GOG.com Holiday sale - 50% off most of catalog

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Most of the catalog is 50% off until January 2nd. Prices are not reflected on the search page. You have to click through to a game's individual page to see the sale price.

animalspinners already summed up the sale nicely, so I'll just copy his text from below to make it more visible.

"Everything is on sale except for games by Codemasters and Piranha Bytes (the three Gothic games), so like 8 games total out of 300+. Even the newest releases, like Ultima 7, are on sale.

The Activision stuff is only on sale until December 26th.

Other than that, everything is a straight 50% off until January 2nd. awesome sale."

Thanks, animalspinners.

GOG.com Holiday Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump this up as we get closer to the weekend. I just heard about the free Empire Earth and wanted to see if someone posted about it.

Anyone know if Empire Earth still has online games? I own the disc but will be grabbing it for LAN and (hopefully) online.

Bought Empire Earth for full price a couple years ago and it still is great. Having issues getting the expansion pack to work now though.

Im in for Empire Earth and I have a decent Wishlist Im hoping to work on. My main games are Arcanum, Alpha Centauri and Syberia.

I also have Myst and Riven on my list. Does anyone have any opinions on a service of preference for these? They are on Steam as well and I imagine they might show up on sale there soon as well.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im in for Empire Earth and I have a decent Wishlist Im hoping to work on. My main games are Arcanum, Alpha Centauri and Syberia.

I also have Myst and Riven on my list. Does anyone have any opinions on a service of preference for these? They are on Steam as well and I imagine they might show up on sale there soon as well.[/QUOTE]

GOG is DRM-free, so I'd always go with GOG.

Well for anyone interested the freebies are chosen at random if you post on their special threads on the GOG.Com forums. I think you still have time to enter the second round of giveaways.

Sale has started.

Everything is on sale except for games by Codemasters and Piranha Bytes (the three Gothic games), so like 8 games total out of 300+. Even the newest releases, like Ultima 7, are on sale.

The Activision stuff is only on sale until December 26th.

Other than that, everything is a straight 50% off until January 2nd. awesome sale.

Don't forget to get your free Empire Earth Gold today too.

I think Gothic is on sale. It's hard to tell right now since everything keeps erroring out, but a guy in the forums was saying it was applying the 50% discount to his Gothic 3 purchase.

Edit: Gothic 2 and 3 are $4.99 each. Gothic is still $9.99.

I would hesitate to buy anything until the site has stabilized.

A few reports of people in GOG's own forums about cards getting charged but no games showing up in the accounts due to the site getting hammered.

Love these sales.

Just bought a ton of games and site seems to be working fine. All games show up in account listing and currently are downloading.

DRM free. What does that mean? I can install on both my pc and my son's pc? Or do I need 2 copies. I know these are $3 and I want to support GOG. But just asking.

[quote name='dadofmace']DRM free. What does that mean? I can install on both my pc and my son's pc? Or do I need 2 copies. I know these are $3 and I want to support GOG. But just asking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with DRM free you have no restrictions in the number of installs

DRM stand for Digital Right Management. Its what publisher use to to limit use of content when purchased. You how some games have a five pc install limit, internet activation, Ubisoft infamous always connected mess, and even steam itself. Gog games have none of that. Once you buy the game there is not limits to the amount of times or PCs you can install on, or client that its tied too. The only drm is the honor system in that you upload it to internet to be downloaded by others, or sell it yourself.

Anyway the site must be getting hammered as it went to maintenance when I was trying to browse.

[quote name='MOTORCITY_MADMAN']Can someone please tell me can you re download these games without re purchasing it or can you only download them once? ^Thanks[/QUOTE]

After you purchase the game, you can download it from Your Account as many times as you want.

[quote name='facls']After you purchase the game, you can download it from Your Account as many times as you want.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.Thanks for the info :applause:

I got Empire Earth free and downloaded just fine. And to confirm again, I have games I bought there a year ago and I can still go into my account and download them again if I need to with no issue.

Site is back up but still getting hammered. I have $20 worth of games, well technically $40 worth of games, but there are a few more games I'm unsure of. I kind of want Bloodrayne since didn't play them on console, but I'm not sure if I want to bite. Same with Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare.

Maybe change the topic title slightly to reflect the fact that Empire Earth is only free for 48 hours?

Got the B-17 game. Played it years ago and loved it. Thinking about getting Iron Storm, but had to say no to Empire Earth 2 since the only PC that can play it is from 2001 and broken since 2006.

Also for anyone getting the Empire Earth Gold, can you verify issues with the expansion...it worked last year for me, but did not work this year. Not that it is as good as the main game.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Neverwinter
Baldur
Baldur 2

Oh man this is going to be great lol[/QUOTE]

Those games and Planetscape have been on my wish list for a long time now. It would be 20 bucks to get the whole pack, but they are so old it feels wrong to pay that much for them. Maybe I'm being too cheap for my own good.

Grabbed Dungeon Keeper 2 and BattleChess for 3$ each. My kids still play Dungeon Keeper 2 together via Lan all these years later.

[quote name='hellhunde']Bah, the only ones that I really wanted are the Gabriel Knight games, but they're not on sale.[/QUOTE]

They are. You have to click through to the game page. Prices aren't reflected in search results. I should add this to the OP.

As awesome as this sale is, I just can't bring myself to spend anymore money this year... no matter how badly I want to... but I mean LBA2 is only $2.99... that's not much... no... I said I wouldn't... and I told my wife I wouldn't...

:p

[quote name='louiedog']They are. You have to click through to the game page. Prices aren't reflected in search results. I should add this to the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! And damn you.... I'm not sure I can resist anymore. GK was one of my earliest introductions to story-driven gaming. It blew my mind.

$41.92 from me, but luckily I had $70 set aside in my paypal for Steam, D2D, and Gog holiday sales.

Does anyone know if Space Quest V is a "talkie" version like part IV? Also, how is Space Quest VI? I've played and beaten the previous five games and really enjoyed them, but I keep reading mixed reviews about VI.

bread's done
Back