GOG Deals Thread

I'm close to Spelunky, also. Trying to decide what to buy to get me basically free Spelunky.

Might wind-up being Sea Dogs [original], which ain't even on Steam.
Ugh I just realized I'll be 300 xp short of of getting Spelunky from just doing the daily check ins. Curse you GOG. Now I am finding myself looking through their catalog trying to find something cheap to buy so I can get Spenlunky free on GOG even though I already have it on Steam and already don't play it there where I much prefer to have my games I don't play.

I have issues.

PS - I looked at Sea Dogs but the reviews all say it sucks.

Ugh I just realized I'll be 300 xp short of of getting Spelunky from just doing the daily check ins. Curse you GOG. Now I am finding myself looking through their catalog trying to find something cheap to buy so I can get Spenlunky free on GOG even though I already have it on Steam and already don't play it there where I much prefer to have my games I don't play.

I have issues.

I thought everyone is on GoG is going to get additional free 300 xp assuming the next Twitch challenge is completed so if you did the daily check in, it should be just enough for Spelunky

GOG PLAYS ON TWITCH.TV

Join us for the grand Twitch Plays event and help complete in-game goals for extra XP!

• Everyone controls the game with simple chat commands. Join us or just sit back and watch the madness unfold.
  • Work with the community to complete in-game challenges: In Stardew Valley you will be tasked with the geatest feat of all: to plant a Parsnip. In Grim Fandango Remastered we will hunt for a balloon shaped like Robert Frost.
  • For every challenge we complete, everyone will get a 300 XP boost in the Summer Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I haven't been paying attention to the Twitch crap or whether those points have been routinely deposited etc at all but I guess I can wait until the last day to panic about getting a game I don't need on a site I don't want for free.

I have issues.

I don't have Spelunky anywhere period.

There's also nothing much else it looks like that I'm interested in at GOG's current sale pricing - which is often weak, when compared to Steam, bundle-sites, etc.

I do actually have Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales (AKA Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales) from retail - I did like it when I played it with the SuperMod and played it for a few hours, but stopped b/c after a few hours it felt repetitive (i.e. see Sid Meier's Pirates remake).

I have AoP 2: City of Abandoned Ships from retail - but, never touched it.

I'm also not sure to expect Sea Dogs (original) to be better than Caribbean Tales or what.

Still - for 75% off on Sea Dogs (which isn't on Steam) & free Spelunky...still very tempted.

I was kind of looking at this moldy weird ass insect ARPG Entomorph

bae63ea11f3cbb208fe166089e7f43d664f1a66e192325302adb156b1f46a118.jpg

You got that in a box somewhere D?

Wait I just realized they haven't done the Grim Fandango Twitch thing. Did they give up on those? I thought maybe they'd do more than the two events they said they'd do.

Edit: Also you could always help people by gifting them games (they pay you back via PayPal of course.)

Wait I just realized they haven't done the Grim Fandango Twitch thing. Did they give up on those? I thought maybe they'd do more than the two events they said they'd do.

Edit: Also you could always help people by gifting them games (they pay you back via PayPal of course.)
Okay I haven't been paying attention to the Twitch crap or whether those points have been routinely deposited etc at all but I guess I can wait until the last day to panic about getting a game I don't need on a site I don't want for free.
https://www.gog.com/summer_xp

According to the very bottom of that page, Twitch Plays Grim Fandango Remastered in about 14 hours

Got Revenant and my free copy of Spelunky that's pretty much it. I was interested in grabbing Silver, Arx Fatalis and Arcanum, but the first two didn't go on sale and the latter is only 67% even though around a month ago went on sale for 80% off. I usually dislike GOG seasonal sales, if they don't try to push that insomnia crap they end up making bundles and individual discounts take a hit in the process. Their weekly discounts are way better, it's been like that for a while now.

Arx Fatalis rarely goes on sale, because Arkane got really stingy with the discounts when they recovered the rights to the game itself.

Arx Fatalis rarely goes on sale, because Arkane got really stingy with the discounts when they recovered the rights to the game itself.
The Steam version of the game has been sitting on my inventory for a few months now, I haven't activated it because I really want to own the game on GOG. It's been on sale for at least 50% off during the last two big Steam sales, why they neglect people a sale on GOG is beyond my comprehension.

The Steam version of the game has been sitting on my inventory for a few months now, I haven't activated it because I really want to own the game on GOG. It's been on sale for at least 50% off during the last two big Steam sales, why they neglect people a sale on GOG is beyond my comprehension.
It was years and years before it went on anything resembling a decent sale on Steam too.

FWIW at least on Windows 10 (and presumably 8; not sure about 7 and below) the Steam version won't run without installing Arx Liberatis, which also effectively lets the game launch without the Steam client so there's that.

Maybe you want a 1 click solution, but it's easy enough to download it from Steam, then run the Arx Liberatis installer or extract the files from http://arx-libertatis.org/files/snapshots/arx-libertatis-1.2-dev-2016-06-12/arx-libertatis-1.2-dev-2016-06-12-windows.zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arx Fatalis and copy over when asked.

It was years and years before it went on anything resembling a decent sale on Steam too.

FWIW at least on Windows 10 (and presumably 8; not sure about 7 and below) the Steam version won't run without installing Arx Liberatis, which also effectively lets the game launch without the Steam client so there's that.

Maybe you want a 1 click solution, but it's easy enough to download it from Steam, then run the Arx Liberatis installer or extract the files from http://arx-libertatis.org/files/snapshots/arx-libertatis-1.2-dev-2016-06-12/arx-libertatis-1.2-dev-2016-06-12-windows.zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arx Fatalis and copy over when asked.
Yeah the game was 75% during a Summer sale about 4 years ago and then it was never discounted at all until last year's Summer sale, I picked up because I got tired of waiting for a discount on GOG.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take them in consideration if I decide to add the game to my library :).

I don't know why anyone would want to run Arx Fatalis without Liberatis source port these days anyways.

Arx Fatalis itself has always had all kinds of issues here w/ performance, graphical issues, mouse-lagging issues, and CTD's here even on W7. 

Liberatis is smooth as silk with no issues.

Liberatis or bust, I say.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers – 20th Anniversary Edition.

DHJG9A30C10A52FEDF

The only reason that I have that to pass along is because of Bruceg, who was kind enough to share his extra copy. So if you have thanks to offer, it should be directed to him.

Picked up the Anno collection, the Agarest collection and Trails in the Sky as impulse buys...as I own all the freebies except Gabriel Knight. And on Steam so I can't even give the extras away, oops!

On a kinda unrelated note I popped open Gog Galaxy, realized Broken Age was still installed there and finished it. Woulda probably deleted it if it was staring at me from a library I actually look at all the time lol

MysterD's GOG Summer Sale 2016 Haul:

Purchases:

Sea Dogs

Games Given Away To Him:

Spelunky

Gabriel Knight: Fathers of the Sin - 20th Anniversary Edition -> shout-out + thanks to The End & BruceG for this one!

Extra GOG Code lingering:

Spelunky

Pretty poor sale overall. Prices are higher than what I would have to pay on Steam for the same items, and so many of the titles have been bundled in the past. I should soon have enough XP for Spelunky, so that will be my final haul. 

Even Spelunky being free on GOG is disappointing. It's missing the daily challenges and leaderboards that the steam  version has. Really the only decent freebie is Gabriel Knight, but I figure that'll get bundled eventually

My haul:

The Chronicles Of Riddick:  Assault On Dark Athena

DROD Bundle

World Rally Fever:  Born On The Road

Ultimate Body Blows

Pax Imperia:  Eminent Domain

Classic Anon Series

The only game available for purchase on Steam is "DROD RPG:  Tendry's Tale" which was part of the bundle.  I think Assault On Dark Athena was at one time but got pulled awhile ago.  I was able to get all 3 freebies with these purchases and everthing except the Anon bundle (75% off) was at least 80% off.

I think Assault On Dark Athena was at one time but got pulled awhile ago.
Gamestop still sells Steam keys for it. Possibly other places too but it has shitty DRM on it that Atari was too lazy to pull in the Steam version for whatever reason so you're just better off having it on GOG. And if I say that then it's 4real. :p

Is there anybody out there who is just a little bit shy of reaching one of the unlock goals? Because there is a game that I want, but I have discovered that it is actually more expensive over in Putinland. As a result, I'll be buying it through the US store. But since I'm doing that, it occurs to me that it doesn't really matter if I buy it myself, or have somebody else buy a gift copy for me. If you buy a gift for somebody, it still generates sale experience like it would if you were buying for yourself.

The game in question is Cossacks Anthology which is currently on sale (in the US store) for $1.19. Obviously not a shitload of experience to be had, but if you're close, it might be enough to put you over the top.

PM me if you need help. I'll edit this post after I get a taker.

EDIT: Sale is over. I bought the game myself with 30 seconds to spare before time ran out. It's a shame I couldn't help anybody out. But I guess anybody who was close had already bought some cheap game to put them over the top before I posted this.

I also need some games gifted to me in exchange for PayPal if anyone can get them at the cheap price.  I don't need the exp/free games.

Here is my list so far:

INDIANA JONES® AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB - $1.49
INDIANA JONES® AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS - $1.49
COSSACKS ANTHOLOGY - $1.19
CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: ASSAULT ON DARK ATHENA - $2.99
SEA DOGS - $1.49

I am also interested in some recommendations from the D&D Classics bundle and the HOMM Pack (besides 3 Complete) if anyone has the full bundles.

Thanks in advance!

I also need some games gifted to me in exchange for PayPal if anyone can get them at the cheap price. I don't need the exp/free games.

Here is my list so far:

INDIANA JONES® AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB - $1.49
INDIANA JONES® AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS - $1.49
COSSACKS ANTHOLOGY - $1.19
CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: ASSAULT ON DARK ATHENA - $2.99
SEA DOGS - $1.49

I am also interested in some recommendations from the D&D Classics bundle and the HOMM Pack (besides 3 Complete) if anyone has the full bundles.

Thanks in advance!
If you're asking if people can buy games in a cheaper region and gift them to you no they can't. That's been disabled by GOG. If you want Russian or whatever pricing you'll have to do the VPN shenanigans yourself.

If you're asking if people can buy games in a cheaper region and gift them to you no they can't. That's been disabled by GOG. If you want Russian or whatever pricing you'll have to do the VPN shenanigans yourself.
I meant the cheaper price you would pay if you already own the whole bundle. The Indiana games are $2.39 if I buy them individually but $1.49 for someone who already owns the whole bundle.

Thanks in advance!
I have the d&d classics if you want them discounted. Can't really make a recommendation since it's been so long that I can only remember bits and pieces of them.

I meant the cheaper price you would pay if you already own the whole bundle. The Indiana games are $2.39 if I buy them individually but $1.49 for someone who already owns the whole bundle.
Oh I forgot about those annoying bundle discounts. I probably intentionally mental blocked them.

I used to have the bundle with Baldur's/Icewind etc but they replaced it with the updated versions.

Well I'd say you could buy something for someone but there's that whole no gifting from the cheaper regions to the more expensive ones thing.
I can gift stuff at the Gringo price, and the cheapest piece of garbage in the store is apparently Alien Breed + Tower Assault, at 59 cents.

Eh I'll just give this away to a buddy.

Is the GOG version of Cossacks Anthology better than the Steam versions?
Not that I'm aware of. I only want it because I'm a total degenerate game buyer.

I picked out all the stuff I want to get and I'm 300 XP short of getting Gabriel Knight.

ARGH.
Assuming that it's not too late, I invite you to go back and read my previous post.

Too ashamed to list my haul, I blame the shirtless russian bear for seducing me!  I did hold out on games that are on steam though. Except for Stardew Valley because it'll be a long time before that's under $5 there.  

I'll be sure to pay many indulgences to Gaben during the upcoming sale to atone for my sins.

Too ashamed to list my haul, I blame the shirtless russian bear for seducing me! I did hold out on games that are on steam though. Except for Stardew Valley because it'll be a long time before that's under $5 there.

I'll be sure to pay many indulgences to Gaben during the upcoming sale to atone for my sins.
Trying to hide your Lesbian farming, but we all can zoom our browser font size!

Not even Spelunky for free from checking in every day? :p
I didn't realize that checking in every day was a thing until the last day when I looked over the sale one more time. I have Spelunky on Steam, so I'll just wait for it to come to GOG Connect.

My haul:

Revenant

Some of those old Square Enix games never come to steam. I thought that might be one of them. Didn't care for anything else on sale.

bread's done
Back