GOG Deals Thread

OP updated.

Awesome huh? I dunno. I want Darkstar One just out of morbid curiosity. The game was advertised as a better Freelancer, then it fell short in every single catagory except for maybe graphics. $4 is steep for that game...

[quote name='crabbit']Ooo! In for the Jagged Alliance games, and also, for some footage of Idiotekque being lured into a she-trap[/QUOTE]
Who said I was lured?

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Awesome huh? I dunno. I want Darkstar One just out of morbid curiosity. The game was advertised as a better Freelancer, then it fell short in every single catagory except for maybe graphics. $4 is steep for that game...[/QUOTE]

That's one of the 5 games in this sale I don't already own on GOG.

On steam there's a Patricians & Merchants Pack for $7.99 that includes Darkstar One, The Great Art Race and Patricians 3. I bought the pack for $2.50 during a previous sale, and it's been as low as $2 (last November).

Makes it hard to justify $4 for just the one game, even if it is a DRM free version.

[quote name='elessar123']Darkstar One is ok. Nowhere near as good as Freelancer, as you already know. Really repetitive though.[/QUOTE]
From what I understand, you only get one choice of ship, every system looks generally the same, and the story is terrible "cops vs. robbers".

I want it, but yeah.

[quote name='Idiotekque']From what I understand, you only get one choice of ship, every system looks generally the same, and the story is terrible "cops vs. robbers".

I want it, but yeah.[/QUOTE]

Well, yea, you get the Darkstar One... It's one of a kind. The story was pretty bad. I always wondered how this awesome ship was so weak in the beginning. Systems looking the same didn't bother me, but every mission (regardless of type) was basically kill these guys and surprise! They have reinforcements!

[quote name='elessar123']Well, yea, you get the Darkstar One... It's one of a kind. The story was pretty bad. I always wondered how this awesome ship was so weak in the beginning. Systems looking the same didn't bother me, but every mission (regardless of type) was basically kill these guys and surprise! They have reinforcements![/QUOTE]
Then again, it's hard to beat Freelancer's story. That game needs a movie. :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Then again, it's hard to beat Freelancer's story. That game needs a movie. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The benefits of 2 PCs while playing FFXI -- a lot of time to play Freelancer while waiting for a party =P

(A decade ago)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, I think I passed on the pack at $2.50. I really don't want Darkstar One, but I do.[/QUOTE]

Then you need my pack on Steam. I'll let it go at cost ($2). Though, to be honest, what really intrigued me was that Art Race game.

Are the Sacred and Disciples games worth purchasing? (Not sure about the quality and if they've ever been 75% or more off).

[quote name='bshirk']Are the Sacred and Disciples games worth purchasing? (Not sure about the quality and if they've ever been 75% or more off).[/QUOTE]
They've been in very cheap indie bundles.

[quote name='Idiotekque']They've been in very cheap indie bundles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll wait and see if they appear again, then.

Weekend Promo: Ultimate Square Enix (50% off)

Anachronox $2.99
Conflict: Desert Storm $2.99
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition $4.99
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War $4.99
Gangsters: Organized Crime $2.99
Hitman: Codename 47 $2.99
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Defiance $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $2.99
Pandemonium! $2.99
Startopia $2.99
Thief Gold $4.99
Thief 2: The Metal Age $4.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $4.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $4.99
Tomb Raider 4+5 $4.99
Tomb Raider 6: The Angel of Darkness $4.99
Urban Chaos $2.99

Great selection of games, but only 50% off is a bit disappointing. Most of these were 60% off last September in a previous Square Enix sale, and a few were 75% off if you bought a whole pack during GOG's end of year sale.

So Pandemonium 2 is not out yet on GOG I guess? Hmm. I may grab the first one. I really liked those games way back when.

Ooh, Startopia. I played the demo a lot as a kid. Now as an adult, I can finally experience the full version.

[quote name='VidPower']Ooh, Startopia. I played the demo a lot as a kid. Now as an adult, I can finally experience the full version.[/QUOTE]
... and likely have your memories ruined via the revelation that it's not quite as amazing as you thought it was as a child.

[quote name='Idiotekque']... and likely have your memories ruined via the revelation that it's not quite as amazing as you thought it was as a child.[/QUOTE]

Startopia holds up just fine. It's still one of the best space themed sims out there.

Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.

[quote name='bshirk']Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.[/QUOTE

Blood Omen 2 wasn't on sale last time. It was recently added to gog at the time, if I remember right

[quote name='kendog1331'][quote name='bshirk']Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.[/QUOTE

Blood Omen 2 wasn't on sale last time. It was recently added to gog at the time, if I remember right[/QUOTE]

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Never really understood peoples fascination with this particular game ;)[/QUOTE]

You get to build a fuckfuckING ROLLER COASTER!

:cool:

[quote name='MysterD']@Ashes
When's System Shock 1 hitting GOG?
I missed-out on SS1.[/QUOTE]

Here's System Shock (1) on GOG.
System_Shock_on_GOG.jpg

[quote name='asheskitty']Here's System Shock (1) on GOG.
System_Shock_on_GOG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Okay, let me rephrase this...

When is System Shock 1 going to be able to be officially purchasable and distributed as a PC gaming download via GOG?

[quote name='MysterD']LOL!

Okay, let me rephrase this...

When is System Shock 1 going to be able to be officially purchasable and distributed as a PC gaming download via GOG?[/QUOTE]

Well since Stephen Kick manged to wrangle the rights to SS2 and it appeared on GOG, I'd imagine that there is increased demand and capability to get SS1 on GOG. I'm really not sure who owns rights for it, Looking Glass or Origin (pub, later bought by EA). Although I haven't played SS1 for over 17 years, I imagine it holds up well.

[quote name='asheskitty']Well since Stephen Kick manged to wrangle the rights to SS2 and it appeared on GOG, I'd imagine that there is increased demand and capability to get SS1 on GOG. I'm really not sure who owns rights for it, Looking Glass or Origin (pub, later bought by EA). Although I haven't played SS1 for over 17 years, I imagine it holds up well.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't SS2 in the hands of some Insurance Company? Would SS1 be part of that, too?

GOG has lowered the price on a bunch of games from $5.99/$9.99 to $3.99/$6.99 as part of an experiment to see if they'll generate more money at lower prices. Here are the full details and lists of games.

bread's done
Back