GOG Deals Thread

Noooooo missed it again! Guess Ill have to wait for the winter sales to pick up jack keane 2.  Sounded so awesome from the reviews too

My opinion of GOG has changed considerably. I hate GOG.
google-image-result-for-http-assets0-ordienetworks-com-images-gifguide-landlord-you-need-to-relax-gif-fe957966-original.gif

25 JK2s and 700 MYSTs later, not bad for a half hour or so. I missed nothing!  :bouncy:

500 Eadors for six bucks - same stuff as last night. Zzzzzzz....

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated completion list in *alphabetical order:

*I have no idea what that other shit was...

(DONE) Aquanox 2: Revelation $1.49

(DONE) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99

(DONE) Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49

(DONE) Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99

(DONE) Chaos Engine $3.29

(DONE) Deus Ex GOTY $1.99

(DONE) Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49

(DONE) Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99

(DONE) Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99

(DONE) Lords of Midnight $1.93

(DONE) Master of Magic $1.19

(DONE) Might & Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed. $2.49

(DONE) Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49

(DONE) Populous: The Beginning $1.49

(DONE) Reus $2.49

(DONE) Rogue Legacy $4.99

(DONE) Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99

(DONE) Rise of the Triad $7.49

(DONE) Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49

(DONE) Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99

(DONE) Syberia $1.99

(DONE) Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49

(DONE) Thunderscape $2.39

(DONE) Total Annihilation: Kingdoms $1.49

(DONE) Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49

Alpha Centauri $1.49

Anodyne $2.49

Anvil of Dawn $1.49

Aquanox $1.49

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99

Beyond Good and Evil $2.49

Blackwell Bundle $2.99

Brutal Legend $3.74

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09

Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99

Defender's Quest $2.99

Don't Starve $4.99

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49

Evoland $2.49

Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99

FEZ $2.99

Geneforge 1-5 $2.99

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99

Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 Bundle $4.99

Hotline Miami $2.49

I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93

Icewind Dale Complete $1.99

Inquisitor $3.74

Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99

King of Dragon Pass $1.49

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99

La Mulana $2.99

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49

Leisure Suit Larry $2.49

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99

Lucius $3.99

Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99

Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49

Megabyte Punch $4.99

Miasmata $2.99

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99

Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99

Planescape: Torment $1.99

Postal 2 Complete $2.49

Primordia $2.49

Psychonauts $2.49

Puddle $1.99

Rayman Origins $4.99

Resonance $2.49

Retro City Rampage $3.74

Sacred Gold $1.99

Shadow Man $2.39

Shelter $3.99

Space Colony HD $2.49

Spellforce Platinum $2.49

Startopia $1.49

Strike Suit Zero $4.99

Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09

System Shock 2 $1.99

Tales of Monkey Island $5.24

The Real Texas $2.99

Theme Hospital $1.49

Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99

Thief Gold $1.99

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Torchlight $2.99

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49

Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99

Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49

Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49

Wargame: European Escalation $6.69

Wing Commander 4 $1.49

Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49

Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99 

Updated completion list in *alphabetical order:

*I have no idea what that other shit was...

(DONE) Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49

(DONE) Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99

(DONE) Lords of Midnight $1.93

(DONE) Master of Magic $1.19

(DONE) Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49

(DONE) Rise of the Triad $7.49

(DONE) Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49

(MERCIFULLY DONE) Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49

Alpha Centauri $1.49

Anodyne $2.49

Anvil of Dawn $1.49

Aquanox $1.49

Aquanox 2: Revelation $1.49

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99

Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99

Beyond Good and Evil $2.49

Blackwell Bundle $2.99

Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99

Brutal Legend $3.74

Chaos Engine $3.29

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09

Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99

Defender's Quest $2.99

Deus Ex GOTY $1.99

Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49

Don't Starve $4.99

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49

Evoland $2.49

Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99

FEZ $2.99

Geneforge 1-5 $2.99

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99

Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 Bundle $4.99

Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99

Hotline Miami $2.49

Hotline Miami $2.49

I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93

Icewind Dale Complete $1.99

Inquisitor $3.74

Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99

King of Dragon Pass $1.49

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99

La Mulana $2.99

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49

Leisure Suit Larry $2.49

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99

Lucius $3.99

Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99

Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49

Megabyte Punch $4.99

Miasmata $2.99

Might & Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed. $2.49

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99

Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99

Planescape: Torment $1.99

Populous: The Beginning $1.49

Postal 2 Complete $2.49

Primordia $2.49

Psychonauts $2.49

Puddle $1.99

Rayman Origins $4.99

Resonance $2.49

Retro City Rampage $3.74

Reus $2.49

Rogue Legacy $4.99

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99

Sacred Gold $1.99

Shadow Man $2.39

Shelter $3.99

Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99

Space Colony HD $2.49

Spellforce Platinum $2.49

Startopia $1.49

Strike Suit Zero $4.99

Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09

Syberia $1.99

System Shock 2 $1.99

Tales of Monkey Island $5.24

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49

The Real Texas $2.99

Theme Hospital $1.49

Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99

Thief Gold $1.99

Thunderscape $2.39

Thunderscape $2.39

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Torchlight $2.99

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms $1.49

Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99

Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99

Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49

Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49

Wargame: European Escalation $6.69

Wing Commander 4 $1.49

Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49

Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Looks like the only thing I'm waiting for now is NWN1...

GOG is the definition of backlog, wasted money, and nostalgia for me.

I mean, I do think the concept is great, but I just like DL the game, start it for five minutes, think "I remember this game" then think "Even the shittiest game from this generation is still better" and then x out of dosbox and play nothing. Every time.
The problem, too, is that user reviews on GOG aren't reviews so much as they are fond reminiscences. It's hard to read these reviews without being seduced by nostalgia.

I guess I might grab Icewind Dale if it comes back up. One of the few D&D games I'm missing in my collection, which I insist on being on GOG.

I guess I might grab Icewind Dale if it comes back up. One of the few D&D games I'm missing in my collection, which I insist on being on GOG.

I have the D&D anthology on gamestop. Awful client, you can't even backup the games. Now I'm buying it again on GOG, the best place to have them all. And I'm waiting for IwD too

I have the D&D anthology on gamestop. Awful client, you can't even backup the games. Now I'm buying it again on GOG, the best place to have them all. And I'm waiting for IwD too
My D&D Anthology is on GamersGate. I pulled the installer down and archived it on a backup HDD. Not that painful, so am content to not rebuy it. Yet.

Chasing NWN though. Have NWN2 on Steam, so just NWN1.

You obviously missed last night then when JK2 only had 100 copies.
I didn't even know about this sale, so I did miss last night.. GOG only sent me the email telling me about this sale at 4pm today. Which is odd since I've been a member of GOG since the service started.

I didn't even know about this sale, so I did miss last night.. GOG only sent me the email telling me about this sale at 4pm today. Which is odd since I've been a member of GOG since the service started.
It's surprising how ineffective email has become as a way of instantly notifying people of events. Similarly, I received the GOG email today, after already having purchased about a dozen items in the sale. Goes the same for indie bundles and sale events from other game retailers.

It's surprising how ineffective email has become as a way of instantly notifying people of events. Similarly, I received the GOG email today, after already having purchased about a dozen items in the sale. Goes the same for indie bundles and sale events from other game retailers.
I suggest "liking" them on Facebook. I know about all that's going on as it shows up on my feed.

It's unCAGly of me to say, but Eador is worth the $6. I put waaaay too many hours into that game. It's an addicting as hell mashup between Civ V and King's Bounty.

I suggest "liking" them on Facebook. I know about all that's going on as it shows up on my feed.
My facebook is filled with too much family garbage already, it's hard enough for me to pay attention to that. I don't want social media to be my news source. I give my stupid email address to companies because I want to be informed. That really should be enough. Seriously, WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO SEND OUT EMAIL?!? It is an internet mystery that I don't understand. Everything is too damn complicated now. Get off my lawn. :oldman:

The problem, too, is that user reviews on GOG aren't reviews so much as they are fond reminiscences. It's hard to read these reviews without being seduced by nostalgia.
That's almost all you can do with the allotted review space now - looking at reviews on titles they've had available for years versus recently released titles, they have obviously adjusted the character limit. I tried submitting a "har-har(-not-)funny" Jack Keane 2 review last night that wasn't even that long, and I had to butcher about half of it because of this. How kind of them to NOT!!! tell me a specific character limit, might I add...

I'd also suggest that you "Get Notifications" for their posts, assuming you check FB often. It's one of the most effective ways to stay on top of deals from them and others (though Indie Royale is all kinds of shitty and inconsistent with FB updates). It also keeps me up to speed on Jessica Nigri's personality.

It's unCAGly of me to say, but Eador is worth the $6. I put waaaay too many hours into that game. It's an addicting as hell mashup between Civ V and King's Bounty.
I almost bought in 'cause it actually looks neat; fortunately, Indie Bundle Wiki was there to save the day and remind me it was part of Be Mine 9, which I bought.

Also, I'd like to thank ROTT and Eador for making my shift at work that much easier. I didn't have to worry about buying anything.

My facebook is filled with too much family garbage already, it's hard enough for me to pay attention to that. I don't want social media to be my news source. I give my stupid email address to companies because I want to be informed. That really should be enough. Seriously, WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO SEND OUT EMAIL?!? It is an internet mystery that I don't understand. Everything is too damn complicated now. Get off my lawn. :oldman:

I got the e-mail when it started via real muthaphukkin Gmail.

If Steam did something like this, I would almost certainly be checking the deal every few minutes. Since it's GOG, I check every now and then to see if there's something on sale that I can only get there.

That's almost all you can do with the allotted review space now - looking at reviews on titles they've had available for years versus recently released titles, they have obviously adjusted the character limit. I tried submitting a "har-har(-not-)funny" Jack Keane 2 review last night that wasn't even that long, and I had to butcher about half of it because of this. How kind of them to NOT!!! tell me a specific character limit, might I add...
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that. Maybe this change was made to prevent people from using reviews as an opportunity to wax nostalgic about their entire childhoods. I've seen some reviews like that.

If Steam did something like this, I would almost certainly be checking the deal every few minutes. Since it's GOG, I check every now and then to see if there's something on sale that I can only get there.
Gog was bad enough, i couldnt imagine steam doing this during the winter sales. No gamer would get any work done for 2 weeks

I also wonder if steam could handle the bandwidth. Usually every day at the deal change over of big sales steam goes down, i couldnt imagine the constant influx of traffic of roll-over deals

Gog was bad enough, i couldnt imagine steam doing this during the winter sales. No gamer would get any work done for 2 weeks

I also wonder if steam could handle the bandwidth. Usually every day at the deal change over of big sales steam goes down, i couldnt imagine the constant influx of traffic of roll-over deals

Why would they stop working?

Didn't Steam run variable time deals when they first rolled out flash sales? I remember a whole lot of bitching and moaning from people who missed deals because they foolishly slept. Running something like this current sale on Steam would probably lead to pitchforks and torches.

Sweet Jesus how the hell is it even possible to get any of the games they throw up for free.I pressed it as soon as it popped up and got some message saying how it ended or expired or something(I didn't fully read it  :drool: ).

bread's done
Back