (I think). I really liked the Godzilla design in that movie.

Not a PS3 owner, but I've been a longtime Godzilla fan ever since SuperHost showed them on Channel 43 here in Cleveland. My favorite of the later Godzilla movies was "Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack."

Eh, I'm in...d/l from within MediaSlow should take like 40 mins; looks like I'll be watching it tomorrow night...

/edit - Watched about half of it so far...it manages to capture some of the campiness and feel of the old school 'zilla movies without being too annoying. A few funny lines, pleasantly cheezy sfx, 3/5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back