GOG Deals Thread

forgot about the sale, never checked in, have 0 xp, already have shitlunky on steam, I would think it sucks on gog as well as it does on Steam.  

Mooby in no way endorses the content in this post, implicitly or explicitly, nor any of the crap posted in this thread.   

Somebody refresh my brain as to whether these Activision doodads have been cheaper than 66% off before.
A good many of them have had bigger discounts during Insomnia sales. Which is how I happen to own most of them.

If you're talking a normal sale where you don't need to sit by the computer waiting for a 12 second window of opportunity to buy a game you might want, I'm not sure. I did a search of Activision in this thread and most of the posts announcing Activision sales were 60% and lower. I saw one or two posts complaining that Activision never does 75% off sales on GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sale for them is never great, but a lot of those games are. Also doesn't have that bull buy all of these for the discount otherwise 50% off!

Classic game though that might be, those are some ugly dated graphics. Free is free, but I'm not sure if I could ever bring myself to actually play that one. But then, There are few 3D games released prior to 2000 that I can still bring myself to play.

Nice!

EDIT:

Classic game though that might be, those are some ugly dated graphics. Free is free, but I'm not sure if I could ever bring myself to actually play that one. But then, There are few 3D games released prior to 2000 that I can still bring myself to play.
Don't know how much this will help w/ textures and all of that (b/c we'd probably need texture mods), but you could use SWP Source Port to at least clean-up resolution stuff + add some graphics bells & whistles:

http://swcentral.weebly.com/swphowto.html

I installed SWP long ago - but geez, here's another classic game that's sitting in my eternal backlog.

Also in my Steam backlog, as well.

New games got added to GOG connect:

AI War Fleet Command
Anno 1404
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition
Cossacks Anthology
Dex
Hot Tin Roof
Hotline Miami
OlliOlli
Shadow Warrior (2013)
The Last Federation
The Masterplan
X:Gold
X:Rebirth
Ziggurat

Anno 1404 didn't work for me, but that might be because I own the US titled version (Dawn of Discovery).

EDIT: Oh, and GOG's Back to School sale has started. The Interplay bundle is pretty good if you're missing any, I believe this is the first time the Star Trek games have had a good sale. It'll likely be the last time Interplay games will be this low before getting delisted.

EDIT 2: Ok, according to The End the Star Trek games have been 80% off before. Still, 90% off is a record low and a good time to buy them if you need them.

EDIT: Oh, and GOG's Back to School sale has started. The Interplay bundle is pretty good if you're missing any, I believe this is the first time the Star Trek games have had a good sale. It'll likely be the last time Interplay games will be this low before getting delisted.
Delisted? Why? From GOG only or Steam too?

Any Interplay recommendations? I already own MDK 1 and 2, GIANTS: Citizen Kabuto, and Freespace 2

I have Earthworm Jim 1+2, Toonstruck, and Startrek 25th Anniversary in my cart.

Is Messiah any good? Haven't played any of these games so I don't have nostalgia for these so any recommendations while the games are heavily discounted?

Ones I recommend from my childhood/nostalgia purposes,

stonekeep - it came with an actual hardcover novel which the digital version is included. Its an alright dungeon crawler if thats your thing

conquest of the new world - civ-like expeditionary game, I just remember pouring many hours in as a kid into this one

Are any of the Star Trek games any good?  I know the hoarders won't care, but the games I want are already 90% off so I don't have an incentive to bundle. 

I liked 25th anniversary as a kid, never got to play judgement rites but always heard it was good. Keep in mind those are on steam as well though, so theres a chance they'll end up on sale on steam before they get pulled

I liked 25th anniversary as a kid, never got to play judgement rites but always heard it was good. Keep in mind those are on steam as well though, so theres a chance they'll end up on sale on steam before they get pulled
Interplay is really stingy with Steam discounts, even when games are getting delisted. They've had 80-90% off sales on GOG in the past, but the lowest anything has been on Steam is about 60% off I think. I don't think they had any good discounts when the Descent series was delisted on Steam.

Anybody who wants some of the Interplay games is better off completing the whole pack at 90% off. If you need to budget for the purchase just skip a couple Groupees pre-orders.

Anybody who wants some of the Interplay games is better off completing the whole pack at 90% off. If you need to budget for the purchase just skip a couple Groupees pre-orders.

You don't have to buy the whole pack to hit 90%...I was able to hit 90% after adding 6 games....
Some of the games are 90% off without the bundle. The only value to bundling is if you want games that are not already 90% off.

In a private tab (logged out, not owning anything) the games show as 60% off. They don't switch to 90% until I select 10 or more to add to cart.

If you already own 10+ then maybe you already get 90% off. Or, if you own 6 games you need to buy 4 or more to get 90% off and so forth.

In a private tab (logged out, not owning anything) the games show as 60% off. They don't switch to 90% until I select 10 or more to add to cart.

If you already own 10+ then maybe you already get 90% off. Or, if you own 6 games you need to buy 4 or more to get 90% off and so forth.
That could be it, but for example, if I open the Star Trek game page those all show for 60% off no matter what, but if I open the page for other individual games (like Redneck Rampage, Earthworm Jim) those show up as 90% off individually.

That could be it, but for example, if I open the Star Trek game page those all show for 60% off no matter what, but if I open the page for other individual games (like Redneck Rampage, Earthworm Jim) those show up as 90% off individually.
I checked the pages for those games and they all show up as 60% off (private tab, logged out). Some people on reddit noticed the same thing. Maybe in your case it's a bug with the individual store pages and calculating how many Interplay games someone owns.

This reminds me that it's been almost 4 years since GOG ran a big Interplay bundle.

H9YxctP.png

I see 90% for all of them individually. I already own more than 10, though.

For $0.59, you should grab the Star Trek games if you have any interest in them at all. I played them on CD-ROMs, MysterD-style, so I'm passing, but if anybody's hot for them, I can grab them in a gift order. Actually, it looks like I can send gift orders for any Interplay stuff at 90% off, so if anybody needs stuff, let me know. I might pick up Kingpin at that price just to see whether it's as annoying as I remember.

I currently own 4....all games showing up in pick list as 60% off...until I select 6...then it drops(Raises?) to 90% off...
Yeah, that seems to confirm what's happening, whether it's a glitch or not. If you own 10 or more, like many of us do from previous Interplay mega-bundles, anything you do or don't own in the list is 90% off.

I also noticed that in the Rebellion BaB, I only own one on GOG, so everything except the two Battlezone games (which are 15% off, for some weird reason), is showing up at 60% off. If I add 4 to my cart, the prices flip to 75, except for the Battlezone games, which show as still at 15% but are actually 30%. Go home, GOG, you're drunk. Too much Redanian herbal last night, I guess.

Bought some interplay games (was about to buy messiah, I remember wanted to try it back then, buy watched some gameplay and... No) and some missing and wanted Lucas games (the dig and afterlife). Nice sale really

I feel like the "Build Your Own Bundle" aspect is new. In past sales I feel like you had to buy all games on a page to get the maximum discount, instead of a certain number.

Bought some interplay games (was about to buy messiah, I remember wanted to try it back then, buy watched some gameplay and... No) and some missing and wanted Lucas games (the dig and afterlife). Nice sale really
Messiah got a lot of crap in the day, but it really was decent in the day, cant say how it would be today, AI probably is horrible.

If your looking for something unique your probably didnt play in the day, Try Sacrifice or Die by the sword, or Giants.

I agree with the Sacrifice suggestion. It is excellent. And this isn't a "looking back through rose colored glasses" sort of thing. I played the game for the first time about a year and a half ago.

I played sacrifice back in the day. Amazing game, of course I grabbed it ;)

Already had Giants (gog giveaway)... and die by the sword... No

Crysis (original), Crysis Warhead, and MoH: PAcific Assault have now joined GOG, for all you DRM-FREE fans.

All are 60% off at $7.99 each.

The Fall Sale has just begun

As a special promotion login to GOG.COM and claim a free copy of Little Big Adventure 2.

There will be a banner farther down the front page as well as an ad in the bottom right corner of the page.

By any chance, is there a list some place of all the games that GOG has given away free over the years? I can can remember many of them off the top of my head (Broken Sword Director's Cut, Fallout Collection, Duke Nukem, Torchlight, System Shock 2, Little Big Adventure 1 and now 2) but I know some are eluding me.

I'm not talking about games that could be had if you accumulated enough points to unlock a game during one of their current/recent sale promotions. Or games given away to lucky winners during Insomnia sales. Or even glitches or exploits like many of us did with Through The Woods the other day. I mean games that were free to everyone (or a large number of people) simply because they claimed it within the giveaway window.

EDIT: I also don't count games obtained from Steam Connect.

bread's done
Back