GOG Deals Thread

Trusty Mutsi mentioned Papers, Please decide to leave the cart (it must be (the game) one of those darn rebels!), so is a copy still needed? Looks like mine might still be able to go through, fingers crossed

Never mind, it was gone on mine as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smugglers 5 - $2.49 and 600 of them.

I bought this yesterday and loaded it up and it looked neat.  4 different factions, different jobs to choose from.  Looks cool anyway.  

Here is the updated list that I have...
Looking for:
Nitrosmob - Vampire the Masquerade. <<VtM already had its last round, right?
Simpsonps121 - any Sierra Adventure
Elessar123 - Shadowrun Returns
Gilby - Space Quest 4+5+6
Also, me and somebody else (MysterD?) wanted Pirates: Gold.

I'm looking for Shadow Man, go ahead and take VTM off the list I think it came up two days ago sadly. I missed out on it the first time when it went in like 2 minutes haha.

HERE IS THE CURRENT LIST:

Looking for:

Talkinrock: Pirates: Gold
Nitrosmob - Shadow Man.
MysterD - Pirates: Gold

I haven't seen King's Quest or Space Quest back up as last chance.  Is that correct?

Also I never played any of the Police Quest games.  Do you Sierra lovers recommend them?

I haven't seen King's Quest or Space Quest back up as final chance. Is that correct?

Also I never played any of the Police Quest games. Do you Sierra lovers recommend them?
1.) That is correct

2.) In my opinion, they are just as good, if not better (in some ways), than the other Sierra "Quest" games. They were designed with the help of a police chief, and the intention was to make them as "real" as possible, without carrying over into the dramatised "TV-like" feel, like that of police procedural shows.

I haven't seen King's Quest or Space Quest back up as last chance. Is that correct?

Also I never played any of the Police Quest games. Do you Sierra lovers recommend them?
The Police Quest games are good. They tend to be more serious than the other Sierra adventure games, so if the comedy was a big draw for you it might be best to skip them.

PQ is awesome. Fully enjoyed them.

Pirates Gold - I thought it already came up the 3rd time. But I hope not.
I thought it came up too when you were buying it for me but now I don't remember if it was the last chance offer or the second offer.

Edit: You sent me a PM yesterday at 1:28 pm with the purchase notice if that helps at all.

I'm reposting an edited version of this, as I forgot I wanted Betrayal at Krondor:

Looking for:

Talkinrock: Pirates: Gold & Betrayal at Krondor
Nitrosmob - Shadow Man.

EDIT: MysterD, did you still want Krondor, as well?

So, apparently I just looked back at the list of "games that still are left" on page 615 of this thread, and Pirates: Gold has already come and gone... oh, well. :(

Also, why did nobody bloody pick up keys for me and MysterD??!!! :p

So, apparently I just looked back at the list of "games that still are left" on page 615 of this thread, and Pirates: Gold has already come and gone... oh, well. :(

Also, why did nobody bloody pick up keys for me and MysterD??!!! :p
I think it was already gone before you asked unfortunately. We should have known though.

Gilby is very correct. But the puzzles are logical. Huge plus!!
Logical puzzles?! An adventure game can't be good unless doing things like picking a lock require bubble gum, two peking ducks, and a 1965 penny! :razz:

Makes me wonder why I've waited this long to pick up the PQ games (I think they've been on sale before), love mystery solving games, and puzzles that don't require blind luck to figure out (*cough* Culpa Innata *cough*)

I'm reposting an edited version of this, as I forgot I wanted Betrayal at Krondor:

Looking for:

Talkinrock: Pirates: Gold & Betrayal at Krondor
Nitrosmob - Shadow Man.

EDIT: MysterD, did you still want Krondor, as well?
Oh, yeah - put that on my list...

Betrayal At Krondor pack.

Reddit's got a nice list here of things for GOG Insomnia sale here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/25haps/gog_spring_insomnia_sale_last_chance_final/

Oh, yeah - put that on my list...

Betrayal At Krondor pack.
That's the only thing that I'm still looking for at this point. I don't want it badly enough to ask people to grab it for me if I'm not here though. The way I figure it, if it shows up while I'm sleeping, that's the Universe's way of telling me that I don't need another game that I'll probably never play.

Updated List.  I think that Pirates and Krondor are gone...  but  I will keep them on the list.

Talkinrock: 
Pirates: Gold & Betrayal at Krondor
Nitrosmob - Shadow Man.
Simpsonps121 - any Sierra Adventure, Last Express, Long Live the Queen, and Jack Keane 2.  
Elessar123 - Shadowrun Returns
Gilby - Space Quest 4+5+6
MysterD - Pirates: Gold, Betrayal at Krondor Pack

A steal? It's really difficult to give that away, could probably get a copy free from the GOG forum in minutes..

It's odd that it sells at a decent pace though.
Yeah, I still have a gift copy left over from when they gave it away last summer. I figured that everybody already owned it, so I didn't even bother offering it up.

EDIT: Does anybody actually need Torchlight?

EDIT #2: Gone to Talkinrock

Yeah, I still have a gift copy left over from when they game it away last summer. I figured that everybody already owned it, so I didn't even bother offering it up.
I'll take it, as long as you're offering (I own the sequel, but never played, erm, "bought-just-for-shits-and-giggle" the original).

EDIT: Forgive my broken English in that last sentence... I think it's justified, however, *just* for the sake of cracking a funny.

I keep seeing Battleworlds Kronos.. any reason why I should get this?  It looks neat, but the reviews are not kind to it...  

Anything else I should pay attention to?  I have to leave in about 30 minutes, and I am soooo scared I will miss something.  :)  

I know I have a problem...  (too many games) but I enjoy the problem!!

Looks like I also still have a gift copy of the following games from previous GOG giveaways:

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition

Dungeon Keeper Gold

If you want one, quote this post with the one you want.

Talkingrock is disqualified for the time being because he already got Torchlight. If an hour passes without these being claimed though, he becomes eligible again.

EDIT: All gone

BTW check out http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html has the remake of Quest for Glory 2 and King's Quest 1-3. Good companion to the current sale.
Also, as I pointed out a several score of pages back, AGD Interactive has another wing called "Himalaya Studios" that makes original adventure games (as in ones you *gasp* have to pay for to own!).

Anyway, just to get the word out, I'll mention it again: Their first game, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, was recently released on Steam, So, if you're an adventure game-oholic, add it to your wishlist—unless you picked it up in either the Groupees or Indie Royale bundle a while ago—as it's definitely on par with the classic Sierra/Lucasarts games.

Also, they are almost finished with their second (well, third, if you count the lackluster Al Emmo "hidden object" sequel) game, called "Mage's Initiation." I backed it during the Kickstarter campaign they ran for it, and having clocked about 40-50 hours on the beta, I can tell you it's quite a wonderful game. It's a point n' click/RPG hybrid, which makes for some truly unique and interesting gameplay.

Looks like I also still have a gift copy of the following games from previous GOG giveaways:

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition

Dungeon Keeper Gold

If you want one, quote this post with the one you want.

Talkingrock is disqualified for the time being because he already got Torchlight. If an hour passes without these being claimed though, he becomes eligible again.
I'd like Dungeon Keeper. Never mind. I do have it. Somehow missed it in my game list.

bread's done
Back